Quantcast

» «
Photo

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

87 replies to this topic
Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:56 AM Edited by PrometheusX, 03 June 2011 - 08:26 AM.

user posted image

Konami will release the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for not just the PlayStation 3. A first for the Metal Gear franchise, the HD Collection will also be released for the Xbox 360.

The MGS HD Collection, which is due this November, will include high-definition updates for Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and the highly regarded recent PSP release, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which is currently slated for this November.

Konami emphasized that both HD remakes are more than just emulator-based updates. The games are being "optimized and rebuilt" for the PS3 and Xbox 360, with a new user interface customized for HD resolutions. Konami has also redrawn the games' 2D art, effects, and fonts; improved audio quality; and included trophies and achievements. Force feedback and right analog stick functionality have also been added.

The HD updates pave the way for Konami's latest game-transferring initiative, which Konami vice president Hideo Kojima has dubbed "Transfarring." Currently compatible with PS3 and PSP titles, Transfarring operates much like Sony's recently announced PSP Remaster program, where consumers can wirelessly transfer their save files between the PS3 and PSP versions of a game.

The first game to take advantage of this initiative will be the HD Collection version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for the PS3. However, Kojima hopes to expand this program by bringing the Transfarring functionality to PlayStation 2 games, whereby saves are mobile to and from the PS3 and NGP. The final evolution of this system, according to Kojima, is to create all-new games for the PS3 and NGP that make use of Transfarring.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Sounds good, and definitely something I'd purchase. One question though, where the f*ck is MGS1?

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Oh my....

inlove.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

Shme MGS1 isn't in there and it's not planned for PC sad.gif . Shame I don't own a PS3. But I do can count myself lucky I own a XBOX360.

Will be getting this for sure. Can finally play those epic games one by one and spend my sweet ass time.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

Apparently the PS3 version will contain a code to download MGS1 and PSP PeaceWalker. I'll post a source but the site (GiantBomb is down atm).

But I'm so f*cking pumped for this!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

No PC, what a surprise.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:08 AM

ARE YOU sh*tTING ME?! I literally choked on my food.

I was going to buy a ps2 joystick just to replay MGS2 and 3. When this comes out you wont see me for months. If i was gay (wich i am certainly not) i'd blow Hideo Kojima on sight.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

SWEET!!!!

At last, i can play mgs 3 prop on ps3, (ps2 version runs horrible on it), App they are going to rework peacewalker too, which is good, I loved that game, but I never really felt it would have worked prop on a large console as it was built for portable gaming.

side note, hope they don't add a 3 d camera to mgs2 it does'nt need one, plus it might screw up the difficulty.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

I never played a MGS game but this is going to change.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Jun 3 2011, 11:05)
No PC, what a surprise.

None of the MGS games have been on PC really, bar the first one. So its understandable them doing a console only release

I can understand though, I'd love nothing more than them be on PC!

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Ptikobj @ Jun 3 2011, 18:34)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Jun 3 2011, 11:05)
No PC, what a surprise.

None of the MGS games have been on PC really, bar the first one. So its understandable them doing a console only release

I can understand though, I'd love nothing more than them be on PC!

MGS2 was on PC also, but it was poorly optimized.

Ptikobj
  • Ptikobj

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

It was? O:

My bad!

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

no news for MGS Rising for a long time now.I guess Kojima doesn't like Raiden much,i doesn't like him much either

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:45 PM Edited by Daz, 03 June 2011 - 06:24 PM.

MGS3 for 360?

I officially just sh*t a brick, then rubbed my face in it.

(That is a good thing if you didnt get that)

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:13 PM Edited by Supreme., 18 November 2011 - 07:20 PM.

Man, I'd happily pay as much as $100ish to have MGS 1-3 remastered/optimised for PC..

Ah well, I'ma get a PS3 one of these days, so I'll just pick it up then.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

Holy sh*t never thought I would see this. I love MGS
My only gripe is that they are remaking snake eater and not subsistance. The set camera views kinda piss me off.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:24 PM

Puckamun Scyther

Group: Members

My only gripe is that they are remaking snake eater and not subsistance. The set camera views kinda piss me off.

they are optimising subsistence/ it's been confirmed

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

YES!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Jun 3 2011, 21:54)

They will probably remake Subsistence but they'll call it by it's original name which is Snake Eater.

