2,044 replies to this topic
NRShaggy
  • NRShaggy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Amazing! I always wanted mod like this. icon14.gif
maxorator, it is possible that mod can work on 1.1 version Vice ?

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

added 6 new cars - and on 7 game start crashing =( .

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 4 2011, 06:56)
Tried out the dodo and it seems to me that it moves at a ridiculous speed when you enter and hit the accelerate button, but if you release the button, the Dodo stops and from that point, you can not make it move again. Interesting.

That's exactly what happens to me too.
I've also noticed another thing: if you put some cars in game, save the game with those cars and then remove one of them and try loading the game again, it will not load.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:35 AM

The limits been really been raised by quite a lot with this mod. I've just been gathering loads of cars I look of and it amounts to about 30, including one boat. Which is nice because I'm always seeing a mash up of different cars driving around and I hardly ever get lumped with only one or two types at a time, I'm always getting much more at a time now. While I see all of them driving around, I never see too much of the same car all the while..variety is alternating a lot, much like a real road

maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:09 AM Edited by maxorator, 05 June 2011 - 07:35 AM.

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Jun 5 2011, 01:35)
The limits been really been raised by quite a lot with this mod. I've just been gathering loads of cars I look of and it amounts to about 30, including one boat. Which is nice because I'm always seeing a mash up of different cars driving around and I hardly ever get lumped with only one or two types at a time, I'm always getting much more at a time now. While I see all of them driving around, I never see too much of the same car all the while..variety is alternating a lot, much like a real road

The game chooses mostly from the vehicles that are already loaded into the memory. With the default vehicles, only some of them are loaded into memory at a time. However, the models of the vehicles loaded with this mod are always in the memory and are never unloaded, causing them to appear more often on the streets. This is not very memory conservative though.

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3)
I've also noticed another thing: if you put some cars in game, save the game with those cars and then remove one of them and try loading the game again, it will not load.

That is very obvious, since the ID of that vehicle might now be unoccupied, making the game crash since it's trying to create a vehicle with that ID.

QUOTE (L!mon)
added 6 new cars - and on 7 game start crashing =( .

Either you're running out of memory or there's something wrong with the 7th vehicle's model.

QUOTE (NRShaggy)
Amazing! I always wanted mod like this. icon14.gif
maxorator, it is possible that mod can work on 1.1 version Vice ?

I don't really see a reason to make it work with 1.1.

QUOTE (L!mon)
Hm, can you make that car will load from folders, not archives, because it VERY BOOOORING to repack archives evry time you chanched one file ?
Exept that - brilliant work !
Hope abilitis like exaust flames and blower(phoenix) will be added soon...

I will add the exhaust flames and the blower. For quick repacking I might actually write some extra application that maybe could create a global hotkey for packing the folder in vehicles directory that has been recently changed as a 7z (also makes the mod load it as a new vehicle).

QUOTE (MasterK)
Just a quick question: I've downloaded a modified PCJ 600 Police Bike and it would be cool to let the police use that bike as their vehicle too. My question is: Is there a way to add this vehicle as a usable one, without deleting the existing police vehicles? Biker cops in VC would be epic! smile.gif

I'm not really sure the game AI can handle a biker cop, but if it can, it will definitely be possible to do this.

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3)
I've converted SA police bike, but I can't even make its siren work. It even has the police radio but siren doesn't work.
As for making cops use it, I think it would have to be done by script.

I am planning to add an extra flag that could make a vehicle be used by the police. Then the game would choose which vehicle the police uses by random. Same for other law enforcement vehicles, ambulance, firetruck and taxis. I am also planning to make a global settings file for specifying which default vehicles should not appear in the game - to make it easy for TC mods to actually create a new set of vehicles so that the old ones would not appear at all.

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3)
BTW is it possible to put flyable planes in game? I downloaded a Dodo yesterday and put it to work as a RC Baron, but it doesn't move at all.

I have not tried the Dodo. If someone could link me to it, I could give it a quick look.

QUOTE (kikiboy95)
Max (is it okay to call you like that), I've managed to get my hands on 1.0 version of Vice City executable, and it all works perfect as you said it would! One question, though: Is there a way to delete the cars that are spawned and left over? Bcs, when I die, I drive back to the street where the car was, and I find that the car is still there. If you spawn too many of them, the memory could run out, and the buildings start to disappear a bit.. sarcasm.gif

I could limit those cars to about 25 or something, so then the old ones start disappearing when new ones are created. The cars never disappearing is a side effect of making them not give you a wanted star on entering when the police is near.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:02 PM Edited by MasterK, 05 June 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Here's the link for the Dodo with the edited .XML for it. smile.gif

https://rapidshare.c...1837856/Dodo.7z

Also for Police cars and bikes: It would be a great help for us to include the relative coordinates of each siren light and let it apply to one particular car imported newly, so the original cars wouldn't be affected by it.

