» «
Photo

Who's there?

27 replies to this topic
Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:24 AM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 03 November 2011 - 06:06 PM.

Storyline progress: Completed

user posted image
Logo:Thanks to gta_talk.

user posted image
This is a horror theme storyline.

The main setting for this mission pack is 'Shady Creeks'. It tells the story of a spirit who is wandering in the Shady Creeks. It has killed those who dared to enter the forest in the past, and it is still ready to protect the forest. The main story starts when some people decide to go to the Shady Creeks for their own different reasons.

There is a group of woodcutters. They used to cut trees near Angel Pine but the trees are almost getting exhausted. Now they are going to Shady Creeks where there is plenty of trees.

The Triads, the only dominating gang in smuggling of weed. This days the police are on the neck of the Triads so they have to find a new hideout where they can stock their supply. Well you can guess where the hideout will be. Shady Creeks.

The environment champions is a group that makes sure that the environment remains clean. They find out that the woodcutter are going to Shady Creeks to carry out their activities their. They also go their in an attempt to stop them.

What will be the fate of the people who are entering the Shady Creeks. Will they survive or fall victim to the spirit? Who is the spirit? What will happen when they all meet?

user posted image
ALL IN ONE
Intro mission
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Finale

user posted image
Spirit
Group: None
Info: Lives in Shady creeks. Whoever has met it has never survived to tell the tale.
Playable character: Yes

Jack
Group: Woodcutters
Info: He is the supervisor of the woodcutters.
Playable character: No

Brad
Group: Woodcutters
Info: He is the leader of the woodcutters.

Chan
Gang: Triads
Info: He is the leader of the Triads

Mike
Group: The environment champions
Info: He is the leader of the the environment champions

Payne

Grace

Micheal

Maria

Ryan
Group: Police department

Chief Inspector

Informer

user posted image
Woodcutters
This is a group of woodcutters. They used to cut trees near Angel Pine but the trees are almost getting exhausted. Now they are going to Shady Creeks where there is plenty of trees.

Triads
It is the only dominating gang in smuggling of weed. This days the police are on the neck of the Triads so they have to find a new hideout where they can stock their supply. Well you can guess where the hideout will be. Shady Creeks.

The environment champions
This is the group that makes sure that the environment remains clean. They find out that the woodcutter are going to Shady Creeks to carry out their activities their. They also go their in an attempt to stop them.

Police department
This is the group that ensures that no laws are broken. A group of honest police officers.

user posted image
1.Dyom creators.
2.gta talk for the topic logo and headers.
3.Drift-Kingz for logo.
4.LulzAllDay for logo.
5. -ska for logo.
6.AznKei for the review.
7.All those who contributed in this topic. They kept me motivated to make the missions.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:27 AM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 11 June 2011 - 02:05 PM.

REVIEW thanks to AznKei.

Hello everyone,

Today, I'm going to review 3 missions made by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA . They're part of his Who's there? series.

Please click to the missions below in order to download each of them:
- Intro
- Part 1
- Part 2

Now, it's review time,

- Writing: Very Good , as it is very well written with few typing and punctuation mistakes. Also nice text colorings.
- Presentation: Very Good . Nice timing and viewing accuracy between each cutscenes. The cutscenes are mainly used for interactions between different characters and to understand better the storyline. So, there's no crazy or jaw-dropping scenes to be expected.

Intro
- Length: Decent , as it can be done in 4 minutes. This is an introductory mission where 3 different groups are going to Shady Creeks, south of San Andreas, to do their activities there. The 3 groups are: The woodcutters from suburban west Los Santos, the Triads weed smugglers from Las Venturas and the environmental activists named TEC (The Environmental Champion) from Los Santos. All of these groups haven't seen each other before.
- Difficulty: Very Easy . This is a cutscene exclusive mission, so watch them all until you got the MISSION PASSED! message, period.
- Variety: Good . The characters include the woodcutters as rural actors, the Triads as thug actors and the environmental activists as business actors. The weapons include chainsaw and sub-machine guns. The vehicle include the TEC and triad cars.

