537 replies to this topic
Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE nlitement,Thursday, Nov 22 2012, 14:07

I believe that legalisation likely comes with a slight hike initially as some people would try it out, then it would go slightly down again, with steady growth for a year or so and any change in usage after that would be based on factors unrelated to legality. As I recall from recent reading, cannabis has become more widely used amongst young adults and teenagers in Scandinavia, while alcohol and smoking has gone down, despite virtually no changes in law. Interestingly enough, the Netherlands, the only place in the world at the moment (besides Colorado and Washington) with de facto legalised marijuana, have less cannabis users as a percentage of population than Denmark, Canada, Australia, Italy, or France.

That is plausible. The question that we may try to find an answer to, however, is to what extent the marijuana usage will increase, and how it will keep on going, and how it will affect the society and its people.

I also recalled that cannabis is more widely used among young people in Scandinavia. I have friends who have used it or use other forms of more powerful drugs. While it is interesting that the Netherlands have legalised marijuana and have less cannabis users I am not sure if there is any direct link between legalization and lower usage. The alcohol consumption has gone down here in Sweden despite no change in terms of law.

There's no logic in this. When you go buy some folköl from the supermarket, or even hard liquor from state-owned outlets, you're not prompted to start taking other drugs. The status quo, funnily enough, is what gets people into the "drug sphere". Since the sale of marijuana is pretty much an illicit trade, anybody involved in that trade is much more likely to be involved in other forms of illegal activities, including the use of harder drugs, etc. With legalisation, there would be a clear legal wall of isolation between marijuana & alcohol, and harder drugs..

Folköl has 3,5 % alcohol content. Age restriction is 18 years old. Folköl is less addictive than any other alcohol beverage you buy at Systembolaget. Studies have shown that young people who use alcohol are more likely to become addicted to it at an older age. If marijuana is legalized it may aswell have the same effect.

Even with legalization I cannot personally find a reason to why people that use marijuana would steer away from more harmfull drugs. I believe it may be more likely that they do not do that.

It most definitely will, but it will be punishable the way purchasing alcohol is. Keep in mind that, since the purchase of cannabis is currently illegal in most places, there is absolutely no incentive for the dealer to require you to be over 18. In a large number of areas in the US, it's easier for teens to get hold of marijuana than it is to get liquor, because it's easier to get access to drug dealers who don't ask for ID than it is to get someone over 21 to buy you alcohol.

I am not sure that marijuana usage would decrease if legalized. People may aswell think that since it is legal they can try it out because it becomes more socially acceptable like alcohol. Even though it may be easy to get hold on marijuana in certain countries and/or areas that does not necessary speaks for legalization as the only solution to decrease it. The problem may be tied to social problems, or laws that may require reforms, or simply busts against the use of marijuana.

Ideally, anybody around under 20 shouldn't be taking mind-altering substances regularly. Especially alcohol. Marijuana too, but the harm done by alcohol is still worse.

Marijuana have negative effects on out cognitive abilities especially if were speaking about longterm use. Despression, anxiety, memory problems and problems linked to problem solving, delusions, is some of the effects.
I recommend that nobody take marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, coke, coffee, or any other drug in such amounts that damages their health significantly. The key is moderation.

This is the problem: marijuana causes far more badly long-term effects than alcohol especially for young people. Their cognitive ability is negatively affected especially in the age 13-20. Marijuana also causes other complications as smoking in general does. The way I see it alcohol is already a problem and I do not think that one health problem speaks for adding another.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by sivispacem, 06 February 2013 - 07:49 AM.

I don't care if anyone smokes weed, it doesn't affect me. I say legalize it.

- Please keep posts to the required standards -

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Cyper @ Sunday, Nov 25 2012, 14:14)
The question that we may try to find an answer to, however, is to what extent the marijuana usage will increase, and how it will keep on going, and how it will affect the society and its people.

this statement is pretty naive.

human beings have been smoking marijuana for thousands and thousands of years with no negative impact to society at large.
it was only made illegal for the last 120 years or so. of course marijuana usage will go up when you legalize it again, because people never really stopped using it to begin with. the only people who did were those who were afraid of getting busted or had a job that tested for it.

a lot more people smoke pot than will even admit it because of the legal stigma.
if someone really wants to smoke pot today they'll find a way around the law regardless. and even if marijuana usage increased after legalization; who cares? marijuana is the least toxic and most beneficial recreational drug known to man. it's far safer than alcohol and tobacco.

