PES 2012

52 replies to this topic
vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

I gotta say the graphics look better than it predessor.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

One of a few new camera modes, ''pitchside'' is called.

user posted image

I'm used to play on Normal Long, or wide, but this camera looks promising. I just don't like the broadcasting one, too angled.
Also, free camera during replays is back!

Also, i believe football life & edit modes preview will be at gamescom in a few days, together with videos and screens, so stay tuned!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

Sorry for the bump, loads of info from gamescom:

- 1st demo, offline demo 25th august
- 2nd demo, onlnine demo mid-september (game is ofcourse out 29th sep USA/JAP, 14th Oct UK)
- Gameplay video:
- 'Gamescom will also introduce visitors to key new modes within PES 2012. Football Life showcases the different career paths in the sport, and allows users to experience a career as a player, manager or owner. It is an umbrella title spanning the popular Master League and Become a Legend modes, both of which have been enhanced for the new game, but also the all-new unlockable Club Boss mode, where you steer a club fiscally.''
- myPES preview, http://www.pesfan.co...roducing-myPES/, turns out it's a facebook only app.
- PES 2012 GC trailer, fun begins at 3:04, aka the preview of Football Life, which is indeed a mix of BAL, ML and Club Boss a new mode. . Still not sure can you play them all at once, or do you go first as player, then as manager then as boss, or how, but i'm sure we'll know soon

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Game looks really good, Football life looks awesome and I'm glad they are bringing the training modes back. Only worry I have is the CB's making foward runs in the back, I don't know if that is people spamming the sprint and one two buttons or they do that all the time.

Apart from the, game looks very promising, can't wait for the demo next week. colgate.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (arsenal_fan @ Wednesday, Aug 17 2011, 16:35)
Only worry I have is the CB's making foward runs in the back, I don't know if that is people spamming the sprint and one two buttons or they do that all the time.

Apart from the, game looks very promising, can't wait for the demo next week.  colgate.gif

Yeah it's hard to tell if it's the 1-2 pass or if it's actually the AI looking for space. The CB's seem to stop near the half way line so it looks to me that it's the AI, you can probably tweak the setting of the team to set your defensive line and how it pushes up.

It's looking pretty good and it looks like the stupid stumble when being forced off the ball is toned down which is good.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

Another very good gameplay video:

I'd personally love this guy to be a PES commentary! biggrin.gif
Demo in just a few days, 6 teams confirmed 3 from europe and 3 from south americas!

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

I hope they are club teams, but anyways the demo will kick some ass.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (fgcarva1 @ Thursday, Aug 4 2011, 02:29)
Although I like FIFA because of the Licencing. For some reason I find the licencing really important.

What's the licensing like now on PES? Last one I was played was years ago, and I don't think any name was real on their. The game looks great, but as stated, I'd rather play a game where I know who I'm playing as.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 17:28)
Although I like FIFA because of the Licencing. For some reason I find the licencing really important.

What's the licensing like now on PES? Last one I was played was years ago, and I don't think any name was real on their. The game looks great, but as stated, I'd rather play a game where I know who I'm playing as.

Even worse. National teams which were with proper player names in PES5 now unlicensed too. Though on PC ther're unofficial patches and mods that add normal logos, player names and more.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 16:40)

Even worse. National teams which were with proper player names in PES5 now unlicensed too. Though on PC ther're unofficial patches and mods that add normal logos, player names and more.

There are also patches for PS3 as well. Can't be done via 360 though since you can't transfer data. Such patches arrive about a day or two after the game release, so expect those patches to arrive somewhere 1st october or so this year. cool.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 15:58)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Saturday, Aug 20 2011, 16:40)

There are also patches for PS3 as well. Can't be done via 360 though since you can't transfer data. Such patches arrive about a day or two after the game release, so expect those patches to arrive somewhere 1st october or so this year. cool.gif

The patches can be done on the 360, i've got them all currently installed on my HDD for Pro Evo 11.

Anyone played the demo yet? played on the PC yesterday and it's fantastic, a slight graphics boost but it's all about the fluid gameplay. Some new slick animations give it a better feel, the AI has been tweaked and they will intercept passes and playing on top player you can get a right beasting by the trickier players. The dribbling is a billion times more responsive and has better 360 movement giving you more control and that's just with the standard dribble (not even using the L1 fine dribbling). The passing is so much smoother and quicker and the 1-2 passing works a treat.

Can't wait for the console demo to hit, the PC demo gave you a 10 minute game which is quite rare, so here's hoping the console demo gets the same time. Looking forward to this one even more now.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

How do you do the patch for the 360?

Oh, this game looks promising and some mates of mine that jumped over to FIFA from PES are now going to get PES this year. I'm getting sick of FIFA again so I want to go back to PES but I really can't play a game with some random colourful power gauge rainbow thing that pops out of from under the player. So stupid and out of place looking.

I know you could turn it off on the last one but is there an option to have the old power gauge?

