» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Two Underbosses

80 replies to this topic
Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:13 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 24 September 2011 - 12:12 PM.

Sanjeem , Claude4Catalina and
Rockstar Games Presents

user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Theme Song

user posted image

You play as 43 year old Sammy Bottino, who has gone into hiding because of a murder he supposedly committed in Vice city. However with the death of Jon Gravelli the Don of the Gambetti family, the organization is in disarray and needs new leadership. Sammy being the official underboss before going into hiding believes that it is he, who deserves the title. However, Roy Zito another up and coming member of the family who had stayed exceedingly loyal to Gravelli when Sammy was in hiding also maintains the current position of Underboss, and thinks he should become the Boss of the whole borgata as well. When the two find out the current situation, things don't go too well for the both of them as there is a power struggle. Who's going to be the new Leader? Roy an accused Homosexual, or Sammy "The Bull"?

This game will contain roughly 20 or more missions, and the first scene and mission will be set before Niko's story but the gameplay will be set after Niko's story, but during the middle and last moments of TLAD and TBOGT and also flowing on after them as well. This is where Sammy Bottino's safehouse is, A nice luxury apartment overlooking the whole Park.

user posted image

user posted image

It's 2008 and 43 year old Sammy Bottino has just touched down in Liberty City after laying low for a murder he committed in Vice city. He catches a cab to his safehouse and changes into a well-tailored suit. This is because he is attending Jon Gravelli's funeral to pay his respects. He phones up one of his best friends and Capo called Artie Caruso who would be picking him up and take him to the funeral. Once there, Sammy would soon meet and greet his old guys, and also learn that a sneaky slime ball by the name Roy Zito presumably has taken his place as Underboss.

After the funeral, Sammy is approached by FIB agents and arrested for his possible role in the murder in Vice city. He is taken to the police station and denies everything. It is then shown that in a trial due to the lack of evidence and witnesses plus a plea bargain is found guilty of lesser charges of Illegal gambling and is sent to prison for 4 months.

Once his time is done, he is finally released and is picked up by his best friend Artie. With so much hassle going on recently when out and about the family have a debate of who shall take over as Boss. Sammy finds out more about Roy Zito and is enraged when he finds out he's becoming Boss. With Sammy's anger he convinces the capo's to wait and decide again in the future, so they do. Sammy then starts earning with Artie by setting up gambling games and collecting Loan shark money. Also Narcotics trafficking, buying off Dominican Willy Valerio and selling to the North Holland Hustlers.

Sammy soon finds out that Roy Zito is rumoured to be hanging in Ancelloti-sponsored nightclubs, so Artie digs for information when Sammy informs him. In the meantime though, Sammy and other members plan on extorting some new construction unions, by making them buy the Gambetti owned cement brand, and eliminating all the other competitors.

Sammy will now have the option to buy up legitimate businesses around the city, including Nightclubs, restaurants and other chunks of property. To Sammy's delight, a soldier called Danny Romeo in Zito's faction has confirmed that Zito and Tony spent the night together. When they found out about this they called a meeting in a discreet basement the next day excluding Zito and his crew except Danny who actually hates fags. It is said that nor Sammy or Roy would get the position and that was final, but Underboss was still available and Sammy was prepared to fight for his rank.

At the end of the meeting, it's decided that Roy has to be clipped. A first attempt is tried when you hide a bomb under a car that he went to a restaurant in and look with binoculars. You see a man who appears to be Roy wearing a hat entering the car, and you detonate the bomb and watch the car explode and leave. You then hear from Artie who calls you that it was Zito's loyalist and capo Frankie Moletto who got blown up. There was going to be a second attempt, but this time with Roy scared and hiding, there had to be no mistakes.

