Photo

Game of Thrones

1,772 replies to this topic
Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:25 AM

It wasn't very graphic. Loras was shaving Renly, then went down for a blowie. The sound effects were particularly gratuitous. blush.gif

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Oh yeah, that's right. No wonder I didn't remember that; that's small-time compared to the full blown les-fest of last week. Hell, compared to any sex on the show that's small-time.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

And much less visible. But I have to agree, they've definitely got the sound of sex down. The slap of doggy style, especially.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:46 PM

I was a wee bit taken aback that Theon was pretty limp (and rather dry) right after "pulling out" but then I remembered that this is, after all, a drama. I was then taken aback that I had so long to make such observations.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (Otter @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 18:46)
I was a wee bit taken aback that Theon was pretty limp (and rather dry) right after "pulling out" but then I remembered that this is, after all, a drama. I was then taken aback that I had so long to make such observations.

pervert. monocle.gif

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:04 AM

user posted image

OH DEAR f*ck. user posted image

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:10 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 13 June 2011 - 09:22 AM.

I'm very pissed off right now. I really thought that they won't follow the book entirely. I was hoping Ned will live. He was the best character.
But it's good to have a TV show that can throw you off your balance and emotionally challenge you like that. I haven't felt such anxiety and anticipation in a long time watching something on TV.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

George R. R. Martin today:

user posted image

user posted image

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

God damn it

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:54 PM Edited by Otter, 13 June 2011 - 05:05 PM.

Brilliantly done! I wish we had seen a little of Tyrion fighting at the Green Forks because as it was cut, it looked like he was knocked out for the whole battle. You'll notice, though, that he had a few telltale marks of the fight on him. Loved Frey. Loved Shae. And Jesus, that kid does a good job of making Joffrey even more vile than I imagined.

Still pissed off at the lack of a certain quarking raven, but I'll make do.

And, good news, everyone! A Dance with Dragons is finally complete and slated for a July 12th release. I'm all over that sh*t. Edit - apparently I'm not all over tht sh*t - this was announced back in March! However, we know that this one is real, finally, as opposed to the countless other release dates listed in the past.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

I totally didn't see Ned meeting his end this soon. For me he was more or less the main character, so it was totally unexpected. Kind of annoyed a wee bit, because I thought he was one of the more interesting characters that wasn't just all INTRIGUE INTRIGUE INTRIGUE.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

I know there are so many other interesting characters in the show, but I'm just speechless. I haven't read the books so didn't expect it. Excellently done but so sudden.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:04 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 13 June 2011 - 11:12 PM.

QUOTE (MissCloud @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 22:22)
I know there are so many other interesting characters in the show, but I'm just speechless. I haven't read the books so didn't expect it. Excellently done but so sudden.

Sucks to be you. I read the book a couple of weeks ago so I knew it was a possibility. And even I was left speechless and furious. I wanted to rip Joffrey's throat out.

But damn, this guy is pissed!

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

Yea I was pretty damn gutted about Ned as well, not having read the books I didn't expect it to go down like that and that he'd stay on for further episodes. They've certainly stoked the fires of hatred for the Lannisters though, just the same. Joffrey really dialed himself up a notch on my hate-o-meter, I hope he meets with a despicable end in future seasons.

I do like Tyrion more and more as his character fleshes out and we learn more of his backstory.

user posted image

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

Another fantastic episode. I don't think there has a been a poor episode this season. Story has been well written and maintained a fantastic pace all season. Can't wait for the finale.

Does Sean Bean's agent specifically find roles where he is killed off early in a season/movie.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Contains spoilers. Just for those who watched the show

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

I love that they went down that road, totally unexpected. I was half expecting Arya to run in there and pointy-end the sh*t out of everyone. Is the secret buried with Ned now? Oh well, there's still a million great characters left - Jon, Robb, Sam, Arya, the family Smug, Tyrion - you name them. And the girl playing Arya is really, really good. Especially for a child actor. Good stuff. Shame there's only one episode left.

One more question - the bridge in the opening credits, was that new? I think I read that the opening title was 'dynamic', and I don't think I've seen that bridge before.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 15:26)
One more question - the bridge in the opening credits, was that new? I think I read that the opening title was 'dynamic', and I don't think I've seen that bridge before.

