Maxo's Vehicle Loader

2,040 replies to this topic
Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

I am Glad that Max Choose VC for Such a Great Mod!

Swoorup
  • Swoorup

innovator

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Great Work, Max. Now its compatible with modified exe, flts and other asi too. biggrin.gif

SomeGuy86
  • SomeGuy86

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Can anyone confirm, does it work on GTA Liberty City TC mod?

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:02 PM Edited by Xegethra, 07 April 2012 - 09:10 PM.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 23:59)
Gang cars are controlled VIA SCM so if you want to change that you have to edit Main.SCM which will mean that you will have to start a new game (Old Game Saves dont work with Different SCM's) or perhaps it might be possible to change it with CLEO.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Apr 2 2012, 16:11)
VC supports only one gang car per gang, so yeah, it'd be the work which would require Maxorator's ingeration.

I see, hmm.

QUOTE (maxorator @ Wednesday, Apr 4 2012, 00:43)
I could make it possible to add a rule to vehicle settings specifying that whenever a certain ID is requested by SCM, it would be redirected to this car's ID instead.

Ahh, that would be neat if it ever comes to light. It's kinda odd having non gang Voodoos driving around. >_>

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 16:01)
That might be a bit tricky to do since there's a rather large portion of code in VC that handles rendering vehicle lights.

Speaking of lights... would it be possible to remove these weird box thingies from headlights?
http://images.wikia....tTheCourier.jpg

maxorator
  • maxorator

VC:MP lead developer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 21:06)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Saturday, Apr 7 2012, 16:01)
That might be a bit tricky to do since there's a rather large portion of code in VC that handles rendering vehicle lights.

Speaking of lights... would it be possible to remove these weird box thingies from headlights?
http://images.wikia....tTheCourier.jpg

If they are rendered separately from the light itself, then maybe yes. I'll have to look into it though.

Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

@Max
Do you know About the Addressed of Headlight RGB Color ?

it would be great if We define RGB of Lights ourselves in Vehicle.XML

i wish if VC could Read Taillights(red) & Reverse-Light(White) Separately,

is it possible that MVL can Make the Game to Read Model as Collision
please Don't laugh
-------------------------
MVL is Feature of VC Vehicle Modeling...

Junior123456789
  • Junior123456789

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Abolt DFF as COL: I don't understand sh*t about this but I think it is not possible because of different parameters confused.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:51 AM Edited by maxorator, 08 April 2012 - 09:54 AM.

QUOTE (Ashwin the new boy @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 02:30)
@Max
Do you know About the Addressed of Headlight RGB Color ?

it would be great if We define RGB of Lights ourselves in Vehicle.XML

i wish if VC could Read Taillights(red) & Reverse-Light(White) Separately,

is it possible that MVL can Make the Game to Read Model as Collision
please Don't laugh
-------------------------
MVL is Feature of VC Vehicle Modeling...

I'll see about the colours of the lights.

Using DFF as a collision is not a stupid idea at all, but unfortunately VC engine does not support collision detection between two triangles. All static map objects, such as buildings, have only triangles for collision and all movable objects have only spheres (cars have triangles on roof to make walking on them more realistic though). Since DFF only has triangles, it would make it impossible for a vehicle to collide with a building then. Also, even if VC supported that, it would be difficult to detect which part of the car was hit in a collision then.

For adding buildings and other stuff that's static, I could easily make it generate collision data from DFF on the fly, but that might not be the best idea when used with a low-end computer, since DFF-s usually have much more triangles than a col-model.

By the way, I can remove the boxes, should I add it as an additional line in the lights section in vehicle's XML?

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yeah, that'd be great icon14.gif
Also, would it be possible to disable these boxes altogether (even from original cars not added by Vehicle Loader)?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yes please do add it, they are horrible, if you could also release a hack that removes them from normal VC cars that would be great too.

Also can I just ask if you are able to increase the Vehicles Limit, I know it may sound crazy having more than 200 cars, but we have been discussing using MVL for GTA SOL and we would like to have VC, III, SA and some custom extra vehicles all running VIA MVL and 200 slots wont be enough for all them, so do you think MVL could handle all those Vehicles?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:56 AM Edited by maxorator, 08 April 2012 - 10:00 AM.

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 09:55)
Yeah, that'd be great icon14.gif
Also, would it be possible to disable these boxes altogether (even from original cars not added by Vehicle Loader)?

Like a "disablelightboxes" option in the global.xml file?

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Apr 8 2012, 09:56)
Yes please do add it, they are horrible, if you could also release a hack that removes them from normal VC cars that would be great too.

Also can I just ask if you are able to increase the Vehicles Limit, I know it may sound crazy having more than 200 cars, but we have been discussing using MVL for GTA SOL and we would like to have VC, III, SA and some custom extra vehicles all running VIA MVL and 200 slots wont be enough for all them, so do you think MVL could handle all those Vehicles?