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:20 AM

Well, I've always been a fan of MGS, ever since I was 4 years old and played the first one, so I'll definitely be buying this HD collection for the XBOX 360.

They already made the second one on the XBOX, and the second one isn't exactly great playing as Snake, it's very short and the whole taking pictures of Metal Gear takes the wee-wee. Snake Eater is immense, I love it, it's got a long story too it, and I don't really have to explain much more, it's just a great creation from Konami, my second-best MGS, running slightly behind MGS1. The only thing I dis-liked about it was the fact that Eva's character could have been a bit more thought out, and so could have Ocelot's, the Ocelot's were all supposed to have a resemblance, but the Ocelot in Snake Eater was more of a bitch. Why would he turn from hating Snake and trying to kill him to liking him before he dies?

I've been hearing about this MGS Peace Walker for a while, I don't like the sound of it, and the reason for that is simple... You're not playing as Snake, you're playing as the fa**ot (Raiden). I never liked Raiden really, the only thing I've ever liked Raiden for is when you're fist-fighting and sword-fighting on MGS2 when you've been taken by Liquid.

Where the hell is MGS1?! It's the best in the series yet they won't bring it out on XBOX 360 and PS3? If Konami want MGS to go anywhere on the XBOX, they should bring MGS1 HD out, it would be seriously awesome to play that sh*t. I can imagine killing Fox in the icey forest in HD, it would look so better than the pixelated Playstation 1 Graphics.

This brings me to MGS4, I can't really say much, I liked it, and I didn't. The whole using the menu to do pretty much everything for your weapons made me a little put-off. The fact you had to use it for the black man's market, to buy ammo and get your guns unlocked and what not, you should have had to go to him, more realism. The bosses were good, but a few of them lacked the key ingredient to a game character, especially one who is the players enemy, a few of the bosses didn't have stories to them, I like to have a story about each character in a game, even if it's not human, I guess Konami ran out of ideas.

So, yeah, I can't wait for this to release in the Game stores, I'm aching to see what limited edition content you'll get when you pre-order the game for release. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they give you the chance to earn trophies and Gamerscore this time, because you couldn't earn any trophies on MGS4.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (LucianoLuchessi @ Jun 4 2011, 02:20)
Well, I've always been a fan of MGS, ever since I was 4 years old and played the first one, so I'll definitely be buying this HD collection for the XBOX 360.

They already made the second one on the XBOX, and the second one isn't exactly great playing as Snake, it's very short and the whole taking pictures of Metal Gear takes the wee-wee. Snake Eater is immense, I love it, it's got a long story too it, and I don't really have to explain much more, it's just a great creation from Konami, my second-best MGS, running slightly behind MGS1. The only thing I dis-liked about it was the fact that Eva's character could have been a bit more thought out, and so could have Ocelot's, the Ocelot's were all supposed to have a resemblance, but the Ocelot in Snake Eater was more of a bitch. Why would he turn from hating Snake and trying to kill him to liking him before he dies?

I've been hearing about this MGS Peace Walker for a while, I don't like the sound of it, and the reason for that is simple... You're not playing as Snake, you're playing as the fa**ot (Raiden). I never liked Raiden really, the only thing I've ever liked Raiden for is when you're fist-fighting and sword-fighting on MGS2 when you've been taken by Liquid.

Where the hell is MGS1?! It's the best in the series yet they won't bring it out on XBOX 360 and PS3? If Konami want MGS to go anywhere on the XBOX, they should bring MGS1 HD out, it would be seriously awesome to play that sh*t. I can imagine killing Fox in the icey forest in HD, it would look so better than the pixelated Playstation 1 Graphics.

This brings me to MGS4, I can't really say much, I liked it, and I didn't. The whole using the menu to do pretty much everything for your weapons made me a little put-off. The fact you had to use it for the black man's market, to buy ammo and get your guns unlocked and what not, you should have had to go to him, more realism. The bosses were good, but a few of them lacked the key ingredient to a game character, especially one who is the players enemy, a few of the bosses didn't have stories to them, I like to have a story about each character in a game, even if it's not human, I guess Konami ran out of ideas.