Artie along with other members and help from Petrovic had found out where Roy was hiding out and armed with his loyalists in a Broker project. When you arrive with goons and Artie, you open fire and chase him down in his car. With his driver dead he gets out and you kidnap him and drive him to a safehouse in Alderney. There you perform a full execution with members using bats, chains and even dildo's mocking him. The Final stroke is performed by Sammy who although feels sympathy realising Roy is only human, puts a quick bullet in his chest, killing him.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Un-mentioned characters in Story :

Cassius Philips : A retired Vietnam war veteran who is now part of the North Holland Hustlers African American street gang. His main interests are weapons, and serves as a weapons dealer for the Gambetti crime family. Whenever Sammy is in need of weapons, he will go to his good friend Cassius. Cassius is 57 and is an associate of the family.

user posted image

Racketeering

Illegal Gambling

This Activity can be triggered by Calling up your best friend and a Capo in the organization, Artie Caruso. When you call him he will give you a location and the goods you have to collect. You will then collect a Van full of goods and deliver it to the location where the attendants, whether they be criminals, ordinary civilians or even corrupt officials. Once delivered a cut scene will show people setting out the tables and there are a mixed variety of games.

• Poker
• Russian roulette
• Black Jack
• Slot machines
• Bingo
• keno

You can either choose to take part in them or simply choose to "Skip" watch a quick cutscene of the night and then in the end you reap the cash that you made throughout the night which will usually be around $250,000 - 1,000,000. Due to this, some people may now be in debt, if it's a corrupt Official he will give you his phone number and you can call him to get the police off your back for up to 3 stars, until his debt is removed. Others will simply be in debt, and if they don't repay you will be forced to take action, hurt them until they eventually sell their car or something.

Extortion

This Activity is a common one within the Mafia. In the game there will be certain stores on the Map available that show you which businesses you can extort money from. When you walk in the shop if you don't want to buy something, you can press Triangle, which will make the protagonist ask for a certain amount of money depending how successful the store is. It can range between $500-$10,000 a month. If the store owner pays, no problem but if he doesn't then you will have to use threats of violence to make him, if you kill him the store will be un-available to extort cash from again.

Drug Trafficking

Another lucrative activity performed by the Mafia, however has always looked down upon. You can buy drugs from Dominican drug middleman Willy Valerio for a cheap price, and sell it on to other gangs around the city each month for about $50,000 a kilo and usually sell it to the North Holland Hustlers, with arms dealer Cassius Philips as a close associate the gang buys of the Gambetti family.

Truck Hijacking

You can this mission from the beginning of the game, and it becomes a lucrative money-maker for Sammy. Basically, you can steal any truck or van (see below) and depending on the contents, you can begin to make a serious amount of money. You can usual tell the cargo by the advertisements on the side, so pick the one that is best for you.

Speedo base rate of pay: $3,000
Pony base rate of pay: $3,500
Burrito base rate of pay: $3,500
Boxville base rate of pay: $4,000
Steed base rate of pay: $4,500
Mule base rate of pay: $5,000
Benson base rate of pay: $5,500
Yankee base rate of pay: $6,000

Depending on the cargo, your pay will increase. So a Mule with Electrical Appliances will be worth less than a Mule with Narcotics.

Electrical Appliances +$1,500
Furniture +£1,500
Clothing +$1,500
Beer +$2,000
Pharmaceuticals +$2,000
Mail and Packages +$2,000
Vodka +$2,500
Cigarettes +$2,500
Narcotics +$4,000

Blank or miscellaneous vans usually carry Narcotics but also have an armed passenger. Sometimes cargo won’t be found but a pay-out of anything up to $4,000 will be given, along with a gang sending out a Vincent full of armed gangsters to attack you…turns out you stole the gang’s money truck. Whatever happens, fight off the attackers and reap the rewards by dropping the truck off at one of the Parking Bays dotted around Liberty City.

Your Crew

Whenever faced with a violent problem and need a strategic plan to get out of it, simply call up Artie and select the Back-up option on the phone. He will then bring himself and his crew of soldiers and associates, battling it out against gang rivals or cops to help protect you.

