Photo

Donald Loves Disapearence

26 replies to this topic
Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

In the mission where you act as a decoy for Donald Love he uses the other van to escape and while you are distracting the cops Donald Love escapes to Vice City. This is because he met Tommy Vercetti in 1986 and due to his wealth would have no problem setting up a business over there and paying for protection from Tommy Vercetti. This is the only logical conclusion to where Donald Love may have gone.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Right, so in 2001 he ran off to Vice City, launched a time-machine to meet Tommy in 1986?
Genius.

lololol im sleepy, i get it now.
not a bad explanation.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ May 7 2011, 17:13)
Right, so in 2001 he ran off to Vice City, launched a time-machine to meet Tommy in 1986?
Genius.

not a bad explanation.

Donald Love has experience within Vice city, and knows the ins-and-outs of the city itself so-to-speak, making it the ideal location to pursue his enterprise.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ May 8 2011, 01:13)
Genius.

not a bad explanation.

He didn't go back in 1986, fool! He just moved to Vice City because he met Tommy in 1986. Simple, that is. And very believable. Good work, Gareth Alan Willmer!

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ May 7 2011, 22:13)
not a bad explanation.

jeez.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

IIRC D.L. was scripted to die in the Darkel mission which was too similar to the events of 9/11.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ May 8 2011, 20:43)
IIRC D.L. was scripted to die in the Darkel mission which was too similar to the events of 9/11.

But since Darkel and his missions were cut out, this explanation suits the best. Admit it!

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:33 PM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 08 May 2011 - 06:40 PM.

Thanks for the support guys. I did some digging up and looked threw each GTA 3 mission and also discovered that before he disappears he leaves an empty box giving you a clue as to where he is and who he is visiting. You can see the box he leaves in this video

The empty box is positioned very near the middle of the wall and as you pause the video linked above at exactly 14 seconds it clearly shows a map. The box represents the Vice City Mansion with the wall in front of it and the water behind the mansion. The view is done from a Birdseye view. When you look at it carefully you can clearly see hes in Vice City. Also to the right of Vercettis mansion is a lot of grass which the birdseye view of the map shows its vice city.

Also the fact you act as a decoy and its unknown if Donald Love or someone else drives the van love is in is enough to prove that it was obviously Vice City Love fled to. The driver of the other van is unknown while you claude are the decoy and distracting peoples attention could actually be Tommy Vercetti's henceman or Tommy Himself since Tomy would be able to carry out the task of getting Donald Out Of Liberty and into Vice City.

Makes perfect sense since the two met at Cortezes party which makes it easier to believe Tommy Vercetti could be the driver of the van.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:35 PM Edited by WhistleBlower, 08 May 2011 - 06:39 PM.

The only problem is that we don't even know if Tommy Vercetti remained at the top, so to speak, by 2001. When Ken Rosenberg tries to get a hold of Tommy in 1992 after he sobers up, he doesn't want to speak with him, which could mean one of two things: either Tommy Vercetti knows that the cops are closing in on him and he wants to keep his old friend safe (which is what I believe), or Tommy found someone else to take Ken's place in the business while he was away and just doesn't want to go into the trouble of breaking the news to him.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ May 8 2011, 18:35)
The only problem is that we don't even know if Tommy Vercetti remained at the top, so to speak, by 2001. When Ken Rosenberg tries to get a hold of Tommy in 1992 after he sobers up, he doesn't want to speak with him, which could mean one of two things: either Tommy Vercetti knows that the cops are closing in on him and he wants to keep his old friend safe (which is what I believe), or Tommy found someone else to take Ken's place in the business while he was away and just doesn't want to go into the trouble of breaking the news to him.

The death of Sonny Forelli brought the most powerful Mafia Family in Liberty City to its knees. Add to this Toni Ciprani and Carl Johnson killing more Forelli mafia leaders made there mob a joke. The fall of the forelli empire allowed weaker gangs into Liberty City and by then with everyone knowing Tommy made this possible he would of been very popular with to many people. Add to this those gangs would be giving anyone a very hard time or even killing any cops who tried to arrest, kill or convict the man who made there arrivals in Liberty City possible. No person or gang wants to take a seriously high risk by killing Tommy and getting to many gangs against them. Anyone who did so would be classifed as an outlaw and not respected by any criminal making it impossible for anyone who tried to kill,arrest,convict tommy to find work with any of those organisations in Liberty City.

Vice City operates differently to Liberty City dont forget which means different events and Rosenberg after The San Andreas mission Saint Marks Bistro

Rosenberg at the start of that mission on the cut scence he fled San Andreas. He cant go back to Liberty City since the mob would be there waiting for him and he cant stay in San Andreas as that's where he fled. The only place left for him to go is Vice City where tommy would still be alive and in power. He calls tommy vercetti at the San Andreas Introduction which will explain him fleeing to Vice City again.

