» «
Photo

Hard Boiled

21 replies to this topic
Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:09 PM Edited by Jackal1337, 27 May 2011 - 11:58 AM.

Storyline by Jackal1337

user posted image

Original version:
http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12687

Fixed:
http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12718

Been making this since of release Storyline Feature for DYOM, so pretty long.

You play as Frank Welsh, Detective of Los Santos Police Department, solving different crimes which vary from missing person to mafia.

There are total of five "cases", each case contains multiple missions.

Home Sweet Home - Mission Icon: ? Case where you search for missing girl. Lenght 5 missions.

Serial Killer - Mission Icon: T Serial Killer has already killed 4 victims and new one is found. Catch the serial killer. Longest case in the storyline.

Mafia - Mission Icon: Diamond. In this case you need to protect former mafia member as he turns to witness.

Gang Crimes - There are two gang crimes in the storyline. These missions are short and fast paced.

Inspired partly by L.A Noire where you play as cop too, but please note that I started making this storyline in last December so any similarties in LA Noire and this storyline are purely coincidental.

Sadly, I had to make mission triggers idioticly by Only one mission on map at time sad.gif Because i had some troubles with missions being in correct order

Some tips:

Since this storyline is pretty long(20 missions) I suggest you use Saving and Loading function of DYOM in case of crashes and similar.

Press Y + N at same time to open box to Quit, Save and Load storyline progress.

Select Save storyline progress between missions to save.

I suggest you use PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get hitman skill in all weapons which you will need.

EDIT: Im now editing the storyline and changing the order of missions so its not yet final confused.gif DONE

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

I played some missions, I am pretty impressed. Great work, I haven't seen something like this before. It's like CSI.
I mostly enjoy the Serial Killer case.

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

thanks colgate.gif but you might want to use this fixed version confused.gif http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12687 cos as u might have noticed that missions jump idioticly, like first serial killer 1 then gangs then missing person then again serial killer 2

in this its like first all serial killer missions then all missing person things

xMatix
  • xMatix

The Rolling Joint

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:31 PM Edited by xMatix, 24 May 2011 - 05:08 PM.

The best f*cking storyline and missions that I ever play. I really love you missions, because It's wasn't get boring with time. It's still great. : )
The funnies part is......When this grandmother pay to you 5$ for save his dauther xD

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

I kinda agree with the post above me, it's a very original storyline with many spins and twists, most definitely one of my favorites. I didn't even care about no text coloring. Keep it up icon14.gif

Off topic: Who is HAAAAAAAAAX?

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ May 24 2011, 16:35)
I kinda agree with the post above me, it's a very original storyline with many spins and twists, most definitely one of my favorites. I didn't even care about no text coloring. Keep it up icon14.gif

Off topic: Who is HAAAAAAAAAX?

well there was actually text coloring but not in dialogue, only in missions texts for example: Enter the Motel

HOOLS ZG
  • HOOLS ZG

DYOMER

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

The storyline and gameplay is briliant, good job on that mate. wink.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

I liked the missions, though I didn't play every of them.
So, I enjoyed playing it.

IX-MJ-XI
  • IX-MJ-XI

Creations

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:25 PM

Nice one icon14.gif icon14.gif

Only thing is, when your daughter is being held hostage by the Family (Forelli), Welsh still manage to get some sleep. LOL

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:18 PM Edited by Doublepulse, 26 May 2011 - 11:33 PM.

OOO This sounds good I am going to try it out.

Interesting because last month i was going to make a series similar to this, and I still am going to.

Except the difference the player is a serial killer. That however was inspired from a TV show called "Dexter".

EDIT: Damn I played like the first 5 missions! This is AWESOME! It is pretty ironic and coincidental that it is so similar to LA Noire before the game was released.

I do have a question about this:

thanks   but you might want to use this fixed version   http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12687 cos as u might have noticed that missions jump idioticly, like first serial killer 1 then gangs then missing person then again serial killer 2

Did you add different mission strands or you can play any case first in this version?

Also are the missions the same? Just in a different order.

I personally like the first one better because if the serial killer is the longest case, you would want it to be solved towards the end. So it is a little more variety if you have the other cases in between the main ones. I have played your older missions and i like your cutscenes alot.