I'm sure MVL could handle more, but the problem is that MVL does not stream vehicles in and out, all the vehicles are always in memory. It is not a problem when you add default cars that are optimized to have a small size, but if you add that many HD cars, the amount of memory used could get very high.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 20:56)

I'm sure MVL could handle more, but the problem is that MVL does not stream vehicles in and out, all the vehicles are always in memory. It is not a problem when you add default cars that are optimized to have a small size, but if you add that many HD cars, the amount of memory used could get very high.

Well we are using the Default SA cars and Xbox Version of the VC & III, So if the Memory usage would be high perhaps it would be better to keep VC Cars running normally and try to optimize the others, but if you say it is doable we would like to try it and see what happens, I (And I am sure X-Seti also) would appreciate your help and Input into getting as much as we can out of MVL without ruining the Performance of the Overall Game.

Well with me incharge of Vehicles for SOL it is my problem to solve if we cant use all of the Vehicles.

Also do you think you could add a parameter to each Vehicles XML, something like <SCMReplace>_Add_Vehicle_ID_Here_</SCMReplace> or something similar how whenever you put a Vehicle ID there for example 156 whenever Vehicle ID 156 (Police Cruiser) is mentioned in the SCM, the Vehicle with SCMReplace in its XML will replace it, weather that be as a Gang Vehicle or just Spawning at the Location or for a Mission.

Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

By the way, I can remove the boxes, should I add it as an additional line in the lights section in vehicle's XML?

yeah! in xml we will write manually Which shape of Which Size we Want for our Cars, icon14.gif

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:23 AM Edited by maxorator, 08 April 2012 - 10:27 AM.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 10:15)
QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 20:56)

Well we are using the Default SA cars and Xbox Version of the VC & III, So if the Memory usage would be high perhaps it would be better to keep VC Cars running normally and try to optimize the others, but if you say it is doable we would like to try it and see what happens, I (And I am sure X-Seti also) would appreciate your help and Input into getting as much as we can out of MVL without ruining the Performance of the Overall Game.

Well with me incharge of Vehicles for SOL it is my problem to solve if we cant use all of the Vehicles.

Also do you think you could add a parameter to each Vehicles XML, something like <SCMReplace>_Add_Vehicle_ID_Here_</SCMReplace> or something similar how whenever you put a Vehicle ID there for example 156 whenever Vehicle ID 156 (Police Cruiser) is mentioned in the SCM, the Vehicle with SCMReplace in its XML will replace it, weather that be as a Gang Vehicle or just Spawning at the Location or for a Mission.

Okay, I'll increase it to 500 then.

And yes, replacing like that is entirely possible. However, I thought maybe for gang cars there could simply be a <usedbygang> field that specifies that this vehicle is used by some specific gang, maybe that would be easier for gang vehicles. But also the replacing thing can be done at the same time.

QUOTE (Ashwin the new boy @ Apr 8 2012, 10:22)

yeah! in xml we will write manually Which shape of Which Size we Want for our Cars, icon14.gif

I think I'll just add the feature to either leave the boxes as they are or completely remove them.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 21:23)

Okay, I'll increase it to 500 then.

And yes, replacing like that is entirely possible. However, I thought maybe for gang cars there could simply be a <usedbygang> field that specifies that this vehicle is used by some specific gang, maybe that would be easier for gang vehicles. But also the replacing thing can be done at the same time.

QUOTE (Ashwin the new boy @ Apr 8 2012, 10:22)

I think I'll just add the feature to either leave the boxes as they are or completely remove them.

Firstly Thanks for helping out SOL with those Changes, Secondly why not try and have both SCMEdit and UsedGang, I figured it would be good to have an SCM edit, as you have the function to stop certain cars spawning completely so we can remove them, but then some of them will still appear at SCM Defined points, and perhaps if you have both, make the <usedbygang> higher, so that the SCMEdit makes the changes first then if <usedbygang> is defined it has priority and replaces any Gang Vehicles changed by the SCMEdit.

I agree that the Boxes should be either on or off.
@ Ashwin, I think It is getting a bit too complex with changing the Boxes Size, Color, Etc.

Ashwin the new boy
  • Ashwin the new boy

Back again...

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

can we still see The lights after Removing the Box ?

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:42 AM Edited by maxorator, 08 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

QUOTE (Ashwin the new boy @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 10:40)

can we still see The lights after Removing the Box ?

Yes, I tried toggling the boxes on and off during the game and didn't notice any other changes other than the box disappearing.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Apr 8 2012, 10:39)
Firstly Thanks for helping out SOL with those Changes, Secondly why not try and have both SCMEdit and UsedGang, I figured it would be good to have an SCM edit, as you have the function to stop certain cars spawning completely so we can remove them, but then some of them will still appear at SCM Defined points, and perhaps if you have both, make the <usedbygang> higher, so that the SCMEdit makes the changes first then if <usedbygang> is defined it has priority and replaces any Gang Vehicles changed by the SCMEdit.