Even with legalization I cannot personally find a reason to why people that use marijuana would steer away from more harmfull drugs. I believe it may be more likely that they do not do that.

this statement is also very ignorant.

the Gateway Drug theory has no credibility. the only real Gateway Drug is an unregulated criminal industry.
in every situation on Earth that a state or province has legalized or decriminalized marijuana, hard drug use has actually declined across the board.

there is nothing to suggest that the legalization of pot leads to anyone trying more harmful drugs.

marijuana causes far more badly long-term effects than alcohol especially for young people.

I'm sorry but this is grade-A bullsh*t.
there is no science to suggest that pot smoking is more dangerous than alcohol consumption for young people.

now there IS plenty of science to suggest that ANY mind-altering substance is bad for the young/developing brain. we all know this. young people shouldn't get intoxicated at all. they should wait until they are at least 18-20 before getting drunk or high (if they want to).

and that's exactly why legalizing marijuana would actually improve the situation.
when marijuana is illegal and the market is left unregulated - in the hands of criminals - then NOTHING is stopping teenagers from getting their hands on it. but when marijuana is made LEGAL and the market is REGULATED - taken out of the hands of criminals - then you can actually control how it is sold and who has access to buying it.

when it's illegal, it's like the Wild West.
the only proven method for combating drug use is to legalize and control the industry.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

"Yeah man Marijuana never hurt anyone. That's why I'm overweight, socially inept and spend all day masturbating and eating cheetos."
Marijuana is one of the safest drugs to use however that doesn't mean it's good for you. All those people who use it every day and see it as some miracle herb need to re evaluate there life imo.
Don't abuse it. Use it every fortnight or month. You keep your tolerance down, keep a clear head and have magical soul searching revealing experiences rather than smoking it then eating cereal and listening to rap music. Sure that's fun but do you really wanna spend msot of your life eating cereal and listening to rap music.
No.
Your'e not a black man after all.

It also saves money.
But yeah legalise that sh*t.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 12:48)
"Yeah man Marijuana never hurt anyone. That's why I'm overweight, socially inept and spend all day masturbating and eating cheetos."

oh please dozingoff.gif

if someone is a loser, they're gonna' be a loser with or without marijuana.
marijuana - like virtually any intoxicant - only amplifies the kind of person you already are.

if you're a lazy piece of sh*t while sober, you're definitely gonna' be a lazy piece of sh*t while high.
it's not the pot that causes you to be this way. it's you.

Marijuana is one of the safest drugs to use however that doesn't mean it's good for you. All those people who use it every day and see it as some miracle herb need to re evaluate there life imo.

yes.
we all know people who smoke too much pot and are lazy jerks. just like we all know people who drink too much.

but for every stoner loser there's a stoner success.
I know plenty of people (myself and my girlfriend included) who smoke pot regularly (few times a week) AND graduated college AND have real jobs. you can smoke pot and be a perfectly normal/functional member of society. you don't have to limit your pot use to once in a "fortnight" or once a month either. you just have to know who you are and what your limitations are and treat it with respect like any mature adult would treat anything else... coffee, cigarettes, donuts, etc.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

I agree with the above post, marijuana and how it affects you, as with any drug is subjective to the person.
I know people who have been smoking constantly for over 10 years and they have jobs and families, likewise I know people who have bi-polar and psychosis because of prolonged use (along with other drugs, I should say).

I am a supporter of cannabis use, however I find most users blind support of it extremely naive.
Firstly, cannabis is indeed a "gateway drug", although again this is subjective to the person, some people may smoke weed habitually and never touch anything else, however after I started smoking I've tried MDMA, 2C-B, along with other drugs which I wouldn't have considered doing if I hadn't first smoked cannabis. Cannabis introduces you to that world, you will probably meet people who do other drugs and it will go on from there, but as I said, it depends on the pesron.

Secondly, cannabis is addictive. This might get some controversy but I stand by it. While it is not physically addictive like crack or heroin, after prolonged use you can become extremely dependent. I myself feel edgy and wound up when I haven't smoked in a while, but I know people who can't function without weed, they spend all their money on it and have a nice future with depression and mental illness to look forward to.

Having said all this, cannabis is truly an amazing thing, I have had nearly all my best experiences whilst stoned with my mates, but like any drug you must respect it's power, if you treat it right you will have a huge amount of fun, but if you misuse it it will mess you up, sometimes to the point you can't return.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sure legalisation might be good for the individual user but do you really want the government controlling another aspect of your life.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 14:53)
Sure legalisation might be good for the individual user but do you really want the government controlling another aspect of your life.

