Photo

Game of Thrones

3,773 replies to this topic
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Jimbatron, A week ago.

Hi there - I'm new to this thread, but not the show, or the books (both of which I love, although the latter a bit more, particularly since the former has had to speed off on its own).

I just wanted to share my prediction of who will end up on the Iron Throne. This is the first time I think I've been able to read between the plot lines to get a good rationale - rather than just guessing outright.

I note flicking back through this topic, some of you guys had some good success at guessing what was going to happen previously here - so keen to know what you think of it! I'll put spoilers is as I'll reference a point from the books (which people up to date with the TV series may be unaware of).

Spoiler
  • El Diablo and Kirsty like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

It's a solid theory; but I don't know how they'd work Sansa's claim in since there are two living Targaryens living around who have a far stronger political claim. I'm thinking that Arya might indeed go south and try to kill Cersei, but she will fail. She has to fail at one point or another otherwise it'll just be incredibly preposterous even for a Mary Sue - and I think that's where the Valonqar comes through in more than one way.

GRRM isn't the type to play prophecies with a straight face and I doubt he will now. 

Arya, a younger sibling attempts to usurp Cersei but fails. Arya is put on trial; and in an all to familiar fashion demands a trial by combat. Of course Cersei is going to use The Mountain.

And that's where another valonqar comes in; The Hound. Facing his brother in combat to defend Arya - he defeats Cersei's undead monstrosity and his sword is lit on fire afterwards because he's azor ahai 

And thus, Cersei's plans are foiled once again by a valonqar. But that's not a death, no. 

I think Jaime will kill her; if not directly with a sword through her back all poetic like, indirectly. With his seed.

Jaime is some 15 seconds younger than Cersei; and Maggy said she won't have more than 3 children. What if she dies in child birth?

What if she dies giving birth to a dwarf?

• El Diablo and Jimbatron like this

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted A week ago

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago

that's a cool theory.

if Arya killed Cersei it spares Jamie from having to live with that weird guilt / honor.

but is that suggesting that Sansa would sit on the Iron Throne?

Sansa takes after her mother the way Arya takes after their father. I don't know if Sansa has that kind of aspiration. but if Sansa usurps Cersei, this raises the question of what happens to Dany?

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

i posted that already git gud scrub

Diablo

I don't think Sansa can logically sit on the iron throne unless Dany and Jon both die without an heir, in which case Sansa can play up Jon being half Stark?

• El Diablo and Jimbatron like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by El Diablo, A week ago.

wait... what if it's Dany who dies in childbirth with Jon's kid?!

she keeps saying that she can't have children. cuz of the dragons and stuff. she dies with Jon at her side the way who's-her-face died with young Ned by her side when Jon was born.

oh snap.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted A week ago

Dany and Jon Snow die killing off the White Walkers and the dragons go down with them, fulfilling the prophecy of the Song of Ice and Fire because evil is banished forever, everyone else is dead, Sansa is left as Jon's heir because he wrote up a will before he left for Dragonstone last season so assumes the throne, Arya marries Gendry and their child becomes heir because Sansa never wanted to marry again, Sam retires to Horn Hill with Gilly and the closing scene is him writing a book... The Game of Thrones a lá Frodo and Bilbo Baggins style.

/ tin foil

• El Diablo, Jimbatron and AlienTwo like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by El Diablo, A week ago.

has Sansa even met Gendry?

oh I'm dyslexic.

if Jon and Dany were to be killed you can't kill off the dragons again, too. they gotta live and make dragon babies. I'm pretty much more attached to the dragons than any of the people in this world. except for maybe the Hound <3

• Jimbatron and Kirsty like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Dany and Jon Snow die killing off the White Walkers and the dragons go down with them, fulfilling the prophecy of the Song of Ice and Fire because evil is banished forever, everyone else is dead, Sansa is left as Jon's heir because he wrote up a will before he left for Dragonstone last season so assumes the throne, Arya marries Gendry and their child becomes heir because Sansa never wanted to marry again, Sam retires to Horn Hill with Gilly and the closing scene is him writing a book... The Game of Thrones a lá Frodo and Bilbo Baggins style.

/ tin foil

^ Yeah, as part of the theory I posted above, call me morbid, but I'm fully expecting Jon and Dany to die just before the end, saving everyone from the long night.

In fact, as much as I like both the characters, I'd be disappointed if either or both ended up ruling Westeros. It would smack too much of a fairy tale happy ending, and that's not what this story should be about for me.

As an aside, although it's a fantasy and I'm all for there being demons and dragons, I think it's the human interactions that really interest Martin (and a lot of his fans). The Others / White Walkers are for me actually a great political allegory. They illustrate that you can have groups of bitter rivals who've always hated each other - but if you introduce a more frightening common foe, alliances can change very quickly. Take that threat away though, and then it's anyone's guess as to what happens. Some new friendships might be forged out of respect, others may go back to hating each other.

That's the potential ending I really want to see - but worried they can't do it justice in the planned 6 episodes. I'm sure the final two books will, but then I'm more worried about if we'll ever see them finished. But hopefully, a scramble for the throne between the survivors. I'm sure Varys will have something to say in it all.
Spoiler

Still, if Jon and Dany die, and Cersei as incumbent, anything is possible as to who could ascend the Iron Throne - anyone powerful enough not to be resisted. Gendry might have a claim if legitimised, but you'd have to ask how meaningful that would be given his father (rightly or wrongly) seized it off the Targaryens in the first place (with I think some very tenuous family connection through his Grandmother or something like that). Could see Gendry being married off to Sansa out of convenience - he's got no army or backing to hold on to power, but could help bolster a claim for a lady who does.

