Photo

San Andreas Nostalgia!

95 replies to this topic
AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I can honestly say I didn't even KNOW about the games and the different titles but I first saw GTA SA in 2005 when I was 30 years old, I was blown away by how real it looked even on a Ps2. Then my mate got Gta Liberty City Stories and after work we would play it for hours.
Then as life and time passed, I was quite involved with work so I forgot about grand theft auto for FOUR WHOLE YEARS!! Then in late 2009 i managed to buy a brand new Ps2 slim at Kmart at a very cheap price $80 australian and I didn't even think to get grand theft auto I was into RPIC 2005 (Cricket game) and i finally got a brand new copy of gta sa which was expensive ($45) in May 2010 but when i finally got to play it this feeling of awe was surrounding my body I could feel, see and believe that this was truly a remarkable, if not, believable world. I am hooked...
I have played through the storyline four times and am currently on my 5th run. I'm 37 years old so what im saying is even at my age, you never get tired of gta sa and i can' t wait for the new one! Cheers \_/

bscutajar
  • bscutajar

San Andreas Pro

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've been playing the game since I was a little kid. I still do to this day. This is the greatest game I've ever played.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Wednesday, Mar 7 2012, 05:14)
QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Wednesday, Mar 7 2012, 05:10)
SAN Andreas has really sh*tty graphics their crappy. i'm not a graphics natzi but after playing iv the graphic are horrible. im playing on my hd tv which makes it worse. im still enjoying it but its tripping me out i usually adjust to graphics quickly but not this time

Oh my god, the games graphics were perfect then. Of course your gonna say there bad. But graphics do NOT make a good game. It is as good then as it is now. I still play Resident Evil 2 for god sakes, and the graphics are repulsive.

Well said.

lefty98
  • lefty98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:06 PM Edited by lil weasel, 07 June 2012 - 05:11 PM.

EDIT >> 'new' topic merged into existing topic of same subject <<

idunno about any of you but ithink that san andreas was the best game gta has ever made imean like it was fun going to the gym going out meeting new people and still istill play the game now ibet it took them ages to think of that game well done rockstar because i some of the games like vice city IV or liberty city ou dont get much clothes to choose

commet or like above if u agree

oglevempire
  • oglevempire

Knowledge Holder

• Members

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yes,

I remember just purchasing that game a few weeks after it was released. I think I was 9 by then, I was so glad that the game was finally released. Even though I had no real interest in the story line, and didn't really care for the plot - I did care for killing a lot of people and finishing the game before everyone else in class. Woah, these were very good times, exiting times, as a matter of fact. I remember confusing the "N" (North) and the other missions, sometimes I actually drove to the N, in an attempt to get a mission. Good times.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas was always my favorite. Even now, I spend roughly 4-5 hours a day playing SAMP, and 1 hour on the Single player. I never enjoyed a story line like I enjoyed GTA:SA's one. It is freaking amazing, makes me happy every time! :>

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

By far the best game in the GTA series. It was so in-depth for the time that it was placed in.
That was (and still) the only game that I ever bought for PC and played around with like
100 different mods.

BlueRidgeMountainMan
  • BlueRidgeMountainMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

Oh man... San Andreas' release was a bad time to be a 14 year old with GTA-hating parents. I remember reading that Game Informer with the San Andreas cover story, and reading all the reviews, and seeing the TV spots that played "Welcome to the Jungle"... and I wanted to play it badly. SO badly.

And when I got my driver's license in '08 and didn't need my parents to drive me everywhere, I realized that just because I bought something... didn't mean they had to know I bought it. Yep, I got San Andreas and snuck it into the house like dirty magazines. And I loved it.

Part of the reason this is such a special game to me is because it brings back lots of fond memories of reading those reviews and seeing those TV spots. And when GTA V's trailer dropped, it was like being hyped for San Andreas all over again... only this time, I'll be able to play it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:59 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 11 June 2012 - 06:15 AM.

As much as I try everytime I play SA I usually find myself getting bored really fast. I do remember playing for hours and hours when it was new, but I feel it lost its spark a long time ago.

Even VC feels s bit like that to me. GTA IV is the only GTA I'ved bothered to complete recently. It's been years since I've finished SA. December 2004 I'm sure.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

Radio X sparks Nostalgia that I cum all over the place.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 18:47)
Radio X sparks Nostalgia that I cum all over the place.

Yeah.... Radio X was the best radio in GTA San Andreas IMO

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

No! K dst ftw!
I loved when i wasted my time trying to find bigfoot and do an episodes of air crash investigations.
Reading through these posts bring back so many memories.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Tuesday, Dec 18 2012, 19:01)
No! K dst ftw!
I loved when i wasted my time trying to find bigfoot and do an episodes of air crash investigations.

Mother rules tho

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:07)
No! K dst ftw!

