• El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

sh*t you're preaching to the choir.

complexity makes the best characters.

hands down my favorite people in the world of Westeros are Baelish, The Hound, Varys, Tyrion, and Jamie.

I cannot get enough of their screen-time.

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:20 AM

Khaleesi <3

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

With all this talk of rape, I can't help but think of Salladhor Saan. 

Whatever happened to that guy? Will he ever get to f*ck the queen? Will he ever get to charm her? I guess we'll never know.

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

Anyways as for people I can't get enough of: Tyrion, Jorah, Davos, Barristan, The Hound, Arya, Petyr's cool too, prefer him in the books, same with Stannis. (But I like them enough in the show to like them there as well)

• Xerukal likes this

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

There's a great line about Baelish by Varys (I think) in one of the earlier seasons, saying that he'd happily burn the kingdoms to the ground if he could be king of the ashes.

• Failure, This Guy Is Here and AlienTwo like this

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Yeah it was Varys.

And it's spot on, Littlefinger wants power, and he'll do whatever he can to get it, even if it means screwing over the realm it seems, be it in the short term, or the long term.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:13 AM

Ok, what the fuuuuuuck, right?
There was a lot of craziness tonight.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

There's a lot of mixed opinions going on right now from the book readers.

I for one am actually kind of liking these deviations, and as long as what we saw is all we are going to get then I'm fine with it.

Spoiler

• AlienTwo likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by Xerukal, 28 April 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Spoiler

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

Spoiler

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Uh......

Sometimes, well, only tonight, I feel like the show has been written by people who were told the basics of the plot, not by folks who read the story.  I mean.... are they just trying to get more screen time out of the Bran stuff?  Because they could have done it in other ways. 

I am interested in the outcome, of course, i really like and respect the work the showrunners have done thus far, but right now there is a big "WTF" slowly bouncing around the inside of my skull....

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Yeah they're just trying to get Bran some screen time, as he diddn't do much in ASOS, or ADWD obviously. But still eh they could have done it in other ways like you said.

Failure
  • Failure

Call of Duty 4 is the game of kings. Semper Fi.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Ok, what the fuuuuuuck, right?
There was a lot of craziness tonight.

Quality episode. The book material was handled well ("Ser...My lady"), and the deviations were largely pertinent to the material.

Spoiler

Overall, this was a great episode. This is probably the first time since season one that I've really enjoyed any of Harrington's scenes (I missed out season 3 almost entirely, so I'm not sure what they were like). He's a great actor, but book Jon is largely defined by his inner monologues, which are very hard to get across on-screen (though Harrington managed it in this episode). I hate how the Thenns and Tormund have been portrayed, but having that lad from the village that was pillaged go to the wall is a great side plot--sort of like Batman's origin story. I imagine that the lad will replace Satin from the books,

Spoiler

• This Guy Is Here likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

Buuut.... who the F*CK put Ghost in a cage?????

• darthYENIK and Otter like this

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Liked the episode.

Bran

Spoiler

Thinking of going back to watch every episode to count how many times the word bastard is spoken lol

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:47 PM Edited by Brobinski, 28 April 2014 - 09:31 PM.

I couldn't give less of a sh*t about Bran's storyline. This is the first thing to actually happen to that group since... Well it's actually the first thing that's happened to them. They were next to something that happened in that abandoned mill, but fell short of getting involved. The rapidly growing bastard's been travelling north for god knows how long now and I pulled out my emotional investments so long ago that they could open the next episode with him strung up and burned like his farmboy doppelgänger and my first reaction would be "Oh I forgot Bran was still alive... Was."

Speaking of which, shouldn't Osha and Rickon be at the Umbers' place by now? I just want him to get there, re recognised as the heir to the North and kick the Starks off again. Bran (the actual heir) will be sworn off by all the adults because they're smart enough to realise Bran was an idiot for following that Feather Boy beyond the Wall. At least then Sansa will learn that not all her family are dead and brighten up her sh*t puddle of a life a little.

As for things I don't hate (i.e. the remaining 95% of the show) I'm still loving Daeny's adventures in Essos. Although, I did see this picture posted somewhere else and now I can't picture Muireen as anywhere but downtown Baghdad circa 2003/4.

TmhNYBV.jpg

If anything, that means it'll get eve more interesting. As much as I'm enjoying it, I really don't want the next development to be "Daeny finds out about yet another slave city and liberates it".

• Zepren and AlienTwo like this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

I got a couple of questions based on conjecture.
I haven't read the books, but my business partner has, so every week he has to face a barrage of questions from me about what is and what isn't in the books and then try and answer them without giving too much away.
Anyway, after this week we got to thinking that given Martin's age and size there's a chance that he'll die before he finishes the novels. He's quite heavily involved in the show's production so surely he must've told the other writers/producers where it's all going to end up? (Just in case)
If so, do any scenes that aren't in the books (eg. the final scene this week) give us any clues to what the eventual ending will be?

