Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

That bump wasn't really needed. Also, quoting myself again:

Hey, never use 004E in CLEO, never! It might even completely screw up your savegame when it's executed and later saved!

So if you save with this mod installed, your save is destroyed for good.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

That bump wasn't really needed. Also, quoting myself again:

Hey, never use 004E in CLEO, never! It might even completely screw up your savegame when it's executed and later saved!

So if you save with this mod installed, your save is destroyed for good.

It could cause all sorts of problems. Scripts created by the main.scm are already (statically) allocated, wheras CLEO scripts use dynamic allocation. Each time the main.scm uses 004F or related commands to start a new script, it gets the memory of one of the unused, statically allocated scripts, gives it purpose and sends it on it's way. When the script ends with 004E, it's simply put back on the list of scripts which are unused and can be reassigned for any purpose by the main.scm. This list of used and unused scripts and the used scripts data are all saved, so when you end a CLEO script with 004E, you're giving the main.scm the ability to use CLEO's allocated script memory (which can never be deallocated for the remainder of the game) for its own purposes. It could go around re-using that CLEO scripts data (however with little left to identify it as a CLEO script except it's dynamically allocated position) for any progressed mission stages, interactive map objects, side-missions.. all sorts :p

So when you save the game, you've save a CLEO script which didn't actually end, but that won't exist after you close the game. So you load a script which doesn't exist as a main.scm script - nasty.

Wellll... all this could be the case. It actually depends which version of CLEO you use, as 4.3 can handle such a mistake :p

In fact, it does exactly the same thing as 0A93 for CLEO scripts... except it warns you about your coding habits:

[004E] Incorrect usage of opcode in script '%s'.

So it may not completely screw up your game after all... but can you trust a script which is outputting errors in the CLEO Log? :)

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

On the sannybuilder page about CLEO 3 it says:

2. Never use opcode 004E in the CLEO threads. They work separately from the common threads, so using this opcode will cause an error. Use the opcode 0A93, if you need to stop a CLEO script. Conversely, never use opcode 0A93 in the CLEO missions, but instead use 004E to cancel a mission.

The last phrase tells to use 004E to cancel CLEO mission scripts. I cancel CLEO scripts with 0A93 and CLEO missions with 004E. Is this correct or not?

From your explanation I understand that this is not correct, or does your explanation refer only to CLEO scripts and not CLEO missions? Aren't CLEO mission dynamically allocated as well?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

I cancel CLEO scripts with 0A93 and CLEO missions with 004E. Is this correct or not?

Yes it's correct.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

On the sannybuilder page about CLEO 3 it says:

2. Never use opcode 004E in the CLEO threads. They work separately from the common threads, so using this opcode will cause an error. Use the opcode 0A93, if you need to stop a CLEO script. Conversely, never use opcode 0A93 in the CLEO missions, but instead use 004E to cancel a mission.

The last phrase tells to use 004E to cancel CLEO mission scripts. I cancel CLEO scripts with 0A93 and CLEO missions with 004E. Is this correct or not?

From your explanation I understand that this is not correct, or does your explanation refer only to CLEO scripts and not CLEO missions? Aren't CLEO mission dynamically allocated as well?

No, CLEO missions are stored in the same place regular (SCM) missions are loaded too. Why, I'm not sure.. I guess it was just easier. The same 'mission loaded' variable is used as the .exe to check if any mission was already loaded into that space. So basically CLEO missions do run like normal SCM scripts, and subsequently require 004E to terminate them. And in this case, CLEO 4 doesn't make up for it. 0A93 will be ignored and this will be outputted to the log:

[0A93] Incorrect usage of opcode in script '%s'

goodidea82
  • goodidea82

SA Modder

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the insight!

mailycom
  • mailycom

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:54 AM

version .2b??????????????

jochuan
  • jochuan

modding noob

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

this mod is dead  :devil:

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

jochuan stop with your stupid posts.

Thread is locked since the OP hasn't updated it in a long time and the download link is gone. If the OP wants me to update or post he can PM me to unlock.  :^:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users