Abandoned Vehicle Cleanup

17 replies to this topic
Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

Abandoned Vehicle Cleanup v1.0 by Prof_Farnsworth

This mod will make a crew recover abandoned vehicles in the player's area (vehicles with no driver or a dead driver). If no abandoned vehicles are found, they may steal vehicles off of the street, from the dealership, etc. The criminals will occasionally get into shootouts with the cops.

Installation: Place the "crime_city.net" and "crime_city.ini" files into the "scripts" folder of your root GTA IV directory.

In .ini Settings file, the chance for them to steal random cars off the street is adjustable. Enter any integer above 3 to change the likelihood of random theft. ( Default is 50. Lower means it will happen more, higher means less. WARNING: Do not set below 3 or script may crash!) This will also affect how often they steal your vehicle.

Known bugs: Occasionally, car thief will give up ride for another.

COPYRIGHT: Please do not upload this mod anywhere else. If you use this mod in one of your own, please be kind enough to give credit.

Enjoy

Prof. Farnsworth

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

FINALLY! AWESOME!
I always looked for realistic way to get rid of unused cars - blowing them up wasn't the way out. I thought about some kind of tow-truck service mod, but it would be too buggy (like tow-truck driving into a wall and the car not getting towed at all)
you're not only a gorgeus scripter, you have great imagination as well

Mr. Mysterious
  • Mr. Mysterious

LCPDFR Development

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Another great script from you, keep them coming smile.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:18 PM

Thank you so much for another excellent addition! icon14.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:49 PM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 19 May 2011 - 01:11 AM.

Really, really nice comments, thank you. happy.gif

Currently it only removes one car at a time, so huge traffic jams are a bit of a problem. I want to have multiple thieves depending on the number of vehicles but the arrays of arrays are causing some trouble. Soon though.

Thanks again, and please report any bugs, or suggestions...

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

LCPDFR Moderation Supervisor

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

Oh man, i must try it, sounds awesome! Gj again prof!

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

First of all, absolutely love it! Really makes the experience much more realistic seeing other peeps up to no good and I played around for a while just testing how it would react to a number of different situations. Enjoyed every moment of it & very happy to report it worked out through all types of shenanigans! icon14.gif

One of the funniest moments I've seen so far would be walking out from a save area to watch my only saved car getting jacked right in front of me an pulling off before I even thought to arm myself to grab it back! While I think that's pretty awesome and really enjoyed the moment others might not be to understanding if they're one of those "I drive the same exact car around all the time" type of players. (lulz) Maybe a setting in future versions to control the ability of the clean up crew to target the personal save location vehicles?

Also I noticed they can really pack a punch when they get inside a fire fight with the cops, is there a range of weapons they can use? I didn't notice any of them having it and sure it might be a bit out of place but do any of them wear armor? I think it would be hilarious if 10-20% of the time some overly prepared crew showed up instead of just the quick grab an go plainly dressed more common place operations. Sure most the time you'd never notice it or situationally it wouldn't matter, but the few times a conflict popped off where they gave everybody a run for their money would be awesome. panic.gif

'Goblin

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:20 AM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 19 May 2011 - 11:22 AM.

Oh man, i must try it, sounds awesome! Gj again prof!

Thanks, let me know what you think!

First of all, absolutely love it! Really makes the experience much more realistic seeing other peeps up to no good and I played around for a while just testing how it would react to a number of different situations. Enjoyed every moment of it & very happy to report it worked out through all types of shenanigans!

Perfect, I am glad someone put it through some tests, and thank you for doing it. I spent a lot of time getting rid of the same types of errors that plagued the fire inspector mod. (i.e. "What if ?" situations)

Maybe a setting in future versions to control the ability of the clean up crew to target the personal save location vehicles?

