• sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 19 2011, 17:51)
QUOTE (vinnygorgeous @ May 19 2011, 22:01)
Your know that the truth is still unknown right? They suspect that cannabis is at the very least a contributing factor to the onset of schizophrenia in a small number of people but they don't actually know. Which is exactly the same for the experts views your taking as gospel - they don't know either, so all this, "It's been proven" stuff is an exaggeration, you really should say "That based on what I've personally experienced and what I've read/seen, I like many others speculate that weed is in fact completely safe but I could be wrong it‘s just an educated guess" Because you can't possibly know, can you?

While I can't speak for schizophrenia, I have in the past been diagnosed with severe OCD and social anxiety. Long story short, I cured myself when I started smoking ganja. I mean if ganja truly causes mental illnesses, my OCD and social anxiety would've surely gotten worse, right? I really can't tell you how thankful I am to ganja for curing me.

@Josh, The people who were interviewed are functional schizophrenics, bro. If they weren't functional, they wouldn't have been able to acknowledge the fact that they are schizophrenic (which they did). wink.gif

This explains your entire mentality towards the drug. Basically, it's personal bias.

Josh
  • Josh

Raus Raus Fila Fila

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 19 2011, 17:51)
QUOTE (vinnygorgeous @ May 19 2011, 22:01)
Your know that the truth is still unknown right? They suspect that cannabis is at the very least a contributing factor to the onset of schizophrenia in a small number of people but they don't actually know. Which is exactly the same for the experts views your taking as gospel - they don't know either, so all this, "It's been proven" stuff is an exaggeration, you really should say "That based on what I've personally experienced and what I've read/seen, I like many others speculate that weed is in fact completely safe but I could be wrong it‘s just an educated guess" Because you can't possibly know, can you?

While I can't speak for schizophrenia, I have in the past been diagnosed with severe OCD and social anxiety. Long story short, I cured myself when I started smoking ganja. I mean if ganja truly causes mental illnesses, my OCD and social anxiety would've surely gotten worse, right? I really can't tell you how thankful I am to ganja for curing me.

@Josh, The people who were interviewed are functional schizophrenics, bro. If they weren't functional, they wouldn't have been able to acknowledge the fact that they are schizophrenic (which they did). wink.gif

OK, if I like ice-cream and I also have cancer would I wish to compromise my ability to eat ice-cream every day by saying that ice-cream could have caused my cancer? That's exactly the same situation and as siv said it looks more of a study on personal bias than on marijuana.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I don't think everyone in the study would have said the same thing (that it wasn't ganja that caused their schizophrenia) if that were the case.

Besides, considering the severity of schizophrenia, I'm pretty sure that people would stop smoking ganja if it was ganja that caused it.

But it wasn't.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

I think it would be OK to handle it like the Dutch´s are doing it. I don´t see a social problem there due to their liberal drug politics.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:35 PM Edited by Warlord., 20 May 2011 - 03:40 PM.

Just wanted to remind everyone that if the lies being spread by anti-ganja organisations which say that ganja causes mental illnesses are true, the rate of schizophrenia absolutely cannot continue to be stable at ~1%.

Considering how ganja use is increasing steadily and how a significant proportion of the world's population use ganja, with some of these people being heavy users, atleast a quarter of the world's population should be schizophrenic now if ganja caused truly schizophrenia. Surely the rate of schizophrenia would have atleast jumped to 2% if ganja truly caused schizophrenia.

But it hasn't. The rate of schizophrenia has been stable at ~1% for a long time now. Why is it that these 'studies' which spread lies about ganja causing schizophrenia aren't consistent with reality?

Why isn't the majority of the Rastafarian community comprised of schizophrenics?

Because 'ganja causing mental illnesses' is nothing but a lie spread by anti-ganja organisations.