Don't they already, seen as they have the power to fine, imprison and generally ruin people's lives for merely possessing illicit substances?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 06:53)

you seem to be confused.
legalization = more liberty, not less.

the way marijuana is treated right now - as Sivis briefly pointed out - actually results in more tyrannical "control" than ever before.
marijuana has only been illegal for about 125 years. prior to about the turn of the last century, marijuana had no legal designation one way or the other. it was just another plant. it had been this way since the dawn of time.

when it's illegal, the government is controlling your life. getting busted for the smallest amounts results in a lifetime of stigma that makes it difficult to get a good job, health insurance, and a variety of other negative factors. when it's LEGAL, then YOU are in control of your life. you can choose to do it or not; taking responsibility for your own actions. you can't be punished arbitrarily.

Jriv
  • Jriv

十THE R34P3R

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Hello to this topic

Mr. Madness
  • Mr. Madness

Beating the odds and dead horses

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

From personal experience, the "few" times that I've smoked and successfully gotten high, my determination to do well dropped sharply for a couple sober days afterwards. These accounts answered my question. That is: Does marijuana make people lazy, or do lazy people do marijuana?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Madness @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 11:03)
From personal experience, the "few" times that I've smoked and successfully gotten high, my determination to do well dropped sharply for a couple sober days afterwards. These accounts answered my question. That is: Does marijuana make people lazy, or do lazy people do marijuana?

anecdotes don't mean sh*t.

because guess what?
whenever I get high, it tends to spark my creative outlets and makes me feel motivated to go out and do things like pick up an old project, do some writing, play my guitar, meet up with friends, play some soccer etc.

so who is right?
your personal story doesn't mean anything.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Madness @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 17:03)

Were you smoking sativa, indica or hybrid weed? That can make a lot of difference with regards to laziness. Most of the buds and hash round here arre indic/indica dominant, so doing anything more effort-filled than putting something in the microwave can seem like waaaaaaay too much effort when high.

I'd love to be able to try a few sativas, especially the more traditional landrace strains, and being able to source said landrace sativa strains would be a lot easier with legalisation than the current situation.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

I've honestly never seen a good argument against marijuana.

Anything made against it could also be used against caffeine, nicotine, alcohol ect..

People like drugs. Drugs have been around for a very long time, and surely they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I don't even necessarily think if we legalized all drugs that people would suddenly run out and start shooting up heroin or anything. I feel if we properly educate children on drugs then there really shouldn't be an issue..

Marijuana is one of the less harmful drugs out there, my statistics may be a little off but iirc cigarettes and pharmaceuticals alone kill more people in one year then all those hard illegal drugs do combined. People shouldn't be so worried about what others do in the privacy of their own homes. If a man wants to chill and eat cheetos while stoned then let him, nobody should be in the position to tell us what we can and cannot do if it's not harming anyone but ourselves.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 03:30)
Marijuana is one of the less harmful drugs out there, my statistics may be a little off but iirc cigarettes and pharmaceuticals alone kill more people in one year then all those hard illegal drugs do combined.

Your statistics are correct I believe, but slightly misleading. Cigarettes and prescription drugs do indeed kill more people, but both are used by a much higher percentage of the population than any or all illicit substances. Numbers of habitual and problem users are also higher. The real question is whether legal substances kill more people per head of population taking them than illicit ones- which I've never actually been able to find any statistics to demonstrate one way or another. I imagine in the cases of certain illicit substances- cannabis, MDMA, the Phenethylamine series, et cetera- the fatality rate per habitual user is significantly below that of prescription drugs. In other cases- heroin and crack cocaine, for instance- it is probably much higher.

Scott.
  • Scott.

Norwich's finest

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

I think its simple - if you look over a year how many deaths alcohol and cigarettes cause, you'll find your answer. I mean I know alcohol and cigarettes are used more freely as they are legal, but lets be honest, weed isn't hard to get hold of, and obviously they use marijuana for some forms of medical treatment...only problem with legalising weed is that there will probably be more of a food shortage lol.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (brownbear @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 22:49)
Firstly, cannabis is indeed a "gateway drug", although again this is subjective to the person, some people may smoke weed habitually and never touch anything else, however after I started smoking I've tried MDMA, 2C-B, along with other drugs which I wouldn't have considered doing if I hadn't first smoked cannabis. Cannabis introduces you to that world, you will probably meet people who do other drugs and it will go on from there, but as I said, it depends on the pesron.

