• None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

user posted image
Bell412 NYPD Air Sea Rescue helicopter

Original model from Cerauser posted image
Converted to GTA IV/EFLC by Chasez

user posted image

open BETA testing!

Beta testing stage. Higher resolution textures will be available in the final release.
Info will be updated.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Beta v1.0 Download: @ speedyshare
Beta v1.1 Download: @ speedyshare

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:34 AM Edited by Costar, 06 May 2011 - 12:39 AM.

THis is your model scratch or conversion ?
I guess those gray things are like pontoons for water landing ?
It loox pretty accurate to some pix I've seen except for the camera/light thing on the bottom front that loox to be on the 2 blade heli ..

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Costar @ May 6 2011, 00:34)
THis is your model scratch or conversion ?
I guess those gray things are like pontoons for water landing ?
It loox pretty accurate to some pix I've seen except for the camera/light thing on the bottom front that loox to be on the 2 blade heli ..

1. this is a conversion smile.gif
2. Yes, they are.
3. The FLIR? dunno what you mean exactly but it's on both NYPD helis (Agusta and Bell). It's black for now because I'm thinking about using buzzards FLIR. It looks much better than the one that I have.

user posted image

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:11 AM Edited by Costar, 06 May 2011 - 01:16 AM.

k well this was one of the pix i saw that it dint have that
http://nycaviation.c...t-point-cadets/

but I think the handling/veh.ide needs abit adjusting
user posted image
It wants to sink in the ground and it kinda bobbles when you're not in it, but when in it it actually bobbles and makes the camera zoom in/out/in/out rapidly ..

Not a very good pic but
user posted image

I got 3 bodyguards to get in but you can see one of this is posed kinda like the cops would be so he is sticking through the metal, dint get a chance to see if he would shoot. The guard for the left side just kinda slipped inside and was totally inside, I mean isnt that a small door behind the front ones so they can get in/out ? but in this case they dont open the doors they just slip in through the metal where the double windows are. Apparently these second set of doors do not open at all on this model ..

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Costar @ May 6 2011, 01:11)
k well this was one of the pix i saw that it dint have that
http://nycaviation.c...t-point-cadets/

but I think the handling/veh.ide needs abit adjusting
user posted image
It wants to sink in the ground and it kinda bobbles when you're not in it, but when in it it actually bobbles and makes the camera zoom in/out/in/out rapidly ..

Not a very good pic but
user posted image

I got 3 bodyguards to get in but you can see one of this is posed kinda like the cops would be so he is sticking through the metal, dint get a chance to see if he would shoot. The guard for the left side just kinda slipped inside and was totally inside, I mean isnt that a small door behind the front ones so they can get in/out ? but in this case they dont open the doors they just slip in through the metal where the double windows are.

Yeah, i need a handling for it and all the helis in gta4 has rear door opened. It will be fixed.

police189
  • police189

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:18 AM

The only bugs I get are the ones mention other than that awesome helicopter 10/10

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:01 AM Edited by Rob.Zombie, 06 May 2011 - 11:29 AM.

Alright I'll be able to fix both problems, however once you land it on water, it'll float, but after some time it'll start sinking and you can't enter it. (at least that's what happened to the APC I made once)

EDIT:
Ok so, SITREP: The heli stands on it's "feet" properly, so Center of Mass issue solved, however I couldn't make it float as I wanted. It sinks a bit deeper then I wanted, but I'm using the lowest possible value for sinking (using minus parameter doesn't work). So here it is:

4500.0 5.0 0.1 0.0 1.6 0.0 0.0 1 0.30 1.0 160.0 0.4 0.60 0.7 35.0 0.65 0.60 8.0 0.10 0.5 1.0 0.8 0.8 0.50 -0.20 0.0 0.4 1.0 0.5 3.0 1.5 0.0 52000 2004000 400000 0

(note: this is not realistic at all, it just fixes the handling, since I've no idea how to make a chopper fly realistic (and I'm quite sure IV engine is not built for that, like turbulence and stuff like that))

[Delta ▓k5]
  • [Delta ▓k5]

Rotorhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ May 6 2011, 02:15)

Yeah, i need a handling for it and all the helis in gta4 has rear door opened. It will be fixed.

You'll have only to change the animations of the helicopter to fix this:

polmav, polmav, heli, POLMAV, POLMAV, VEH@VAN, VEH@VAN_LR1_LF1,100,999, 0.05, 0.05, 0.3, 4, 1.5 ,0, noboot+truckexhaustfx

That's the way to go. +truckexhaustfx creates visible exhaust effects at the exhaust dummie position wink.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hmm well I tried using Delta veh.ide line first on the polmav but it only sat on the ground level when I first spawned in it, afterwards it dropt back in the ground :\ when i bailed out a bit above ground and the heli dropt, one side of the landing bars completely submerged into the ground .. so it really dint seem to help anything.
I then used Robs handling by itself, well it sits correctly on the ground, when it gets in the water tho, it does sink abit and when i got out one time he got stuck in a slow-mo sinking w/ the heli .. then almost got stuck under the thing trying to get back in ..
I noticed the heli kinda raises up a lil bit and then bobbs back down, raises up/bobbs back down constantly in the water.. So i wonder what is the need for this sorta *float* ability if we cant get back in anyways ..