Much as you can't like the character, you can't help but feel Ramsay had the most poignant line in the whole story:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention".
Unless HBO bottle it and go all Holywood on us.

Arya, a younger sibling attempts to usurp Cersei but fails. Arya is put on trial; and in an all to familiar fashion demands a trial by combat. Of course Cersei is going to use The Mountain.

And that's where another valonqar comes in; The Hound. Facing his brother in combat to defend Arya - he defeats Cersei's undead monstrosity and his sword is lit on fire afterwards because he's azor ahai 

Yeah I think the Mountain is more likely to be killed by the Hound. I was wondering if in his half dead state whether he'll not be fooled by Arya's face changing trick, perhaps at that point Sandor will intervene to save her.
  • Kirsty likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted A week ago

For all the other folk advocating the Jaime = Azor Ahai theory...

That bit about salt and smoke? episode 4. Salt [the water Jaime almost drowns in] the smoke [dragon fire] and his metaphorical rebirth begins there: he becomes much more skeptical and apprehensive of Cersei.

Karl11
  • Karl11

-_-

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

2 videos of the Part 2 of Making of Season 7 are out:

Also this for the lols, a little NSFW because of Boatsex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-taNyYMW8

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted A week ago

For me, Jimbarton, that theory doesn't really even get out of the starting gate because Valonqar is not another one of those Valyrian words. It's not a gender neutral noun in High Valyrian; there is a little sister equivalent and no in between the two words unfortunately.

Fun titbit; the Valonqar doesn't necessarily have to be the one to deal the actual death blow  :whistle:

Prediction; Sansa will not sit on the Iron Throne. Quote this in 2019.

p5Le2WNsLvjZRws2HARgzCtwaUZ_yKkEM3N_PjzZ

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

^ what's the little sister equivalent of the word then? I couldn't find any reference to definitively say that is or isn't the case.

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted A week ago

Hāedar is the one.

• AlienTwo likes this

Nero
  • Nero

custom grenade pin

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted A week ago

arya is going to air assassinate the night king quote me on this 

• JZFB likes this

JZFB
  • JZFB

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted A week ago

she will use her super powers to wear the face of meraxes to accomplish this

• AlienTwo and Nero like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted A week ago

she will use her super powers to wear the face of meraxes to accomplish this
I'm in the "Bran wargs into Viseryion" camp. The dragon has three heads.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Hāedar is the one.

There seems to be some confusion with that. dothraki.org suggests this, but westeros.org suggests valonquar could be ambiguous. I don't see a formal reference to confirm either.

Nevertheless Maggy herself used the words "his hands", which you could use to refute the idea as well. Regardless, there's another reason why Arya is still a valid possibility - her ability to take on a male face and persona. In any event, I have no doubt that Maggy's prophecy will be correct but was phrased by her to be deliberately misleading for Cersei. 

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Last sunday night I curled up in a ball on my living room floor weeping as I repeatedly uttered 'why the 2 year wait, I need closure'

• Kirsty and Neon_Dreaming like this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 5 days ago

I cannot believe I have never posted in this thread. Reading through the predictions and theories above was very interesting, amazing how many scenarios and ideas people can have regarding the story, but even more amazing is how many times you think to yourself "I could see that happening" That is one of the more subtle things I love about GOT, it is very thought invoking.

Season 7 was great, I wish it was slightly longer so we could of had some more dialogue and tension in certain scenes, but aside from that I can't complain.

One thing that really stood out to me in season 7 was the score, particularly the music that played whenever Dany was Dragon riding.

This scene has some great examples:

• El Diablo, AlienTwo and Tokasmoka like this

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

^ Yes I love when the New Rockstars(one of many youtube reviewers but I think they do it best) go into musical theory with regards to GoT.  Like the big sit down meeting in the finale, they played the theme minus a couple of key instruments why? because Dany and Cersei hadn't showed up yet.  Then when Cersei agrees to help them they play the theme in a minor key to convey that Cersei is not being truthful on word.  Last season was also a good example, the theme they played just before the Sept blew up was amazing, especially when they introduce the pipe organ which is synonymous with death.    Then this year when they showed the snow fall on King's Landing I believe that's the first time we heard a choir, had a very Charlie Brown's Christmas feel to it haha.

The most underrated part of this show, and why it's the best show eva, is the musical score :music:.

• feckyerlife likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

So I watched series 7, I enjoyed it, binge watching it all at once is the way to go for me. Some pretty good analysis in this video, lot of valid points brought up.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 days ago

Sansa won't sit on iron throne. It'll be Jon. 2 years from now and I'll turn back to this page. Arya marrying Gendry? Seems a bit too far. I think Jaime should be the one to kill Cersei. He's had enough of her throughout a lifetime. Arya has had a long list of people she wanted to kill but she didn't kill 'em all.

Things like this are really popular.
  • darthYENIK likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 3 days ago

Lol those season 1 promo shots of different people on the throne feel real tacky now

• Nero likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users