Quantcast

» «
Photo

What happened to Carl Johnson, did he get killed?

446 replies to this topic
Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (nickstemoeilijk @ Jun 2 2008, 20:09)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 2 2008, 19:38)
QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Jun 2 2008, 19:36)
I really hope that they just put that wall there for fun and that all those main characters aren't dead. I already didn't like Rockstar's "Starting off fresh" idea, but the fact that they killed them off is even worse.

Yeah I would have LOVED it if they continued with the GTAIII-canon in more than just 5 games, IMO they should return into it, I found that timeline pretty successful, I want all the unused characters return, such as CJ and Tommy, Sweet, Ryder and more, mostly from San Andreas.
That timeline is a real classic. GTA IV has in fact f*cked up everything with it's new and boring characters.

Give it time!

In a couple of years you'll be talking in the same way about this cannon.

You haven't gotten emotionally attached to the new series yet, that's all.

DeJa Vu all over again eh?

Just accept they're as dead as pixels people. It's not like you'll be playing as them in a future game.

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

I hope he's dead. I hated C.J., he was stupid, lame and fat. C.J. can go die. rampage_ani.gif

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (The Kirbster @ Jun 2 2008, 21:50)
I hope he's dead. I hated C.J., he was stupid, lame and fat. C.J. can go die. rampage_ani.gif

That's strange, I can't recall my CJ ever being fat. Mine was anorexic, I just kept giving him food and he just kept barf8bd.gif.

wink.gif

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

Thats odd. My CJ is bulked up, smart, respectable, well clothed, extremely bada**, with a nice sense of humour and pretty cool character.

Maybe you bought the wrong game. Or are you talking about CJ Parker? tounge.gif

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:38 AM

I doubt that he 'got the electric chair'. He most likely died from gang violence (either got gunned down or his house blown up with him in it).

DjMiikkii
  • DjMiikkii

Hardstyle FTW!

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:51 AM

if he is still alive he would be like 30 40 years old cos wasnt san andreas set in like the early 90's? but they did say none of the characters would be coming back so he could be dead. who knows....

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:39 AM

I would like to think they are not dead, just for cameo purposes. I was over the moon when I drove into the desert to pick up Truth's mate, and it was non other than Kent Paul - one of my favourite characters in San An (Danny Dyer is brilliant at everything he does). I would have liked old characters in IV.

And CJ being the worst? notify.gif Surely you mean the best? He was the most versitile, most customizable, coolest, most ruthless - I don't even like the gang culture, I think it's idiotic and futile, I have never seen boyz in the hood - and don't want to, but I loved San An, and CJ, and if my ps3 was 60GB and backwards compatible (as opposed to a 40GB), I'd be playing it right now. Taking over and controlling the hood, and taking out the rogue cop - that's 2 main objectives in one story.

What are the chances of a San Andreas Stories? Have R* confirmed yes or no on this yet?

If they are all dead, then I would like a return to San Andreas in modern times, as an 18 - 20 year old Carl Johnson Jr.

The Kirbster
  • The Kirbster

Dragon

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Jun 4 2008, 15:49)

Thats odd. My CJ is bulked up, smart, respectable, well clothed, extremely bada**, with a nice sense of humour and pretty cool character.

Maybe you bought the wrong game. Or are you talking about CJ Parker? tounge.gif

Ok, maybe he wasn't THAT fat, but I didn't find his sense of humour funny. He was really stupid and lame IMO. He acted cool, but just wasn't.

NZskep
  • NZskep

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (nickstemoeilijk @ Jun 2 2008, 21:59)

That's strange, I can't recall my CJ ever being fat. Mine was anorexic, I just kept giving him food and he just kept barf8bd.gif.

wink.gif

that's not anorexia, that's bulimia.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:34 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 09 March 2009 - 07:50 PM.

QUOTE (The Kirbster @ Jun 5 2008, 04:17)
Ok, maybe he wasn't THAT fat, but I didn't find his sense of humour funny. He was really stupid and lame IMO. He acted cool, but just wasn't.

Hey no problems, opinions are opinions. Its not that Claude had me going "OMG that guys COO..OOOL and AWESOO...OOME" like some people.

But I've always loved his dialogues in the Zero Missions. Missions were badly implemented - true; but hey, the situations and the dialogues, especially CJ's lines always crcked me up.

Zero : Here. I'm leaving everything to you in case I don't make it.....Thanks.
CJ : I already OWN it. What is wrong with you?

lol.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:36 PM

I laughed at Air Raid.

