• None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

cool biggrin.gif

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

I've testet your chopper. Nice work as always! only some things I would think you could change:

1. The pilot is not shootable from the side
2. I think you should make the searchlight not with only a lightmap. I think that a real searchlight could be nice (Just take a headlight from a motor bike, delete everything but the inside and the glass (with dummie) and put it to the original position... so the light will work as a cars headlight and can illuminate things wink.gif )
3. Does the FLIR - Pod realy has a light? I don't think so... If it has, It would be a infrared - light and not a visible one wink.gif Also I think that the navigation lights should stay steady... (Lightmap?) and don't have to blink (you could delete the dummies...)

Remember: These are only comments on your beta and I don't wan't to piss you off. So don't flame me for some critique smile.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Yea cant shoot pilot from side, but I couldnt shoot him from the front either, granted u dont get that angle usually except in pursuit since he always wants to turn to the side.
As for those lights, now lookin even closer myself @ the vid i posted, there is a red one on the bottom that flashes like the red one on top, the rest are steady on but there is one more that flashes blue/white that is not on your model chasez, its over the exhausts,

Also u notice the 2 white running lights on the underside of the tail

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:56 PM

I got an Idea... you could use the EPM Mod by treepwood to open and close the big slidedoors... wink.gif If the Helicopter moves fast, the doors are closed. When the helicopter is slow, the'll open. What about this idea?

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:05 AM Edited by chasez, 09 May 2011 - 12:12 AM.

QUOTE ([Delta ēk5)
,May 8 2011, 18:53] I've testet your chopper. Nice work as always! only some things I would think you could change:

1. The pilot is not shootable from the side
2. I think you should make the searchlight not with only a lightmap. I think that a real searchlight could be nice (Just take a headlight from a motor bike, delete everything but the inside and the glass (with dummie) and put it to the original position... so the light will work as a cars headlight and can illuminate things wink.gif )
3. Does the FLIR - Pod realy has a light? I don't think so... If it has, It would be a infrared - light and not a visible one wink.gif Also I think that the navigation lights should stay steady... (Lightmap?) and don't have to blink (you could delete the dummies...)

Remember: These are only comments on your beta and I don't wan't to piss you off. So don't flame me for some critique smile.gif

have you seen the searchlight on v1.1 at night?

headlights doesn't work on IV helis. No headlights, indicators or tail lights. Just 4 siren/blinking lights.

rear doors already use "extra" title, maybe EPM already works.

FLIR has light only in v1.1 because it shares the same material as searchlight, it's already been fixed.

I'll make you all happy and make sure you can shoot the pilot smile.gif

I thank you all for your support, suggestions and help. I'm trying to do my best and in the limits of the game. I can surely try to make it as real as I can but not all of that can be done, unfortunately.

keep the suggestions comming smile.gif

@Costar

Some of the lights are added and fixed current ones smile.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:53 AM Edited by Costar, 09 May 2011 - 03:15 AM.

Yea we know smile.gif its not so significant but wondered if the glass on the bottom front will be shootable too ?

I am guessing u will keep the doors open permanently like other GTA helis ? IMO it kinda makes good enough sense because they're all open and this is a pol chopper that will have cops sittin out the sides shooting.
I'm just still wondering why like in my earlier pic, why psgrs still get in like this
user posted image

See the one behind Luis is sittin in the seat properly but the other dude is sittin half in/out like a shooter.. Both sides w/ dual seats in the back look the same so just wondered ..
k, i got the cops after us, and I noticed that my guards pretty much do the same thing in any other chopper, front psgr opens his door to shoot and 2 rear psgrs will shoot well basically through the doors, but they do sit actually inside the regular maverick as opposed to one in, the other half out..

BTW, the pilot needs a an actual *stick* to ctrl this thing not that imaginary one tounge.gif
I also noticed, not that its an *issue* but the spotlight stays on at night (apparently it comes on @ night even if u dint get in it) when u get out of the heli, or is that like new cars headlights, they stay on for a time to light your path to the house biggrin.gif

Eiswolfi
  • Eiswolfi

GTA 4 enb- and policeskinmaker

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

user posted imageuser posted image

you see the texture? its transparent... <.<

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Eiswolfi @ May 9 2011, 14:16)

Well, that means that it's in motion biggrin.gif they're not transparent when they're steady.

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:21 PM Edited by [Delta ēk5], 09 May 2011 - 02:24 PM.

QUOTE (chasez @ May 9 2011, 01:05)
headlights doesn't work on IV helis.