He also has come of the drugs went into rehab so he could easily be Tommys lawyer again in Vice City.

Tommy didn't have any police problems when he took over so that rule is out. Also in Liberty City Stories outside the Saints Mark Bistro there is a vice city poster showing the same buildings from Vice City that we recognize from the 80's. If vercetti wasn't alive those buildings would be demolished or would have changed if vercetti was dead since vercetti owned those bulidings to begin with.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:07 PM

This makes sense. Noone will dare to take out the man who made their gang's arrival in Liberty possible. So Donald could have fled to Vice CIty under Tommy's protectorate.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:31 PM Edited by WhistleBlower, 08 May 2011 - 07:44 PM.

Why do you think nothing has changed in Vice City? I realize that Tommy Vercetti took down Sonny Forelli but that doesn't change the fact that sometime between 1986 and 2001 -- that's 15 years -- Tommy Vercetti could have lost the power he worked so hard to achieve (most likely after 1992). It doesn't necessarily mean that he's dead. The cops in Vice City certainly don't care about what's going on in Liberty City and the cops in Liberty City about Vice City. Most importantly, why the hell would Donald Love even leave a clue as to where he was going? The whole point of his disappearance was to lay low outside of Liberty City.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:37 AM Edited by Gareth Alan Willmer, 09 May 2011 - 01:49 AM.

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ May 8 2011, 19:31)
Why do you think nothing has changed in Vice City? I realize that Tommy Vercetti took down Sonny Forelli but that doesn't change the fact that sometime between 1986 and 2001 -- that's 15 years -- Tommy Vercetti could have lost the power he worked so hard to achieve (most likely after 1992). It doesn't necessarily mean that he's dead. The cops in Vice City certainly don't care about what's going on in Liberty City and the cops in Liberty City about Vice City. Most importantly, why the hell would Donald Love even leave a clue as to where he was going? The whole point of his disappearance was to lay low outside of Liberty City.

Yes changes happen in Vice City of course they do. But with Vice City and Vice City Stories most of the changes in 2 years where minor ones and you will notice that each time Victor and Vercetti took over they had a ton of money which they could very easily use to bribe officials and hire there own protection.

Tommy Vercetti is obviously still in power and he has people to do the tasks for him. Look at Salvatore Leone for example he runs a mob same as Tommy and he was in power even before and after san andreas. So Tommy will still be in power regardless of any changes in Vice City.

As for your question Tommy might not be in power go play Liberty City Stories go outside the saint marks bistro and look at the poster of vice city. Even in 1998 the same buildings from Vercettis vice city are still there. In the GTA 3 era each main character doesn't die or lose there power as the GTA 3 universe is set so all the characters in it live the life they earned.

Dont forget the fact all of the Gangs in Vice City where minor threats at best and wouldn't be able to take out Tommy even if they tried. You think a mob boss like Vercetti doesn't have tons of Security and hitmen and not to mention informants working for him.

No gang member from Liberty City or San Andreas would even go to Vice City as its a different place and operates differently from other citys. Vercetti didn't just kill Sonny Forelli he killed Diaz as well. So there's two separate mob bosses he killed on his own with no help.

If you where a minor criminal with no money or help in Vice City would you commit suicide in trying to kill or over throw Vercetti. Or course you wouldn't even if you knew what Vercetti was capable of and how dangerous he is. Add to that the corrupt rival gang members and cops, government officials, face facts any criminal going after vercetti no matter who they are wont succeed.

Sonny Forelli once the most dangerous and feared mobster don in the GTA Universe tried to get vercetti out of power and tried to kill him and look what happend to him. Tommy is still in power to this day as when you play GTA 3 there is no mention of him since Vercetti separated all ties with the Liberty City Mafia.

If vercetti was dead or wasn't in power we would of known in San Andreas but he isn't hes fine. The GTA 3 universe is stranger than the GTA IV universe the main characters in the GTA 3 Universe don't die or get over thrown. Yet in GTA IV none of those characters ever became a Don or Boss strange that.

Theres to much corruption in Vice City for anyone to even want to over throw vercetti other criminals would only backstab the organization or person that wanted to do this on purpose. Thats how the GTA 3 Universe works.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:21 AM Edited by WhistleBlower, 09 May 2011 - 02:32 AM.

