Photo

Loosing Graphics drivers etc?

3 replies to this topic
konyo
  • konyo

AddOn Maker

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hi all. Im updating to Windows 7 in next few days. Ive preped my PC for the update but im just wondering will i loose all my graphics drivers etc too? Will i have to install them off the disc once Windows 7 has been installed?

Thanks in advance

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:41 AM

If you're doing a fresh install of Windows 7, then yes you'll loose your graphics drivers.

konyo
  • konyo

AddOn Maker

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 31 2011, 11:41)
If you're doing a fresh install of Windows 7, then yes you'll loose your graphics drivers.

Ok thank you for the quick reply smile.gif

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

I would highly suggest you do a fresh install if this is your first time using 7. If you were upgrading from 7 Home to 7 Pro or better then just do the upgrade with Home in already in place.
As far as the drivers go. Before you do anything go download all of the drivers you'll need for your mobo, network, graphics, and anything else and copy them to a USB drive or to the same place you'll be backing up everything else. That way you'll have them ready as soon as the install is done.
While you're at it also get things like your anti-virus and anti-spy/malware programs to have them ready for a quick install as well. Add Firefox or Chrome which ever you use if you don't use IE (which no one should but whatever).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users