Maxo's Vehicle Loader

2,069 replies to this topic
ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 20:30)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 06:49)
So I removed the Changing Islands Things and now it never happens

Can you tell how to do that?

Sure thing, you open "Map.ZON" which is in the 'Data' Folder, using Notepad replace all it contents with the text below.

CODE
zone
end

Save, Simple and Complete.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:59 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 18 May 2013 - 08:48 PM.

Something not right anyway, if i load save on west island, drive to that place from VC's stadium, they're still white. I can save there, load that save and plants are fine. notify.gif

UPD. I figured it's somehow depends on img organizer, sorry for inconvenience, i'll try to look at that issue myself.

UPD2: Another save-related crash: http://pastebin.com/dHQ24Xm9

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

@Maxo, I have another suggestion of something to add to MVL for Vice, In San Andreas when you try to enter a vehicle you pull the current occupant and will enter the vehicle unless you start pressing the move keys or try to fire a weapon in which case you just pull the out the car and dont get in, With Vice you just hop in the car, perhaps this could be ported or recreated for Vice, I know Ped's and Police can rip you out the car without getting in it so perhaps the code is already existent and just need modifying for the player.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Hey, just a suggestion, does MVL mess with CAutomobile::IsOpenTopCar? It could be an useful option to be able to expand this 'convertibles with hardtop as extra' list.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

Happy birthday GTA V and me!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 02:36)
@Maxo, I have another suggestion of something to add to MVL for Vice, In San Andreas when you try to enter a vehicle you pull the current occupant and will enter the vehicle unless you start pressing the move keys or try to fire a weapon in which case you just pull the out the car and dont get in, With Vice you just hop in the car, perhaps this could be ported or recreated for Vice, I know Ped's and Police can rip you out the car without getting in it so perhaps the code is already existent and just need modifying for the player.

(If i am correct) You can do that for some cars in vice city like the infernus.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Just dropping by to say that I have some more problem with this mod.

For the longest time it was working fine, but I recently had to re install my game and all the mods I have. However MVL doesn't want to load, it crashes upon getting to the main menu, I take the mod out and it works fine. I tried this on a clean install too and the same thing happens.

I can't think why it doesn't want to work any more, I've been using this mod for ages now and still want to keep with it but for some reason I get a problem out of the blue and I don't know what's different to be making it do this.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Might be an executable problem?

Are you using the same gtavc.exe as before?

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Yep, I only have one CD version of the game and the Steam version. It happens on both.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 12:15)
Yep, I only have one CD version of the game and the Steam version. It happens on both.

Does it at least create an Error Log or Message Log, if so it might have some insight as to why it happens.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by Xegethra, 18 June 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Oh right, error logs, I forgot about those.

I think it was the error log causing the problem in the first place. My back up of the mod had an old error log with it and upon re installing the mod I noticed I had put the error log in with the mod....I had not noticed before. So I deleted the old error log and it all works.

Unfortunately there is no new error log with my current install as after a few attempts I had gotten rid of the mod along with all the files save for my back up. So the only error log is this old one

I don't know if this old log can tell you anything. Your post reminded me of error logs, had I remembered them in general I would have kept the new log. Although I don't know why an old error log would make my game crash.

https://www.yousendi...hbEo1bmkwYjhUQw

*Edit*

Ok, it started crashing again, in the same way. And this time here is the up to date error log. I think my first foray into making a custom car is to blame, although can't see how that would break the mod...especially as I have removed the car. I can see why the mod wouldn't load a faulty vehicle and crash...but not when it is no longer there.

https://www.yousendi...zR3NBNkUxZXNUQw

*Edit Edit*

Ack, my first attempt mod car isn't to blame after all....I think it has to do with resolution. Ok so I have the mod set to windowed mode so I can access the menu to spawn cars, so I put my mod car in the game and I noticed that I can't spawn it...something is wrong (not in the menu list). I realise I might not have put the texture file in (accidentally putting in the png file instead) so I go to fix this and I do. Put the car back into the game. This is where I don't think it's my car causing problems.

The mod/game, has all of a sudden decided to make the window in windowed mode huge...so big that the menu is off screen limits. In full screen mode I use the maximum resolution I can get, 1920 by 1080. And in windowed mode this is far too big...so I always decrease the resolution so I can see the window properly. (it's odd, I didn't change the resolution to make it go so big..it just did it, the window was perfect size before).

The resolution 1440 X 960 which I was currently using for windowed (and full screen after I got a new graphics card..yeah 1920 weren't there anymore) the screen was huge like I mentioned before. So I quit the game, reload and go to change the resolution to 1364 x 768 which is what I did use for windowed mode before I changed my card. Anyway the game spazzes out and crashes on me. So I load up again and nope...crash, and crash, and crash even without my car anymore.

So I decide to take out the mod and remove the Vehmod.flt and hey, my game loads in the low resolution of 1364 x 768. But I notice that there is no 1440 x 960 anymore at all, and I have my 1920 x 1080 back again!