Buying Assets

Unlike in Some games such as LCS and IV where you had so much money you couldn’t spend it really on anything worth of its value, there are now assets around the city that you can buy just for fun, that way it also makes your organization look legal, They will be restaurants and nightclubs as well as supermarkets and other buildings. You can also safe your game at these locations.

Paramedic and Vigilante

Vigil-Anti

There are now 10 knew fugitives that are placed on the LCPD Database, All with the description below for you to take out and get rewarded, once completed all there will be a reward of a special vehicle, see new Vehicle's to see the reward.

Ryan Jeffreys - Gang Boss
Sam O'Reilly - Irish thug
Alim Debroski - Chechen Terrorist
Masul Kareem - Iraqi terrorist
Hamza Vulaj - Albanian mobster
Jospeh Pintero - Mafia associate
Diego Alvarez - Spanish Lords member
Yan Ivanov - Polish fraudster
Chico Mendez - Mexican fugitive
Win Juesong - Triad Boss

Paramedics and Fire-fighters

There will a limited amount of people dying and in need of help when their car is one fire or house in burning down. Attending each of these missions can be triggered in the Vehicle or at the station by swiftly pressing L1, and for each level there will be a higher cash reward. There will be 10 of each mission, once complete each one, you get new vehicles that spawn near your safehouse, or on the street. See Vehicles section for Reward.

Reward and New Vehicles
user posted image

The Water Sparrow

After you have completed all the 10 Vigilante Missions this will be Unlocked in one of the Heli spaces at the Heli-Port in Algonquin. This Helicopter is Unique because it has the ability to land on water as well as on land so if you accidently get shot down you can land on water and escape that way. Also it has guns on it and can shoot at enemies, better than the Annihilator.
user posted image

Panther

After you have completed all the paramedic Missions which is 10, you will be able to collect this car as spawns at your safehouse and once in it, they spawn all over the city for ever in different colours. It is based on the Audi R8. Once you have it, it will usually be driven around by Rich people, or Triad members.
user posted image

Sentinel V3

Once completed all Fire-fighter missions this will spawn at your safehouse. Once in it, it will spawn all around the city and is usually seen driven by American Mafia members. Also it comes in all different colours and is very good at turning around sharp corners and also is quite a speedy car when feeling the cops.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:15 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 02 May 2011 - 06:39 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

Mission No.Mission NameMission Giver
Mission IntroFugitiveN/A
Mission 1Out and AboutN/A
Mission 2Track it and JacketArtie Caruso
user posted image

Sanjeem - His Idea from the start, and contributed in every section
Claude4Catalina - Contributed Amazingly in every section as well
Narcis Speed - Logos and Screenshots

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

***reserved for future posts***

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Im really liking this. icon14.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (LuisBellic @ Apr 25 2011, 19:03)
Im really liking this. icon14.gif

Thanks, when we get into the second page or so we will start posting the missions that Claude4Catalina has been working on.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:24 PM

This is the kinda thing I'd love from a GTA game. The "your crew" thing and the truck hijacking to make a bit of money. Superb icon14.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

I really like this. I'm looking forward to the updates. Also those are amazing screenshots, just as I though Sammy would be. Bravo!

Catloaf and breadfish for you! catloaf_by_anuj.gif breadfish_by_Moto.gif

LEXTY
  • LEXTY

"♫ Barefoot girls, Dancing in the moonlight"

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:27 PM

It's great.
Claude4Catalina , if it's OK. Could I join in and help out with this concept thread?
I feel like I need to help out more.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

well Sanjeem is what we would consider 'project manager' to an extent, and we've pretty much got everything covered between us, but feel free to post an suggestions and if we use them, you'll be credited.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

This Is great man. Good work you two icon14.gif

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Apr 25 2011, 22:24)
This is the kinda thing I'd love from a GTA game. The "your crew" thing and the truck hijacking to make a bit of money. Superb icon14.gif

Yeah it's a good option, well I'm heading back to school later so I hope this topic progresses through out the week, C4C will post the missions.

