III WIP
311 replies to this topic
Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:23 AM Edited by Frank.s, 29 November 2012 - 09:27 AM.

This mod has some great innovative features but the quality of the new map models are crap compared to the quality of the frankly great programming. What i mean is that the models look like they were made by a child but the programming looks like it was made by someone with skill. The difference in quality makes the mod look weird, imho this mod deserves better quality 3d stuff.

If you guys write a list of the map objects you want to add to the game then i (or other people who feel like supporting the mod) might get around to making one or two for you, how's that sound?

Once more thing: Leaf why do you reply with the tone of voice suggesting that you wrote the code? Lucas seems to be the one programming but the way you talk makes people think you did it. (i mean that it's the way you word things, i don't mean you ever outright claimed anyone elses work) Just wondering if you knew that's what ya sound like. icon14.gif

Jennawright
  • Jennawright

BTTF:LC Leader

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19 AM Edited by Jennawright, 29 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

I speak for the entire team regardless of who's position is what and the models are actually decent but they are mostly placeholder models.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

I speak for the entire team regardless of who's position is what
Alright.
and the models are actually decent but they are mostly placeholder models.
Ok, understandable. Who's the teams 3d artist for the final models? I wanna see his/her previous work to get an idea of how good the mod's map will look.

Does the team have a plan for the new locations? Like a top-down pic of the roads/buildings sketched or whatever, i'm asking because it would be good to see how much new stuff is being added.

Jennawright
  • Jennawright

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

we will base allot of it on the backlot design and alot on just how terrain and city design looks, I cant give any pictures of his previous work but chico688 is our modeler and he gets better every time he makes a model its kind of an OCD

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:52 AM Edited by Frank.s, 25 December 2012 - 05:43 AM.

Aha alright, looking forward to seeing more of the mod. Keep up the good work, all of you. cookie.gif
I just noticed the map models that i insulted are made by the same guy who made the car models, i take back my comment of him modeling like a child because the car models are actually really good.
Don't get me wrong, i like the good quality stuff he does, i was only hating the lq placeholders. I hope the final map models he makes will be the same quality as the cars. smile.gif

Edit: Due to my work on other mods and also irl busyness i won't be able to finish my modeling until sometime in the new year.

Jennawright
  • Jennawright

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

BTTF Liberty City Promo 3 "New Town Square"

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

Bald

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017
    Best GTAGarage Staff 2017
    Most Talented [Graphics] 2016
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Honorable mention]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Champion Guinea Pig [GTAFMC]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]
    Biggest Asskisser 2014
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Biggest Asskisser 2013

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Haha, that's a pretty epic trailer. Great job, can't wait!

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well-made trailer and mod. cookie.gif
Constructive crits: Add vertex colouring to the new map models though, that makes them look like they belong in the game, at the moment they look flat but vcols fixes that. icon14.gif

Jennawright
  • Jennawright

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

actually we do have vertex coloring on most of the models.

Jennawright
  • Jennawright

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:52 AM Edited by Jennawright, 28 July 2015 - 04:58 AM.

WOW Talk about killing a topic! 

anyways guys got a list of news here

BTTF:LC 1.1B is without a doubt being released on November 5th, the mod is in the process of being cleaned enough for a release because we honestly feel that you have waited long enough, too long actually. so why are we releasing 1.1B and then doing a patch for all the broken things? well two reasons actually. the engine is basically destroyed. at some point I became very unhappy with the direction we were taking the mod and I started trying to change features and half way doing it. so I have to pick and pull until the game is somewhat playable but still better than 1.1A  Reason number 2, I'm busy with Bronycon and fixing hill valley's 0.2f for their release as well, basically they asked me to help and i said sure why not.

will there be a "1.1C/1.2/2.0"?

No actually Everyone in the team is either sick of playing rockstar's lets fix the broken stuff game, or are sick of BTTF

So what happens now?

there are still a few people who are still into BTTF in the team, and myself slightly still into it. what this means is we are ready to broaden our horizons to making our own free to play BTTF Game, we are in the process of building an engine and seeing how that goes. keep in mind we are starting at ground zero that means this could either fail horribly or take a long time to make.

so when do I get to play?

that's actually hard to answer because we are horrible at keeping dates for a mod let alone a full game. so heres the plan, the year is almost over, so theres no chance of releasing this year. but that means we can try to release a playable game. some time next year 

what will be in the first game build?

unfortunately the first build is going to seem a little boring, because theres no time travel. but we will have hill valley, an animated player model of marty mcfly and a brand new DeLorean time machine to drive around the city. 

why isn't there much in the build?

this was decided because we want to get it out there and then do updates to the game engine/game so you always have something new to do.

will it be multiplayer?

yes actually but not in the initial build. and this is mostly because we want to build an avatar system for players to really interact with eachother.

how would multiplayer even work?

this one we can't say much about because we want you to actually see it. but the mode we have come up with is going to be awesome.

so what's it called?

we haven't come up with an official name for the game yet but at the moment we are calling it BTTF Reloaded or BTTFR for short. any ideas on a back to the future game thats not called back to the future the game are appreciated. we really dont want our game confused with telltales game.

any more questions I'd be happy to answer the only questions I cant give much detail on is questions about the engine, nothing is final at this point.

we are so excited to take the next leap with you guys and we hope you are too. and on behalf of the remaining team. thank you for everything.

• ALMOST610, Kalvin and Mr.ClaudeFan like this

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:18 AM

Wow, how odd that I was just thinking 2 days ago what had happened to this mod, I even had an old video of it where you were showing off the towing function from San Andreas in III, and to log on today and see an update for it is kinda creepy now.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope to see something released come November 5.

To think of all the mods I have done in the time since this was last updated here..... Wow, was it really all those years ago now.

Ingramsl19
  • Ingramsl19

The server will be restarted in 0 seconds! f*ck

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:23 AM Edited by SSRenz, 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM.

The 1.1b Cheat are does't working intro my pc

Look the I Can't get the Plutonium on this map

Locate now 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users