It appears the mod didn't like my resolution change, and whenever I put it back in it still crashes on all resolutions but 1920 x 1080...which is ok that it works...but not ok that it only works on that resolution....it is too big and I can't access the menu to spawn my car (The mod will load with it..but I can't see how much it works).

So I find that a bit odd....my resolutions were screwed up, then got more screwed up and went back to normal.....but the mod doesn't like the smaller resolutions.

*Edit Again*

Yep, it seems to be really picky about what resolution I use, and on the ones it does work on, it'll only work on sometimes. Here is the latest latest errorlog

https://www.yousendi...rZDUwMEZqQThUQw

*Edit even more*

OK, I figured it out eventually. I notice that 1440 resolution will show up sometimes....so I load the game up, Vehicle Loader free, change the resolution to 1440 x 900 then quit the game. Load up the mod and then load up the game. I was right the first time, it's not full screen..just a big window. So I change resolution back to 1364 and WINDOW!!!! I can use mod perfectly. However when I quit the game, I HAVE to take out the mod and change back to 1440 x 900 or it will crash if I load up right away. I have to do it EXACTLY like this or It'll crash.

This only applies if I want it for windowed mode though, having it in full screen it will load up in all resolutions with no problems. But with windowed mode, it HAS to be this way. A bit of hassle but it works, although I don't know why I have to do it this way...I just know that I do

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (SomeGuy86 @ Thursday, May 9 2013, 14:02)
QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, May 8 2013, 21:36)
Using MVL with GTA: LC is pretty much the same (but better) what III MVL would give you.

Have to admit though, LC gets quite unstable with MVL running in the background... Especially during the missions, I've been experiencing random crashes all the time.

It's been a while since I checked for updates, good work Max! icon14.gif

I am looking into making GTA:LC more friendly with MVL and CLEO. I think one of the biggest issues was our $PLAYER_CHAR and $PLAYER_ACTOR was defined at a different memory location than VC. I think I've fixed that and will see if I can make it more stable.

If there's anything that we need to do to fix LC so it works as well as VC does, just let me (or Silent) know and we'll try to get it fixed for the next release.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

I've been playing GTA:LC with MVL for a while now (primarily to use a windowed-mode) and I've been getting regular crashes. The one that comes up most commonly is this one (it has happened 8 times so far). All of the registers except ECX have been the same each time I get a crash at this address:
CODE
Exception at address: 0x00579AEE
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 opcode_0001
In thread:            rctrig

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00000010 EBX: 0x0018FABC ECX: variable   EDX: 0x00000004
ESI: 0x00978A10 EDI: 0x00000000 EBP: 0x0075CA74 ESP: 0x0018FA94
EFLAGS: 1000010000001000000010

I've had other crashes (0x006090C8 being the other most common) but the one I listed seems to be related to MVL in GTA:LC.

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I have an idea for a long time but i think it is impossible to do:

{VCMP MVL}

it's mp with mvl, In every server there will mvl features like added cars, weapons, player shadows...etc
when you enter the server for the first time, it will download things you haven't got and the files will be on a folder called the ip for the server you entered just like Counter strike, TF2 where you download the map, weapons, player models....etc
also the vcmp check if there is you new updates.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

All your gold are belong to us.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (ToyGT_one @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 10:55)

{VCMP MVL}

it's mp with mvl, In every server there will mvl features like added cars, weapons, player shadows...etc
when you enter the server for the first time, it will download things you haven't got and the files will be on a folder called the ip for the server you entered just like Counter strike, TF2 where you download the map, weapons, player models....etc

This would require VCMP to be rewritten. Infact, most VC players don't even use MVL, so it'd be sort of hard to get it to work off the bat. If anything, Vice Unleashed (unreleased at the moment) could do file transfer protocol.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

Is somebody have problem with this mod on Window 8? I still try to make this thing work and I think Winbone 8 is the problem

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

• Feroci Racing
  • Australia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Bondergomme @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 15:43)
Is somebody have problem with this mod on Window 8? I still try to make this thing work and I think Winbone 8 is the problem

I do have it working on Windows 8, but it should be noted that I have my Vice City installed on a completely separate HDD to where Windows is installed so no files will be marked as Read-Only and I won't need all the admin privileges crap Windows 8 now makes you need for anything.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

Bumpity bump, any news about the mod, maxo? tounge.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Jul 3 2013, 14:43)
I've been playing GTA:LC with MVL for a while now (primarily to use a windowed-mode) and I've been getting regular crashes. The one that comes up most commonly is this one (it has happened 8 times so far). All of the registers except ECX have been the same each time I get a crash at this address:
CODE
Exception at address: 0x00579AEE
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 opcode_0001
In thread:            rctrig

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00000010 EBX: 0x0018FABC ECX: variable   EDX: 0x00000004
ESI: 0x00978A10 EDI: 0x00000000 EBP: 0x0075CA74 ESP: 0x0018FA94
EFLAGS: 1000010000001000000010

I've had other crashes (0x006090C8 being the other most common) but the one I listed seems to be related to MVL in GTA:LC.