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

#stopmonsanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

Minor suggestion. As an interesting parallel, the real life Sammy the Bull always liked to keep his head down in comparison to whoever his boss was at the moment. It's not really necessary in any way, but building a sympathetic protagonist is necessary when you put him on a vengeance mission, and having him carry his own luggage, avoid too much attention, be savvy against getting tracked by the feds, is a good way to differentiate himself from a guy like Roy Zito who seems to love the nightlife. I'm liking the return of Most Wanted, as they were my favorite missions of IV. Wish I thought of that first tounge.gif

For realism purposes, I suggest throwing in some FBI interference, and everything should be good to go. Liking it so far.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

because there will be six missions, 2 for each of your captains, each capo will have a secondary storyline, one of them will revolve around the union cement fiasco, so one of the others could be to do with the FIB getting involved in the organization's affairs...probably try to be unique with some gratious violence in the form of bombing an FIB building, possibly the apartment of the managing director.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:03 PM

Coming on good, C4C how about posting the first Mission eh?
If not do it soon anyway man.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:45 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 30 April 2011 - 02:06 PM.

first mission acts as more of an introduction to the storyline than anything else, but enjoy.

Introductory Mission-Fugitive

“Home.” Sammy Bottino smiled as he stepped out of the Francis International Airport main terminal, dressed in his casual clothes. Sammy flags down a taxi and hands a piece of paper to the driver with the address of a safe house set up for him by his best friend, Artie Caruso. As Sammy travels through Liberty City and to a luxurious apartment in the Mammon Heights, the usual scenery passes by. Sammy enters the lobby and approaches the desk.
“Sammy Bottino, Apartment 169 I believe?” He asks.
“Yes, just sign here and I’ll get you the keys.” The receptionist smiles as she hands Sammy a set of keys.
“Thank you Miss.” Sammy takes the keys and the scene cuts to a him entering the apartment, he drops his case and reads a note on the counter.
Sammy, give me a call when you read this and I’ll swing by and pick you up-Artie
“Artie?” Sammy says down the phone.
“How’d you find the new place? Pretty swanky huh?” Artie chuckles.
“Yeah, it’s pretty nice. You gonna pick me up?”
“I’ll be over in a minute.”
Sammy puts the phone down, changes into his tailored suit, locks his apartment and heads downstairs and outside. He waits for a moment and notices a black sedan parked on the opposite side of the road. Within seconds Artie pulls up in his silver Schyster PMP 600.

The scene cuts to Sammy and Artie pulling up outside the Suffolk Church and heading around the back, joining several other Mafiosi, including Jon Gravelli’s son, Junior, wearing a heavy leather overcoat, smoking in the corner, away from the official Gambetti Family members. Sammy and Artie went over and stood with four of Sammy’s old captains, Carlo Jacovino, James ‘Jimmy’ Alvarado, Adam De Luca and Lino Trentini.
“Just how the boss would want it.” Adam De Luca solemnly spoke as the concrete lid on Jon Gravelli’s tomb-like grave was closed, symbolising the end of an era.
“So…we going to get back to normal?” Sammy asks his captains.
“Didn’t anyone tell you?” James Alvarado says.
“What you talking about Jimmy?” Sammy continues.
“Roy Zito is Underboss now.” Carlo Jacovino informs Sammy, just as the clock strikes.

Sammy stares daggers through Carlo and walks away in shock, storming in front of the church. Just as he goes to enter Artie’s sedan, the sirens on the same black FIB Cruiser blare, and two agents step out with .40 Pistol’s drawn, aiming at Sammy.

The scene cuts to a courthouse, the slamming of the gavel, and then the slamming of Sammy’s cell doors.
So there I was, returning to Liberty City and within two hours of being there, I’d managed to have my position stripped by some homo, arrested in front of my ex-crew, and sentenced to 4 months in the sh*thole…ain’t life a bitch?

Four months later, Sammy is released and picked up again by Artie in the same silver PMP 600, following on to the next mission…

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

Actually, this is very good. You captured most of the characters perfectly.

