Photo

[REL|VC] Maxo's Vehicle Loader

2,071 replies to this topic
ken rosenberg1234
  • ken rosenberg1234

Trust me, i am lawyer

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (ken rosenberg1234 @ Monday, Apr 8 2013, 21:54)
QUOTE (Junior123456789 @ Sunday, Apr 7 2013, 18:38)
Vehicles work because they have the same object / dummies names for parts ex door. Peds would need to edit their bones to VC ones because SA has extra bones for mouth, etc...

If thats the case then could it be possible to add Extra bones anim for vc?

No, because it's in the engine. Number/ name of bones, etc... So, if a bone is missing on a character, the game will crash. Same if there is a extra one.

Than how about just Vice city modules instead Of Gta Sa?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

I don't think we can really comment on what is possible and what is not, Maxo has shown us things that we would not have even thought possible so perhaps wait for him to weigh in on the discussion before ruling anything out completely.

deathproofdodgefan
  • deathproofdodgefan

<<<mad-dog666>>>

• Members

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

How about add the ability to spawn in certain places maps, the type of parked cars?
Enter XYZ coordinates in the MVL file...

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (deathproofdodgefan @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 19:25)
How about add the ability to spawn in certain places maps, the type of parked cars?

Sure, MVL car generators would be convenient ;P I keep up the idea icon14.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

The problem is, maxo's been absent since ages.

fluffyheretic
  • fluffyheretic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

Getting a crash with this mod every time I open the menu. Tried toggling some options in globalm.xml but I haven't gotten anything to work. Messagelog doesn't seem much help either:

----- MVL version 0.98b final, compiled on Mon Jan 7 03:04:05 2013 -----
MSG: Couldn't load python interpreter.
MSG: Global misc XML file detected - loading it.
MSG: Global vehicle XML file detected - loading it.
MSG: Successfully loaded weapon 103 from file mvl\weapons\w103_spikes.7z
MSG: Successfully loaded weapon pickup XML file.
MSG: 2 pickups registered, now creating them.
MSG: Ped head model index set to 8.

Should I try installing Python?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

Try running this version.
http://maxorator.com/v/vehmod_bh2.7z

fluffyheretic
  • fluffyheretic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Apr 29 2013, 00:02)
Try running this version.

Did not help unfortunately. confused.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Apr 26 2013, 14:40)
The problem is, maxo's been absent since ages.

First of all, sorry to be absent for so long. I'm back, at least for a while.

QUOTE (pedrito3 @ Mar 30 2013, 19:34)
QUOTE (Bondergomme @ Sunday, Mar 17 2013, 04:28)
when the Office scene start (in game) the script lags and the cut scene just stop... the game still run, but nothing happen.

MVL was working fine for me, until I tried to complete a mission, but the cutscene would just stop at some point (just like Bondergomme described). I reinstalled VC and deleted user files, and now I have the same problem, but in the office cutscene in the beggining (just lke Bondergomme). I've tried changing everything. I've deleted all the vehicles and weapons, I've changed everything in globalm and globalv, but I always face this error. The only way to get past the cutscene is by deleting vehmod.flt (uninstalling MLV). One thing that I've noticed is that if I don't have limits in globalm, the game will just stop in the cutscene and absolutely nothing will happen (eventually I have to close the game using the task manager). However, when I use the limits from the sample globalm, the cutscene stops, but, if I alt-tab to desktop and then to the game, it will stop working and a new window will pop up with an unhandled exception and an errorlog will be generated.
Errorlog:
http://justpaste.it/2ap0
Unhandled Exception:
user posted image

This is the one I use: http://maxorator.com/v/vehmod_bh3.7z (I'm not entirely sure if it's different from the "bh2" version, but you should try it first).

Does this also happen on a clean VC? If not, maybe you can try to test which other modification can cause this.
Which cutscenes does it happen with? Does it also happen with the cutscene you get from starting a new game? If it doesn't happen in every cutscene, can you send me a savegame before a mission which has a cutscene that causes this.
Since you've tried everything in globalm, you've made sure it's not caused by using windowed mode, right?