We don't know what happened after the events of GTA III, so you can't simply state that Tommy Vercetti remained in power. The "evidence" that you do provide -- the video where you tell us to pause it 14 or so seconds in with a reference to Vice City -- isn't good enough. Sorry. Maybe you can post a screenshot instead, because I'm afraid that the quality of the video on Youtube is too poor to make anything new that we haven't seen already out. You also failed to answer my question on why Donald Love, whom we all know disappeared to lay low outside of Liberty City, would leave a clue concerning his current whereabouts.

You claim that no one would dare touch Tommy Vercetti because of how much protection he has in his own city, right? ...that no small-time criminal would dare kill him. Are we forgetting that Claude was able to kill a man like Salvatore Leone? So why is Tommy Vercetti any different? Just because he has no enemies doesn't change the fact that he could gain new ones. Especially when you consider the fact that, again, we don't know what happens after 2001. But you're going to argue the "fact" that he's doing well by 2008 even though Rockstar themselves confirmed that they (Claude, Tommy, and CJ) would be dead by then?

Do me favor before you reply. Read my entire post. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I just feel like we're running in circles with this discussion and I don't want to repeat myself again, lol. Also, it's "would have", not "would of". Come on, now... wink.gif

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

I think he fled the country. All the heat he's made, it would be smart. But it can't really be proven.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:21 AM

I think him going to Vice City is a decent explanation. But leave out the Tommy Vercetti part. For starters, Donald Love doesn't even know Tommy that well. He saw him two times in his entire life, at the party of Cortez and with Avery Carrington, and both times he did not even talk with Tommy.

Ofcourse we all know Love was meant to die in "Love Hurts", so this explanation is nothing but pure fanfiction.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:23 AM

Genius.

not a bad explanation.

You obviously have not played VC have you? Cause if you had, you would have known that made an appearance in that game...He was in the cutscene for either the next to last or the last mission for Avery Carrington tounge2.gif lol.gif

But...on-topic, If that mission(cut scene) was to go along with one of the Darkel missions, then it would have been best for them to leave it out, as that cutscene made no sense since they took out the corrosponding mission that was to go with it...? wouldn't you guys think? So, with that being said, there has to be another meaning behind that cutscene, and I wish I knew what it was... tounge2.gif That was one of the loopholes that Rockstar forgot to clarify in LCS(Liberty City Stories), I guess.?

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:40 AM Edited by WhistleBlower, 09 May 2011 - 05:42 AM.

QUOTE (radioman @ May 8 2011, 23:23)
Genius.

not a bad explanation.

You obviously have not played VC have you? Cause if you had, you would have known that made an appearance in that game...He was in the cutscene for either the next to last or the last mission for Avery Carrington tounge2.gif lol.gif

But...on-topic, If that mission(cut scene) was to go along with one of the Darkel missions, then it would have been best for them to leave it out, as that cutscene made no sense since they took out the corrosponding mission that was to go with it...? wouldn't you guys think? So, with that being said, there has to be another meaning behind that cutscene, and I wish I knew what it was... tounge2.gif That was one of the loopholes that Rockstar forgot to clarify in LCS(Liberty City Stories), I guess.?

Oh, my god. *facedesk*

How are you missing the fact that he just said that he understood what the OP was saying? Come on, dude, read the ENTIRE post before replying. Lol.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:28 AM

Exactly, there's a reason why I edited my post, and I have completed VC on 100% about a dozen times, I play it already 2006-2011 (on third party multiplayer patch called VCMP), but that's another story.

I gotta agree with Whistle's opinion about Tommy Vercetti.
Donald may have returned to Vice City as he was already in the place before so he knew how to get contacts, but he was NEVER something big there. Avery disrespects him, whereas he has nothing much to do with Tommy. Opinions about Tommy are pretty much speculations, but most probably he would be a drunkard with some money in his pocket by 2001. Drinking all the way, as his best 'friend' and mafia boss he was loyal to first got him jailed and didn't help at all for 15 years, and after that he betrayed him for a reason that wasn't Tommy's fault.

It seems, in SA introduction, Ken needs some serious help so he calls Tommy, but Tommy doesn't want to speak to him. Either this could be because Tommy launched a giant profit from something (maybe even legal) or more probably, he just became a drunkard, who died inside from all the loss, just left with money to rot in such place as VC is.

I am pretty skeptical about Claude killing Donald Love in Darkel's mission. Or, if he was, the cutscene where Donald isn't there is definately not associated to that mission...doesn't make sense first Claude kills Donald and then comes to his apartment that's suspossed to be destroyed to look for him, eh?

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, but that's bullsh*t. If Tommy was a drunken bum by 1992, then he wouldn't have a receptionist telling Ken he doesn't want to speak with him. Tommy was obviously still very much a big shot.