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

Great introduction. Your story is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than what I had planned for Family Values when I was working on it.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:29 PM

Why don't you use TLAD's sawn off instead of that mutantifyed shotgun of yours,

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:46 PM

As im sure you are aware, i cant stand DLC's... to me they just seem so uninventive cos they use IV's map and they are all based on street gangs or mafia, but this one is different, i could get into this

Gd work icon14.gif

EDIT: Don't get me wrong - i respect anyone who spends time writing anything, i'm not knocking the ideas of the people, im knocking the way they're used...

LCollusions
  • LCollusions

Sexy Ladies.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

You started me bad, 43? What the f*ck!? No offense, But I wouldn't like that one bit.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:29 AM

the character and age was Sanjeem's idea, but with that said, I think seeing LC from a middle aged cynics eyes instead of a 20/30 somethings eyes would be pretty cool, it's one of the comprimises of playing as someone high-up in the Mafia food chain.

I made the sawn-off icon a while ago and thought it would look good, to represent an actual sawn-off semi automatic for better concealment than a lupura, and it can hold an extra 2 rounds in the mag tube.

but anyway cheers for the comments, and the honesty means quite a bit drscot, cheers mate.

next mission will be up later.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:39 AM

Cassius Phillips would have to be 10-20 years older to have been in Vietnam man. I would make him a Gulf War Veteran instead. icon14.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

Can't wait for the next mission icon14.gif

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ May 2 2011, 10:39)
Cassius Phillips would have to be 10-20 years older to have been in Vietnam man. I would make him a Gulf War Veteran instead.  icon14.gif

I think that was one fo the things that got a bit muddled up while me and Sanjeem were exchanging PM's; I'll iron that and a few minor mistakes out.

and Thomas my friend, I have the antidote to your excitement...a new shiny mission! wink.gif

Out and About

“Sammy!” Artie cheerfully greets his old friend as he steps out of the silver sedan, stumbling slightly.
“Artie…how’s things been?” Sammy chuckles.
“Hmm, pretty good, here, we’ve got a meeting to get to…you should drive…he-he.” Artie laughs and winks at Sammy, who gets in the driver’s seat of the PMP 600.

A waypoint appears at The Majestic Hotel on Nickel Street.

Artie: We’re meeting them on the top floor of The Majestic, I’ve rented the entire suite, rumour has it that some of the Jewish Mob died up in there…hoping we don’t get jumped, it is only us two and a few other captains that know about this.
Sammy: Don’t tempt fate, if it happens, we know we have a mole.
Artie: I trust you didn’t speak to the Feds while you were inside?
Sammy: f*ck no! Only when I had to…
Artie: What do you mean?
Sammy: The obvious courtesy, they know I think they are pig bastards, but I’m not going to openly tell them that.
Artie: Say whatever you want, as long as it doesn’t incriminate our organization.
Sammy: I wouldn’t dream of turning rat…I’ve seen what we do to those who do.
Artie: Ha! You remember Big Bobby Belluci, when he turns states?
Sammy: I remember hearing him screaming for us to stop…my time in Vice has blurred my memory a bit.
Artie: You enjoy your vacation?
Sammy: It was pretty good, still pissed off with that fa**ot Zito taking my spot.
Artie: We couldn’t go without a second in command while you were away, nearly three years?
Sammy: About that, yeah.
Artie: Besides, this meeting is going to sort out the problems, personally, between you and me, I’d rather you were leading us, but it’s not just up to me.
Sammy: Who are Zito’s captains?
Artie: He has Danny Romeo, Frankie Moletto, Mario Milano and Alfredo Buccho. Frankie is zealously loyal to Roy, some have suspected an affair.
Sammy: Frank? Frankie Moletto? I raised that ungrateful f*ck back when he was a soldier with us, now Zito controls him?
Artie: Yeah, and to be honest, I can see Zito’s boys all voting for him to run this outfit, same with your captains, leaving it up to me…
Sammy: Do me a favour?
Artie: Depends what it is?
Sammy: Call it a day and reset the meeting, I want to out Zito for the closet fa**ot that he is.
Artie: I’ll see what I can do.