QUOTE (ken rosenberg1234 @ Apr 3 2013, 00:35)
Hey Maxo Is it Possible for MVL Skins?
Kinda like putting the Skin Dff And TXD from Sa and A XML.
would it be able to work?

Basically yes, but it'd take a bit of work.

QUOTE (MW_29 @ Apr 25 2013, 20:58)
QUOTE (deathproofdodgefan @ Thursday, Apr 25 2013, 19:25)

Sure, MVL car generators would be convenient ;P I keep up the idea icon14.gif

Good idea indeed.

QUOTE (fluffyheretic @ Apr 29 2013, 02:42)
Getting a crash with this mod every time I open the menu. Tried toggling some options in globalm.xml but I haven't gotten anything to work. Messagelog doesn't seem much help either:

----- MVL version 0.98b final, compiled on Mon Jan  7 03:04:05 2013 -----
MSG: Couldn't load python interpreter.
MSG: Global misc XML file detected - loading it.
MSG: Global vehicle XML file detected - loading it.
MSG: Successfully loaded weapon 103 from file mvl\weapons\w103_spikes.7z
MSG: Successfully loaded weapon pickup XML file.
MSG: 2 pickups registered, now creating them.
MSG: Ped head model index set to 8.

Should I try installing Python?

How about the "errorlog.txt". Is such a file generated? If yes, can you post it on pastebin and then link it?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 06 May 2013 - 08:16 PM.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:21)

Hooray turn.gif
What about save games bug? I had a issue a while back, when after saving attempt game crashed and erased that save at all.
messagelog
errorlog

The crash happens right after passing the mission if i call 0x61D8B0 function, but if i wait some time(~2 minutes), it could save the game normally.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Good to see you back again Maxo, will you continue to develop and update MVL or are you planning on calling it quits? (It has been a while now)

There is still a few things that would be good to see implemented.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ May 6 2013, 20:04)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Monday, May 6 2013, 23:21)

Hooray turn.gif
What about save games bug? I had a issue a while back, when after saving attempt game crashed and erased that save at all.
messagelog
errorlog

The crash happens right after passing the mission if i call 0x61D8B0 function, but if i wait some time(~2 minutes), it could save the game normally.

If you can list/post the scripts/mods you use for this, I could test this myself. Couldn't really tell what the root cause could be from the error log.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ May 7 2013, 08:03)
Good to see you back again Maxo, will you continue to develop and update MVL or are you planning on calling it quits? (It has been a while now)

Quits? Hell no! Even if I'm not actively working on it all the time, it's a nice thing to fiddle with once in a while. I can't promise I'll work on it regularly, but I'll always be back eventually. smile.gif

The only reason why I would ever call quits on a project like this would be if the code became such a mess that I couldn't bear to look at it and don't want to rewrite the whole thing. Luckily that's not the case with MVL, I've been refactoring it along the way, so it's quite easy to work with.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:30 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 07 May 2013 - 01:27 PM.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 15:01)
If you can list/post the scripts/mods you use for this, I could test this myself. Couldn't really tell what the root cause could be from the error log.

Sure. It's a cleo scripts:
vcautosave src | vcautosave.cs
and
vcquicksave src | vcquicksave.cs
Quick save is triggering by F5, works fine after game loading, but after completing the mission, with both scripts autosave will crash the game, or with only quicksave the crash will occur after pressing F5.

I tested it and i can tell you for sure the opcode 05E1: call 0x61D8B0 num_params 1 pop 0 0 is causing this. These scripts worked fine couple of test builds ago.

PS. globalm.xml

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:01)

Does MVL mess with CObject's at all?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by maxorator, 07 May 2013 - 02:24 PM.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:22)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 13:01)

Does MVL mess with CObject's at all?