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Can't remember where I read it, but GRRM has indeed divulged certain points of the plot to the producers in the event that anything happens. They might be clues as to where the plot is heading, or they may just have been added by the show to keep people interested in parts of the plot such as the White Walkers, which don't appear particularly often.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

I got a couple of questions based on conjecture.
I haven't read the books, but my business partner has, so every week he has to face a barrage of questions from me about what is and what isn't in the books and then try and answer them without giving too much away.
Anyway, after this week we got to thinking that given Martin's age and size there's a chance that he'll die before he finishes the novels. He's quite heavily involved in the show's production so surely he must've told the other writers/producers where it's all going to end up? (Just in case)
If so, do any scenes that aren't in the books (eg. the final scene this week) give us any clues to what the eventual ending will be?

Can't remember where I read it, but GRRM has indeed divulged certain points of the plot to the producers in the event that anything happens. They might be clues as to where the plot is heading, or they may just have been added by the show to keep people interested in parts of the plot such as the White Walkers, which don't appear particularly often.

I watched an interview with David and Dan (showrunners) who told us GRRM let them in on all the pertinant details.  Just in case...

Now HBO goofed by calling out the name of that "White Walker Boss" and interesting theories are now starting to make sense...

Warning, thar be spoilers ahead....

Spoiler

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by KnobCheez, 30 April 2014 - 10:09 PM.

That must've been an awkward conversation.

Soooo, George. ehhhhhhh, we can't help but notice,
what we mean is, mmmmm
what I'm trying to say is.... ehhhhhhhh, we think you're, how can I put this?......

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:18 PM

Spoiler

This Guy Is Here
  • This Guy Is Here

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:59 PM

Well, it's certainly going to make a more dramatic arrival for You-Know-Who. I love that the show is getting a little bolder. Can't wait for Sunday.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

Agreed.

I am very interested in how they plan to resolve the Bran situation without him an Jon meeting... or what ripple effect changes will come if they do meet, as Jon knowing they are even alive has great potential to change a lot, especially in Jon's motivations and reasons for making later decisions...

Spoiler

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Agreed.

I am very interested in how they plan to resolve the Bran situation without him an Jon meeting... or what ripple effect changes will come if they do meet, as Jon knowing they are even alive has great potential to change a lot, especially in Jon's motivations and reasons for making later decisions...

Spoiler

Spoiler

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Agreed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, that works, but then begs the question... why even have Jon find out he is alive in the first place?  Why all this action around Craster's?  Why did the Showrunners send Jon up to Craster's if all he does is have another near miss with his brother and risk life and limb?  Maybe this is how he gains the trust of the NW after his wildling "vacation"... 

I generally have faith in Dan and David, but since the butterfly effect of Jamie's early return and the akwardness that caused... I'm a bit more cautious.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Agreed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, that works, but then begs the question... why even have Jon find out he is alive in the first place?  Why all this action around Craster's?  Why did the Showrunners send Jon up to Craster's if all he does is have another near miss with his brother and risk life and limb?  Maybe this is how he gains the trust of the NW after his wildling "vacation"... 

I generally have faith in Dan and David, but since the butterfly effect of Jamie's early return and the akwardness that caused... I'm a bit more cautious.

Spoiler

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 May 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Agreed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Quote of the week; "F*ck 'em 'till their dead!"

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Agreed.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yes, Burn Gorman was amazing in the last episode, gotta be a highlight for me. "You look like a f*cking ballsack." Brilliant.

• Failure likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, that's who I meant by You-Know-Who above. He'll save the day. Only way to tie it up, really, without deviating greatly from the books. Well, either him or someone/thing similar.

But having Locke up there is an interesting twist; really ties together some threads in Dance with Dragons that were a little too convenient.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
    Second Best Alien

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by AlienTwo, 01 May 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

But yes, Burn Gorman was amazing in the last episode, gotta be a highlight for me. "You look like a f*cking ballsack." Brilliant.

Yeah, that's who I meant by You-Know-Who above. He'll save the day. Only way to tie it up, really, without deviating greatly from the books. Well, either him or someone/thing similar.

But having Locke up there is an interesting twist; really ties together some threads in Dance with Dragons that were a little too convenient.

However it happens, it seems pretty clear it will be next week. And I cannot wait... they fooled me once before with the ravens (I thought He was coming, but no... just a soon to be dead WW), but I am still looking forward to a cloud of them at some point during the Craster's situation.... I watch this show with three non-book readers, so I usually just end up biting my nails and grinning like a fool when things of significance start to unfold... like Joffery's death.  My friends were getting so pissed at him during the wedding, I was almost crying with antici-

-pation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users