This is nothing more than Reefer Madness V2. In time, people who believe in this will look back and laugh at it just like what is happening with Reefer Madness V1 today. I would've expected the people today to disregard this lie sooner, as it is not consistent with the facts of reality, but it is what it is.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:02 PM Edited by sivispacem, 20 May 2011 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 16:35)
More propaganda

Just to remind you, but your biased by personal experience. No-one is taking what you say as gospel, because you are utterly insistent about something which even the scientific community cannot make up it's mind on. Besides, why would the smoking of cannabis demonstrate a marked, recent increase the schizophrenia rate anyway? There's not suddenly been a massive surge in people smoking it, the number has fluctuated over the last two generations or so but hasn't increased that dramatically, and Schizophrenia is an illness that's only been properly understood and catalogued over the last 30 or so years, so exactly what can you base your statement on?

Your constant claims of your statements being "reality" and everything else being "anti-ganja lies" strike me as nothing more than the arrogant and wholly absurd ramblings of someone who can't face up to the prospect that there is a chance that he might be wrong. It's pathetic.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:21 PM Edited by Warlord., 20 May 2011 - 04:24 PM.

QUOTE (sivispacem @ May 20 2011, 21:32)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 16:35)
More propaganda

Besides, why would the smoking of cannabis demonstrate a marked, recent increase the schizophrenia rate anyway? There's not suddenly been a massive surge in people smoking it, the number has fluctuated over the last two generations or so but hasn't increased that dramatically, and Schizophrenia is an illness that's only been properly understood and catalogued over the last 30 or so years, so exactly what can you base your statement on?

Why wouldn't it? If the lies being spread by anti-ganja organisations that ganja causes mental illnesses are true, it has to cause some kind of increase in the rates of mental illnesses, but it hasn't. The rates for schizophrenia, for example, continues to be stable at ~1%.

The use of ganja is increasing steadily worldwide. I think it's safe to say that around half of the world's population smokes ganja, I don't have anything to back this up as I can't find statistics, but it makes sense as ganja is the most widely used illegal substance.

The fact is, if the lies anti-ganja organisations are spreading about ganja causing schizophrenia are true, the rate of schizophrenia cannot be stable at ~1%. This is common sense.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 17:21)
Why wouldn't it? If the lies being spread by anti-ganja organisations that ganja causes mental illnesses are true, it has to cause some kind of increase in the rates of mental illnesses, but it hasn't. The rates for schizophrenia, for example, continues to be stable at ~1%.

The use of ganja is increasing steadily worldwide. I think it's safe to say that around half of the world's population smokes ganja, I don't have anything to back this up as I can't find statistics, but it makes sense as ganja is the most widely used illegal substance.

The fact is, if the lies anti-ganja organisations are spreading about ganja causing schizophrenia are true, the rate of schizophrenia cannot be stable at ~1%. This is common sense.

Why? Why would it increase? How is it common sense?

An example, if you will.

Say, you take a sample of 100,000 people, taken over 10 years. Say, 100,000 of them are regular cannabis users, and the average schizophrenia rate across the population is 1%. If that is 5% for cannabis users, and 0.5 for non-users, then the overall schizophrenia rate would be a steady 1% (actually a little under 1% according to my maths), unless there was a massive increase in cannabis users over a very short time then there wouldn't be any tangible increase in schizophrenia rate. We haven't seen any massive increases in cannabis use, so therefore one would not expect to see any increase in the average schizophrenia rate.

Your entire argument is built on flawed logic.

Half the worlds population does not smoke ganja. In most countries where statistics exist, it ranges between 0.3 and 40%. Source. Overall, the percentage is probably around 8-10%. So very very far from 50%. And the use of it is not increasing dramatically, far from it in fact. Evidence of recent, significant drop in cannabis use in the UK. I'm not sure how that relates to the rest of the world, but the idea that cannabis use is "increasing steadily worldwide" just isn't true. Which somewhat scuppers your entire argument.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

So according to that source the Canadians are the biggest pot heads, interesting.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ May 20 2011, 22:15)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 17:21)

Why? Why would it increase? How is it common sense?

An example, if you will.

Say, you take a sample of 100,000 people, taken over 10 years. Say, 100,000 of them are regular cannabis users, and the average schizophrenia rate across the population is 1%. If that is 5% for cannabis users, and 0.5 for non-users, then the overall schizophrenia rate would be a steady 1% (actually a little under 1% according to my maths), unless there was a massive increase in cannabis users over a very short time then there wouldn't be any tangible increase in schizophrenia rate. We haven't seen any massive increases in cannabis use, so therefore one would not expect to see any increase in the average schizophrenia rate.