I will take a look at these crashes at some later time, leaving for several days at the moment. Perhaps you could also send the errorlog.txt from MVL itself (might have to disable your own exception handler for that).

0x6090C8 comes from scm_is_passenger_seat_free, but I don't know why exactly, just gave it a quick look.

QUOTE (theNGclan @ Jul 19 2013, 18:09)
QUOTE (ToyGT_one @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 10:55)

{VCMP MVL}

This would require VCMP to be rewritten. Infact, most VC players don't even use MVL, so it'd be sort of hard to get it to work off the bat. If anything, Vice Unleashed (unreleased at the moment) could do file transfer protocol.

It's not entirely impossible, but is an insane amount of work.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Aug 3 2013, 01:03)
Bumpity bump, any news about the mod, maxo? tounge.gif

A little. Steam version of the latest build: http://maxorator.com...ehmodsteamx1.7z

You can probably expect separate Steam versions of all future releases.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Oh damn, just too cool. Amazing icon14.gif

ToyGT_one
  • ToyGT_one

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 07:12)
leaving for several days at the moment.

Take your time, maxo. look after yourself

anyway it looks that the mod is no longer for 1.0 exe only but also for steam version (i don't have the steam version).

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

Can I have a question regarding the code? I am VERY curious if your mod makes any use of STL containers? I would guess using lists/forward lists instead of CStore template classes be a good idea to remove limitations, what MVL does.

Or perhaps it's not safe to reference to a list/forward list entry by pointer?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Saturday, Aug 3 2013, 20:56)
Can I have a question regarding the code? I am VERY curious if your mod makes any use of STL containers? I would guess using lists/forward lists instead of CStore template classes be a good idea to remove limitations, what MVL does.

Or perhaps it's not safe to reference to a list/forward list entry by pointer?

Not much really. I use std::map to keep track of game entities, rw objects, animations and might use std::vector for a very few other things. I don't really ever put actual complex objects directly into containers, usually only pointers or integers, since I don't like the idea of an object pointer becoming invalid because it was in a container which did realloc.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

I see. It makes more sense to create a custom singly-linked list for stuff like CVehicleModelInfo anyway.

Anyway, any feedback on my CAutomobile::IsOpenTopCar suggestion? I'm sure people would appreciate the possibility to add hardtops as extras and make them work properly (so Tommy doesn't jump into a convertible with extra hardtop).

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 16:43)
I see. It makes more sense to create a custom singly-linked list for stuff like CVehicleModelInfo anyway.

Anyway, any feedback on my CAutomobile::IsOpenTopCar suggestion? I'm sure people would appreciate the possibility to add hardtops as extras and make them work properly (so Tommy doesn't jump into a convertible with extra hardtop).

Can't check the code VC code at the moment, but isn't it controlled by a handling flag though?

boomshowdown
  • boomshowdown

boomshowdown

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

Hey any modder is there to help me and make MVL FILES
OH!! I AM MAKING 7z file with XML GENERATOR THEN ALSO MY 7z File is Not Loading INgame why sad.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (boomshowdown @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 17:33)
Hey any modder is there to help me and make MVL FILES
OH!! I AM MAKING 7z file with XML GENERATOR THEN ALSO MY 7z File is Not Loading INgame why sad.gif

Can you copy the contents of your mvl/messagelog.txt file?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

@maxorator - are you gonna fix <models> and <texdicts> limits sections afterall? smile.gif

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by SilentPL, 04 August 2013 - 08:13 PM.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 16:32)
Can't check the code VC code at the moment, but isn't it controlled by a handling flag though?

It is, but it also adds exceptions for Stallion and Comet, which have (or were supposed to have, in Comet's case) a hardtop as an extra.
Without editing this func, when user installs a convertible with extra hardtop as a MVL vehicle, Tommy will still jump into the car evne when hardtop is present.

EDIT:
It's not controlled by the flag in VC. This function checks for Stinger, Comet and Stallion.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 23:09)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Aug 4 2013, 16:32)

It is, but it also adds exceptions for Stallion and Comet, which have (or were supposed to have, in Comet's case) a hardtop as an extra.
Without editing this func, when user installs a convertible with extra hardtop as a MVL vehicle, Tommy will still jump into the car evne when hardtop is present.

EDIT:
It's not controlled by the flag in VC. This function checks for Stinger, Comet and Stallion.

So I guess I should edit the function to check the handling flag. That's doable.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, SA does that and it works fine.

But something as hardtopextra should be present too so the check returns false on that vehicle when it has an extra equipped - again, SA does that (VC does too, just without the handling flag).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users