Also a tip for those who are having problems with getting a correct .xml for cars: Use the handling provided with the car, and replace the given line in your handling.cfg (don't forget to back it up first). After that, open up a handling editor tool or datatool for VC and using the sample xml given for the car that your new one meant to replace, start copying data from the handling editor, to the xml. That's the easiest way of doing it yet. smile.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

I'll release a new version tomorrow. It has flags for making AI use them as a:
  • Police car
  • SWAT truck
  • FBI car
  • Vice Cheetah
  • Barracks
  • Tank
  • Predator
  • Firetruck
  • Ambulance
  • Taxi

For each of those, adding a vehicle with one of those AI flags specified makes the game randomly choose one of the available vehicles for that type, so with one custom police car there is 50% chance that a police car is the default one and 50% that it's the custom one.

Also, you can enable tank controls, firetruck controls, Hermes exhaust, Phoenix engine flaps and BF Injection's rotating part.

Vehicles have the right audio sections now, they were a bit messed up before. Also the game shouldn't crash on exit anymore and it seems that baron flag didn't properly work before.

I also extended a limit that limited the maximum number of vehicles of one class to 25, making it overwrite the list of the next class if the limit was exceeded.

There can also be a file called global.xml in the vehicles folder that can specify default vehicle IDs that shouldn't be used by AI in the game, so you can remove some old cars you don't like. Also if a custom police (or some other special type) car is specified in that file and there is a custom police car available, the game will never use the default one and will only choose from custom ones.

More details tomorrow.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hmm, seems to me that you've done a lot of work on this mod again. I really like your changes. smile.gif

One question though is still unanswered, and that's about vehicle emergency lights, and their positions. Would it be a possible addition to this mod? I'm just asking, because you've already done a lot of stuff that has been marked as "impossible" in the past, but as far as I remember, a member called Jacob made a tool for editing their positions a few years ago... although it was an executable and could only edit them if the exe was running in the background. smile.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 5 2011, 22:28)
Hmm, seems to me that you've done a lot of work on this mod again. I really like your changes. smile.gif

One question though is still unanswered, and that's about vehicle emergency lights, and their positions. Would it be a possible addition to this mod? I'm just asking, because you've already done a lot of stuff that has been marked as "impossible" in the past, but as far as I remember, a member called Jacob made a tool for editing their positions a few years ago... although it was an executable and could only edit them if the exe was running in the background. smile.gif

That would definitely be possible. Can't promise anything yet though.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:49 PM Edited by MasterK, 05 June 2011 - 10:55 PM.

Testing the new version:

Got those stupid bastards driving a Police Bike cool.gif

user posted image

That's an achievement for sure maxorator! smile.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 5 2011, 22:49)
Testing the new version:

Got those stupid bastards driving a Police Bike  cool.gif

That's an achievement for sure maxorator! smile.gif

That's nice. Don't remember why, but for some reason I thought cop bikes wouldn't work with this, hadn't specifically added anything to make them work anyway. smile.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Well, I've just encountered a problem where two of them just got off the bike, and since I was too close to them, the game crashed... biggrin.gif But it works fine, if I'm further away. The funniest thing is that, they can use sirens (without lights) but I can't. And the game leaves me to respray the polbike. biggrin.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 5 2011, 22:58)
Well, I've just encountered a problem where two of them just got off the bike, and since I was too close to them, the game crashed... biggrin.gif But it works fine, if I'm further away. The funniest thing is that, they can use sirens (without lights) but I can't. And the game leaves me to respray the polbike. biggrin.gif

Ah, I see. So I should probably modify it a bit to eliminate those problems with cop bikes. Helicopters and cops would be an interesting combo though, although they'll probably just crash them right away.

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Great news! Hope fo soon relese of new version.
BTW cars for current version will work with new ?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (L!mon @ Jun 5 2011, 23:10)
Great news! Hope fo soon relese of new version.
BTW cars for current version will work with new ?

Yes, they will. Only difference in the XML is the new extra flags that can be specified, so there shouldn't be any problems with that.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:16 PM Edited by MasterK, 05 June 2011 - 11:35 PM.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Jun 5 2011, 23:02)
QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 5 2011, 22:58)

Ah, I see. So I should probably modify it a bit to eliminate those problems with cop bikes. Helicopters and cops would be an interesting combo though, although they'll probably just crash them right away.

I couldn't reproduce the bug with coppers getting of the police bike, so IMO, that was caused by something else. Trying out a different Dodo mod, as this one acts wierd. biggrin.gif

Hmm, got it again, but this time, the bike just appeared on screen. Maybe the game has reached a limit? :S

About the RC Baron replaced by Dodo: Got it working, it moves, but in a different kind of way: The directional keys (Right and left) are swapped and the keys assigned to taking off and descending are swapped too. Also, it's turning too fast, but that could be related to my handling file....