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, i tried the demo, got to say, goalies suck, scored some stupid goals even on top player. Hope they fix it.
As for the PC demo itself, it's great, and there's mods for it on the PC already, one that adds a total of 256 team slots, so people are now converting PES 2011 teams an putting them into the 12 demo engine, together with the 2nd demo coming mid-september, it should be a good pre-season training until the new PES.

Also, here's the confirmed licenced stadiums. There will of course be slots for creating stadiums as well:
user posted image

And i don't get it why are people so annoyed by the shooting gauge. confused.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Created a UK account last night so I could download the demo. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into the game. It's like fifa has conditioned me over the years.

Overall, it played fine, but it was the little things that drove me crazy, particularly the dribbling. The ball seems to be very heavy and it had that "sticky" feel to it when dribbling (i.e. the ball suddenly slows down after each town, staying close to the players feet). Also, the player's movement appeared to be extremely jerky and awkward when dribbling. Is it just me, or do others notice this too?

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Tuesday, Aug 30 2011, 18:55)
Created a UK account last night so I could download the demo. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into the game. It's like fifa has conditioned me over the years.

Overall, it played fine, but it was the little things that drove me crazy, particularly the dribbling. The ball seems to be very heavy and it had that "sticky" feel to it when dribbling (i.e. the ball suddenly slows down after each town, staying close to the players feet). Also, the player's movement appeared to be extremely jerky and awkward when dribbling. Is it just me, or do others notice this too?

f*cks sake, seen your post and assumed the demo was out on the consoles, i'm assuming you downloaded on the PS3? some sh*tty problems between Konami and Microsoft preventing it hitting the 360.

Played the demo on the PC and it was smooth as fook and nice and fluid. Ball control and dribbling seemed fine to me also. The ball is supposed to stay pretty close to the feet when dribbling if you want to knock the ball in front of you more then double tap the run button.

@stadium list, no Anfield sad.gif .

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:44 AM

Yeah, I don't doubt that I'm just not applying the controls to their full effect. I feel like a fish out of water when playing PES, but hoping I'll get more used to it. But generally, the ball did feel heavy to me. When making passes, the ball seems to decelerate very quickly. Could just be me, but that was my initial reaction. Otherwise, I was very impressed with its presentation and aesthetic qualities.

Yeah, I did get it on PS3. I heard the xbox demo is being delayed for some reason...

Kweckzilber
  • Kweckzilber

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Friday, Aug 26 2011, 17:38)
Also, here's the confirmed licenced stadiums.
<LIST>

I don't think most of them are licensed. Waiting for the official DEMO now. That's what they call it.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

A Better Tomorrow 12/02/14

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:00 AM

I played the demo but I didn't really like it. It was a letdown in my opinion.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

FIFA is so boring now, the game is too realistic and predictable . "The goalkeepers have been upgraded AGAIN this year- now its impossible to score from further than 5 yards out"!
Think its time to go back to PES

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Wednesday, Aug 31 2011, 12:00)
FIFA is so boring now, the game is too realistic and predictable . "The goalkeepers have been upgraded AGAIN this year- now its impossible to score from further than 5 yards out"!
Think its time to go back to PES

Yep, After playing the PES demo it's made me realise even more how predictable fifa is, ALWAYS scoring the same goals over & over. It's PES for me this year.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Football Life > Master League preview

Not sure what photo gallery does, and the guy never did any gameplay videos, but it's assumed the gameplay will be better. ALso, it seems the crowd varies now, so if you play vs Barca or Real, it'll be full, but if you're playing last placed team in the league, the capacity won't be full.

Btw, xbox 360 PES 2012 demo #1 is canceled, due to some problems between Konami and MS. 2nd demo for PC,pS3 and 360 should come out next week, and then in 2 weeks, the full game!

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:59 PM

PES 2012 will be the first PES i've bought since PES 6. Fifa has run its cause for me, they keep putting little graphic tweaks & extras in the game but when it comes to play-ability all most of us want is gameplay & realism, PES has it this year for me, i'm addicted to the demo!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:54 PM Edited by ThePinkFloydSound, 01 October 2011 - 01:56 PM.

QUOTE (Bates_GTA @ Thursday, Sep 15 2011, 15:59)
PES 2012 will be the first PES i've bought since PES 6. Fifa has run its cause for me, they keep putting little graphic tweaks & extras in the game but when it comes to play-ability all most of us want is gameplay & realism, PES has it this year for me, i'm addicted to the demo!

Great to hear. As I mentioned earlier, FIFA has been getting boring for me now. I hate their menu system , particularly the 0.5 second delay it always had since when you press the analogue down to the option you want to go. Like you said too, the goals always end up the same. I never score the crazy goals I used to score in the PES golden titles when my mates and I used to drink a play. Realism is great sometimes but sometimes football is boring in real life and immitating that is crap. I want a game that plays like all the magic moments in a game even if that means the game doesn't look as realistic as a game you seem on the T.V.

Time to mix it up and embrace PES again. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users