Looked the error log over again.

This is actually related to texture dictionary IDs. Since I made them unsigned to increase the limit from 32767 to 65536, what used to be -1 is now 65535. It seems that -1 was used sometimes, yet all the functions assumed the IDs were valid. -1 working in the first place is probably just a coincidence, since it doesn't seem they actually checked for that anywhere.

Should be fixable by adding checking for -1 (and 65535).

Edit: Test with model + txd + col limit total under 32k to confirm.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 18:12)
Edit: Test with model + txd + col limit total under 32k to confirm.

Yeah, looks like it doesn't crashes with these values.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 22:01)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ May 7 2013, 08:03)

Quits? Hell no! Even if I'm not actively working on it all the time, it's a nice thing to fiddle with once in a while. I can't promise I'll work on it regularly, but I'll always be back eventually. smile.gif

The only reason why I would ever call quits on a project like this would be if the code became such a mess that I couldn't bear to look at it and don't want to rewrite the whole thing. Luckily that's not the case with MVL, I've been refactoring it along the way, so it's quite easy to work with.

Thats great to know, in MVL Bh2 I and some others have noticed that the Hotkeys for spawning dont work anymore even if you have set them to on in the XML file, I am wondering if you know of this yet or have addressed it?

Also can you get the MVL Vehicles to spawn like we have with the weapons???

I'm also hoping that the official 0.98c is released soon as it seems many people dont use the development builds and have issues with 0.98b, that have been solved in the dev builds.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Ok, I know I already ask for it (with negative result) but anyway : Maxo, can you, maybe, make a basic III version of MVL please?
You aren't forced to make it BTW
And if you make it, its not only for me or because of me .
If I'm clear like that its because SOME people doesn't understand the last time.

And I don't think its would be that hard to make it. Since III and VC are really similar (in the code) and I heard that its take you 4-5 days to code the basic of MVL ( but i'm maybe wrong )

But anyway... Glad to see you again.

And no theNGclan, I can't make it by myself. Its impossible for me and I swear I try.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Bondergomme @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 14:26)
Ok, I know I already ask for it (with negative result) but anyway : Maxo, can you, maybe, make a basic III version of MVL please?
You aren't forced to make it BTW
And if you make it, its not only for me or because of me .
If I'm clear like that its because SOME people doesn't understand the last time.

And I don't think its would be that hard to make it. Since III and VC are really similar (in the code) and I heard that its take you 4-5 days to code the basic of MVL ( but i'm maybe wrong )

But anyway... Glad to see you again.

And no theNGclan, I can't make it by myself. Its impossible for me and I swear I try.

Can I just say that If you have asked for it previously and are not going to force him to do it, why do you keep asking for it, if there was no result in the past it is because he did not want to do it, and if it still is not done it is down to the same reason.

You have said the same thing time and time again and yet keep asking, when he is ready to make it for III or SA it will be done then, until then you are just stuck with the Vice version like the rest of us.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I found another bug with Vice Cry plants.
bh2: user posted image

bh3: user posted image

It's probably somehow related to txd limit, because not all plants have white textures. Besides they are fine with the previous build, so "bh3" is different from the "bh2".

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Can I just say that If you have asked for it previously and are not going to force him to do it, why do you keep asking for it, if there was no result in the past it is because he did not want to do it, and if it still is not done it is down to the same reason.

If they was no result in the past is because he was absent of the forum when I ask for a III version.Also, If they was no result in the past doesn't mean he did not want to do it. Maxo never say that he doesn't want making a III version.
And ok, I stop asking for it.

You have said the same thing time and time again and yet keep asking, when he is ready to make it for III or SA it will be done then, until then you are just stuck with the Vice version like the rest of us.

I never ask it for the same reason! Also, 'stuck with the Vice version'? I already say that my VC didn't work well with mods. ( thank Window 8 ).

