Most Difficult Gaming Accomplishment?

88 replies to this topic
stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Reaching 10th overall in the world on fifa 2010 wc. Wasn't even that hard really, just took a lot of time.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

I finished Black Ops on Veteran on my first playtrough. Afterwards, I did the same with Homefront and CoD 4. I'm not trough CoD 4 yet though.
Also, I finished many Halo levels on mythic (legendary all skulls on)

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Call of duty 4 on veteran isnt all that bad i dont think, the levels "Charlie dont surf" "No fighting in the war room" and "Mile high club" were a pain in the f*cking ass though, but the rest was enjoyable! ALot of people hated the ending of "One shot on kill" on veteran when you have to wait in the fair ground for extraction, but even that wasnt too bad!

But still my list would be:
Cod 4 (Veteran)
World at war (Veteran)
Modern warfare 2 (Veteran, although this is nowhere near as hard as the above)

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 21 2011, 17:13)
Call of duty 4 on veteran isnt all that bad i dont think, the levels "Charlie dont surf" "No fighting in the war room" and "Mile high club" were a pain in the f*cking ass though, but the rest was enjoyable! ALot of people hated the ending of "One shot on kill" on veteran when you have to wait in the fair ground for extraction, but even that wasnt too bad!

Cod 4 (Veteran)
World at war (Veteran)

The ending of one shot kill was one of my worst gaming experiences, I hated that part.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

One of the hardest things for me to do was get 100% in San Andreas. Some of the side missions had the most difficult things to do.

Getting all gold in the driving school was a nightmare also the BMX challenge in in the skate park and the mountain bike races. Man, I almost forgot about those haha.

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Tuesday, Jun 21 2011, 12:28)
QUOTE (tms_junk @ Tuesday, Jun 21 2011, 17:13)

Cod 4 (Veteran)
World at war (Veteran)

The ending of one shot kill was one of my worst gaming experiences, I hated that part.

I did aswell. I also hate the part where you are trying to search those buildings for Al Asad or whatever his name is. It's been awhile.

iTRiP
  • iTRiP

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:12 PM Edited by iTRiP, 18 August 2012 - 02:08 PM.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

Getting a perfect score on city slicking in GTA SA on the PS2. It was so hard i cant even complete it now on my latest playthrough with more tries so i guess there was a little luck involved when it did it on the first playthrough. I just skipped it because it was too hard on my second playthrough. I would have to say that was my hardest accomplishment because it was just so hard to do.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

Yeah I'm still trying to finish all missions on special agent and perfect agent in perfect dark!

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

Beating Castlevania on N64 was pretty damn hard, so much that I never did actually beat it.

As you fight Dracula in the final battle, it turns out you have to fight him three motherf*cking times. So you kill him the first time - losing some health in the process - then go to the rooftop and work hard to again defeat him there while he's in a different form and pulling some new tricks on you - losing more health, etc. - and just when you think you've killed him, you're transported to a desert setting where Dracula takes the form of an enormously sized dragon and that's where I always died.

I recently looked it up on youtube and found someone beating it with ease suicidal.gif

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:16 AM

TO those who played uncharted on crushing, well done, i have not managed that yet it is f*cking hard.

For me it would have to be Playing any of the Rainbow six games on the highest difficulty, the lack of damage your player can take makes it quite difficult, and the advancements/great positioning of the enemies.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:36 PM Edited by Street Mix, 22 June 2011 - 05:06 PM.

Black - beat first mission on easy on PS2.
GTA SA - Driving and boat schools for 100%. First boat task was too easy for bronze but pretty tricky for gold.
GTA III - Gripped. Actually after few tries it's not so hard.
GTA VCS - Ambulance Level 15.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 16:36)

Care to explain? notify.gif

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 18:41)

Damn these gamepads in FPS games.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 17:03)

Oh, was this another attempt at bashing consoles?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:13 PM Edited by Street Mix, 22 June 2011 - 05:17 PM.

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 19:03)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 17:03)

Oh, was this another attempt at bashing consoles?

No. Black was my first FPS on console. And when I made my first move it was like "OMG @#$@#$%$^&". For me it was too hard to aim and shoot with DualShcok 2 (there wasn't any autoaim in Black). So I passed first level somehow it and decided not to play FPSs on controllers like that anymore (without autoaim at least).

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

I remember nearly beating Black on the default hardest difficulty (was working to unlock the actual hardest), then simply getting bored of it and moving on to some other game. I honestly don't remember it even being that hard, maybe I'm just damned good.

Shame I can't use gamepads anymore after graduating to a mouse and keyboard. Aiming feels like bashing my face against a tree and hoping I strike gold.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 17:19)
I remember nearly beating Black on the default hardest difficulty (was working to unlock the actual hardest), then simply getting bored of it and moving on to some other game. I honestly don't remember it even being that hard, maybe I'm just damned good.

