Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

87 replies to this topic
TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

I actually just played MGS for the first time a couple months ago, and absolutely loved it. I'll definitely be geting the HD remake sometime this holiday season. But the only way to get MGS1 is to pay and download via the PSN?

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

So, as mentioned before, I read somewhere that this was getting released in Novemeber, which is only 2 months away, right? So why don't Gamestation have it down on their list of games that can be pre-ordered? You'd expect a big chain like that to have heard of this release?

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Going to out this here since it's the most recent MGS topic.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed by Kojima
http://www.ps3trophi...-by-Kojima.html

It seems that Solid Snake will be in MGS5, probably through flashback levels or something like that.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

MGS HD Limited Edition unboxing video.I can't wait for 3.2 and getting this bad boy:

leyja
  • leyja

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

i just plattd mgs 2 and mgs 3 from this collection now i just need peace walker

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:07 AM

I've had this for over 2 months and I still haven't had the patience to play through MGS 2. The stealth mechanics definitely haven't aged well.

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

I've never played a Metal Gear game. blush.gif

Is it worth getting this for 360, even though it doesn't include MGS1 which everybody says is the best one?

Also, I generally struggle with stealth in games & opt for the "kill every motherf*cker" option instead. Is the stealth extremely difficult in theses MGS games, & essential for survival? Am I likely to enjoy the stealth focus of these games?

Anyway, I badly want MGS4 (from the amazing footage i've seen)... what are the chances of that ever coming to 360? notify.gif

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Kalasinn, I'd never been one for stealth games either but I actually played MGS for the first time last summer and it was da shiznit. This dude down the street had his ps1 hooked up to a film projector and it was an experience. Didn't finish, which is why the MGS series is next on my list for PS3.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Question about the cut above trophy, do i have to select the tanker-plant option to unlock this trophy it didn't unlock after i finished the game though that might have been because i selected tanker first and then the plant.

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 02:20)
Is the stealth extremely difficult in theses MGS games, & essential for survival? Am I likely to enjoy the stealth focus of these games?

This is just my opinion, but I have never liked MGS stealth system and the cutscenes that are way too long (at least in 4). I tried both 3 and 4 and didn't bother to play more than a couple of hours. And I'm huge fan of Splinter Cell and Hitman series, so stealth shouldn't have been a problem for me, but somehow I just didn't enjoy these games at all. I wanted to like them, because Solid Snake seemed like an interesting character, but it just didn't work out well.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (pyramid head @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 13:12)
Question about the cut above trophy, do i have to select the tanker-plant option to unlock this trophy it didn't unlock after i finished the game though that might have been because i selected tanker first and then the plant.

Yeah, to unlock that one, you have to play Tanker-Plant

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 03:20)
I've never played a Metal Gear game. blush.gif

Is it worth getting this for 360, even though it doesn't include MGS1 which everybody says is the best one?

Also, I generally struggle with stealth in games & opt for the "kill every motherf*cker" option instead. Is the stealth extremely difficult in theses MGS games, & essential for survival? Am I likely to enjoy the stealth focus of these games?

Anyway, I badly want MGS4 (from the amazing footage i've seen)... what are the chances of that ever coming to 360? notify.gif

Well the bad thing about the 360 collection is that there's no way to play MGS 1 or 4, so you can't know the middle of the story and you can't see the end which is kinda disappointing for 360 owners, tho the games are really good.

In terms of stealth for this, yes it's essential for survival, you can make when getting caught by hiding, but if you choose to kill all of them, you probably die if it's on normal or higher.

To a person who really want to try out MGS, he/she has to understand that this is no run & gun game, and it contains cutscenes that are extremely long (especially MGS 4 which has a total cutscene time of around 6-8 hours, where the last cutscene probably is 60-70 minutes), but by skipping them you miss out like 99% about the story so watching them is a "must" if you want to know the story. I have no idea whether or not you might enjoy the stealth focus in mgs, tho it's worth a shot.

Chanses for MGS 4 coming to 360 are quite small, since it did not happen during this HD collection, I doubt it will happen at all.