Park outside The Majestic, behind Roy’s blue Oracle. You and Artie go in the hotel and head upstairs to the top floor and enter the penthouse suite. Danny, Frankie, Carlo and Lino are all sitting on the sofas with a drink in hand while the rest of Roy’s and Sammy’s crew were either in the kitchen or standing around chatting.
“Artie…” Lino stands up and shakes Artie’s hand, then nods at Sammy.
Artie leads to the dining table and everyone follows, Sammy sitting at one end, Artie at the other. Roy’s crew flank Sammy’s left while his loyalists are sitting to his right.
“Now, gentlemen.” Artie began. “It has come to my attention that some of you would rather Roy didn’t hold the position on Boss of our humble organization…”
“It’s because he’s a f*cking fag!” Danny Romeo exclaims, Mario Milano restraining him.
“Daniel…sit down.” Artie glared at Danny, who promptly took his seat again. “All of those in favour of Roy Zito taking control of the family raise your hand.”
All of Roy’s captains, apart from Danny, raised their hand. Sammy looked in content as James ‘Jimmy’ Alvarado, Adam De Luca and Lino Trentini’s hands rested firmly in their lap. He then noticed Carlo Jacovino raise his hand.
“Carlo?” Sammy asks in disgust.
“I’ve got my reasons.” The cocky captain snared at Sammy.
“Hmm, it appears we are in deadlock, meaning the decision is mine…gentlemen we will recap this meeting at a later date and a different location, in the meantime, keep your noses clean and your head low. The other families will try to take advantage now that we are in such predicament, however they should respect the code…you are free to leave.” Artie ends the meeting and watches as the captains leave the penthouse suite, leaving just him and Sammy.
“Go back to mine for a few drinks?” Sammy offers.
“Gladly, I could murder a scotch.”

You will be back in Sammy’s PMP 600 and need to drive back to your apartment.

Artie: sh*t, what was up with Carlo?
Sammy: I haven’t got a clue. Strikes me as odd that he wants Zito to lead us.
Artie: You should know why, look after your crew and they will look after you.
Sammy: What you mean?
Artie: I mean that you should socialize with them more often; give one of them a call and all five of you can go out for the night or something.
Sammy: Yeah, I will do.

You arrive back at the apartment where you take your jacket off, throw it on the bed and begin pouring two glasses of scotch. Time skips and Artie is seen leaving, promising to contact you when a job pops up.

You can now save your game. Approach the bed to save or stand in front of the TV to kick back and watch something, or head to the wardrobe to change your clothes. Either way, the mission is done.

Mission Passed
+$100

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:14 PM

Nice bro.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:27 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 12 May 2011 - 02:20 PM.

After free roaming around for a bit, Artie will call with a business opportunity.

Artie: Sammy? You in need of a quick buck?
Sammy: I could do with it, FIB seized my assets.
Artie: Bastards. Come see me at my place, you remember where it is right?
Sammy: Third floor apartment on Ruby?
Artie: Yeah, talk a walk round here; you could do with the exercise.

An A for Artie appears not too far away in Varsity Heights.

Track It and Jacket

Sammy rings the buzzer and the door automatically unlocks. He heads up three stories and Artie already has the door open, so Sammy walks in.
“Artie?” He shouts.
“Yeah, I’m just in the kitchen.” Artie walks out, hands covered in red goo.
“I don’t want to know…” Sammy says slowly.
“I was making pizza!” Artie tries to defend himself.
“That’s a damn messy pizza.”
“Chinese pizza.” Artie jokes, leading into the kitchen.
“What?” Sammy asks, following him.
“Our slope friend here has been telling me all about their little business venture, ain’t that right, No Ting Wong?” Artie explains, taking a pizza cutter to the Triads face. The Triad screams for mercy before collapsing.
“Whoa…brutal.” Sammy says nonchalantly. “What was this quick buck we said about?”
“The Triads have been running counterfeit Perseus suits into the city thought the docks in Westminster. I need you to take their van and bring it back here, I’ll dispose of it. If them suits hit the streets, we’ll lose protection money from Perseus.” Artie tells Sammy.