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Costar @ May 6 2011, 18:37)
Hmm well I tried using Delta veh.ide line first on the polmav but it only sat on the ground level when I first spawned in it, afterwards it dropt back in the ground :\ when i bailed out a bit above ground and the heli dropt, one side of the landing bars completely submerged into the ground .. so it really dint seem to help anything.
I then used Robs handling by itself, well it sits correctly on the ground, when it gets in the water tho, it does sink abit and when i got out one time he got stuck in a slow-mo sinking w/ the heli .. then almost got stuck under the thing trying to get back in ..
I noticed the heli kinda raises up a lil bit and then bobbs back down, raises up/bobbs back down constantly in the water.. So i wonder what is the need for this sorta *float* ability if we cant get back in anyways ..

Sinking into the ground is fixed smile.gif but it sits perfect only when I replace it with police maverick, if I replace it with annihilator, heli looks like hovering a little above the ground but that's just simply because of the handling, as you may know stock annihilator has three wheels and not skids.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:41 AM Edited by chasez, 07 May 2011 - 04:04 AM.

Get updated!

Beta v1.1 changes

-fixed sinking into the ground bug
-added new FLIR
-added spotlight
-now replaces police maverick (polmav)[works better that way]

I want you all to test this version at night and give your opinion about the improvements.

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

ok what did u fix on the sinking bug ?
I mean i landed in the water and he did get out ok, if thats what u mean ?
Otherwise i noticed the rotor blades when landed in water became semi-transparent ..

The spotlight was cool tounge.gif but wouldnt u know, it was actually quite comical, here i was hovering turning the heli about over the water seeing how it was behaving lighting up trees/buildings and what do u know happens, I hear the distinct snd of an annihilator behind me tsssss CLINK CLANK FOO FOO FOO SPLASH, I guess w/ the new spotlight he got distracted and crasht into me, kinda that strange anomaly that occurs, u know emergency vehicle on the side of the road tending a wreck, here comes somebody lookin in that direction and crashes into it suicidal.gif
I also notice the marker lights flashing but it loox like there is a red one on top that doesnt do anything
I also noticed that camera view inside heli, you can only see the instruments, cant see to fly

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:30 AM Edited by chasez, 07 May 2011 - 03:33 AM.

QUOTE (Costar @ May 7 2011, 03:14)
ok what did u fix on the sinking bug ?
I mean i landed in the water and he did get out ok, if thats what u mean ?
Otherwise i noticed the rotor blades when landed in water became semi-transparent ..

The spotlight was cool tounge.gif á but wouldnt u know, it was actually quite comical, here i was hovering turning the heli about over the water seeing how it was behaving lighting up trees/buildings and what do u know happens, I hear the distinct snd of an annihilator behind me tsssss CLINK CLANK FOO FOO FOO SPLASH, I guess w/ the new spotlight he got distracted and crasht into me, kinda that strange anomaly that occurs, u know emergency vehicle on the side of the road tending a wreck, here comes somebody lookin in that direction and crashes into itá suicidal.gif
I also notice the marker lights flashing but it loox like there is a red one on top that doesnt do anything
I also noticed that camera view inside heli, you can only see the instruments, cant see to fly

-I wrote "fixed sinking into the ground" not water biggrin.gif lol It now stands ok on the ground.

-there's interesting thing happening with rotors, like for example, stand right under the rotors and look up on them, from some angles the rotors disappear and that even happens with the stock helis.

-Helis can only have 4siren(blinking) lights, so I choose them wisely smile.gif I will make so that all other light's just lit up, I can't make them blink.

-The camera view is adjusted for the outside view, if I adjust it for the interior, then the outside view will be fukd up. I'm using First Person View mod and it works great when turning it on inside the heli. I can see the gaudges and through the windows, I can even see the spotlight in front of the heli.

-
The spotlight was cool tounge.gif á but wouldnt u know, it was actually quite comical, here i was hovering turning the heli about over the water seeing how it was behaving lighting up trees/buildings and what do u know happens, I hear the distinct snd of an annihilator behind me tsssss CLINK CLANK FOO FOO FOO SPLASH, I guess w/ the new spotlight he got distracted and crasht into me, kinda that strange anomaly that occurs, u know emergency vehicle on the side of the road tending a wreck, here comes somebody lookin in that direction and crashes into it

are you reporting this as a bug or just a funny incident? smile.gif

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:35 AM

Well u have listed

"-fixed sinking bug" so .. the sinking into ground i reported earlier was fixt w/ ROb's handling tounge.gif

ok I was only mentioning about inside view ..

Yea I was just mentioning that as funny, I mean to be flying in the dark ingame, checkin out this new spotlight and yet here i get *rear-ended* by annihilator and he crashed into the water (guess i needed to use the spotlight then to go rescue him lol), suspecting he was *lookin* at the spotlight too, yea i think that was funny lol.gif

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Costar @ May 7 2011, 03:35)
Well u have listed

"-fixed sinking bug" so .. the sinking into ground i reported earlier was fixt w/ ROb's handling tounge.gif

ok I was only mentioning about inside view ..