Yeah, I actually meant adding both.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thank you Max for increasing the limit to 500.

This will be a big help for us - Major Kudos M8

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:01 PM Edited by maxorator, 08 April 2012 - 07:05 PM.

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Apr 8 2012, 11:11)
Thank you Max for increasing the limit to 500.

This will be a big help for us - Major Kudos M8

No problem. smile.gif

Tell me if there's some additional feature in MVL that could benefit SOL, then I can see if I can implement it.

One more thing - the way I'm planning to implement replacing vehicles, it will also change the model of the vehicles that were saved in garages or otherwise saved in the savegame. Is that okay?

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I suppose so.

Keep it up, it's one of the best VC mods out there icon14.gif

kikiboy95
  • kikiboy95

Still Vice!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

Instead of disabling the boxes, how about adding a system of night textures for lights on cars like in SA? Would it be doable...?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:18 AM Edited by ALMOST610, 09 April 2012 - 03:21 AM.

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 11:16)
Instead of disabling the boxes, how about adding a system of night textures for lights on cars like in SA? Would it be doable...?

If it was doable we would need to first remove those boxes, so you can think of this as a step in the right direction.

Edit: I have another suggestion Maxo, could you make it so we can also use HEX colours on the Vehicles.
<carcol>#FFFFFF,#000000</carcol>

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:23 AM Edited by maxorator, 09 April 2012 - 07:29 AM.

QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Apr 9 2012, 00:16)

It already works, but it takes the textures for light on/off from SA common vehicles texture file. Use the same colours SA uses for materials where it should switch between 'lights on' and 'lights off' textures. Although possibly having custom textures in .txd for that would be a nice feature.

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Apr 9 2012, 00:18)
QUOTE (kikiboy95 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 11:16)

If it was doable we would need to first remove those boxes, so you can think of this as a step in the right direction.

Edit: I have another suggestion Maxo, could you make it so we can also use HEX colours on the Vehicles.
<carcol>#FFFFFF,#000000</carcol>

I suppose I could implement that. smile.gif

Also I need to reimplement the SCM opcode that generates a random car for a car park. Currently the game has a fixed list of vehicle IDs to use for that.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Thanks, it is good to see progress being made on this tool.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I would suggest adding a SCM command to make MVL vehicles spawning easier, like:
CODE
0000: myvar = ID_of_MVL_vehicle_named 'MYCAR'  <--- .7z archive name

Looks like MVL IDs are dynamic, so you can't just use a #MODEL while creating the vehicle (it's changed to static ID in compilation time anyway).

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

I have a problem Maxo, when I try and set a Vehicle as "Plane" it wont spawn have you got some settings I can use as a Default XML that will allow a Plane Vehicle to spawn normally, I have only been able to get some vehicles to fly by settings them as "Car" and then adding Aerial Data to the XML, which seems a bit shodi to me.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 14:41)
I have a problem Maxo, when I try and set a Vehicle as "Plane" it wont spawn have you got some settings I can use as a Default XML that will allow a Plane Vehicle to spawn normally, I have only been able to get some vehicles to fly by settings them as "Car" and then adding Aerial Data to the XML, which seems a bit shodi to me.

In VC engine, the "plane" and "heli" types are NOT what you think they are. They are the dummies that float around in the sky. Real helis are actually cars (so are all RC vehicles) and skimmer is actually a boat. To make a vehicle act as a heli or a plane, you have to apply the correct handling flags.

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

wadiyatalkinabeet

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (maxorator @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 02:52)
QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 14:41)

In VC engine, the "plane" and "heli" types are NOT what you think they are. They are the dummies that float around in the sky. Real helis are actually cars (so are all RC vehicles) and skimmer is actually a boat. To make a vehicle act as a heli or a plane, you have to apply the correct handling flags.

Yeah I have done that so they are Cars but they are awful to fly and also when I press the Look Left/Right Key the Plane starts turning left or Right which is good as it is supposed to but it will also shift the camera to the side view of the planes so as you look to the left the planes dives down to the left, are you able to further look into that. OR Perhaps It might stop if I change my controls.

maxorator
  • maxorator

• Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:10 AM

QUOTE (ALMOST610 @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 23:40)
Yeah I have done that so they are Cars but they are awful to fly and also when I press the Look Left/Right Key the Plane starts turning left or Right which is good as it is supposed to but it will also shift the camera to the side view of the planes so as you look to the left the planes dives down to the left, are you able to further look into that. OR Perhaps It might stop if I change my controls.

Well, it is obvious that they don't work as you expect them to, since the only "car" plane the game has is baron, and to make the engine mimic its properties, you have to set one extra flag. You can't expect the engine to properly do something it was never meant to do.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users