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Jun 5 2011, 23:16)
I couldn't reproduce the bug with coppers getting of the police bike, so IMO, that was caused by something else. Trying out a different Dodo mod, as this one acts wierd. biggrin.gif

Hmm, got it again, but this time, the bike just appeared on screen. Maybe the game has reached a limit? :S

About the RC Baron replaced by Dodo: Got it working, it moves, but in a different kind of way: The directional keys (Right and left) are swapped and the keys assigned to taking off and descending are swapped too. Also, it's turning too fast, but that could be related to my handling file....

Well, I do hope the bug is related to the cop bikes though, since I haven't specifically worked on supporting those.

And yes, the RC Baron handling data and flying method is not really very good for the Dodo. I might try some other flying method for it though.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:46 PM

The best thing would be to let the skimmer be used with wheels, just like with the RC Baron... but that would be hard, since the skimmer uses boat parts in its dff so it can only be used like a boat and a plane. It would be really cool to let those parts used by not only boats, but by cars, since that way, we could use the car handling data and aerohandling to make a properly functioning plane, which could take off from land. But that's a little too much, since this mod isn't about adding new vehicle features, but letting the players used the ones already implemented in Vice City. smile.gif

Will try other things out tomorrow. Until then, have a good day, or night (don't know what timezone are you in.)

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

Wow, that's an amazing improvement, can't wait to put some new planes and that police car I mentioned a few posts back. biggrin.gif
BTW, what about that custom sounds idea, would that be possible or waaaay too hard to implement?

Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

hi, which & where to put the animations for cars,

kikiboy95
  • kikiboy95

Still Vice!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:59 AM

I've had lot of fun with experimenting this new version biggrin.gif Having cops drive helicopters, didn't work for me as the game spawns them on default paths, which are ON ground, so scratching the environment and stuff is unavoidable. Even when they aren't chasing me, they use the chopper like it's a car, so there won't be any crazy chopper-chasing scenes tounge.gif Copbike is a bit awkward. I've tested it and found that I can't enable the sirens on it and sometimes, the front wheel is mispositioned... Everything else works fine. Multiple taxis and police cars are just awesome implementation! icon14.gif

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:41 AM

Am I the only one who hasn't got the new version? wow.gif

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:44 AM

+1 Where download link ?

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

I think they're testers or something, we'll probably have it by tomorrow. smile.gif

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:49 AM

The addition of multiple police and taxis and service vehicles in general sounds good to me.

However, by 50% chance to spawn default or original police car...does that mean there's half and half that the police cars chasing will be two types, or do the default and custom cars alternate so I get one type chasing me at a time?

Either way is good though, just curious.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

Fantastic, cant wait for the download, will we see a tool in the future to make creating the XML's easier and how about Custom vehicle sounds.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Jun 6 2011, 00:59)
I've had lot of fun with experimenting this new version biggrin.gif Having cops drive helicopters, didn't work for me as the game spawns them on default paths, which are ON ground, so scratching the environment and stuff is unavoidable. Even when they aren't chasing me, they use the chopper like it's a car, so there won't be any crazy chopper-chasing scenes tounge.gif Copbike is a bit awkward. I've tested it and found that I can't enable the sirens on it and sometimes, the front wheel is mispositioned... Everything else works fine. Multiple taxis and police cars are just awesome implementation! icon14.gif

Hmm, interestingly enough, the cop bike front wheel has some problems at me too, but pretty much rarely. What's really cool is that, the vigilante missions are working on a copbike too. smile.gif

It's possible to enable the sirens of the copbike by directly stealing one from a cop, who's chasing you.

Another interesting stuff noticed by me is that, the cops driving a police bike sometimes don't want to notice you have wanted stars or killed someone near them. But that's just a minor bug.

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:52 AM

Sounds fun. Cant wait to test it.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Jun 6 2011, 03:49)
The addition of multiple police and taxis and service vehicles in general sounds good to me.

However, by 50% chance to spawn default or original police car...does that mean there's half and half that the police cars chasing will be two types, or do the default and custom cars alternate so I get one type chasing me at a time?

Either way is good though, just curious.

Each police vehicle has an equal chance to appear. Therefore if you have 2 custom police cars, for every different police car (1 default and 2 custom) there is 1/3 chance. However, the default vehicle can be set to never appear if it's in the no-spawn list of the global XML file.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:07 AM

Does adjusting the Frequency of the Vehicle determine if one police cars has even a slightly higher priority than the other, or would frequency only adjust if you set it for Normal, RichFamily etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users