Part 1
- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Mike, a member of the environmental activist TEC, and along with his partners went to Shady Creeks to warn the further actions against the woodcutters. None of both groups have seen the Triads weed smugglers yet.
- Difficulty: Easy . This mission mainly involves of going from point A to point B. There's no lethal actions to do whatsoever. The only way that the player can fail the mission is to get drown into the water, doing careless accidents, killing his allies and getting busted by the cops.
- Variety: Good . The characters include Mike, a spirit as a senile asian actor, the woodcutters as rural actors and the environmental activists as business actors. The weapons include tec-9, shotgun and chainsaw. The vehicles include the TEC cars.

Part 2

- Length: Good , as it can be done in 5 minutes. The player plays as Inspector Ryan and he has been tasked to check out the Triad weed smugglers truck heading into Shady Creeks, while at the same time, meet the TEC members about the wood cutters activities. Later, the player plays as a Triad member who patrol the area against any foreign witnesses by doing a long walking.
- Difficulty: Normal . The main action of this mission involves killing 3 enemies near their truck. They are carrying m4 and have good accuracies, but they don't have the same range advantage against the player's country rifle, not to mention the wide-open area where the action happened. Kill them all from a distance and you're safe.
- Variety: Good . The characters include Mike, Officer Ryan, a spirit as a senile asian actor, the Triads as thug actors and the environmental activists as business actors. The weapons include m4, mp5 and country rifle. The vehicles include the TEC and Officer Ryan cars.

Overall these missions are good icon14.gif . They pretty much in the same format as the original GTA San Andreas missions in terms of length, although it would be better if there's a little bit more action, especially when there's like 3 different parties involved. Nonetheless, good job for the author and keep up the good work biggrin.gif .

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:43 AM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 01 June 2011 - 08:20 AM.

Bugs and Glitches

This section includes the bugs and glitches that have been dicovered in this mission pack.

Part 1
After you reach the other TEC members, they get in a green sentinel. And after you talk to woodcutters, when you're going to Angel Pine, a second (and third) green sentinel spawns. Thanks to BDR.

Skander Blade
  • Skander Blade

$.K.@.N.D.3.R

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Good luck icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

It looks awesome. Good luck with this biggrin.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I will make the next mission as fast as I can.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Well, the first mission is good, even it hasn't involve gameplay.
Keep making them.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Intro looks nice.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:25 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 04 June 2011 - 10:04 AM.

DELETED

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:45 AM

Mission uploaded:

Who's there? part 1

Have fun playing it and give feedback.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:15 PM

Part 1 was nice, story is interesting. But there was a problem with the spawning of the green Sentinel.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:22 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 29 May 2011 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (BDR @ May 29 2011, 15:15)
Part 1 was nice, story is interesting. But there was a problem with the spawning of the green Sentinel.

I believe you are referring to the part where the green sentinel is seen in the cutscene.

If you did not skip that cutscene, then I had teleported the Player far from where the sentinel stops. Finding the exact place where it stops was hard.

If you had skipped that cutscene than it will stop at a completely wrong place.

I will add a section of 'bugs and glitches' in the main post and add this there.

Thanks.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

No, I'm not talking about that part.

After you reach the other TEC members, they get in a green sentinel.

And after you talk to woodcutters, when you're going to Angel Pine, a second (and third) green sentinel spawns.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:04 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 29 May 2011 - 01:18 PM.

I found out the bug. I had forgotten to hide the sentinal that follows the player. I hadn't seen it during testing because it never actually followed me. Sometimes it fell into the sea and sometimes it took its own route. This time I drove carefully and slowly, and found out the bug. I can't fix it because I don't have an editable DYOM.dat file of that mission. But its a minor bug, so I guess its okay.

I will be careful next time.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Poll removed on request of the OP.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ May 30 2011, 00:00)
Poll removed on request of the OP.

Thanks for removing the poll.

Part 2 uploaded: Who's there? [Part 2]

New characters and a group introduced.

Play the mission and give feedback.

