Photo

Game of Thrones

1,744 replies to this topic
K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 08:12)
QUOTE (rudy. @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 22:30)
So, apparently Bran is the first skinwalker/warg to be able to possess another human

to be fair, the giant isn't an ordinary human.

he's a simpleton. like, today he'd be diagnosed with some kind of mental disability.
this probably makes his "mind" easier to control than it would be for the rest of us.

at least that's my interpretation of how that happened... having never read the books.

i thought the same.... not much mental capacity to fight control.

but OMG... that episode was horrific. i knew nothing would be forgiven lightly, but a massacre? DAMN.

what got me what stabbing of talisa... was just so raw.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Same here, it's stuck in my mind. I hope the next episode has more tits than blood tounge.gif

That said I thought the scene was perfect, I was worried nearing the end it might of turned hollywood cheesy, but nope they kept it chilling.

Rusty Balls
  • Rusty Balls

love spuds

• The Precinct
  • Scotland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 23:19)
But we've all been there.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

I wonder what will be happening on tonight's episode. After last weeks episode, I'm sure the producers know they have to show something uplifting if they want to retain their viewership.

Will they show Grey Wind's head sowed on to Robb's body? This might really piss off some of the viewership. It's way to early for Joffrey to die, but we might see Balon Greyjoy get offed to set up the introduction of the rest of the Greyjoys in Season 4. We could possibly see some Lady Stoneheart tonight as well, but I doubt it.

I hope we get something good tonight, most of my friends are on the verge of quitting (the ones who haven't read it anyway).

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 20:32)
I wonder what will be happening on tonight's episode. After last weeks episode, I'm sure the producers know they have to show something uplifting if they want to retain their viewership.

Will they show Grey Wind's head sowed on to Robb's body? This might really piss off some of the viewership. It's way to early for Joffrey to die, but we might see Balon Greyjoy get offed to set up the introduction of the rest of the Greyjoys in Season 4. We could possibly see some Lady Stoneheart tonight as well, but I doubt it.

I hope we get something good tonight, most of my friends are on the verge of quitting (the ones who haven't read it anyway).

To be honest after reading the Red Wedding, I wanted to see how everything would turn out for the remaining Starks, so in a way it made me a more fervent reader.

Tell your friends to read the Dunk and Egg stories if they want comparatively happy stories set in the Seven Kingdoms.

To be honest, the most uplifting stuff this season is probably Dany destroying the eastern slave trade, even though this will ultimately mean she'll take far too long to get to Westeros, or perhaps never.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (elanman @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 20:38)
Tell your friends to read the Dunk and Egg stories if they want comparatively happy stories set in the Seven Kingdoms.

You know how that's going to end, don't you? But I take your point tounge.gif

Very fun reads, those novellas. Think the first one was the best purely because we got to see numerous Targaryen princes in their pomp.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Series finale blew me away. Television perfected. I don't know how I will last a year until there is more.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Great episode tonight. Prefect wrap up. The scene with Greywind's head sewn - staked? - to Robb's body was fantastically infuriating, as was Joffrey's proclimation regarding Robb's head.

I also grew to like Ramsay Snow a little bit this episode, despite myself. I love how charming or elegant actors can explain away conveniently necessary evils. Tywin is another great example. Deliciously evil.

I fear tipping the hat on some occaisions yet continually find myself overestimating the TV audience - more than likely due to my foreknowledge as a book reader rather than anything else - and I hope that some of the threads misrepresented thus far find a way to realign themselves as some of the Edric Storms and Jeyne Westerlings seem to have.

I'm a little put off by Varys' involvment in the Shae affiar, and the lack of a certain dude with chilly mitts is especially disconcerting, but the show is doing a great job keeping the story fresh amd exciting.

Sad to wait, but at least Billith returns next week!!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:03 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 June 2013 - 08:14 AM.

I really enjoyed the Scene with Arya playing the little assassin.

The wolf head part was perfect.

Finally we get to talk about Ramsay in here without using spoiler tags on his name.