When the cutscene is over, you’ll be standing outside Artie’s apartment. Notice the Cavalcade FXT across the street…big, heavy and powerful…perfect for stopping a van. Take the FXT and head down to the docks where Triads will have just finished loading a van and be taking it to Chinatown. Start ramming it until the driver gives in and gets out. Either engage in the fistfight or speed off, but either way; bring the Burrito back to Artie’s. When you get back, park the van in the empty lot next to Artie’s and James Alvarado will take it off your hands.

“Good work Sam.” Artie says to Sammy, handing him a roll of cash. “Come back sometime, I’ve always got more work. In the meantime, head over to Perseus and get some new threads, they know you are one of us so you’ll get discount.”

Mission Passed
+$250
Perseus unlocked

I'm in the process of writing mission thirteen, and by the looks of things I can only stretch this being a sixteen-mission concept, but it'll be done in a Fight Club style 'you meet me at a very strange time in my life.' to counter how short it will be, I'm gonna post a mission every couple of days to keep things going, and make additional side mission briefs for the new Most Wanted's.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

Just got a chance to read through this topic in it's entirety. At first I thought that the subject matter was a bit too narrow and would be more suited to being just a simple plot point within a bigger story. After reading the missions though my mind is starting to change. I like the way you guys have devided up the various tasks in this story allowing C4C to do what he does best which is writing. I do have some criticisms of Sammy though.. firstly I think his character model looks a bit too latino for a guy who is supposed to be italian american.. I'm also not really finding myself being all that drawn to his personality since to be honest he comes accross as a bit flat, although this is something that will likely change as you post more of the story. That said though this seems to be shaping up to be an interesting topic.. keep up the good work guys.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:44 PM Edited by Claude4Catalina, 12 May 2011 - 02:20 PM.

I've expanded on some things in the plot, it is still fairly tunnelled, all of your exployers are mafia associates and its a case of doing jobs for the family. I've tried to tie up all the loose ends (I'm in the process of writing mission 17, which is the peniultimate mission, it's becoming the Scarfare to Family Ties's The Godfather Trilogy in the sense that it is closed by the last mission, it opens at mission 1 and closes at mission 18, the deed is done, whereas with bigger concepts, Family Ties could be compared to a TV series, whereas The Two Underbosses is a standalone, singular spin-off episode of the bigger picture.

I've tried to make Sammy seem blunt...he's fresh out the joint and lost his place as Underboss, he's gonna be bitter, but most of all he's gonna be willing to make it back there. next mission introduces one half of the drug trafficking business venture.

Serious Business

Sammy returns to Artie’s place and enters to see Artie sitting calmly with two Gambetti soldiers, Luca and Henry.
“Sammy.” Luca nods.
“We’ve been waiting on you Sammy; we’ve got business in the Projects.” Artie tells Sammy, ushering his three cohorts out of the building.

You’ll be outside in Artie’s PMP 600 with Luca and Henry sitting in the back seats, Artie next to you. Head to the Projects on Galveston Avenue, North Holland