Your entire argument is built on flawed logic.

Half the worlds population does not smoke ganja. In most countries where statistics exist, it ranges between 0.3 and 40%. Source. Overall, the percentage is probably around 8-10%. So very very far from 50%. And the use of it is not increasing dramatically, far from it in fact. Evidence of recent, significant drop in cannabis use in the UK. I'm not sure how that relates to the rest of the world, but the idea that cannabis use is "increasing steadily worldwide" just isn't true. Which somewhat scuppers your entire argument.

Please go through this study. It shows clearly how during periods of increased consumption of ganja, the rates of schizophrenia have not increased and in some cases have decreased as well.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 18:31)
Please go through this study. It shows clearly how during periods of increased consumption of ganja, the rates of schizophrenia have not increased and in some cases have decreased as well.

...But the increases in consumption have never been large enough to actually increase the baseline. You'd need something like a 15% increase in cannabis smokers over a one-year period to have even 1% increase in schizophrenia rates. That doesn't mean that the reports saying that cannabis substantially increases the chances of getting schizophrenia are wrong in any way, just that the base rate for non-smokers is so low that you need a substantial increase in smokers to overcome that.
And don't you rather think a study that's hosted by a cannabis activists organisation is going to be at least partially biased? They're hardly going to host one saying "cannabis causes increases in mental illness", it's not in their interests to. Has it not occurred to you that there are a massive number of other factors that can affect rates of mental illness, rather than just cannabis? That study proves absolutely nothing.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ May 21 2011, 00:11)
QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 18:31)

...But the increases in consumption have never been large enough to actually increase the baseline. You'd need something like a 15% increase in cannabis smokers over a one-year period to have even 1% increase in schizophrenia rates. That doesn't mean that the reports saying that cannabis substantially increases the chances of getting schizophrenia are wrong in any way, just that the base rate for non-smokers is so low that you need a substantial increase in smokers to overcome that.
And don't you rather think a study that's hosted by a cannabis activists organisation is going to be at least partially biased? They're hardly going to host one saying "cannabis causes increases in mental illness", it's not in their interests to. Has it not occurred to you that there are a massive number of other factors that can affect rates of mental illness, rather than just cannabis? That study proves absolutely nothing.

This is something which every 'study' that spreads the lie that ganja causes mental illnesses does not take into account.

The study I provided is a direct response to these studies.

The study isn't conducted by the site, it's conducted by an independent organisation.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:17 PM

No.

People make excuses saying 'it's healthy', but there is nothing good at it. It's a fallacy.
I can't imagine my father or mother smoking weed. It's so... weird? lol.gif whatsthat.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Seems like we have another representative of D.A.R.E here in addition to Zdan. dozingoff.gif

creat3d22
  • creat3d22

Habs fan, for about 2 weeks every year...

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:38 PM Edited by creat3d22, 20 May 2011 - 07:44 PM.

QUOTE (TheBlackProject @ May 16 2011, 19:38)
At least mention what country you're talking about, I'll assume you're talking about the United States so here we go. I'm a liberal, so I believe marijuana should be legalized but only through a doctor prescription. Drug dealing should still be illegal for obvious reasons, but some of the same rules should apply (do not drive intoxicated, do not go to school/work intoxicated, etc). When I went to San Francisco, some of the cops didn't give a sh*t when they saw someone on the busy urban sidewalks smoking a blunt. That must be an explanation of why it's the most liberal city in America and perhaps the Western hemisphere too.

If it's in the US, there's no way it's the most liberal city of the hemisphere.

Regarding studies... anyone claiming that cannabis heightens the risk of schizophrenia is probably also convinced that it kills your brain cells...
I think it'll take A LONG TIME to recover from that bullsh*t study from the 70's (or was it 80's?) that demonstrated how it kills the cells... basically they fed monkeys cannabis smoke for 5 minutes non-stop, ever day for a month... Yeah, if I breath nothing but smoke for 5 minutes every day I'm pretty sure my brain will suffer, as will most of my body.