But anyway, we will never know if Maxo would want to make a III version, unless he actually give a official answer.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

Using MVL with GTA: LC is pretty much the same (but better) what III MVL would give you.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 16:36)
Using MVL with GTA: LC is pretty much the same (but better) what III MVL would give you.

If only my VC work...

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 21:36)

Have to admit though, LC gets quite unstable with MVL running in the background... Especially during the missions, I've been experiencing random crashes all the time.

It's been a while since I checked for updates, good work Max! icon14.gif

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:46 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 17 May 2013 - 09:02 PM.

I've got some more info about the bug with game saving(yes, i still have it on some missions, saves still corrupting)
To auto/quick save scripts i added additional check, which is prevents calling save function if current mission thread still exist(05ED: 10@ = thread 'ASSIN2' pointer, but instead of ASSIN2 that opcode have latest mission GXT)
After finishing some missions, like ASSIN2(Waste the Wife), opcode 05ED: still returns some value, but normally it shouldn't, because this thread should be terminated with end_thread opcode in main.scm.

Screen:
user posted image
Mission actor and boat doesn't disappear after i finished mission Stunt Boat Challenge.

Bingo13
  • Bingo13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

i have pasted the mvl folder in gta vice city folder and pasted vehmod.flt in mss folder of gta vice city.when i runs gta vice city, a small vice city appears with a menu and options of load vehicles etc.when i turned the mouse and click it, nothing appears.what can i do, HELP!

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ May 17 2013, 19:46)
I've got some more info about the bug with game saving(yes, i still have it on some missions, saves still corrupting)
To auto/quick save scripts i added additional check, which is prevents calling save function if current mission thread still exist(05ED: 10@ = thread 'ASSIN2' pointer, but instead of ASSIN2 that opcode have latest mission GXT)
After finishing some missions, like ASSIN2(Waste the Wife), opcode 05ED: still returns some value, but normally it shouldn't, because this thread should be terminated with end_thread opcode in main.scm.

Screen:
user posted image 
Mission actor and boat doesn't disappear after i finished mission Stunt Boat Challenge.

I'll take a look. Can you make a save before a relatively short mission which makes it easy to notice if it's fixed or not? So I could test.

QUOTE (Bingo13 @ May 17 2013, 21:25)
i have pasted the mvl folder in gta vice city folder and pasted vehmod.flt in mss folder of gta vice city.when i runs gta vice city, a small vice city appears with a menu and options of load vehicles etc.when i turned the mouse and click it, nothing appears.what can i do, HELP!

Probably because you haven't installed any vehicles. VC's standard vehicles won't appear on that list, so if you haven't added any vehicles to the vehicles folder, the vehicle list is empty and nothing will happen when you click on the menu button.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 01:29)
I'll take a look. Can you make a save before a relatively short mission which makes it easy to notice if it's fixed or not? So I could test.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ukdjhf
Save before Riot mission, it's pretty short i think.

Also something i noticed about white textures on ViceCry plants. This is how it looks if i drive from east island to west:
user posted image
But if i load savegame already on west island, they're fine:
user posted image
Never had this without MVL.

And i've got this error occasionally, can you take a look? http://pastebin.com/xPimZL7H

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 10:22)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 01:29)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ukdjhf
Save before Riot mission, it's pretty short i think.

Also something i noticed about white textures on ViceCry plants. This is how it looks if i drive from east island to west:
user posted image
But if i load savegame already on west island, they're fine:
user posted image
Never had this without MVL.

And i've got this error occasionally, can you take a look? http://pastebin.com/xPimZL7H

I have experienced that Texture issue before on Vice City, and this was happening long before MVL was even around, I could never figure out why it happened but I stopped it happening in the end (It was with some of the models on GTA Most Modded when I was mapping, Some of the textures were fine then after changing islands they were messed up, So I removed the Changing Islands Things and now it never happens)

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 06:49)
So I removed the Changing Islands Things and now it never happens

Can you tell how to do that?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users