And I think they've done a good job so far with Theon's transformation from Lord to Reek. Look all you guys that hate those scenes where he's being tortured, I've said it before, this show doesn't do flashbacks, so we need to see Theon get broken now or never. We need to see why he begs for death, and why when Ramsay asks him what his name is, he answers, "Reek". And it would be hard to understand that, if they just suddenly pop up in future episodes and Theon is suddenly a whipping boy, without actually seeing these scenes.

Lady Stoneheart has to show up in the season 4 premiere, or they're going to wait until the end of the season for the big reveal, like in the book. I think the latter is much more dramatic, and will give the end of that season another amazing moment.

And god damn, I can't wait to see that little sh*t Joffrey die.

EDIT: I knew someone was gonna gif this...

user posted image

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by Typhus, 10 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

Robb Stark hasn't looked that good in years.
KING OF THE DOGS!

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:52 AM Edited by elanman, 10 June 2013 - 10:58 AM.

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 21:09)

Very fun reads, those novellas. Think the first one was the best purely because we got to see numerous Targaryen princes in their pomp.

Yeah I know how it ends, but the second two novellas are a lot less dark than the books of the main series.

They were fun to read: Are there no true knights among you!

Funny little theory about them actually: Dunk and Egg are supposedly going to Winterfell in the next edition, and in ADWD Bran has a vision whilst in the tree of a really tall guy kissing a girl by the heart tree in Winterfell. Could this mean that Hodor is related to Dunk, explaining his massive size?

On another note, I couldn't help but smile when Gilly called Sam a wizard for his reading in the RW episode biggrin.gif .

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Amazing season finale. I actually feared that it wouldn't be that good considering that it's one book split into two seasons. But it was incredible. I loved every second of it. And I can't wait for the next season.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 08:03)
EDIT: I knew someone was gonna gif this...

user posted image

user posted image

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

And now the long wait for next season begins.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 08:52)
Robb Stark hasn't looked that good in years.
KING OF THE DOGS!

I'm sure Arya doesn't see him with Grey Wind's head sewn on in the book. Obviously seeing his mutilated corpse was bad enough, but having Arya bear witness to it too was bloody horrible. Her killing the boastful Frey was excellent. I actually feel bad for the Freys like Olyvar who didn't take part in the RW but will still be part of the most hated family in Westeros. Why the hate for Robb Typhus? Sure he's a tad arrogant, puts honour heedlessly ahead of common sense by killing Rickard Karstark and marries Jeyne instead of Roslyn...OK, I see your point, but I still like the guy.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (elanman @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 10:52)
QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Sunday, Jun 9 2013, 21:09)

Yeah I know how it ends, but the second two novellas are a lot less dark than the books of the main series.

They were fun to read: Are there no true knights among you!

Funny little theory about them actually: Dunk and Egg are supposedly going to Winterfell in the next edition, and in ADWD Bran has a vision whilst in the tree of a really tall guy kissing a girl by the heart tree in Winterfell. Could this mean that Hodor is related to Dunk, explaining his massive size?

That seems to be one of the theories going around, yeah. That and the one about Dunk being an ancestor of Brienne of Tarth, who is also freakishly tall. She also recalls seeing a shield in her family armoury when she was younger that bore resemblance to Dunk's. I'd also say there's some logic behind the idea that he may be an ancestor of the Mountain That Rides. Dunk has clearly been putting the junk around all over Westeros!

As for the episode, I wish the closing scene of the third books, Lady Stoneheart, had finished this season but it was an okay conclusion I suppose. The Asha storyline next season has certainly raised my eyebrows. Both looking forward to and dreading what they are planning to do with her character there, since it wasn't in the books.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Apparently GRRM said that the ending will be bittersweet. Anyone else think that either Aegon or Dany will take the throne and unite the seven kingdoms just as the white walkers break through the Wall or something. That's my theory at least.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Not much happened in this episode that interest me. i liked the scenes with Davos Seaworth and Gendry though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 14:36)
Apparently GRRM said that the ending will be bittersweet. Anyone else think that either Aegon or Dany will take the throne and unite the seven kingdoms just as the white walkers break through the Wall or something. That's my theory at least.