CJ: Ahhhhhhh Berkley!
Zero: YESSSS!
CJ: WHO THE f*ck IS BERKLEY?
Zero: A man who I once beat in fair competition...
CJ: You put hands on him?
Zero: No I never meant violence
CJ: Because you knocked his bitch!

Last line was funniest.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:41 PM Edited by Dark_side646, 09 March 2009 - 07:45 PM.

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 5 2008, 18:36)
I laughed at Air Raid.

CJ:† Because you knocked his bitch!

Last line was funniest.

I know and totally agree about the last line. Ahem, however... angry.gif

Zero : No. I never initiate violence.
CJ : Oh, I know. You knocked his [email protected]#$h. (lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif )
Zero : Um, no. I won the prize at the Science fair....first prize, that is.
CJ : mercie_blink.gif .........and now he wanna pop you?.......... lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif and the say gangbagers is petty an' small minded.

LMAO, right?

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Protonkid @ Jun 2 2008, 06:37)
Lets make it this way. They all existed in GTA III universe. We all know that Vic is dead and was probably killed in 1985. Rumours were that Tommy is rehabbed.

And most likely dead as well. He'd be in his late 40's or early to mid 50's by 2008, and the fact he's some drug lord he'd be dead along the way as someone else is always gonna try to climb to the top. Claude, Toni, CJ are all most likely dead.

Why? They're criminals. They will never survive that long. Especially Claude.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Dark_side646 @ Jun 5 2008, 18:41)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 5 2008, 18:36)
I laughed at Air Raid.

CJ:  Because you knocked his bitch!

Last line was funniest.

I know and totally agree about the last line. Ahem, however... angry.gif

Zero : No. I never initiate violence.
CJ : Oh......*then instantly* You knocked his [email protected]#$h. (lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif )
Zero : Um, no. I won the prize at the Science fair....first prize, that is.
CJ : mercie_blink.gif ................... lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif and the say gangbagers is petty an' small minded.

LMAO, right?

Yeah I just knew the script went somewhat along the lines I said.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (nickstemoeilijk @ Jun 3 2008, 07:09)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 2 2008, 19:38)
QUOTE (Mzeppelin @ Jun 2 2008, 19:36)
I really hope that they just put that wall there for fun and that all those main characters aren't dead. I already didn't like Rockstar's "Starting off fresh" idea, but the fact that they killed them off is even worse.

Yeah I would have LOVED it if they continued with the GTAIII-canon in more than just 5 games, IMO they should return into it, I found that timeline pretty successful, I want all the unused characters return, such as CJ and Tommy, Sweet, Ryder and more, mostly from San Andreas.
That timeline is a real classic. GTA IV has in fact f*cked up everything with it's new and boring characters.

Give it time!

In a couple of years you'll be talking in the same way about this cannon.

You haven't gotten emotionally attached to the new series yet, that's all.

I agree with this. I'm sure people felt the same way about the characters in GTA III aswell.

As time progresses R* will probably think of more interesting characters to add.

Also yeah I think they're all pretty much dead, as far as the GTA IV canon goes.

R* still have the opportunity for a San Andreas Stories to really finish off the GTA III canon.

gypo
  • gypo

Mightyman

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

And of course , Its a game , so even if they are dead , They can be brought back from the dead no probs , with some cheesey sun set beach style storyline sly.gif

Nico Bellic
  • Nico Bellic

Well...Since you've put it that way...i'm in.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:15 PM

i think they are all alive and whit those graffiti thing on the wall's in gta 4 r* just jokes ...i dont want to say you all guys are wrong but ....its rockstar anyway they can say and make everything they want so we are not sure about anything.everyone of Claude ,CJ ,Toni ,Tommy and Vic can be dead or alive ,you can say that Claude lived in Playboy x's apartment because there you can find hes cloths when you go there whit Nico in gta 4,and that he left this apartment or is dead or not ...everything is possible ,like i sad nothing is sure when r* are making games... biggrin.gif

kvlpp
  • kvlpp

Grand Theft Auto Master!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

we all know vic is dead ryt(at the intro of vice city)....the remaining protagonist will be claude,tommy,carl,nico,tony and niko.....i think rockstar intentionally make this

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (kvlpp @ Jun 21 2008, 18:00)
we all know vic is dead ryt(at the intro of vice city)....the remaining protagonist will be claude,tommy,carl,nico,tony and niko.....i think rockstar intentionally make this

Victor is not 100% made sure to be the guy killed in the beginning of VC. Look at his accent, his head from the neck, he just has nothing that reminds me of VCS Vic. And also how could a badass killer like Vic die by a couple of bullets, or FFS come to such a place unarmed and without any body armor. Also you mentioned Niko Bellic twice above.

