Photo

Maxo's Vehicle Loader

2,048 replies to this topic
MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was thinking recently about possible additional features for MVL mod. So let's be clear, originally mod was meant to load additional cars ...and right now we have even ability to add weapons and even weapons on cars, bulletholes and even increase game engine limits. I mean, that IS huuuge improvement since first release. But let me ask about one thing. Do you remember VC:Traffic mod by AK-73? ...Basically who is not angry when on example some cool car i passing you by , then you just turn around and after you turn back, the car is gone, vannished, null, it just dissappear... so my question is that, ...CAN FEATURES AS IN VC:TRAFFIC MOD BE IMPLEMENTED INTO MVL?

Generally those listed below:

• increase dissappearing distances of vehicles (i would like to have ability to drive to next street and then go back to previous and the car i've met there before is still there!)
  • increase / modify amount of cars/peds on the streets
  • increase dissappearing distances of peds

...And before someone will say that i can use mentioned VC:Traffic mod, ...well sure, i can and i would (in fact i uded it for some time) but there is a critical bug in it, in efect game always crashes near stadium entrance and i am sure it is not related to any other mods, i double ..triple checked and i am sure VC:Traffic causes it, Author of this mod seems to be inactive for years. Thats why i don't want to rely on hoping about VC:traffic next release cuz surely there will not be any. But here in case of MVL things are getting better and further development goes consequently, so Maxo, is there a possibility to add such things which i mentioned to MVL?

m107sniper
  • m107sniper

When I drive, someone's gonna die. (I drive like crap)

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 3 days ago

What does "Generate vehicle XMLs" do ? 

Does it create the xml for the vehicle I'm currently riding or what?

And, if it does, where can I find that xml ?

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 20 hours ago

is there any short way to install mvl :/

Ridd1cK
  • Ridd1cK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 hours ago

is there any short way to install mvl :/

eeeee
just drag and drop folders from archive to the Vice City installation folder

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 19 hours ago Edited by markusizr, 18 hours ago.

thanks but i want only add cars but which version is best and which file i need to put cars can i add to imgtool for example and the game will work or not

ProngCZ
  • ProngCZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 5 hours ago

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with MVL - whenever I add new modded cars for SA into VC their lights seem to be corrupted (for example the background colour of the front-left light is blue, b.c. colour of front-right is yellow). The rear lights are bugged too. Quite suprisingly this problem occured not a long ago. These SA cars used to be ok but after some time their lights got corrupted, so I tried to reinstal the game and put MVL into the clean verson but that did not help either... I'd be very thankful if somebody helped me :-)

Here's an example http://imgur.com/5VHyW4e

and another one http://imgur.com/uWCpA1p

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

._.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 hours ago

Hello everyone,

I have a strange problem with MVL - whenever I add new modded cars for SA into VC their lights seem to be corrupted (for example the background colour of the front-left light is blue, b.c. colour of front-right is yellow). The rear lights are bugged too. Quite suprisingly this problem occured not a long ago. These SA cars used to be ok but after some time their lights got corrupted, so I tried to reinstal the game and put MVL into the clean verson but that did not help either... I'd be very thankful if somebody helped me :-)

You need a sa_texture.txd file for it.

MW_29
  • MW_29

i came to play

• Members

Posted 4 hours ago Edited by MW_29, 43 minutes ago.

Hello everyone,

In fact this results from that in SA vehicles are allowed to have more lights than in VC, and it is a little differently handled than VC because 3d model in SA dff format has set some different materials for each light (for some polygons actually which are cars light parts) so the game engine knows that it's actually a light of a car and that is later used to "light-up" those specific polygons (using a lighten up textures from vehicles.txd while night time - the "vehiclelightson128" texture). In VC models have only head/rearlight dummies and no special materials are needed. When You use SA vehicles in MVL You just get those materials visible ingame. I don't know maybe Maxo can do something with MVL to automatically manage it when using SA type .dffs, it would be handy indeed... 

To get rid of those colors on vehicle lights, You would need to mess a little with model in some 3d modeler, i recommend 3dsmax. OR do a little trick with some hexeditor, i did it few times and result satisfied me. And the way to do this is to find those HEX color values of those materials in model file and change them to lets say some gray color value. WARNING! Be careful when doing it, because You can mess up Your car model, i mean it's a risky method.

Open with some good HEX editor your vehicle .dff model file and find those HEX values which i posted below:

255 175 0 	gold		FF AF 00
0 255 200 	turquise	00 FF C8
185 255 0 	lime		B9 FF 00 
255 60 0 	orange		FF 3C 00

All four hexadecimals are values of SA materials for lights in SA format .dff model (i posted also RBG values). So search for "FF AF 00" and change it to on example "BA BA BA" which is approx light gray color, and repeat this step with all four vals successively. You will not reach cutting-edge wonderful result but at least Your vehicle lights will look a much better with gray material than with those lime/turquise one. Good luck!

...or if it's just a matter of having sa_vehicle.txd as Jeansowaty said, then i apologize for so long post, i used above method a long time ago, and didn't know that MVL handles this thing already ;)

ProngCZ
  • ProngCZ

Player Hater

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 hours ago

Wow, thank you guys for your quick response :-) Sorry, I´m such a noob at modding games I´m a little bit confused with that 'sa_vehicle.txd' part :D Where can I get it (I suppose original SA but I dont know) and where should I put it? Otherwise I´ll try HEX editor method. Anyway thanks both of you again.

Cheers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users