But to sum it up, if you are interested try it out, these games does require patience, but it's worth it, the story and everything is awesome.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

If someone up to play some Peace Walker online sometime add me on PSN.

Svea_Forzum

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (The N. Bellic Man @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 01:07)
QUOTE (Kalasinn @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 02:20)
Is the stealth extremely difficult in theses MGS games, & essential for survival? Am I likely to enjoy the stealth focus of these games?

This is just my opinion, but I have never liked MGS stealth system and the cutscenes that are way too long (at least in 4). I tried both 3 and 4 and didn't bother to play more than a couple of hours. And I'm huge fan of Splinter Cell and Hitman series, so stealth shouldn't have been a problem for me, but somehow I just didn't enjoy these games at all. I wanted to like them, because Solid Snake seemed like an interesting character, but it just didn't work out well.

I think that stealth in MGS3 was awesome. The only thing that was lacking was the ability to walk when crouching. God I love that game.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

okay, so i need help on peace walker. I'm trying to get the armor from the cocoon boss battle but I can never get it. I tried everything from attacking just the AI pod to attacking every spot. what am I doing wrong?

also, how do you get head parts from other bosses?

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

The problem is people have such short attention spans, and are mostly too stupid to understand the games.

Its not just a game, its an experience, sure it may have ALOT of cutscenes and parts where you are taken from the game, but if you cannot learn to apriciate the story the first time through then dont even bother playing. Because you wont enjoy it.

Go back to playing sh*tty splinter cell and have a worthless non replayable game thrown in the bin after 6 hours.

Even when MGS2 came out in 2002 I still had the patience and respect for the game. You wont find any other games in the world, or even any other media with such detail and depth as these. It is probably why most people always prefer the first game, it was pretty straight forward in terms of storyline. No need to use your brain much there. icon14.gif

These are old games that use a very old style of gameplay, (no dual analog + fixed camera) but they are amazing, if you think how MGS2 is still amazing and basically being 10 years old now and still being able to sell againts current sh*tty titles.

You really cant have any say in if you like the games or if you think they suck without having completed the game. I cannot stand f*ckers who get something, then play it for two seconds and give up. What if all the epic parts were after the first few sh*tty parts? You do not have a f*cking opinion on the matter.

Anyway, this is the biggest bargain you will get this year, £29.99 for 3 amazing games, and the 2 NES games also, and SO MANY VR and extra missions.

These games are way beyond just being a 'stealth' game.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 19:44)
Even when MGS2 came out in 2002 I still had the patience and respect for the game. You wont find any other games in the world, or even any other media with such detail and depth as these. It is probably why most people always prefer the first game, it was pretty straight forward in terms of storyline. No need to use your brain much there. icon14.gif

Yeah. That's exactly why it's everyone's (including mine) favorite in the series.

Or wait... Maybe it's because it was the first game in the series I had played, it was such a great and a huge experience compared to other PS1 titles, also because it was the first MGS I had played it holds some nostalgia value and some good memories.
Naaah, that can't be it.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 17:50)
QUOTE (Daz @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 19:44)
Even when MGS2 came out in 2002 I still had the patience and respect for the game. You wont find any other games in the world, or even any other media with such detail and depth as these. It is probably why most people always prefer the first game, it was pretty straight forward in terms of storyline. No need to use your brain much there.  icon14.gif

Yeah. That's exactly why it's everyone's (including mine) favorite in the series.

Or wait... Maybe it's because it was the first game in the series I had played, it was such a great and a huge experience compared to other PS1 titles, also because it was the first MGS I had played it holds some nostalgia value and some good memories.
Naaah, that can't be it.

Did I say " Oh yeah and AreXi is a moron for liking MGS1 "

No.

I said, Most.

It is very rare to find anyone I know that had played or even enjoyed any other game in the series, its vast story just went off on one, which most people never held onto.

MGS1 was amazing, but a neat little package, as is all 'first in the series' types. All other games were worked around that to make it fit.

Just the point that nobody ever mentions the other games when you talk to people about MGS, just shows that people either didnt give a f*ck or gave up on it.

Though the inclusion of Raiden didnt help, but the point still stands.