Also, why is it that the majority of people against weed either never smoked it themselves, smoked and had a bad trip or simply knew someone on whom it had a terrible effect? Hint: your experience does not equal the norm.

Finally... if you can't drive after smoking weed, one or the other isn't for you.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 19:49)
The study I provided is a direct response to these studies.

The study isn't conducted by the site, it's conducted by an independent organisation.

No it does not. The study discusses the prevalence of mental illnesses related to cannabis as part of the wider population, but doesn't directly address it's relationship to cannabis, as information purtaining to regular cannabis use in the UK cannot be gained from medical or criminal records- only the class of drug (A/B/C) is referred to in documentation- as is said in the paper itself.
Plus, have a read of these quotes.

QUOTE (That article)

In terms of the model set out in the Introduction, the expected rise in diagnoses of schizophrenia and psychoses did not occur over a 10 year period. This study does not therefore support the specific causal link between cannabis use and the incidence of psychotic disorders based on the 3 assumptions described in the Introduction. This concurs with other reports indicating that increases in population cannabis use have not been followed by increases in psychotic incidence (Macleod et al., 2006; Arsenault et al., 2004; Rey and Tennant, 2002). However, it is not in line with findings of a rise in first admission rates for psychotic disorders among young people in Zurich following increases in cannabis availability and consumption (Ajdacic-Gross et al., 2007). One factor involved in this discrepancy may be the potency of the cannabis consumed, whi ch var  ies  cons iderably within Europe (EMCDDA, 2008). In addition, a Netherlands study found that high-potency cannabis obtained from ‘coffee shops’ led to higher levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in the blood, with young males aged 18–45 at particular risk

The paper itself does not discount the principal that cannabis can cause mental illnesses, as I've said above. Their conclusion is extremely careful to say that there are an enormous number of other mitigating factors involved, such as the trend for people diagnosed with a variety of less serious mental illnesses to avoid having to go through the regular GP/hospital route, environmental factors et cetera. The study nowhere says "this effectively proves that cannabis does not cause psychosis"- you'd have to be drunk, moronic or utterly deluded to get that message out of it.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:52 PM Edited by Warlord., 20 May 2011 - 09:21 PM.

Yeah I went through the entire study and saw everything you quoted.

Ever considered the fact that this study may be saying the study in Zurich is false?

As for the second bit in bold, you forgot to quote a crucial part of the sentence. The actual sentence is:

In addition, a Netherlands study found that high-potency cannabis obtained from ‘coffee shops’ led to higher levels of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in the blood, with young males aged 18–45 at particular risk for excessive consumption

You're trying to give the sentence a whole new meaning by not quoting a crucial part of the sentence.

The fact remains that if the lie spread by anti-ganja organisations that ganja causes mental illnesses is true, the amount of schizophrenics should increase. As shown in the above study, during periods of increased ganja use, the rates for neither schizophrenia nor psychosis increased and in some instances even decreased.

The study clearly states at the beginning:

Based on literature suggesting a) an elevated risk of
developing schizophrenia/psychosis among cannabis users,
b) a substantial rise in cannabis use in the UK from the mid-
1970s onwards and c) an assumed elevated risk of 20 years,
this model would predict a corresponding increase in
schizophrenia/psychosis during our study period.

Did the study show a corresponding increase in schizophrenia/psychosis during a period where there was an increased use of ganja? No. The schizophrenia and psychosis rates remained stable and at times even decreased, which would mean that ganja did not cause mental illnesses.

I guess the 'researchers' who conducted the 'studies' which spread the lie that ganja causes mental illnesses were too busy screaming 'Reefer Madness!' to realise how Cannabidol, a cannabinoid in ganja which is a very strong antipsychotic is proven to cure schizophrenia.

Even Lester Greenspoon, an MD at Harvard who has been studying ganja since 1967 denies that ganja causes mental illnesses and that if ganja truly did cause mental illnesses the rates of mental illnesses would have 'more than doubled since the 1970s', but this is not the case. The rate for schizophrenia, for example, remains stable at 1%. He also speaks of how flawed the studies that claim ganja causes mental illnesses are.