I may have to correct this statement wink.gif

Do you remember the "Sparrow Hilator" made by smokey8808? It has working "headlights" at the front

go on and test it by yourself wink.gif http://www.gtainside...=25030&orderBy=

I also hadn't think that this would be possible, but it shows, that it can be. If you use this chopper ingame, you could press "L" and the Headlight will illuminate people, buildings and everything like the normal car's headlight... I think it's better than just a self-illuminating texture, isn't it? wink.gif

By the way, I could hand out you some source files I partly converted from open sourcefiles of some FS2004 Helicopters to you if you are interested... I would work on them by myself, but real life is hard atm.

Eiswolfi
  • Eiswolfi

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ May 9 2011, 14:20)
QUOTE (Eiswolfi @ May 9 2011, 14:16)

Well, that means that it's in motion biggrin.gif they're not transparent when they're steady.

they are transparent ... i make this screen while the engine was turned off and all stand still...

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:17 PM Edited by chasez, 09 May 2011 - 08:03 PM.

QUOTE ([Delta ēk5)
,May 9 2011, 14:21]
QUOTE (chasez @ May 9 2011, 01:05)
headlights doesn't work on IV helis.

I may have to correct this statement wink.gif

Do you remember the "Sparrow Hilator" made by smokey8808? It has working "headlights" at the front

go on and test it by yourself wink.gif http://www.gtainside...=25030&orderBy=

I also hadn't think that this would be possible, but it shows, that it can be. If you use this chopper ingame, you could press "L" and the Headlight will illuminate people, buildings and everything like the normal car's headlight... I think it's better than just a self-illuminating texture, isn't it? wink.gif

By the way, I could hand out you some source files I partly converted from open sourcefiles of some FS2004 Helicopters to you if you are interested... I would work on them by myself, but real life is hard atm.

Oh...well...headlight works but... I don't like two things
1. It doesn't look like searchlight (way too wide)
2. It's too dim. Almost can't see the illuminated area, my version is better.

I can leave it because you can switch it on and off in day time smile.gif

EDIT:

@Eiswolfi

What can I say. I have remapped rotors on the new version and I just checked - they're solid smile.gif

@Costar

BTW, the pilot needs a an actual *stick* to ctrl this thing not that imaginary one tounge.gif
I also noticed, not that its an *issue* but the spotlight stays on at night (apparently it comes on @ night even if u dint get in it) when u get out of the heli, or is that like new cars headlights, they stay on for a time to light your path to the house biggrin.gif

Well there's no options to make it to turn on/off. It's a spotlight created in Zmod and game doesn't have a control over it.

About the stick:
user posted image

I've pushed the driver as far back as I could. I will try to move the control stick into his hands smile.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:39 PM Edited by XTREME0235, 09 May 2011 - 09:54 PM.

Great mod nonetheless for aviation supporters such as myself who love seeing more aircraft enter the GTA IV world.
Is it possible you could post more screens of the interior as I am interested to see more. Unfortunately I can't download the beauty at this time which is why I am asking.

I can see that you have the cyclic installed and I certainly hope you included the other components such as the the collective leaver and the anti-torque pedals.
These would add great detail and I don't see why you wouldn't have them. smile.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:58 AM

Ok, but ofcourse it loox this way from inside camera view
user posted image
So loox like there is none at all, wondered if the stick could be repositioned forward a lil ...

XTREME0235, I dont think he intended to do much w/ the int yet as this is still beta .. but u see the pedals are there and i think that lever for lift/lower

I noticed whilst in the inside view, looking back this is the view through your heli
See how stuff is *see-through* .. I wonder if this has something to do w/ camera position tho, as the reg Maverick, its int view does not show the interior at all like yours does
user posted image

Whereas in the reg Maverick
user posted image

[Delta ēk5]
  • [Delta ēk5]

Rotorhead

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Costar @ May 10 2011, 03:58)
I noticed whilst in the inside view, looking back this is the view through your heli
See how stuff is *see-through* .. I wonder if this has something to do w/ camera position tho, as the reg Maverick, its int view does not show the interior at all like yours does

I think it is the camera position. It seems to be too high (what you "see" is the inside of the tail) But I think this isn't very important wink.gif In a real Helicopter you wouldn't see anything but the backseats tounge.gif

I had a look again at the Bell412. I think that te searchlight is good, as it is, but a little too bright (only a personal taste problem, nothing more wink.gif ) I'd also like to know how you made it with Z-Mod 2? I know that those kind of lights are possible with 3DS Max... but now you shocked me with this wink.gif (could be nice for my Bell 407 police helicopter, when I start over again on it [It's really a long-time-project] as I'm "currently" working on the lighting inside and outside)

With EFLC I saw also the lights on the APC and was asking myself about the rotation beacon lights.... I think, I'll do some research...