Also nobody ever said that the Love's Disappearance cutscene was in the game at the same time with the mission in which you would kill Love.

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ May 9 2011, 02:21)
We don't know what happened after the events of GTA III, so you can't simply state that Tommy Vercetti remained in power. The "evidence" that you do provide -- the video where you tell us to pause it 14 or so seconds in with a reference to Vice City -- isn't good enough. Sorry. Maybe you can post a screenshot instead, because I'm afraid that the quality of the video on Youtube is too poor to make anything new that we haven't seen already out. You also failed to answer my question on why Donald Love, whom we all know disappeared to lay low outside of Liberty City, would leave a clue concerning his current whereabouts.

You claim that no one would dare touch Tommy Vercetti because of how much protection he has in his own city, right? ...that no small-time criminal would dare kill him. Are we forgetting that Claude was able to kill a man like Salvatore Leone? So why is Tommy Vercetti any different? Just because he has no enemies doesn't change the fact that he could gain new ones. Especially when you consider the fact that, again, we don't know what happens after 2001. But you're going to argue the "fact" that he's doing well by 2008 even though Rockstar themselves confirmed that they (Claude, Tommy, and CJ) would be dead by then?

Do me favor before you reply. Read my entire post. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, I just feel like we're running in circles with this discussion and I don't want to repeat myself again, lol. Also, it's "would have", not "would of". Come on, now... wink.gif

Okay heres a screen shot of the cutscence showing you a very obvious clue as to where Donald Love has fled to

http://i3.photobucke...sinvicecity.jpg

You can see the wall in front of the Vice City Mansion and also the Vice City mansion which the box represents. Add to that all the water beind the box which is exactly the same as the vice city mansion layout.

Yes Salvatore Leone Died i nthe events of GTA 3 but look how long Donald Love has lasted and he has a business empire just like Tommy Vercetti does. Tommy could still be in power and wouldn't be dead. Unless there is a conclusion to the GTA 3 era people will still say tommy hasn't got his empire or is dead. Until Rockstar shows everyone Vercetti is fine and still living it up in control of Vice City people will stil doubt he is doing well. GTA IV is a separate universe and has nothing to do with GTA 3 so that graffiti on the wall could be any tommy, carl or claude. Theres more people called Tommy Carl and Claude etc in the GTA IV Universe. Look on the police computer and you'll see proof of this.

Lets all agree that Rockstar need a GTA 3 Era Conclussion

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:13 PM

How are you missing the fact that he just said that he understood what the OP was saying? Come on, dude, read the ENTIRE post before replying. Lol.

Exactly, there's a reason why I edited my post, and I have completed VC on 100% about a dozen times, I play it already 2006-2011 (on third party multiplayer patch called VCMP), but that's another story.

Guys, that part of my last post was a joke, as indicated by the smiley's at the end. I did read the whole post. Because of the 2 smiley's at the end, that should have been a clue that it was just a joke. Why is it no one here now a days can sense a joke? confused.gif lol tounge2.gif

Also, to my knowledge, there is no MP for VC-only SA and IV and EFLC had it to my knowledge? Cause I have both PC versions of VC(the Original and the Trilogy Pack version), and neither one has MP. Also, I have the Original V2 for SA and the Trilogy Pack version of SA, and that too does not have a MP option. So, just curious on that one, as you said you play VC-MP and yet I have yet to find an MP on either PC version of VC-unless it is a Steam version exclusive, cause I have yet to see it on the Retail(CD) version, and I have had the game since 2005? confused.gif Just curious about the MP thing.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

There's MTA's for both GTA Vice City and GTAIII. There is also a VC:MP for Vice City.

http://www.vicecitymultiplayer.com/

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, I said third party, third party = unofficial.
Anyways let's cut the spam.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ May 9 2011, 14:49)
Yeah, I said third party, third party = unofficial.
Anyways let's cut the spam.

Just a heads up, it's not Spam-It was just a couple of questions I had and was curious about, and since it pertained to GTA, it was on-topic. tounge2.gif smile.gif

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (Gareth Alan Willmer @ Saturday, May 7 2011, 22:00)
In the mission where you act as a decoy for Donald Love he uses the other van to escape and while you are distracting the cops Donald Love escapes to Vice City. This is because he met Tommy Vercetti in 1986 and due to his wealth would have no problem setting up a business over there and paying for protection from Tommy Vercetti. This is the only logical conclusion to where Donald Love may have gone.

your a dumbass man lol

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (baboultr @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 03:22)
QUOTE (Gareth Alan Willmer @ Saturday, May 7 2011, 22:00)

your a dumbass man lol

Why bump the thread just to say that? mercie_blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users