Yea I was just mentioning that as funny, I mean to be flying in the dark ingame, checkin out this new spotlight and yet here i get *rear-ended* by annihilator and he crashed into the water (guess i needed to use the spotlight then to go rescue him lol), suspecting he was *lookin* at the spotlight too, yea i think that was funny lol.gif

damn! I wrote "into the ground" in the ReadMe file. biggrin.gif

Well what do you think about spotlight(at night)? keep it or remove it?

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

well why not also put Robs handling line into the readme ? smile.gif

IMO I say keep it, it loox pretty cool, some might suggest tweaking brightness or size of the spotlight, I cant say for sure since I have an ENB version so .. my question is, isnt it usually more oval than this perfectly round shape ?
btw just happened to see this, it shows lights, like the lil red one on top, apparently the other red/green ones are like running lights and the one atop flashes, it shows the lil second door on each side opens but the double window thing is a sliding door as well ..

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

I've tested the V1.1 and it sure flies nicely. I especially like the new spotlight feature. It's really fun to point someone with a high-power blinding lights! lol.gif

One thing I noticed was the size of the texture. It should not be much of a problem for people who plays with high or above level texture settings, but the paintjob looks a bit scribbled on medium when you go close to the helicopter. Is it possible to make it larger like your FCV and MTA busses?

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

lol I've always been using it on the police maverick. I mean LCPD = NYPD, maverick is a bell helicopter (sure not this model), and it doesn't have guns like the Anni. I have only tested my handling on the police maverick. (but it should work on the annihilator too)

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (JJJ8 @ May 7 2011, 06:15)
I've tested the V1.1 and it sure flies nicely. I especially like the new spotlight feature. It's really fun to point someone with a high-power blinding lights! lol.gif

One thing I noticed was the size of the texture. It should not be much of a problem for people who plays with high or above level texture settings, but the paintjob looks a bit scribbled on medium when you go close to the helicopter. Is it possible to make it larger like your FCV and MTA busses?

Higher resolution textures will be available in the final release.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

eeeeh, whatever xD

http://www.gtainside...start=&id=35587

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ May 7 2011, 10:51)
eeeeh, whatever xD

http://www.gtainside...start=&id=35587

And? I don't care that you have converted the same model. I started this conversion very long time ago and I'm not gonna stop working on it.

btw why did you even bother posting the link? try my version and you won't use your version anymore biggrin.gif lol

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

its not even my version, i mean i havent made it for IV, i just posted the link to show you theres already the mod, besides the one i posted has a lot of bugs

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ May 7 2011, 11:04)
its not even my version, i mean i havent made it for IV, i just posted the link to show you theres already the mod, besides the one i posted has a lot of bugs

I know that there is a similar mod but you gotta admit mine is closer to the real thing smile.gif
this video proves that I had started this mod quite a while ago

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

heyheyhey, i didnt even said that the version i posted is better, i mean, i like yours more cuase it has additional parts and isnt a plain conversion xD but i would like to see the AW119 Koala also, though i cant find a model to make it confused.gif

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ May 7 2011, 12:00)
heyheyhey, i didnt even said that the version i posted is better, i mean, i like yours more cuase it has additional parts and isnt a plain conversion xD but i would like to see the AW119 Koala also, though i cant find a model to make it confused.gif

Yeah, I searched for it too but no success, so I made it out of Swift biggrin.gif

user posted image

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ May 7 2011, 13:02)
QUOTE (SkylineGTRFreak @ May 7 2011, 12:00)

Yeah, I searched for it too but no success, so I made it out of Swift biggrin.gif

http://i969.photobuc...eli/EFLC055.png

well, that looks actually very good^^

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ May 7 2011, 09:30)

Then I'm relieved now biggrin.gif

I almost forgot about that swift chopper. Was it still a WIP?

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (JJJ8 @ May 7 2011, 14:15)
QUOTE (chasez @ May 7 2011, 09:30)

Then I'm relieved now biggrin.gif

I almost forgot about that swift chopper. Was it still a WIP?

I just don't think it's worth working with it. As an original swift it looks really good but after I chopped off some parts it looks like a peace of crap. Maybe the Bell412 skids could make it sexier, I'll try to add them biggrin.gif lol

JJJ8
  • JJJ8

Emergency

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ May 8 2011, 10:07)
I just don't think it's worth working with it. As an original swift it looks really good but after I chopped off some parts it looks like a peace of crap. Maybe the Bell412 skids could make it sexier, I'll try to add them biggrin.gif lol

I do have to agree with that "not worthy" part. Atleast for a police helicopter, the Bell is a hundred times sexier.
It might be a good use by ripping off the useless rear doors off and send them into Higgins heli tours lol.gif

Yea, to be honest, those default skids doesn't look nice on this one, but maybe Bell412 skids are not a good choice too...
This helicopter is meant to be on tires, for my opinion.

Eiswolfi
  • Eiswolfi

GTA 4 enb- and policeskinmaker

• Members

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

user posted imageuser posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users