The chasing missions are pretty cool. It is still very hard to believe you worked on this before LA Noire, but nevertheless this storyline is awesome. Great work Jackal

EDIT #2: I finished the storyline. The ending was sad sad.gif

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ May 26 2011, 18:18)
EDIT: Damn I played like the first 5 missions! This is AWESOME! It is pretty ironic and coincidental that it is so similar to LA Noire before the game was released.

dno about similarties too much, im getting la noire next tuesday so dont spoil the plot D:

thanks  but you might want to use this fixed version  http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12687 cos as u might have noticed that missions jump idioticly, like first serial killer 1 then gangs then missing person then again serial killer 2

Did you add different mission strands or you can play any case first in this version?

Also are the missions the same? Just in a different order.

In first version mission order was like this: Serial Killer 1 < Home Sweet Home 1 < Home Sweet Home 2 < Ballas < Serial Killer 2, notice how long time there is between Serail Killer 1 mission and 2, i figured that it wouldnt be nice and people would have forgotten what happened in last mission

I wanted to have that all "Mission Strands" would have been available from the start (expect for Mafia strand it would have been after completing Serial Killer) But there was problem... You could have finished Mafia storyline early before completing Home Sweet Home and Gangs missions(which wouldnt have fit with the final mission of Mafia)

There should have been ability in DYOM storyline thing to have multiple missions that have to be completed before certain mission, for example: "Mission Available after mission: 1,2,4"

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:17 AM

There should have been ability in DYOM storyline thing to have multiple missions that have to be completed before certain mission, for example: "Mission Available after mission: 1,2,4"

THANK YOU!

Im glad to see im not the only one who noticed this problem..

TheDru1d
  • TheDru1d

DYOM Designer & Player

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

Played the whole pack and loved it, not too much gameplay on some missions though but your fantastic use of cutscenes more than make up for that. Very good use of objects and character animations throughout. Well done! Have some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Looks like DYOM website editing function doesnt work too well... anyway this is the real fixed version

This is version where missions go like: Serial Killer 1 < Serial Killer 2 < Serial Killer 3 etc.

http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12718

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hard Boiled 2?

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ May 27 2011, 12:28)
Hard Boiled 2?

What u mean with that exactly :S

if its about that link i posted in my earlier post, its just link to "fixed" version of storyline

or

if u mean will be making hard boiled 2, it might be bit difficult( As main character died )

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 02:33 PM Edited by Platinum Card, 30 May 2011 - 04:29 PM.

Jackal! This is one amazing story pack so far buddy. The way that you transition into different cases are original and unique. I didn't want to stop playing but it was getting late lol Its great to have you back on the scene.

S/N: I keep getting a crash at the SFPD on Home Sweet Home Pt.4 with the fixed version.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Platinum Card @ May 30 2011, 14:33)
Jackal! This is one amazing story pack so far buddy. The way that you transition into different cases are original and unique. I didn't want to stop playing but it was getting late lol Its great to have you back on the scene.

S/N: I keep getting a crash at the SFPD on Home Sweet Home Pt.4 with the fixed version.

I had it too at first time.

I saved before this mission and after I load it was ok tounge.gif

I'm using alot of mods though.

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:11 PM

Thanks, I'll try that. I have a lot of mods as well, mostly gta iv cars and some ped mods.

JuNioR_
  • JuNioR_

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Platinum Card @ May 30 2011, 20:11)
Thanks, I'll try that. I have a lot of mods as well, mostly gta iv cars and some ped mods.

I have
GTAIV weapons
GTAIV Weapon Scroll
GTAIV Weapon Zoom
GTAIV Weapon.dat
New Great Effects
Teleport to Marker

That's all I can remember icon14.gif

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:18 AM

That's awesome, I almost forgot to mention the Niko Bellic animations lol.

On topic:Just finished Hard Boiled

The story was amazing and unpredictable. I really enjoyed the chasing, the figthing, the suspense and the dry humor lol Welsh seemed like a guy that could be the "anti-hero". He's non traditional, ala-pushing paparatzi from rooftops. But what's ironic is he makes up for it in his work which he is very dedicated to. I don't think any one could have done this story any better. Can't wait to see what you come out with next. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Soldier

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (xMatix @ May 24 2011, 16:31)
The best f*cking storyline and missions that I ever play. I really love you missions, because It's wasn't get boring with time. It's still great. : )
The funnies part is......When this grandmother pay to you 5$ for save his dauther xD

Grandmother pays to save HIS Daughter?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users