But hey, none of this would matter to a person who's believing in Reefer Madness V2. It's the 50s all over again.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 21:52)
Ever considered the fact that this study may be saying the study in Zurich is false?

I give up debating this with you. Have you considered the idea that the studies you are quoting may be incorrect? Or is everything that disagrees with your opinion automatically wrong?

Like I've said before, I concede that evidence points both ways in this, and there's a lot of confusion and disagreement. Hell, as I've said before, I'd happily eat my words if a conclusive study came out that was large, effective and accountable enough to override all of those that came before it. But until then I will continue to believe that there is a chance it causes cancer, and mental illness. If you are unwilling to accept that that is a possibility, then fine, but it is you whose failing to take into account the evidence that doesn't support your side, claiming that anything that goes against your own narrow views is wrong or part of some shady ulterior plot to discredit ganja. Congratulations, you've "won" the argument by making yourself look like a fanatical pillock.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:58 PM Edited by Warlord., 20 May 2011 - 11:04 PM.

It was never about winning.

I reject 'studies' which say that ganja causes mental illnesses or cancer as they are not consistent with what's actually happening in the world, which is ganja curing all types of cancers as well as curing mental illnesses. It has never caused cancer or any mental illness.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:15 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 20 May 2011 - 11:18 PM.

I´ve read about a study that states:
Once the humans brain is not grown up to it´s final state (as it may be with young people/teenagers), Ganja MAY cause something like mental disease when used excessive.
I personally think that sound not too exaggerated. This study also states that it would be no problem with fully grown adults, when they smoke a spliff per day. Using waterpipes may be different.

Important seems to be when the smoking starts in relation to the brains internal development. I cannot provide a source, I´ve read this years ago in a newspaper but I can remember pretty clear.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

False.

Ganja does not damage the brain in any way, even if it's used by a person whose brain has not fully developed. There are studies which show how mothers smoking ganja heavily while pregnant has not hindered the development of the child in any way or caused abnormalities in the development of the child. Studies:

Study which shows no changes in brain structure in adolescents who smoke ganja (includes MRI scans)

Study which shows that ganja use while pregnant does not hinder the development of children in any way (longitudinal study)

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 11:55 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 21 May 2011 - 01:08 AM.

Of course, it may be wrong what I´ve heard there.
I think it is possible to discuss about studies all the day and night, no progress. The pros and cons will compensate each other mostly, don´t you think?
Personally I think this drug (yes, it´s a drug) can be used with responsibility and care, maybe laws (like alcohol).
But like all things on planet earth: A fail is possible, may it healthy or mental due to abuse.

Generally I say always: Keep your hands away from drugs although my past life may collide with this statement. blush.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:08 AM

Well, some people are going to always read and trust the studies that are on their side of the argument and then condemn anyone who says otherwise.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 20 2011, 23:58)
It was never about winning.

I reject 'studies' which say that ganja causes mental illnesses or cancer as they are not consistent with what's actually happening in the world, which is ganja curing all types of cancers as well as curing mental illnesses. It has never caused cancer or any mental illness.

Based on what? One spurious and difficult to penetrate paper that comes to no real conclusions, and says quite clearly in it that a significant quantity of other papers disagree with it? Utterly absurd.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:53 AM

Since you believe in Reefer Madness V2 and seem to dislike ganja, nothing I say will make you see the truth, bro. So, if you truly believe in the lie spread by anti-ganja organisations that ganja causes mental illnesses and cancers, which many experts on the subject disagree with as well as not being consistent with reality, you're free to do so.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 21 2011, 11:53)
Since you believe in Reefer Madness V2 and seem to dislike ganja, nothing I say will make you see the truth, bro. So, if you truly believe in the lie spread by anti-ganja organisations that ganja causes mental illnesses and cancers, which many experts on the subject disagree with as well as not being consistent with reality, you're free to do so.

You are utterly, completely deluded.