People are idiots these days and cannot think worth sh*t. Which it is why it pisses me off when people say they suck because they cannot even get a grasp on what is going on.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Forzum @ Friday, Feb 10 2012, 09:28)
QUOTE (pyramid head @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 13:12)

Yeah, to unlock that one, you have to play Tanker-Plant

Thanks i thought it was a glitch when the trophy didn't pop, moving onto the VR missions trying to get first place in the missions is tough, i always end up in second place.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

You know, this MGS collection is well worth the money only to be able to play through this sequence again in MGS3

The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

I take back my opinion. I started a new game on MGS4 and readjusted my attitude towards this series. And now after playing through two acts I must say that I can almost call myself a fan. I also ordered this HD collection, so I guess that I can also recommend this series, though I still can't say if I'll like the earlier stealth mechanisms as much because MGS4 has many improvements.

1whitebuddah
  • 1whitebuddah

SHOWN PARASITIC

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

can someone help me out, i went in to gamestation and game(uk) to see if they sell the mgs hd collection for 360 and they said you can only get it if you pre ordered the game, he said your out of luck now and wont be able to buy the game, but i havent seen one website say that its pre order only.

did you guys pre order or just walk in to the shop and buy it?

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

I bought it from Asda on Monday for PS3, and they had no end of 360 copies in. Go there, it's cheaper anyway. Game is awful and overpriced.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Got this and enjoy it,gonna do marathon with this and MGS4.
Also,it looks like we will get MGS 5 in fiscal 2014,hope it will be prequel in WW2:

http://www.computera...or-fiscal-2014/

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

I really can't wait for Meta Gear Rising though. They're making it available to try out at E3 this year so here's hoping we'll get a 2012 release date.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (1whitebuddah @ Thursday, Feb 16 2012, 14:06)
can someone help me out, i went in to gamestation and game(uk) to see if they sell the mgs hd collection for 360 and they said you can only get it if you pre ordered the game, he said your out of luck now and wont be able to buy the game, but i havent seen one website say that its pre order only.

did you guys pre order or just walk in to the shop and buy it?

I honestly can't remember if i pre ordered the game or walked in and just bought it, i think i pre ordered it.

That doesn't sound right at all saying the only way you can get the game is to pre-order it, was it in game or gamestation they told you that or was it both places? you should have asked to see the manager and made a complaint that you were being prevented from buying the game just because you didn't pre-order it, what about all the other people who don't pre-order a game what are they supposed to do go without if that guy told them what he told you he would have a riot on his hands.

If game and gamestation only sell games to people who pre order then they won't sell a lot of games, going by their obviously flawed and quite frankly stupid logic they might as well just put a sign in the window saying if you don't pre-order a game you are not getting one, little johnny will be upset when his mother can't buy him fireman sam just because some store employee who has become corrupted by power said his mother didn't pre-order it.

I bought Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning (not pre-ordered) last friday with no fuss being made i walked in paid for it and walked out, the staff at my local GAME store are helpful decent people though and i know them all quite well not personally just from going in there once or twice a week.

Did you try HMV? If GAME and gamestation are becoming increasingly selective about who they sell games to then they won't last much longer.

I would definitely have made a complaint if i had been in your place, no one should have to put up with that treatment from anyone.

I'd say you were unlucky enough to encounter the store a*****e/ devil.gif who just made your life difficult, every store/workplace has one.

Getting back to the game, has anyone got any tips for coming first in the VR missions i keep falling short no matter what i do, at this rate it'll be a long time before i get the in it to win it trophy.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Maybe he couldn't buy it because every single copy they had was pre-ordered already. So they asked him if he had pre-ordered it. And because he hadn't, they couldn't give him a copy because then one of the people who had pre-ordered it couldn't have gotten his/her copy.

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Playa

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Apparently a lot of people myself included are having issues with the cats out of the bag and snake eyes trophies.

They will unlock only if you are playing the game on a HD TV with 720p resolution (and you might need a HDMI cable) according to this trophy guide
http://www.ps3trophi...e-road-map.html

I'm going to press R1 on all of them not just the hidden ones and see if it unlocks, if it doesn't then i'll swap to the HD TV and see if it unlocks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users