Game of Thrones

1,751 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 10:47)
I'd rather watch a high quality download than an equally high quality one on my TV with sh*tty watermarks in the corner and adverts every 10 minutes, I will

what are you talking about?

Game of Thrones is on HBO.
there's no commercials and the only watermark is extremely small, clear, and tucked down in the bottom corner. you don't even see it unless you're trying to look for it.

also the transfer quality of an episode you download illegally is nowhere near as good as the original format aired on live TV.
the quality of a torrent download on your computer is never as high as the legal copy until after the DVD's are officially released.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

The second episode of the season just aired. Here are some thoughts...

I like the idea of Bronn being the captain of the city watch. And why introduce a new character (Jacelyn Bywater)?

Call me sick but I'm disappointed that Theon didn't shut the ship's captain's daughter up by putting his dick in her mouth, but by sticking it elsewhere.

What's up with Rakharo dying???

Yoren was a badass. Book spoiler: Too bad it doesn't last long.

Melisandre (the red woman) has some sweet boobies.

They have still not shown the Tullys and Riverrun. I hope the don't take them out completely.

Lena Headey, who I didn't really like in the first season is actually better this season.

Jon stumbling upon Craster's sacrifice of the baby to the white walker was a twist.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 19:30)

Call me sick but I'm disappointed that Theon didn't shut the ship's captain's daughter up by putting his dick in her mouth, but by sticking it elsewhere.

lol, that girl was ugly as hell.

I guess you take what you can get when there's no other options.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

I'm wondering how the hell they're going to handle the repercussions of that?!?!?

I'm sure it was brought up elsewhere, but renaming Asha was rather unnecessary. She was awesome, by the way. The whole damned set was awesome.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 20:32)
I'm wondering how the hell they're going to handle the repercussions of that?!?!?

I'm sure it was brought up elsewhere, but renaming Asha was rather unnecessary. She was awesome, by the way. The whole damned set was awesome.

They renamed her? I didn't even catch that. Maybe they thought people would confuse her with Osha. TV producers are weird like that. I wish they kept more of the dialog between them before she was revealed as Theon's sister. Like when Theon tells her, thinking she's a shipwright's wife, about how his sister is ugly.

I hope the don't cut out Cleftjaw.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I got the HBO GO version so I just have to know what Dany said to that crying woman. Anyone?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

The woman was saying that they killed his soul by desecrating him. Dany told her that they will build a proper funeral pyre to return him to his brothers in the sky.

Or something.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Apr 9 2012, 04:53)
I hope the don't cut out Cleftjaw.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. They seem to be cutting back on characters who aren't needed or can be introduced when they are more important to the story (Jacelyn Bywater, Aeron Greyjoy etc).

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

Cleftjaw is in it and he's being played by this guy...

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Is it confirmed that they're cutting out damphair? That'd be such a loss to the whole Greyjoy storyline - but perhaps they just wont introduce him this season.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

@Pandazoot - Oh really? That's pretty cool icon14.gif

@Otter - I don't think Aeron or any of Balon's brothers will be introduced until the kingsmoot bit of AFFC, many seasons from now. Suppose it doesn't make much sense casting such a key character then telling the actor to come back in 4-5 years tounge.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

so Theon didn't know that was his sister he was touching up? or did he?

When it seemed to be revealed, he didn't exactly seem barf8bd.gif , or is incest not such a bad thing in this world of game of thrones?

Melisandre (the red woman) has some sweet boobies.

Agreed icon14.gif smile.gif

Can't wait for the next episode, hope Ghost comes to the rescue again !

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 19:27)

When it seemed to be revealed, he didn't exactly seem barf8bd.gif , or is incest not such a bad thing in this world of game of thrones?

Yeah that scene was handled much, much better in the book. I remember reading it while my girlfriend was here, I started pissing myself laughing when he realised who she was. My gf was all "what's so funny?", I say "you'll see in season 2". Yeah it didn't come across as funny on the TV lol.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

In the book, there's much more dialog. On the ride to Pyke, he tells her he remembers his sister as being ugly (not knowing it's his sister he speaks to). When he feels her up, she keeps pushing his hand away. There's a whole back story she comes up with, saying she's the wife of Balon Greyjoy's (Theon's Father's) shipwright. Then when they get to Pyke, and are stabling the horses, the stable boy blows her cover. And then there is inner monologue of Theon being grossed out, if I remember correctly, which cannot be really translated in the show.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the answers, I presume the books also detail more about how they know who the bastard children of the past king were too.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

King Robert didn't really keep his bastards secret, because bastards have no real claim to the throne. On top of this he made sure they were taken care of. So it's assumed that any of the various spies in the service of the council would have no trouble locating them if they wanted.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 21:30)
QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Tuesday, Apr 10 2012, 19:27)

When it seemed to be revealed, he didn't exactly seem  barf8bd.gif , or is incest not such a bad thing in this world of game of thrones?

Yeah that scene was handled much, much better in the book. I remember reading it while my girlfriend was here, I started pissing myself laughing when he realised who she was. My gf was all "what's so funny?", I say "you'll see in season 2". Yeah it didn't come across as funny on the TV lol.

I couldn't help but laugh at that either--also kicked myself for not realising it earlier. I've read the first two books and they're both great. Not sure if I'll watch the series yet.

Yenik: (book spoiler if you've not finished it yet) pretty strange how they go after Gendry and sort of forget about him in Harrenhal, I think.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I was wondering that, myself. I guess the white cloaks alone were chasing him, and they probably just told Cersei that they killed him, when Yoren scared them off.

