Maxo's Vehicle Loader

2,048 replies to this topic
maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Jun 7 2011, 12:46)
Would the coding not be different being completely different since they are, well, different games.

They ain't that different, I've recompiled CLEO mods for both games, the main differences were that SA had more opcodes than Vice City. The point is to see the mechanism behind the SA police bike, and try to implement it in VC.

Opcodes don't have much to do with how the engine works though. But didn't the police bikes already work?

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

He's talking about the pathfinding mechanics of SA police officers on bikes, because they follow the player in smaller streets, places where the cop cars wouldn't be able to follow us and other stuff.

And there's one more bug about Police bikes in VC: The first one is the siren stuff not working on them, the second one is that, the cops won't react as fast as cops driving a car, when the players commit a crime... which is iteresting to say the least. Also, I still can't understand why, but the game is freezing on rare occasions when the player gets closer to a bike used by the police. Don't even ask me why that happens, but it's happening.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 7 2011, 17:35)
He's talking about the pathfinding mechanics of SA police officers on bikes, because they follow the player in smaller streets, places where the cop cars wouldn't be able to follow us and other stuff.

And there's one more bug about Police bikes in VC: The first one is the siren stuff not working on them, the second one is that, the cops won't react as fast as cops driving a car, when the players commit a crime... which is iteresting to say the least. Also, I still can't understand why, but the game is freezing on rare occasions when the player gets closer to a bike used by the police. Don't even ask me why that happens, but it's happening.

Could it be related to those vehicles generated by the 4F8h opcode (the ones that come from a side street just as you are moving by) or with roadblocks? Since both ways it's creating the vehicle in a way that should only work for cars. Fixed this already, will soon be releasing.

By the way, I'm writing a new feature that makes it possible to use tuning parts just like in San Andreas, but I need someone to make some test samples for me. I only have one set of test files so I want to have more stuff to test with and compare. The feature is almost ready, just maybe minor details to change. If anyone could help me with that, PM me.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Hmm, what kind of samples do you need? If models, then the best thing would be to use SA tuning parts, converted to vc.

BTW, there's another thing that would be handy, and that's the support for custom car animations... Like when I want to add a bike, I could have it's own IFP included in the 7z archive, and use that, instead of the given bike anim files. That would be cool, because when I'm editing an IFP already included in GTA3.IMG, it affects every single bike which uses the same .ifp.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

I would like to try out this car tuning thing, I have a question about cars in VC, could anyone tell me what controls or makes Vehicles like the Cabbie, Taxi, Bloodrings etc. always have to display an extra, is it a Flag, is it hardcoded, what does it, and could it be added into this mod.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:51 PM

I'll definitely look into the .ifp files.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Jun 7 2011, 23:48)
I would like to try out this car tuning thing, I have a question about cars in VC, could anyone tell me what controls or makes Vehicles like the Cabbie, Taxi, Bloodrings etc. always have to display an extra, is it a Flag, is it hardcoded, what does it, and could it be added into this mod.

Could you elaborate? I don't really see what you mean.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

If I remember right, you can add extras to every car, you just need to name them extra1, extra2 or something like that in their model files. Don't forget that I may be wrong about this.

He's talking about the extra bodyparts of cars. Like the roof of the stallion, which is an extra, and that's why it has a convertible and a hard top version.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

No, What I meant was, when the Taxi Spawns it ALWAYS has a Taxi sign on the roof (The sign is an Extra), The Bloodring's have no roof and one of six is ALWAYS applied when it spawns (The roof is an Extra), I hope you know what I mean now.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:58 PM Edited by maxorator, 08 June 2011 - 12:01 AM.

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 7 2011, 23:53)
If I remember right, you can add extras to every car, you just need to name them extra1, extra2 or something like that in their model files. Don't forget that I may be wrong about this.

He's talking about the extra bodyparts of cars. Like the roof of the stallion, which is an extra, and that's why it has a convertible and a hard top version.

Well yes, I know that there are extra parts, but I think he meant something more.

Anyway, if all goes well, the tuning stuff will be released tomorrow. smile.gif

QUOTE (ALMOST610)
No, What I meant was, when the Taxi Spawns it ALWAYS has a Taxi sign on the roof (The sign is an Extra), The Bloodring's have no roof and one of six is ALWAYS applied when it spawns (The roof is an Extra), I hope you know what I mean now.

I see. Sounds like just some extra code in the executable that is specific to certain vehicles. Will look into it.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

You don't need help with those parts anymore?

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Realy, why only 50 ? Its not hard to remove limit ....

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:18 AM Edited by maxorator, 08 June 2011 - 12:20 AM.

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 00:02)

I only needed a few samples for testing and I got them. Would be nice if you could post vehicles with tuning parts once I release it though. smile.gif
QUOTE (L!mon)
Realy, why only 50 ? Its not hard to remove limit ....

It will be 200 in the next version.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, Jun 7 2011, 21:18)
QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 00:02)

I only needed a few samples for testing and I got them. Would be nice if you could post vehicles with tuning parts once I release it though. smile.gif

I sure will. smile.gif

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:22 AM

How will we add these tuning parts (Random Spawn, Tuning Shed), and if we add for example a Spoiler to the boot, will it fall off with the boot like in San Andreas, or would it stay behind like in VC if you added it as an Extra.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 00:22)
How will we add these tuning parts (Random Spawn, Tuning Shed), and if we add for example a Spoiler to the boot, will it fall off with the boot like in San Andreas, or would it stay behind like in VC if you added it as an Extra.