Mother rules tho

If you're talking about bumping topics, somebody already bumped it before me

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

What's that supposed to mean?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

I have all three versions.

I play SA at least twice a week.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 10:12)
QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 00:07)
No! K dst ftw!

Mother rules tho

If you're talking about bumping topics, somebody already bumped it before me

He's talking about the song Mother by Danzig on Radio X, personally my favourite song in the game.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Gta san andreas was the best game I had on ps2 and one of the gta's I ever had. I really hope GTA V can top it or match it. I still play it on pc but it isn't as good as ps2 version. Lokking at that trailer brought memories and a big suprise I can't believe it was 2004 when it was released ouch that is frieghtening.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (richard1997jones @ Wednesday, Dec 19 2012, 11:26)
Gta san andreas was the best game I had on ps2 and one of the gta's I ever had. I really hope GTA V can top it or match it. I still play it on pc but it isn't as good as ps2 version. Lokking at that trailer brought memories and a big suprise I can't believe it was 2004 when it was released ouch that is frieghtening.

Do you think IV is better than SA? wink.gif

C.J moms ghost
  • C.J moms ghost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Man I didn't really get into video games until 2011. But I remember one day in December 2011 seeing San Andreas on the Xbox live marketplace and just getting an adrenalin rush at the sight of it. I don't why but I almost get a tear in my eye when I play it. I play 4 times a week AND I JUST f*ckING WANT TO CRY whenever I visit grove st. GTAA SA 4 LIFE.!!!

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Best GTA yet, SA represents the perfect balance of what a GTA should be in my opinion. Bought it for my PS3 the other day and nearly shat my pants when the opening screen started. So much win

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Gets me every time.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Radio Los Santos always get's me along the mood of rap.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

I haven't played GTA SA in about 6 days,and I miss it.

The Pizza Delivery Guy - That video makes me want to buy GTA SA for PC and sooooo badly. I could never do a video that good but it looks like so much fun. It takes me back to the days when San Andreas was a new world to me, fresh and unexplored.

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by lil weasel, 16 April 2013 - 03:53 PM.

EDIT: << 'new' topic merged to existing topic of same nature >>

Having thought back to 2004 I realised how long ago it was and next year it will be 10 years. Does anyone else feel old. i was 11 when it came it out got it on day of release Now I'm 19 waiting for GTA V time goes by fast when you stop to think about it sad.gif

EDIT: This is an Olde Game.
Many questions can be answered with the FORUM TOOL:
SEARCH.
Always SEARCH before making a ‘new’ topic.
If your SEARCH contains words of less than Four letters use Bing/GOOGLE.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I have MANY memories with SA. I remember me and my dad playing this game ALL THE TIME. The first time I played SA, I just enjoyed driving around the countryside getting chased with a 6 star wanted level.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by lil weasel, 31 July 2013 - 06:56 PM.

EDIT: << New topic merged to Existing Topic of same nature. >>

As everybody on this earth knows, GTAV is going to be taking place in LS. It won't be the same LS as 1992, but it will have gone through some grown-up changes. It's commercial, shiny, and glitzy now instead of the gritty hoods, dangerous riots, and drug-controlled Vinewood yuppies (well, maybe the latter wouldn't have changed that much) but that doesn't mean it still isn't LS. Is anybody going to feel nostalgic playing through San Andreas, seeing the South Central riots and hearing about the C.R.A.S.H. members getting off scot free? Maybe take a breeze through Off Track Betting, and place a couple bets on an absurdly named horse? What I'm trying to say is, for once we have an area (although not the same universe), that we can actually witness first hand that's grown up in the past 23 or so odd years it's been. It's been a really fun 9 years with C.J. and the gang, I can't wait to see what comes of it..

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

I love San Andreas, and have had MANY great times playing it. It keeps me occupied for hours at a time. I'll never stop playing SA.

Just thinking about the old times when SA was new to me.. inlove.gif

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

I remember, back in the day, first seeing the air port and the roads in the car park(the roads that went over the motorway near the pond) and coaches going over them. it was just the first time feel that you get when you experience something amazing.

kasa
  • kasa

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

I remember actually till this day the first moment I started up the game, it immediately gave me goosebumps. Everytime I hear the word 'Grove Street, home' I still get the same feeling.

Amazing were going back to Los Santos with GTA V, I really hope Grove Street is there, Im quite sure Ill shed a tear walking up there.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Me and my friends would always screw around with cheats for endless hours, running from cops in a tank. GTA SA was the first game I stayed up late playing, I was 6 and I stayed up til 1 AM on a school night. I remember before leaving for Pittsburgh, me and my friend skydived out of a hydra over Red County. And then in 2010, me and my other friend tried to beat the story. We tried so hard to get through Zero's missions, and eventually gave up. Then a couple years later, I found out we didn't even have to do those angry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users