And Carl Johnson lives but ain't banging with Grove anymore, Tommy Vercetti is a retired man and now a father. Claude is just lonely on the streets protected by the Yakuza. Toni Cipriani is a fat slob living with his mother and Victor already retired after the end of VCS from doing crime and lay low, don't touch drugs either.

kvlpp
  • kvlpp

Grand Theft Auto Master!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 21 2008, 18:10)

Victor is not 100% made sure to be the guy killed in the beginning of VC. Look at his accent, his head from the neck, he just has nothing that reminds me of VCS Vic. And also how could a badass killer like Vic die by a couple of bullets, or FFS come to such a place unarmed and without any body armor. Also you mentioned Niko Bellic twice above.

And Carl Johnson lives but ain't banging with Grove anymore, Tommy Vercetti is a retired man and now a father. Claude is just lonely on the streets protected by the Yakuza. Toni Cipriani is a fat slob living with his mother and Victor already retired after the end of VCS from doing crime and lay low, don't touch drugs either.

ohhh thx for the correction hahaha

but who da hell killed on the very beginning of the vice city? lance was at the helicopter

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (kvlpp @ Jun 21 2008, 18:24)

but who da hell killed on the very beginning of the vice city? lance was at the helicopter

Some say it's Pete the third brother mentioned in VCS and others say it's Vic himself.

kvlpp
  • kvlpp

Grand Theft Auto Master!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:52 PM

pete vance? can somebody give me a pic of pete vance? hahahahaha so we can compare it from the cutscene in the vice city and in the vice city stories

Jonesizzle
  • Jonesizzle

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:05 PM

Yes, they're all dead, as they don't exist in GTAIVs universe.

Wanted Assailant
  • Wanted Assailant

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Jun 21 2008, 18:26)
QUOTE (kvlpp @ Jun 21 2008, 18:24)

Some say it's Pete the third brother mentioned in VCS and others say it's Vic himself.

You guys just don't get it.

Vice City was developed and made before Vice City Stories. Rockstar didn't have the intention or even thoughts of bringing a third grade character back. He was just there for the backstory as being in the ambushed deal and being Lance's brother. Lance met Tommy all due to the ambush deal and his dead brother. They decided to bring him back, reformed. Just pretend that's not Vic in the beginning.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

Yeah Vic was first an unimportant character there as the one killed in the intro. But in VCS they made him the protagonist and made another brother named Pete as an excuse for the dead brother not being Victor.

Californian
  • Californian

LocoLowCo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:59 PM Edited by Californian, 21 June 2008 - 08:10 PM.

From what i heard, they asked Rockstar if "We'll see any returning characters?" Rockstar replied, "Virtually none, all of our favourite characters are dead anyways." Meaning our favourites, doesn't neccessarly mean the main characters of each GTA game. Therefore, CJ (and others) could still be alive.

What Rockstar meant by our favourites is probably Salvatore, Lance, Sonny, etc.

GTAIV is a new universe from GTAIII, VC, SA. Of course you'll see references in IV, but it's just for memories from past GTA's. After all, it's just a game.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

Judging by the prescence of "R.I.P", which stands for "Rest in peace", I think we can safely assume that all the protagonists are dead.

Of course this will probably become another Vic Vance incident, with everyone screaming and proclaiming that they aren't dead and go to great lengths to make up ways in which the graffiti does not imply they are deceased despite the implict evidence staring you right in the face.

suicidal.gif

'V.x.'
  • 'V.x.'

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

the most interesting that all games are conected some how ....
for exsaple : in SA i saw the player from GTA 3 thats came from Liberty ( thats the city in GTA 3 )
as carl jonson he too came from Liberty City .... also in SA i saw Tommy versety . from VC ..
so probably CJ dies sad.gif but who cares when there is a GTA 4 smile.gif ( its a joke wink.gif )

all the players in ALL the games were doing something that make them to big killers so maybe
but maybe rockstar will make some one a game where will be all the player ageinst each other ................

kvlpp
  • kvlpp

Grand Theft Auto Master!

• Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

user posted image
victor vance at vcs

user posted image
at the very intro of vice city

Fahel
  • Fahel

Haters gonna hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (kvlpp @ Jun 22 2008, 10:34)
user posted image
victor vance at vcs

user posted image
at the very intro of vice city

I can see similarities on this pics. They have a similar face.
Guys, let's face this: Vic IS dead!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users