That's entirely because marijuana presently is illegal. If it were legalised and placed into the same legal category as alcohol and cigarettes, then there would be a massive division between that and harder drugs. However, for as long as marijuana is illegal, and as long as its production and sale is regulated by criminal gangs interested in making a profit, then of course it's going to be tied into the world of cocaine use, methamphetamine use, heroin use etc. I know you're probably not intending to come across this way, but one could infer from what you're saying that marijuana chemically encourages your brain to try and take harder drugs, and would still be a gateway drug if fully legalised; there's no evidence to suggest that that's the case at all.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 02:30)
Marijuana is one of the less harmful drugs out there, my statistics may be a little off but iirc cigarettes and pharmaceuticals alone kill more people in one year then all those hard illegal drugs do combined.

I agree that Marijuana is one of the less harmful drugs out there but because its not used as much as cigarettes and pharmaceuticals you cannot tell if it is more harmful than the two. At the end of the day, I will never do drugs but some people will and it isn't hard to get hold of so I don't think legalizing will be a problem... yet.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 03:10)
I agree that Marijuana is one of the less harmful drugs out there but because its not used as much as cigarettes and pharmaceuticals you cannot tell if it is more harmful than the two.

sorry but you're wrong about this.
marijuana has been used by more people than cigarettes and pharmaceuticals combined.

you have to remember that cigarettes have only existed for a few hundred years.
and pharmaceuticals have only existed for about 125 years.

but humans have been smoking or consuming marijuana for thousands of years.
that's because marijuana just grows that way. all you have to do is grow it, harvest it, and smoke it. tobacco and pharmaceuticals require a technology and knowledge that didn't come about until much more recently.

marijuana has been used for much, much longer by many more people.
we already know that it's basically harmless and impossible to overdose on.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

One of my mates has been smoking non stop since he was 14 and he still acts like a 14 year old. Could be something else to blame. But a high marijuana intake on a developing brain can't be good imo.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 02:17)
One of my mates has been smoking non stop since he was 14 and he still acts like a 14 year old. Could be something else to blame. But a high marijuana intake on a developing brain can't be good imo.

I don't know, I think my daily weed use might have actually helped me mature emotionally and philosophically, when I was eighteen.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 10:17)
a high marijuana intake on a developing brain can't be good imo.

no you're right.

that's why legal marijuana needs to be treated with the same respect as legal alcohol and legal tobacco.
you can't sell it to anyone under the age of 18 (at least) and you can't use it while driving, etc etc.

there is definitely plenty of sound research to support the fact that ANY drug is bad for the developing mind.
children shouldn't use drugs because their brains are still physically growing. there is hard evidence linking premature drug use to the premature onset of all sorts of mental problems like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

these problems do not occur in people who wait until they're adults to start smoking pot.
but the same thing goes for alcohol consumption. anything that f*cks with your mind and is bad for children.

QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 11:55)
I don't know, I think my daily weed use might have actually helped me mature emotionally and philosophically, when I was eighteen.

no see?
there's the difference.

you said you were 18.
that's much safer. the danger is only prevalent when you start too young, before you're 18.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Thursday, Mar 28 2013, 23:19)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Friday, Mar 29 2013, 03:30)

Your statistics are correct I believe, but slightly misleading. Cigarettes and prescription drugs do indeed kill more people, but both are used by a much higher percentage of the population than any or all illicit substances. Numbers of habitual and problem users are also higher. The real question is whether legal substances kill more people per head of population taking them than illicit ones- which I've never actually been able to find any statistics to demonstrate one way or another. I imagine in the cases of certain illicit substances- cannabis, MDMA, the Phenethylamine series, et cetera- the fatality rate per habitual user is significantly below that of prescription drugs. In other cases- heroin and crack cocaine, for instance- it is probably much higher.

That is true, I hadn't really thought of it in that way.

For the discussion at hand of marijuana though the numbers really speak for themselves.

Not one death has directly been related to marijuana... not one. Think about that.. More people die from peanuts than they do from marijuana lol.. to overdose you'd have to consume your own body weight in weed.. which would be impossible since after about your first ounce you'd be fast asleep haha.