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

The story is good, I liked the missions, but try to add some colour, it does look boring to play the missions, and fix the cutscenes, as Kratos2000 said in a post, don't add a frame with two actors moving the hands, I recommend to put the cutscenes in front of the character, so, the two actors moving the hand can't be noticed, trust me, it works. But in fact, the missions are damn awesome, congratulations.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Gorgonit @ Jun 1 2011, 21:05)
The story is good, I liked the missions, but try to add some colour, it does look boring to play the missions, and fix the cutscenes, as Kratos2000 said in a post, don't add a frame with two actors moving the hands, I recommend to put the cutscenes in front of the character, so, the two actors moving the hand can't be noticed, trust me, it works. But in fact, the missions are damn awesome, congratulations.

I will surely use the tips you have given.

Thanks. icon14.gif

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Jun 1 2011, 19:15)
QUOTE (Gorgonit @ Jun 1 2011, 21:05)

I will surely use the tips you have given.

Thanks. icon14.gif

No problem my friend.

JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:32 AM

Good day.I don't use DYOM for a while because I'm so busy with my homeworks etc.So,nice to see a nice designer who is know how to make great missions.When I will have time I will take a look of your missions.I will focus at this mission pack.It's looking very good. smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (JOJOXX @ Jun 3 2011, 14:32)
Good day.I don't use DYOM for a while because I'm so busy with my homeworks etc.So,nice to see a nice designer who is know how to make great missions.When I will have time I will take a look of your missions.I will focus at this mission pack.It's looking very good. smile.gif

Thanks. I hope you enjoy them. icon14.gif

crow41798
  • crow41798

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

Ahh, I've been enjoying the return of the horror DYOM missions. So many opportunities to be creative! biggrin.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:53 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 04 June 2011 - 01:19 PM.

Part 3 uploaded. Added in the main post.

I have not used colour texts as I had said. Sorry for that but I don't know how to put them.

Anyways, play the mission and give feedback..

Gorgonit
  • Gorgonit

Ol' crumpy bastard

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:47 PM Edited by Gorgonit, 04 June 2011 - 05:52 PM.

QUOTE (Nitesh aka AAAAAAA @ Jun 4 2011, 12:53)
Part 3 uploaded. Added in the main post.

I have not used colour texts as I had said. Sorry for that but I don't know how to put them.

Anyways, play the mission and give feedback..

About the coloured text, check this topic.

When editting the DYOMX.dat file, this can be a ex. of the edit:

~b~John~w~: Marcus, get over here! We have something to talk.

As you can see, if we want to make a colour part, we need to start it with a color, I will select red.

Kill ~r~Spirit~w~.

You see, I put ~w~ at the end, that means that from that point, all the text will be white, if you save the file with that, and play, it look like this.

Kill Spirit .
If you don't close the text with ~w~, (basically ~w~ is for closing the coloured text and turning it normal.) the letters will be in red. Other example:

The ~r~killer~w~ is escaping, get ~r~him~w~ before he gets the great ~g~dildo~w~!

Here we have multiple color texts, as you can see, I closed the color text with ~w~, if you do that, It does look like this:

The killer is escaping, get him before he gets the great dildo !
If you don't close the color text, it does look this:

The killer is escaping, get him before he gets the great dildo!
That's why you need to close the text before going.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:47 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 04 June 2011 - 06:50 PM.

@Gorgonit
Thanks. Although I don't think I will make missions tomorrow, I will try the coloured text in my future missions. I hope I get time tomorrow.

I knew how to do it in v6 but its different in v6.1

Thanks again.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:40 PM

Actually Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, it really is not different, alot easier too.

control+color like cntrl+g is green. It puts the code already in there smile.gif . The color shows ingame. it will look like this in the making of objective

+r+ Bikers +w+ is trying to kill you.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Part 4 uploaded.

I used the coloured texts for the names of characters.

The last part will be uploaded on Friday.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:14 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 03 November 2011 - 06:03 PM.

FInal part uploaded.
Who's there [All in one] uploaded for those who have not yet started to play.
Reviews by AznKei added with his permission in the second post.
Main post updated.

Let me know about the things that you liked and things that you did not like about the storyline.

user posted image
1.Dyom creators.
2.gta talk for the topic logo and headers.
3.Drift-Kingz for logo.
4.LulzAllDay for logo.
5. -ska for logo.
6.AznKei for the review.
7.All those who contributed in this topic. They kept me motivated to make the missions.

Main

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users