It's the bridge the Northern forces spent a good fifteen minutes of the episode working to gain permission to cross, resulting in them bolstering their forces to top it off. I figured that would be an easy enough conclusion to come to.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:40 AM

That bridge is home to the Twins (the two castles on opposites sides of the river [Trident I believe]) and House Frey with its 80-90 year old Walder Frey who is jested at that he is the only man who can field an army from his pants, or something similar because of how many children he has.

I've been fine with the deviations from the book aside from the battle Tyrion was supposed to be involved in. I hope any future battles in the series are shown.

In addition, I would say that anyone a fan of drama and political/royal politics should watch the show, along with fans of medieval settings. The whole LOTR comparison doesn't really stick. Magic and fantastical elements only come in at certain times.

I'm definitely looking forward to the season finale and future seasons, though I wonder what would happen when HBO catches up with Martin's published books. There will be only five published by the time the second season could air. I wonder if we might get some prequel action or what not. Maybe they'll adapt the three prequel novels that he wrote.

Anywho, I would suggest people read the books. They're not very difficult besides the sheer size of the books (900+ pages for them all if I recall).

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

I think the show will finally be the extra bit of motivation Martin needs to complete the novels. With book five due out in July, and book six supposedly partially underway, that give him four years to wrap it up. Provided the show lasts that long (no reason, at this point, to suggest it wont).

I'm betting they'll put half of book 4 and half of 5 into season 4, to make up for the fact that book 4 only follows about half of the main characters. Only makes sense, really. If.... that sentence makes any sense. Har.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 23:18)

It's the bridge the Northern forces spent a good fifteen minutes of the episode working to gain permission to cross, resulting in them bolstering their forces to top it off. I figured that would be an easy enough conclusion to come to.

Yeah, that was kind of obvious, I was just wondering if it was new to the opening credits. I found some blog claiming that the opening credits are dynamic, so I'll just assume it's new.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Hustle Bones
  • None

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Gronf @ Wednesday, Jun 15 2011, 09:00)
QUOTE (The-King @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 23:18)

Yeah, that was kind of obvious, I was just wondering if it was new to the opening credits. I found some blog claiming that the opening credits are dynamic, so I'll just assume it's new.

Yeah it is new to the opening credits and yes the opening credits are dynamic. Hence why the Eyrie appeared for a few episodes and now is not in it.

Speaking of the credits, when it shows Winterfell, it seems to dwell on a big tree inside Winterfell, is there any kind of significance to it? (If there's a spoiler involved then don't bother explaining smile.gif )

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

It's the heart tree, carved into a weirwood, central to the Godswood and a place to worship the Old Religion. It's expanded on quite a bit in the books, but they've lefy a lot of the lore out of the series. Read a little about it here. (this page is spoiler free)

http://awoiaf.wester...ex.php/Weirwood

Be careful not to click around too much and spoil yourself, though. Main point is that this is what the Northmen pray to, particularly the Starks. In that one episode where Jon takes a hike past the wall to make his oath before the tree with a face carved into it - same thing.

Holy f*ck I'm dorkin' out right here.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, stay the f*ck away from that wiki if you're a non-reader. It's updated with everything up to the latest books. Some douchecanoes have even updated it based on the preview chapters from book 5. icon13.gif icon13.gif icon13.gif

This: http://towerofthehand.com/ is a site where you can adjust your 'scope', setting which book you've read up to and which episodes you've watched. It seems the default setting is no books and the latest episode, how nice of them.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:39 PM

That 'scope' idea is bloody brilliant!

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Its going to be a very long wait between the end of this series and the next, got a feeling this last and upcoming episode is going to be epic.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Just watched last week's episode. Holy sh*t. First Addy, now Bean. Like I said earlier in the topic, they were a big draw for me to this show. Luckily I'm sucked in, even if it feels like my balls were cut off with a hot knife.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

Someone fixed this season's poster:

user posted image

lol.gif

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

Maybe you should just provide a link.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jun 16 2011, 21:45)
even if it feels like my balls were cut off with a hot knife.

user posted image
Caption writes itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users