Sammy: That was rushed…what is this ‘business’?
Artie: Narcotic trafficking, buying coke from this Dominican contact of mine up in North Holland, then selling it on to the North Holland Hustlers for 50% more than what we pay per kilo.
Luca: Best keep Junior away from this then!
Sammy: That prick would manage to blow a whole shipment in one night…junkie f*ck. Speaking of the Gravelli’s, are you serious about drugs? God bless his soul, the late Boss wouldn’t approve.
Artie: That’s the problem, we need to keep ahead with the game, every day other Families get stronger, and we get weaker! We shut down the Ancelotti’s operation with the Russians, with the fall of the Rascalov Bratva, the Pavano’s don’t run brown out of Northwood anymore after Joe Corrola got whacked, and the Lupisella’s and Messina’s don’t touch it, but we need to corner the market before any out of towners grab it.
Sammy: Is it a steady flow?
Artie: Straight out of Columbia, every two weeks. If the go fast gets caught, they scuttle it.
Sammy: Sounding more secure, who do we deal through?
Artie: Willy Valerio. And then we sell it to Damian Wyles, he leads a set of the North Holland Hustlers, known as Uncle D.
Sammy: Not just some two-bit street dealers then?
Artie: Pretty damn organized for a bunch of street thugs.
Sammy: Impressive what a bit of patience and organization skills can do for a gang.

Pull up in the marker and Artie pulls out his phone and calls a contact.
“We’re here.”
Within moments, he receives a text message with details on where the van is.
“He says the van is parked on Exeter Way.”

Get moving again and head for Exeter Way.

Sammy: Are we not meeting him face to face?
Artie: No, I’ve met him and pre-paid him for the goods.
Sammy: In future, I want him to be there at the pick-up.
Artie: Alright, I’ll talk to him.

You reach the Projects where a Speedo is waiting to be picked up outside the Projects.

“Henry, take my car and follow us, Sammy, you can drive, Luca, cover us.” Artie says, Luca pulling out a Micro SMG and getting in the back while Sammy gets in the driver’s seat.

Artie: Drive us to the cool-off point, we’re gonna leave it in a secure place, on the shoreline beneath the Hickey Bridge.

A marker is set for below the Hickey Bridge on the shoreline, so make your way there and you face no resistance on the way. Henry will give you three a ride back to Artie’s and then you will pass the mission, parting your separate ways.

Mission Passed
+$500

easy money, right?

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ May 6 2011, 18:44)
I've expanded on some things in the plot, it is still fairly tunnelled, all of your exployers are mafia associates and its a case of doing jobs for the family. I've tried to tie up all the loose ends (I'm in the process of writing mission 17, which is the peniultimate mission, it's becoming the Scarfare to Family Ties's The Godfather Trilogy in the sense that it is closed by the last mission, it opens at mission 1 and closes at mission 18, the deed is done, whereas with bigger concepts, Family Ties could be compared to a TV series, whereas The Two Underbosses is a standalone, singular spin-off episode of the bigger picture.

I've tried to make Sammy seem blunt...he's fresh out the joint and lost his place as Underboss, he's gonna be bitter, but most of all he's gonna be willing to make it back there. next mission introduces one half of the drug trafficking business venture.

I was kinda looking at the dialogue in the wrong way I guess. If your intention was to make him seem blunt then that works.. it's like he's not naturally void of personality or enthusiasum, but his time in prison and his fall from grace within the family have left him that way.. would that be a fair assumption??

It can be hard to portray subtle aspects of character's personalities using only words.. that's why good actors can truley carry a film even if the plot is sub par. I don't really get what you mean about the Scarface/Godfather analogy though... care to explain?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ May 6 2011, 18:45)
I was kinda looking at the dialogue in the wrong way I guess. If your intention was to make him seem blunt then that works.. it's like he's not naturally void of personality or enthusiasum, but his time in prison and his fall from grace within the family have left him that way.. would that be a fair assumption??

It can be hard to portray subtle aspects of character's personalities using only words.. that's why good actors can truley carry a film even if the plot is sub par. I don't really get what you mean about the Scarface/Godfather analogy though... care to explain?

yeah that's a pretty good way of wording it, think of it as him being despondent about the past few months events.

and the Scarface/Godfather comparison, once Scarface finished, you knew it was over, there was no real room for a sequel (the game doesn't count) similar to this topic, once the story is done, there is not much left to it. whereas The Godfather ended up with 2 films after it, similar to how you're Family Ties is very open ended so far, and by the looks of things it is going to be fairly long in comparison to our 18-mission long story.

this would be so much easier to explain face to face tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users