Photo

Will GTA V be for PC?

29 replies to this topic
meshuggah28
  • meshuggah28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:37 PM

For GTA IV, PC games had to wait like 6 months for the release of GTA after it was released on consoles. Then when it came out is was terrible.

Will GTA V be for PC at all and what do you guys think?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

Yes, it will come out for the PC eventually. As always, consoles first and PC later. The PC community is still pretty huge to not consider porting it to the PC. Add to that the modding possibilities that further boost the sales of the game; it's just too much for R* to ignore.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

I do agree with girishb.
Although I have to add some more. Will be able to run it? I mean, I hope that the system requirements won't be too big, because a lot of people might not be able to run it. It'd be best to know the PC system requirements before the release. This way, we can get ready.
On another hand, it's still bad that they release the console version first. I mean, most people own a PC rather than a console. It's quite spoiling to see people with consoles while they're playing GTA V and you can't play because you don't have one.

But this is only my opinion, no one has to think like me. tounge.gif

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ May 25 2011, 19:17)
I mean, most people own a PC rather than a console.

Not true, at least not capable of running games one.

Kimd41
  • Kimd41

SRS

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

I do agree with girishb.
Although I have to add some more. Will be able to run it? I mean, I hope that the system requirements won't be too big, because a lot of people might not be able to run it. It'd be best to know the PC system requirements before the release. This way, we can get ready.
On another hand, it's still bad that they release the console version first. I mean, most people own a PC rather than a console. It's quite spoiling to see people with consoles while they're playing GTA V and you can't play because you don't have one.

But this is only my opinion, no one has to think like me. tounge.gif

The system requirements will probably be the same as IV, maybe a bit higher.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Probably.

Honestly, I don't really care, I have PS3. At least that is not bothering me, for sure.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

with some optimisation, and a descent port the requirements could probably be less than IV to be honest.

niko_mcbellic
  • niko_mcbellic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ May 25 2011, 18:31)
with some optimisation, and a descent port the requirements could probably be less than IV to be honest.

yeah no kidding, it seems like they jsut threw the damn thing together; the optimization clearly needed work, it really doesnt matter what gfx card you have (to a certain extent, of course), if you're processor doesn't cut it than you're in the hole of LAAAGGGG

Hobo-Lord
  • Hobo-Lord

you jelly? yah u jelly

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ May 25 2011, 18:17)

It would be stupid not too, because most of the code is in C++ and Python anyways. The GPU and CPU of the Xbox is close to what PC's use (except the PS3)
Its just not too hard to port the game. You can disagree with my on the fact that the Port for GTA IV wasnt good.

One th PC Requirements part, here's a comparison between GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas Requirements

San Andreas:
Intel Pentuim 4 or AMD XP Processor (or better)
384MB RAM
128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)

Vice City:
Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon XP
256 MB of RAM
64(+) MB video card with DirectX 9.0 compatible driver

-The processor is the same, while it seems that the RAM had increased. This makes sense because VC and SA are running through the same engine and San Andreas is bigger

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:51 PM

I hope it will be released on computer.
And I hope that r* has learned from the particular disappointing start of GTA IV.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ May 25 2011, 20:17)

Man, remember that we are still living in Romania, and PC is our main source. You just don't know how many are having consoles and PC, adding the fact that some of them are having a complete set (PC, WII, Xbox, PS3), trust me, I've seen everything tounge.gif

Maybe we belong to Europe, but I don't feel it even now. sigh.gif

Of course the game will be for PC, they are R*

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Toup @ May 25 2011, 20:28)

Not true, at least not capable of running games one.

Maybe in USA, Japan and England consoles dominate over gaming PC but in the rest 200+ countries PC is dominating.

The game will be released either on PC and Wii 2 simultaneously 2 or first on Wii 2 than on PC. PS3/360 are done. Too old.

Honestly, I don't really care, I have PS3. At least that is not bothering me, for sure.

Even if GTA V will be released on PS3, it'll look like Mercenaries 2 on PS2. Outdated.

lukb13
  • lukb13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:09 AM

Only PC gets record sales. Consoles don't. PC's are easy to buy anywhere. If they would release GTA V on PC's first than it would be the biggest record sale.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (lukb13 @ May 27 2011, 16:09)
Only PC gets record sales. Consoles don't. PC's are easy to buy anywhere. If they would release GTA V on PC's first than it would be the biggest record sale.

As much as i love PC i must disagree, Consoles have the highest software sales totals not PC.
I am pretty certain that consoles are easy to buy as well, just about every electronics shop sells consoles.
I would say a large portion of PC gamers build their pc rather than buying a pre-built.

PC's are so much more powerful than consoles, so i would hope that the next generation of games do not neglect PC so much, i will happily switch to PC provided they get the games at the same time as everyone else (even though that is unlikely)

UserCommenter
  • UserCommenter

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

I don't think there needs to be a topic about this to find an obvious answer. Yes it will always come out to PC. No its not the best in sales, but its still a large portion of what they bring in. Probably the #1 reason would be because the ability of modding GTA. Its probably one reason why rockstar doesn't do such a good job of porting it. They know their community will fix the problems with it. lol Seeing how the consoles are rockstars main money source, the consoles will always get the best treatment. Unless they were nice enough to fork out little more cash to make the PC version run perfectly.