Later. wink.gif

Firesq38
  • Firesq38

FIRESQ38

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

Does your allow for replaceable skin textures? The other one that is floating around does not. It was built into the textures with everything else.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

I did a little experiment. As you may or may not all know that firetruk and APC has rotating parts - fire extinguisher and machine-gun.
So I renamed searchlight's dummy node and replaced this heli with APC. I flew around and as I was moving mouse around the searchlight was moving too. I thought that it would be a cool feature to have that but...there's a small problem. the spotlight and headlights doesn't move with it sad.gif Unless there's a mod that can create searchlight replacing the APC's machine-gun, this thing ain't gonna work all the way.

btw this gets me thinking. Is it possible to create such light in weapons data file? to make it shoot a light not the bullets biggrin.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:48 AM Edited by Costar, 11 May 2011 - 02:52 AM.

Chasez, have u been drinkin corn liquor ?! lol.gif tounge.gif
I am not really sure exactly what all u did, but I THINK I remember some mods where rockets from the buzzard were attached to the annihilator using an .asi or .net script to activate.
I think EPM is script based too and is used to activate certain functions on cars under certain conditions or button presses.
I remember a turn signal mod for cars and mostly old stuff for weapons but those were just interchanging projectiles or reassigning them as objects from the game like suitcase, bricks etc and interchanging effects between weapons like damage type explosion/fire whether it has a timer like grenades, one allowed u to throw RPG rockets lol. I havent played around w/ it but it was nice they added the sticky bombs in TBOGT.

I dont quite get what u mean to have a weapon shoot *light* instead of bullets.. I mean you want the weapon to behave like a flashlight w/ a steady beam, trigger=on, release=off ?

Eiswolfi
  • Eiswolfi

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:36 PM

user posted image

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:08 PM Edited by Costar, 30 May 2011 - 06:12 PM.

Chasez did u or anyone manage to get back in the heli when landing in water ?
Well I did manage to land in water and then get him to get back in, it seems it was a fluke tho ...
I wondered if it would make any diff to lengthen the landing bars, that is height wise, then put more of a sort of "platform" instead of that lil foot step, to see if we can get the player to get on the platform so he will get back in..
The downside is, water would still destroy the heli engine, as it did w/ me in it even w/ car god mode on in trainer. And ofcourse we know if the engine in a vehicle is destroyed, it wont let us get back in..
Its like the best thing would be to edit water to stop it from destroying the engine.

byankeesjeter
  • byankeesjeter

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Would it be possible to get a template for this helicopter?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

the heli contains 4 main templates, i could upload them...

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yeah, you can upload them. I was going to add templates to the archive in final release anyway.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

I gotta ask... Who the F*ck uploaded my mod everywhere?

http://www.gtagaming...hicle-mods/9053
http://www.gtainside...=36217&orderBy=

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:35 AM

dontgetit.gif In both places it shows your name listed, ppl wouldnt know it wasnt u..
In both it lists fixed sinking into the ground, added new FLIR and all that other stuff, like nothing has been changed and says original by Cera, is that true ?
I'm curious why anyone would upload it tho (including you) since its post to be in beta form still ...

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (Costar @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 03:35)
dontgetit.gif In both places it shows your name listed, ppl wouldnt know it wasnt u..
In both it lists fixed sinking into the ground, added new FLIR and all that other stuff, like nothing has been changed and says original by Cera, is that true ?
I'm curious why anyone would upload it tho (including you) since its post to be in beta form still ...

I hate that people are posting that it has some passenger seat bug or something like that and that's because I didn't upload it myself and it clearly says BETA. I didn't even make the rotor shadows visible in these beta versions. Now most people won't download the final release. I hate when this happens.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:05 PM

hmm, i dint even think about that..
What about telling the ppl on the site, to remove it because it was not your authorized upload ?!
Well I remember when someone stole schaefft's model and I seen it, I wrote to, I think it was Tim or someone there that removed it.. That was @ gtainside..

I just wondered how someone decided to use your username to register there, maybe u should already registered, that ways they'd have to create a variant to the name.. Well anyways maybe u can write to them, even give a link to the topic here etc ... just some ideas

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

on that sites it doesnt care what your username is... for example, im also registered with SKylineGTRFreak at GTAInside, but when you upload a mod, it asks you for the Author's name, so you can just type any name in there

ilyketwortles
  • ilyketwortles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

are there still templates for this thing?
would love to add my own texture to this

MajorMaclean
  • MajorMaclean

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

the spotlight has to be brighter at night cuzz when ur high up half the time it doesn't show

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:45 AM Edited by chasez, 22 June 2012 - 01:12 PM.

QUOTE (MajorMaclean @ Friday, Jun 22 2012, 02:10)
the spotlight has to be brighter at night cuzz when ur high up half the time it doesn't show

lol biggrin.gif I think it's TOO bright. What are your settings? are you using ENB or any other graphic enhancement mod?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users