I get the feeling that the bittersweet part will be that a Aegon or Dany takes the throne, but Arya, Sansa, and Jon will die, and the Stark name with them.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

I love how the cast of the show really has grown to the point where the finale can't even cursorily cover them all. Several major/recurring characters didn't even get lines, others didn't appear at all (I only realized afterward that there were no Tyrells, which is a bit odd after they were such a big deal this season), and many plots were basically just placeholders for next season (Jon, Dany, Sansa, Brienne/Jaime/Cersei).

Daenerys has been deliberately titling herself the Breaker of Chains this season, so I think she clearly does see herself as the Great Savior. She's building herself a cult, but the consequences of that are yet to be seen.

On another note, do the Lannisters get less blond on their road to redemption? If so, maybe someone should consider dyeing Joffrey's hair and seeing if that will fix his sadism.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 02:03)
Finally we get to talk about Ramsay in here without using spoiler tags on his name.

I haven't read the books, but I figured out who/what Ramsay was several episodes prior to the finale.
I didn't know his name was Ramsay of course, but I knew it was a Bolton.

the problem with most of the TV audience is that they're not very observant of details.
to anyone who was actually paying attention, the show made it very clear that Bolton's were represented by a flayed man. that's their banner symbol; a little man tied to a stake waiting to be flayed alive.

now it's very subtle but the actor who plays Roose has a beautifully designed leather tunic which includes an embossed image of a flayed man right on the chest below the neck line.

user posted image

it's RIGHT there yet so many people failed to make the connection.
I didn't know his name was Ramsay and I didn't know he was Roose Bolton's son, but it was easy to figure out that Theon was being tortured by the Bolton's. couple this knowledge with the fact that Roose openly despised Robb AND decided to release Jamie Lannister even though the Lannister's were supposedly his enemy.

TV watchers were actually given several major clues leading up to the Red Wedding... if they were willing to realize it.
oh well, at least everyone can be friends in real life lol.gif

user posted image

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:03 PM Edited by orbitalraindrops, 12 June 2013 - 01:05 PM.

user posted image

"Your sister... how can I put this"

I really wanna read the Dunk and Egg novellas. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

What does Arya say exactly when she picks up the coin after her scene, and can someone kindly explain the significance of it?

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 16:23)
What does Arya say exactly when she picks up the coin after her scene, and can someone kindly explain the significance of it?

Valar morghulis, which is Valyrian for all men must die. It was taught to her by Jaqen H'ghar, the Faceless Man from season 2. It is a common saying in Essos.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 05:26)

Valar morghulis, which is Valyrian for all men must die. It was taught to her by Jaqen H'ghar, the Faceless Man from season 2. It is a common saying in Essos.

I think she's going there next, find the faceless men

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (TEoS @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 22:26)

remember Arya is not the only person to utter this phrase.

it's a favorite line of Dany's too.
she has spoken it several times in reverence of her own dragons.

they explained sometime during season 2 what it means but most people glossed over it.
I get the feeling that it has much greater significance in the books than it does in the show (so far). but the only thing I haven't figured out is exactly how literal the phrase is supposed to be.

does it literally mean that all "MEN" must die? as in - men - with dicks?
or does "men" = all human beings?

I get the feeling that it refers to all humans.
it feels like an ominous warning; like people are expecting an apocalypse where the White Walkers come down from the North and exterminate all mortal men (and women).

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

It means, all of mankind, and not specifically man. You'll eventually get what it truly means in later seasons.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just a little refresher.

TEoS
  • TEoS

We Do Not Sow

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

I came across a mod for the game Mount&Blade Warband called A Clash of Kings which is a total conversion mod transforming the vanilla game into the War of 5 Kings. It's got all the major Westerosi factions + the Free Cities in Essos.

As a warning, I haven't played much so I'm not sure if there are TV show spoilers. There's definitely book material present, so be careful. It's still in beta, so there's a few bugs, but it's still excellent.

If you're a fan of the game and the show, I recommend checking it out.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

I knew it was from that face changer guy, just forgot it's meaning and relevance, thanks to all for explaining and translating, much appreciated.
I can really see myself starting to like Arya more and more, the Hound is still my favourite character though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users