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'd rage if they didnt release it on PC. Other than that, i wouldn't buy a console just for a GTA game, especially when its unmoddable on consoles. Oh, and i dont play games that contain FPS elements in them without a keyboard+mouse. I just don't.

Sorry, not going to switch to weaker hardware to play an unmoddable GTA game vs people with turbo controllers, turbo goddamn everything and non-turbo brains that are unable to solve 2+2 without a turbo controller and a "press x to solve" button.

No offense to those who actually play honestly and have a brain.

They better release it on pC...and hopefully it will have better optimization than 4.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:40 PM

Noooooo, of course not, thats stooooopid!! wow.gif

6 Months after the console version.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:06 PM

Yeah, they'll release it. Hopefully not as crappy of a port. Computers of the future my ass.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

As much as i love PC i must disagree, Consoles have the highest software sales totals not PC.

Look at games like Fallout 3, Portal 2, Bad Company 2 etc. where PC sales dominate. GTA could be like these titles if R* weren't acting like dicks.

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

They'd better ditch GFWL and use dedicated servers for the PC version. Players' PCs come in all sorts of variety and they shouldn't rely on them to host a multiplayer game.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:10 PM

I think Rockstar isn't really familiar with PC , so they try to avoid it as much as possible. IV proven how good their PC port can be and you know how it was. Still i want PC Rockstar Games more than anything else from them regardles cus i enjoy them more on PC than i do on consoles.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (GTARandom @ May 27 2011, 19:10)
I think Rockstar isn't really familiar with PC , so they try to avoid it as much as possible. IV proven how good their PC port can be and you know how it was. Still i want PC Rockstar Games more than anything else from them regardles cus i enjoy them more on PC than i do on consoles.

Familiar? LMAO

Theres no money in PC.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:28 PM

Yes familiar.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:38 PM Edited by Indi., 27 May 2011 - 09:19 PM.

First R*/DMA Game = (Lemmens tounge.gif ). Grand Theft Auto, and was an exclusive until PS1 came out.

PC has a lot of investment inside of it, Steam has 2,892,542 online right now, and has about 25 - 30 million registered users, and I believe Steam came 2nd last year when the Wii had beaten 360 and PS3 and Steam, Steam came either 2nd or 3rd for sure.

So don't tell me there is no market in PC, there are sellout companies that I ain't gonna mention which will result in back and forth bashing of the PC when they actually developed and supported the PC... but have betrayed the community.

First 3D Game, PC. So if there were no PC, you wouldn't have all of these 3D games today, obviously. But I am stating a point.

There ain't no market for R* on PC because they are so damn half-assed with their ports, they make brilliant games, but I do think R* Toronto are a PC base for R* now to be honest.

So much demand for R* games on PC, and I have seen several people on Newswire demand for L.A. Noire and RDR on PC.

R* normally pull a Capcom where they do a console release, 9-10 months later, release PC.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ May 27 2011, 20:38)
First R*/DMC Game = (Lemmens tounge.gif ).  Grand Theft Auto, and was an exclusive until PS1 came out.

PC has a lot of investment inside of it, Steam has 2,892,542 online right now, and has about 25 - 30 million registered users, and I believe Steam came 2nd last year when the Wii had beaten 360 and PS3 and Steam, Steam came either 2nd or 3rd for sure.

So don't tell me there is no market in PC, there are sellout companies that I ain't gonna mention which will result in back and forth bashing of the PC when they actually developed and supported the PC...  but have betrayed the community.

First 3D Game, PC.  So if there were no PC, you wouldn't have all of these 3D games today, obviously.  But I am stating a point.

There ain't no market for R* on PC because they are so damn half-assed with their ports, they make brilliant games, but I do think R* Toronto are a PC base for R* now to be honest.

So much demand for R* games on PC, and I have seen several people on Newswire demand for L.A. Noire and RDR on PC.

R* normally pull a Capcom where they do a console release, 9-10 months later, release PC.

I almost fully agree with you, except that the game was Lemmings and the company was DMA. tounge2.gif But yeah, R* Toronto really needs to work more closely with R* San Diego on RAGE for PC, because it is really hit or miss on the hardware it works well with.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

My bad, got BTTF in my head again (Back to the Future) watched it yesterday... tounge.gif , edited my post.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:43 PM

I really don't think so.

Rockstar seems to have abandoned the PC. confused.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ May 27 2011, 23:43)
I really don't think so.

Rockstar seems to have abandoned the PC. confused.gif

No, Rockstar San Diego abandoned PC when they changed names from Angel Studios. Rockstar North/DMA never abandoned PC.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:10 AM

Well if it's heading onto PC, Rockstar Games better not f*ck the port up like they did with GTA IV. Otherwise, you'll find me running away from Best Buy security, holding a large box with a PS3 in it. wink.gif

RadioActiveLobster
  • RadioActiveLobster

Lover of Redheaded/Ginger Women

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

They didn't bother releasing (or even mentioning) Red Dead Redemption or L.A. Noire for PC so at this point I wouldn't be surprised at all if R* didn't put GTA V on the PC.

I've lost a lot of faith in R* lately...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users