Since you would be using another boot that includes a spoiler, they will always stay together. Therefore if the boot falls off, so does the spoiler.

Might do a random spawn too, but there are hotkeys for changing the car parts. Might also add SCM opcodes for that so that people can manipulate tuning parts from scripts.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

I vote for those SCM opcodes for sure. smile.gif

Also, what does the comprules line do in the xml files?

As I've seen, the value there is only higher, when a car has extras.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:47 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 06 March 2013 - 04:56 AM.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 10:39)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 00:22)

Since you would be using another boot that includes a spoiler, they will always stay together. Therefore if the boot falls off, so does the spoiler.

Might do a random spawn too, but there are hotkeys for changing the car parts. Might also add SCM opcodes for that so that people can manipulate tuning parts from scripts.

That would be great.

I would love to see this in VC and with added functionality.

user posted image
(Modeled By Me, for Vice City Unbelievable before Ashwin Lost his files and started again)
I might release this building with a script in the future for this mod, so there is somewhere to modify the Cars.

- March 6, 2013 - Image Links Updated to A610 Ucoz

Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

i am waiting for this,

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

^x2

BTW, I'm going to model a tuning shop just for this. biggrin.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:32 PM

The tuning thing still needs some testing, but it seems to work perfectly at the moment. There can be files "tuning1.dff", "tuning2.dff", ..., "tuning9.dff", which can contain replacement parts for the car, as well as parts that don't exist on the original model. One file can't contain a part with the same name more than once, therefore for each different part there can be up to 9 replacements at the moment. These can currently be switched with some hotkeys. Also each new car the game creates chooses random replacement parts for it, so they can all be seen on cars that drive around. smile.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Is there a way to let us test it? smile.gif

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 21:32)
The tuning thing still needs some testing, but it seems to work perfectly at the moment. There can be files "tuning1.dff", "tuning2.dff", ..., "tuning9.dff", which can contain replacement parts for the car, as well as parts that don't exist on the original model. One file can't contain a part with the same name more than once, therefore for each different part there can be up to 9 replacements at the moment. These can currently be switched with some hotkeys. Also each new car the game creates chooses random replacement parts for it, so they can all be seen on cars that drive around. smile.gif

They changing together, or i can choose for example bumer from tuning1.dff and rims from tuning3.dff ?
Is tis possible to cange perfomance of car ? (Different handling)

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 07:32)
Also each new car the game creates chooses random replacement parts for it, so they can all be seen on cars that drive around.

What if a certain part is only designed to be compatible with a certain car eg. Boot's Hood's etc.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (L!mon @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 03:07)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 21:32)

They changing together, or i can choose for example bumer from tuning1.dff and rims from tuning3.dff ?
Is tis possible to cange perfomance of car ? (Different handling)

No, you can change each part separately.

ALMOST610, tuning parts are not global, they're for every car separately anyway.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:20 AM

Will there be examples included in the release so people can figure out how to make them?

kikiboy95
  • kikiboy95

Still Vice!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 10:20)
Will there be examples included in the release so people can figure out how to make them?

It's not that difficult, just modify the parts of the original cars, put it in the tuning dffs and you're done. But you must place them well, keeping the dummies, etc.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:22 AM Edited by frank.s, 09 June 2011 - 10:28 AM.

Awesome tool, any idea when the car tuning version will be released?
When you add cars will tuning parts be attached automatically or can they be un-modded and attach optional parts using scm/cs ?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (frank.s @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 10:22)
Awesome tool, any idea when the car tuning version will be released?
When you add cars will tuning parts be attached automatically or can they be un-modded and attach optional parts using scm/cs ?

Some more testing and it will be released. smile.gif

SCM/Cleo is a bit too primitive for this, but I'm thinking maybe I could build a tuning menu inside my mod and then let it be enabled/disabled from the script.

It won't have any of that in this version though. They can only be changed with hotkeys at the moment.

And yes, random cars on the streets will have random versions of parts attached to them.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

The tuning is awesome!

I didn't find any bugs yet, but there's one small problem which you should try to fix. When I have damaged the IS300, provided with the test, the rear bumper which I selected and applied to the car was damaged too. IMO, it should not be damaged, because if the mod is used for a tuning shop mod, or something like that, I'm sure players won't like to get damaged tuning parts on their cars. smile.gif I know that there's the Pay N spray for a reason, but it would be stupid to go to there first if someone wants to tune his car.

And one question: Will performance tuning be enabled somehow? I mean, is there a way to implement it, or use let's say, three different settings for each car, which could be the stock car handling, and two other handling settings, specified in the XML?

Sorry if I'm getting annoying with my ideas. You are doing a great job mate.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 11:18)
The tuning is awesome!

I didn't find any bugs yet, but there's one small problem which you should try to fix. When I have damaged the IS300, provided with the test, the rear bumper which I selected and applied to the car was damaged too. IMO, it should not be damaged, because if the mod is used for a tuning shop mod, or something like that, I'm sure players won't like to get damaged tuning parts on their cars. smile.gif I know that there's the Pay N spray for a reason, but it would be stupid to go to there first if someone wants to tune his car.

And one question: Will performance tuning be enabled somehow? I mean, is there a way to implement it, or use let's say, three different settings for each car, which could be the stock car handling, and two other handling settings, specified in the XML?

Sorry if I'm getting annoying with my ideas. You are doing a great job mate.

This is not a tuning shop mod per se, there's already enough ways to fix a car. Although, I might add that option to the global XML file (if tuned parts should be fixed).

Changing handling is again a little bit dull, I'd have expected there were other mods for that. If I am going to make a tuning shop menu, I might think about it though.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users