This is possible, but would probably be location based, so they wouldn't take any cars from that immediate area. I also had it so Niko's car never got taken, but it was meh. And honestly, if using all these mods and scripthook.net, anytime you want a certain vehicle, you can spawn it through the console. (I use the realistic damage mod so any vehicles I save are purely for convenience, as they don't last long lol.gif ) Also, the thieves will not target police or fire vehicles, so those can be saved without concern, although I think I forgot about FIB cars confused.gif

Also I noticed they can really pack a punch when they get inside a fire fight with the cops, is there a range of weapons they can use? I didn't notice any of them having it and sure it might be a bit out of place but do any of them wear armor? I think it would be hilarious if 10-20% of the time some overly prepared crew showed up instead of just the quick grab an go plainly dressed more common place operations. Sure most the time you'd never notice it or situationally it wouldn't matter, but the few times a conflict popped off where they gave everybody a run for their money would be awesome.

Armor is easily addable and I will put it in the next update for sure. Great idea! It will be random, and not synched up with the shootouts, so one may have it and one not. As for the weapons, they currently carry two. The other is the small machine gun (SMG? MP5? I can't recall) so they would do drive-by's, but they never did, and I have never seen them switch weapons. Not sure why though, since they are coded to be able to. Maybe because it is weaker? It is something I will have to look into.

I was apprehensive about even releasing this, as I only thought of it while testing other mods and seeing traffic halt because of a fist fight.

Glad you all are enjoying it.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

After way too long, I am finally updating this mod, with an extra addition. Notes are below, mod link should be updated in first post soon.

VERSION 2 UPDATES: - Crew now has a chance of spawning with a rocket launcher and armour.
- Increased default likelihood to steal random vehicles (can be adjusted in .ini).
- Optimized code
- Crew will now "circle" the vehicles less, are more likely to stop next to it.

****BONUS**** - Also included in the archive is a small script which makes AI drivers drive over dead bodies instead of stopping at them. It is not perfect, but it stops 30 car pile-ups from one ped dying in the street.

To Install, place the file "repossession.net" into your scripts directory.

gorgonut
  • gorgonut

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

Waiting to be uploaded in order to test it....
The idea of the drivers who drive over dead (hope not injured too) peds is very clever! icon14.gif

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (gorgonut @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 17:48)
Waiting to be uploaded in order to test it....
The idea of the drivers who drive over dead (hope not injured too) peds is very clever!  icon14.gif

Not injured, they have to be dead in order for it to work.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Hello any new on it? it appears to crash my game: 1.0.4

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (onetidd @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 11:39)
Hello any new on it? it appears to crash my game: 1.0.4

How do you mean it crashes your game? Can you post your scripthook.net log? Also, what other mods are you using?

I did test this on 1.0.4.0 and had no issues with crashing.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Well here it is:

013-02-28 00:19:18 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
at GTA.NetHook.Tick()
2013-02-28 00:19:20 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
at GTA.NetHook.Tick()

Dunno what to do ... i have these mods on it:
ArrestWarrant.Main'!
Ass.Ass'!
stealingCars.stealingCars'!
Interacting.Interacting'!
CQC.Fight'!
TestScriptCS.Smoking'!

And atleast:
RealTraffic.asi
Skorpro Parked Cars v1.3
SpeedoIV.asi

Please help me: GTA 4 1.0.4 VERSION I HAVE 8 GO OF RAM

I've removed it and my game is not crashing anymore...

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

I would guess that you have a lot of modded vehicles? Only thing I can think of that would cause crashes, as my mod is the only one you have that spawns peds and vehicles.

I will see if I can replicate a crash. but let me know if you have most or all of your cars modded.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hey,

Well yes i've almost all my cars modded...

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (onetidd @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 12:39)
Hey,

Well yes i've almost all my cars modded...

Does it crash the game (ie. out to the desktop), or just the script crashes?

If it is crashing the game, it may be when the crew spawns in a vehicle that is very high poly (they have no restrictions and can spawn in anything), the sudden memory draw could cause the crash.

I have seen the errors before, although not sure where they stem from, but they never seem to cause problems for me.

I would also like to know which version of scripthook.net are you using?

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Sorry i didn't see your msg i'm using the latest version of script hook

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users