Ha. It wasn't hard for me, up until the last level, of which I mentioned in the post above. Finding yourself trapped in a room with nothing to hide behind and what seems like an infinite amount of enemies charging against you, f*ck, that took me quite alot of attempts to complete. Never did I complete it on the hardest difficulty, the one just before the Black [something] difficulty.

Was one of my first proper FPS games aswell.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:37 PM

Probably completing Modern Warfare 2's campaign on Veteran difficulty.

Loose Ends was probably the hardest act to complete, especially when you have to run down that f*cking hill while mortar rounds land left, right and centre. Reaching the bottom just comes down to sheer luck, really. Same could be said for Heat from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Those two games are probably the only two games I've ever been arsed tackling the hardest difficulty with.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Tuesday, Jun 21 2011, 16:48)
Sorry for the bump, but a conversation between me and TPFS reminded me of one of my hardest gaming achievements. There was a PS2/Xbox game that came out some years back, titled Black. Excellent game at it's time, and one I spent hours playing. Anyway, if any of you have played it on, especially on the harder difficulty levels, you will probably agree with me that the last level, Spetriniv Gulag, was a f*cking pain in the arse. One part of the level saw you in a courtyard with the enemy completely surrounding you, including RPG guys in the buildings. Get past that point, and you find the last bit of the level is a big room within a warehouse, where there are tons of guys who just come at you with everything they have, from grenades to RPG's and Assault Rifles. You get trapped in this room aswell, meaning the only place to hide was in one of two rooms on a balcony, and that was risky due to the enemy been able to trap you within the room.

Anyway, finally completed the mission after literally hundreds of attempts.

exactly this, thanks for the bad and fond memory of finally completing this game. Its as if they suddenly cranked up the difficulty on the last level of that game, before than nice and simple, lots of awesome explosions etc , but the last level was something else, i remember the feeling of there being hardly any cover or the ability to backtrack and thinking how the hell do i do this? lol

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Menaced @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 13:37)

Loose Ends was probably the hardest act to complete, especially when you have to run down that f*cking hill while mortar rounds land left, right and centre. Reaching the bottom just comes down to sheer luck, really. Same could be said for Heat from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Those two games are probably the only two games I've ever been arsed tackling the hardest difficulty with.

Then you evidently haven't played very difficult games.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 19:48)

Am guessing you didn't read that last line of his post?

@ajbns...Yeah, the cover was pretty much useless since it was destructible, and as said, the only cover you really got was two rooms on the balcony above, but the enemy could actually spawn from a hole in the roof in these rooms, so it left you open still to two entries of attack. I found myself running from one room to the other, randomly throwing grenades everywhere whilst on the balcony.

But yeah, difficulty was definitely stepped up in this last level.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:10 PM Edited by Menaced, 22 June 2011 - 08:12 PM.

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 19:48)

No, I haven't, no.
QUOTE (Menaced @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 18:37)

Sam998
  • Sam998

Banned

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

I did read that...It was just a stupid mistake on my part.

Also Butters beat you to it.

okei
  • okei

Dressed to kill like I'm Gianni Versace

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

just playing assassin's creed omg i can't get into it at all.. pretty much forcing myself through it just so i can play the games in chronological order

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (Sam998 @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 20:12)
I did read that...It was just a stupid mistake on my part.

Silly you. You're forgiven.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (okei @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 20:13)
just playing assassin's creed omg i can't get into it at all.. pretty much forcing myself through it just so i can play the games in chronological order

this was me when I played it lol. Funny I had pegged the series as something beyond my enjoyment then on a whim I buy Brotherhood and I love it to death. I buy AC2 and because I skipped it I feel obligated to play the first one again before I get into it. I'm enjoying it more than my first time a round. I think a lot of it has to with knowing how the game works and being able to rush through it better. No game has got that parkour free roam better than these games.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:52 PM

GTA S.A missions N.O.E, Learning to fly, Vertical Bird. It took me over a year to finally do those missions myself.
TBOGT Sexy Time. The most frustrating and hardest mission in GTA IV era especially because im on the PC.
I have not encountered anything really hard with other games.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Menaced @ Wednesday, Jun 22 2011, 18:37)

Getting down the hill on both these games was easy, once you reach the top launch every frag grenade and stun grenade you have, stick to the left then haul ass and dont look back, not exactly the hardcore way but it worked like a charm!

On "Heat" i even got to the bottom of the hill before the chopper set down, so i had to prone out behind the Petrol station

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

MW2 Veteran mission Touristas.

Command and Conquer 3 tiberium wars, I forgot the mission name.

GTA SA (old time ago) mission Wrong Side Of The Tracks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users