Weed is a joke to imprison people for, they're ruining peoples lives by making it illegal and taking these people away from their homes and families for a non-violent 'crime' that only effects the user. Weed should be regulated just like alcohol so we can keep it out of the hands of children. I believe only a fully mature mind should partake in consuming marijuana, using drugs during your teen years increases chance of addiction tenfold.

Get it off the streets and out of the hands of children. Regulate it, tax it and create revenue.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 11:09)
QUOTE (orbitalraindrops @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 10:17)
a high marijuana intake on a developing brain can't be good imo.

no you're right.

that's why legal marijuana needs to be treated with the same respect as legal alcohol and legal tobacco.
you can't sell it to anyone under the age of 18 (at least) and you can't use it while driving, etc etc.

there is definitely plenty of sound research to support the fact that ANY drug is bad for the developing mind.
children shouldn't use drugs because their brains are still physically growing. there is hard evidence linking premature drug use to the premature onset of all sorts of mental problems like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

these problems do not occur in people who wait until they're adults to start smoking pot.
but the same thing goes for alcohol consumption. anything that f*cks with your mind and is bad for children.

QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 11:55)

no see?
there's the difference.

you said you were 18.
that's much safer. the danger is only prevalent when you start too young, before you're 18.

Would you say it's safe to use between the ages of 18 and 25, given that the human brain doesn't stop fully developing until 25?

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

©

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 18:48)
Would you say it's safe to use between the ages of 18 and 25, given that the human brain doesn't stop fully developing until 25?

I would say then it's probably best to wait till after you're 25 if you don't want your developing brain to get used to having a regular intake of drugs.

I feel adults of 18 and above should be free to make their own decisions though, if they want to use it and face the consequence of possible psychological addiction later in life then that's their own issues to face.

I do believe education is key though. If we properly educate children on hard drugs I feel most of them wouldn't make the choice to begin using in the first place.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 10:09)
no see?
there's the difference.

you said you were 18.

Oh you misunderstand, I was responding to orbital who was saying his friend stayed 14 forever because of daily weed use. I was saying I matured quite dramatically in a lot of different ways while using weed daily when I was eighteen, and I started daily use at sixteen.

Belaphron
  • Belaphron

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Of course they should be legalized, along with all the other drugs. There's not much more I can add to what has already been said previously. But simply put if the government is aiming to reduce drug use then prohibition is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.

Making criminals out of addicts, sending them to jail is ridiculous they should be treated not incarcerated. The deaths as a result of gang related violence is also unacceptable, it all comes down to who do you feel more sympathy for the innocent kid walking the street caught in the cross fire or the drug user who made a choice to put it in his body.

A loaded rifle
  • A loaded rifle

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ofc it should be legalized, however, their should be some limits as to what 'extreme' the legalization is for the lack of a better word, set to.

• Age Requirment of 21
• Unable to drive, operate a firearm, or be in public while intox.
• Small amount of tax, like with cigarettes.
• Encouragement for private growing and selling by citizens, not the federal government.

The tax should, imo, be set to like 7 cents per dollar.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

In my opinion, marijuana should be regulated much how alcoholic beverages are regulated. The illegalization of this drug deters those whose habit spiraled out of hand from seeking the help they so need. We don't deny alcoholics those privileges, so tell me a justifiable reason why we should decline potheads these benefits? Don't get me wrong, I don't condone drug consumption of any sort (be it Alcohol, Caffeine, Tobacco, Marijuana), but I have no right dictating how others live their lives as long as it doesn't harm others. Sending potheads to prison doesn't cure their habit, it only intensifies it while they languish in prison. Ultimately, the advantages (as I mentioned and those mentioned previously by others) outweigh the supposed disadvantages cited to justify illegalization.

The Imposter
  • The Imposter

Time to go ;)

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:15 AM

I'm from the United Kingdom and i think weed should be legal.

The reasons for this is it's less harmful then Tobacco and Drink and their is no anger, You drink sometimes you get violent you smoke and get addicted when you haven't got any you get angry sometimes.

I'm sure most people have done weed and it makes me personally feel the opposite of anger and hate, I just lie down eat Pringles and laugh.

Also I'm sure they would Tax it which means a lot more money for the government, It would also make more jobs i.e space cake shops wink.gif

But yeah i think they should make it legal but from 21 and over as it can mash up your brain if you smoke it while your brain is still developing and it stops and 21. Same for don't drive while high.

Also weed is semi natural so some people could say god made it a treat for us wink.gif

Anyway that's me done, Let me know if they make it legal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users