I was just thinking, I don't think they're going to be able to pull off the Battle of Blackwater in anywhere close to the epicness that is in the book.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:30 AM

Well that was a fantastic episodes. A few great storylines masterfully compressed and holy sh*t, was Brienne awesome or what?

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yoren's line about crossbows was epic. good fight scene, too.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

so the girl tried to say that the blonde kid who got a dagger through the gullet was the orphan that the King's guard is looking for?
just because her distinctive helmet was lying next to him?

doesn't the King's guard at least realize that they're looking for someone who isn't blonde?
why would they be sent on such an important mission without the most vague description?

surely they know that no Stark has golden blonde hair.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Wow, they cut out a crap load more. But I guess to fit all of the book into 10 episodes you have to trim some fat. cough Weasel cough

Yoren was such a badass, though. Even though (no surprise here) I thought that battle was more intense in the book (not to mention Hot Pie didn't yell his war cry), I think the faster they get to Harrenhal, the better.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:34 AM Edited by Otter, 16 April 2012 - 06:46 AM.

Agreed. I think they trimmed things up well, though. It is a shame we haven't gotten to despise Pycelle as much as in the books, but I was over the f*cking moon to see Shagga's face light up at the mention of goats.

Margery looked a wee bit older than 16, but hey, I'm not complaining. I hope they don't drag this business with Renly out much longer, however.

@diablo - there are ways to make black hair blonde, even in fantasy lands. Lorch could just as well assume Gendry pulled a Ponyboy. But I reckon the helm was the main piece of evidence they were looking for.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

well then... wouldn't they know that the kid they're looking for should be younger than the blonde kid was?

they're well aware of the members of the Stark house, it was by process of elimination that they figured out one was unaccounted for.
maybe I'm just grasping at straws since I haven't read the books, but it was the only part of this episode that struck me as odd.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Good episode indeed, pity Yoren got killed off, guess you book readers were expecting it all along

That guard who offered a hand, was pure evil. I'm guessing one of the prisoners inside the about to burn cage, has a significant role to play in the coming episode.

Can't wait to read the 2nd book after this season, to read and picture those extra details, I'd read as the show went along, but I know I'd end up reading all the book and spoiling the surprises..

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

BRIENNE.

BRIIIEEEEENNNNE!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNEEEE!!

That is all.

The changes in this episode didn't bother me as much. Only off-putting thing was Aidan Gillen; what the f*ck is going on with his accent? Sounded like Sean Connery that last episode.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:25)
I was just thinking, I don't think they're going to be able to pull off the Battle of Blackwater in anywhere close to the epicness that is in the book.

There was an interview with Neil Marshall (Centurion, The Descent) in the latest issue of Empire Magazine. He seems to be directing the episode with the Battle of Blackwater and he seems to be really talking it up...

"The Blackwater battle is pretty much one long battle, on a much bigger scale than anything in Centurion. I couldn't believe the scale of production value I had. It was as big, if not bigger, than most features I've done: 400 Extras, costumes, horses, stunts, fires...we had a full size galleon to play with and a green screen set that was doubling as several other ships, and we were setting that on fire and throwing people overboard. Then there's a Saving Pricate Ryan-like beach battle, with all these guys getting shot to pieces, and an attack on a castle.....There's people being hacked to pieces left, right and centre. Some great violence."

Also apparently there's a bit where a hurled boulder lands right on top of a soldier biggrin.gif (That's not a book spoiler, just a violence spoiler that might be a HOLY sh*t moment when you see it on screen)

Also, is the actress playing Brienne on stilts or soemthing? Or is Catelyn just really short? The height difference between them is massive. At first I thought Brienne was just freakishly tall but in fact she's the same height as me and I don't consider myself that high.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 12:17)
QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 23:25)

There was an interview with Neil Marshall (Centurion, The Descent) in the latest issue of Empire Magazine. He seems to be directing the episode with the Battle of Blackwater and he seems to be really talking it up...

"The Blackwater battle is pretty much one long battle, on a much bigger scale than anything in Centurion. I couldn't believe the scale of production value I had. It was as big, if not bigger, than most features I've done: 400 Extras, costumes, horses, stunts, fires...we had a full size galleon to play with and a green screen set that was doubling as several other ships, and we were setting that on fire and throwing people overboard. Then there's a Saving Pricate Ryan-like beach battle, with all these guys getting shot to pieces, and an attack on a castle.....There's people being hacked to pieces left, right and centre. Some great violence."

Also apparently there's a bit where a hurled boulder lands right on top of a soldier biggrin.gif (That's not a book spoiler, just a violence spoiler that might be a HOLY sh*t moment when you see it on screen)

user posted image

(Also, Centurion was great for action/battle scenes. I trust this guy.)

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Loved the newest episode, intrigued by more or less all the stories that have been set up. Wish the whole damn season just got leaked, I hate waiting on each episode.

Also, Natalie Dormer is a f*cking babe.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 01:09)
well then... wouldn't they know that the kid they're looking for should be younger than the blonde kid was?

they're well aware of the members of the Stark house, it was by process of elimination that they figured out one was unaccounted for.
maybe I'm just grasping at straws since I haven't read the books, but it was the only part of this episode that struck me as odd.

Ah, I see the confusion. They're not after Arya. They're after Gendry, who is another of Robert's bastards. None of these people have seen him before; the only evidence they've got to go on is the helmet. So it was serendipity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users