So, yeah, I can't wait for this to release in the Game stores, I'm aching to see what limited edition content you'll get when you pre-order the game for release. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully they give you the chance to earn trophies and Gamerscore this time, because you couldn't earn any trophies on MGS4.

This whole post raised one question: Have you ever even played a MG game?

And you do play as Snake in Peace Walker.

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Jun 4 2011, 07:31)
This whole post raised one question: Have you ever even played a MG game?

And you do play as Snake in Peace Walker.

I don't see why it raises the question if I've played a Metal Gear game, clearly it states I'm speaking from my opinion, not what everyone's opinion is.

You do? My friends told me that you only play as Raiden, if you're playing as Snake, then I'm hoping that it carries on from the end of MGS4. Maybe it turns out that Snake got a cure on that last hour of his life.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

Peace Walker is a prequel. Takes place between Portable Ops and Metal Gear.

And I don't understand this:
the Ocelot's were all supposed to have a resemblance, but the Ocelot in Snake Eater was more of a bitch. Why would he turn from hating Snake and trying to kill him to liking him before he dies

And this:
I can imagine killing Fox in the icey forest in HD

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

Ahh I see, I liked Portable Ops, so we'll have to see how it turns out to be, Konami haven't let us down yet.

And I don't understand this:
the Ocelot's were all supposed to have a resemblance, but the Ocelot in Snake Eater was more of a bitch. Why would he turn from hating Snake and trying to kill him to liking him before he dies

I put that because each Ocelot is supposed to have some kind of resemblance, as you may have noticed at the end of MGS4, where you're fighting Liquid Snake, his name turns into "Revolver Ocelot", "Ocelot", "Liquid Snake" etcetera. The part about Ocelot beginning to like Snake a little before he dies, if you play the Snake Eater again, and watch the cutscene where the warehouse is burning down, Ocelot helps you get out, he risks his life for Snake.

And this:
I can imagine killing Fox in the icey forest in HD

I guess I made a mistake their, what I meant was the Wolf. There was a woman from Fox Hound who turned into a Wolf who you had to kill with a sniper rifle in an Arctic forest. You had to use your thermal scope to your advantage and kill the enemy.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

What the hell... Are you talking about?

EDIT: No, nevermind. I give up.

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:23 AM Edited by LucianoLuchessi, 04 June 2011 - 08:29 AM.

EDIT: If you go onto Google, and look on Wikipedia at "Introduced in Metal Gear" it says Gray Fox. This is the boss who turns into a Fox on GTA IV.

If you've played MGS4, you'd have seen that at the end when you're fighting Liquid hand to hand, he keeps "changing" to the previous Ocelot characters in the game.

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

It's a shame they didn't include MGS1 - I would rather that than MGS 2 & 3 combined (though they are still great).

Konami is also bringing out a Silent Hill Collection, HD remastered Silent Hill 2 & 3!

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Hart @ Jun 4 2011, 08:30)
Konami is also bringing out a Silent Hill Collection, HD remastered Silent Hill 2 & 3!

It's a shame they didn't include MGS1 - I would rather that than MGS 2 & 3 combined

Yeah, I agree, it's a real shame, MGS1 was the best in the collection of Metal Gear Solid in my opinion. Suppose it would have taken a while to remaster though, seen as though it's Playstation 1.

Holy crap, I used to play Silent Hill 2 all the time. Konami are doing some good remasters!

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (LucianoLuchessi @ Jun 4 2011, 08:23)
If you go onto Google, and look on Wikipedia at "Introduced in Metal Gear" it says Gray Fox. This is the boss who turns into a Fox on GTA IV.

OK I agree w/ arexi here, What the hell are you talking about?!

LucianoLuchessi
  • LucianoLuchessi

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:01 AM Edited by LucianoLuchessi, 04 June 2011 - 09:03 AM.

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Jun 4 2011, 08:54)
QUOTE (LucianoLuchessi @ Jun 4 2011, 08:23)
If you go onto Google, and look on Wikipedia at "Introduced in Metal Gear" it says Gray Fox. This is the boss who turns into a Fox on GTA IV.

I was right the first time, Wolf.

OK I agree w/ arexi here, What the hell are you talking about?!

I was right the first time, Wolf.

This one! - user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users