I am perfectly aware that there is a chance that ganja is harmless, or at least relatively harmless. However, not all the evidence indicates that it's harmless, far from it in fact. So I am open to the possibility I might be wrong, but rather sitting on the fence about the whole thing. I used to smoke quite a lot when I was younger, but quit some years back because I found it a bit pointless and it certainly wasn't doing me any good. In fact, in terms of "positive results", I've made more worthwhile of my life by taking amphetamines than I have cannabis. This isn't a matter of me being against the use of cannabis- far from it, people should be free to do whatever they want. But to deny the existence or validity of reports, medical papers and anything else that contradicts your point of view as part of some absurd conspiracy to ensure the scientific world never reveals the true "value" of ganja is about as sensible as claiming that fluffy pink unicorns live on the moon.

It is you whose ideas aren't consistent with reality, whose ideas better reflect madness. If you want to continue believing blindly that there's no chance cannabis can have any negative effects, then go ahead, my reasoned arguments aren't going to stop you. But at the end of the day, it's going to be you who comes across as a fanatic, someone whose twisted their perception of reality to match some convoluted and poorly constructed mental argument. Hmm, sounds like psychosis to me. Must be all the ganja you smoke. wink.gif

I don't think you realise quite how stupid your comments sounds.

vinnygorgeous
  • vinnygorgeous

"Crash JP Morgan buy silver"

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (NaidRaida @ May 21 2011, 00:15)
I´ve read about a study that states:
Once the humans brain is not grown up to it´s final state (as it may be with young people/teenagers), Ganja MAY cause something like mental disease when used excessive.
I personally think that sound not too exaggerated. This study also states that it would be no problem with fully grown adults, when they smoke a spliff per day. Using waterpipes may be different.

Important seems to be when the smoking starts in relation to the brains internal development. I cannot provide a source, I´ve read this years ago in a newspaper but I can remember pretty clear.

I remember this study, the author said she would rather her teenage daughter experimented with heroin than weed because it permanently alters the development of the brain, smoke as a teenager and you will be a different person to the one you would have been weed free. When I was at school drugs education was a joke, they gave us a booklet with prices, which to me was like being handed an Argos catalogue for things that I didn't really know about but thought sounded like the greatest things on earth. We should be listening to people like the aforementioned report's author, can't remember her name and more importantly professor David Nutt. Politicians have greatly distorted the drug issue there is no denying that, even going as far as to knowingly propagate false medical evidence but I have a hard time accepting that people like Nutt are part of some anti ganja conspiracy, I fact in relation to drugs he is my preferred source - of knowledge that is I’m not implying I score from him.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (vinnygorgeous @ May 21 2011, 18:13)
I remember this study, the author said she would rather her teenage daughter experimented with heroin than weed because it permanently alters the development of the brain, smoke as a teenager and you will be a different person to the one you would have been weed free. When I was at school drugs education was a joke, they gave us a booklet with prices, which to me was like being handed an Argos catalogue for things that I didn't really know about but thought sounded like the greatest things on earth. We should be listening to people like the aforementioned report's author, can't remember her name and more importantly professor David Nutt. Politicians have greatly distorted the drug issue there is no denying that, even going as far as to knowingly propagate false medical evidence but I have a hard time accepting that people like Nutt are part of some anti ganja conspiracy, I fact in relation to drugs he is my preferred source - of knowledge that is I’m not implying I score from him.

Well that goes to show how credible she is.

She must have missed the study that shows no change in brain structure of teenagers who smoke ganja as well as the study that shows that pregnant mothers who smoke ganja do not harm the development of the baby in any way and even improves the development of the babies.

Josh
  • Josh

Raus Raus Fila Fila

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:41 PM

What I find more worrying is the fact that there are so many contradicting studies. I'm quite happy sitting on the fence.

NaidRaida
  • NaidRaida

Inactive user

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:29 PM Edited by NaidRaida, 21 May 2011 - 04:38 PM.

QUOTE (Josh @ May 21 2011, 15:41)
What I find more worrying is the fact that there are so many contradicting studies. I'm quite happy sitting on the fence.

That would probably increase a more critical way to think about these studies. Especially when you´re orientated liberaly.

---

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ May 21 2011, 06:08)
Well, some people are going to always read and trust the studies that are on their side of the argument and then condemn anyone who says otherwise.

I think "believing in just mostly theroretical studies" can help and you´ll gain information but the social aspect of Ganja smoking is completely kept out of that. You´ll need an open mind... interpret that like you wish. colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users