Photo

[WIP|IV]Nanosuit

64 replies to this topic
ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:55 PM Edited by ikt, 12 October 2011 - 09:37 AM.

GTA IV: Nanosuit

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

INSTALLATION
You will need the following for the mod to function:
- an asi loader
- ScriptHook

The following files will need to be in the folder GTAIV.exe is located in:
- Nanosuit.asi
- Nanosuit.ini
- armor.wav
- cloak.wav
- speed.wav
- strength.wav

The mod will be loaded as soon as the game has loaded. On startup you should hear "Maximum Armor"

If the mod isn't loaded, download msvcr100d.dll and put it in your GTA IV main folder.

CONTROLS

Doubletap S for Armor mode, doubletap Left Alt for Strength, doubletap Shift for Speed and doubletap Z for Cloak. Press N (one time) for Night vision. The keys may be changed in Nanosuit.ini. In that file you can also enable/disable the suit voice and set the doubletap speed. (for slower or faster computers)
The key system this mod is now using is quite unusual. Check the keys.png for how the keyboard layout is done. Some values are unknown to me.

MOD FUNCTIONING
ARMOR MODE
In this mode, the suits offers most protection. Falling damage, melee damage and damage done by physical events (hit by car, etc) will be zero-ed. You will still be vulnerable to bullets and explosions, but in this mode, damage from those are reduced. However, if you get shot or damaged in another way, energy will be used.
This is also the only mode that regenerates health and armor. Energy is regenerated quickest in this mode. If energy is low, this mode automatically takes over. It's also possible to switch back to this mode by doubletapping S.

STRENGTH MODE
To get in Strength mode, you need to doubletap Left Alt. This will be able to jump much higher and you'll be able to launch cars by meleeing them. Launching cars takes a lot of energy, jumping takes less energy.

SPEED MODE
Doubletap Shift for this mode, you move much faster. If you are sprinting, you'll even sprint faster. But while sprinting, your energy will decrease.

CLOAK
Doubletap Z for going in Cloak mode. Attackers won't see you anymore and stars get greyed out.

NIGHT VISION
A very primitive night vision mode. It does help in low lighting conditions though. Press N for this.

BUGS
- sometimes certain cars do not get launched.
- EFLC may not work properly due to other animations.

To do:
- add sound effects for when modes disable due to low energy
- launch peds/objects
- throw stuff further
- improve night vision

- make a version that copies Nanosuit from Crysis
- make another version that copies Nanosuit 2.0 from Crysis 2

Current source:
Nanosuit ver1.0

Report bugs and other problems at
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=475100
You're welcome for tips and just chatting too!

- ikt

Huge thanks to everyone helping me making this mod.

A great Nanosuit 2 mod can be found here.

Download:
GTAGarage:
http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16010
  • hunter 57 likes this

donteedon
  • donteedon

I Love Grand Theft Auto

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Hey man please convert to SAN (I Like san) blush.gif
THANK Man

G_M_StYlEr_M
  • G_M_StYlEr_M

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (donteedon @ Apr 25 2011, 13:22)
Hey man please convert to SAN (I Like san) blush.gif
THANK Man

Allready Crysis Mods exist for San andreas google Gta san andreas Crysis Mod icon14.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

Would ppl stop f*cking begging modders to convert their mods to previous GTAs? There isn't a magic program where you can convert every mod with one mouse click, plus ppl are modding the selected GTA for a reason, not to mod the others later.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Apr 25 2011, 21:48)
Would ppl stop f*cking begging modders to convert their mods to previous GTAs? There isn't a magic program where you can convert every mod with one mouse click, plus ppl are modding the selected GTA for a reason, not to mod the others later.

icon14.gif

Updates in first post. No changelog for now since mod isn't even downloadable yet. I'll make one for when changes between different versions, but for now, there aren't any versions. Only on my computer. devil.gif If you want to see the changes during development, I recommend you to check this thread regulary to see what's being changed tounge.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

The mod is really nice, not my taste (as I don't like sci-fi/ hi-technology things in games such as GTA) but you showed off some nice scripting skills, congratulations.

donteedon
  • donteedon

I Love Grand Theft Auto

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Apr 25 2011, 19:48)

Oh Im sorry
I think it will put GTA SAN
sorry man cryani.gif (I'm not good at English Language)

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:48 PM Edited by ikt, 26 April 2011 - 08:39 PM.

This mod is giving me diabetis. Does anyone know how to get the direction the character is facing? nvm that

I still need to figure out what to do with the speed. Download link will be in FP soon.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:01 PM Edited by ikt, 24 May 2011 - 09:30 AM.

New files uploaded to GTAGarage. Remove your old versions, they are buggy. orly.gif

topog_z
  • topog_z

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:36 PM Edited by topog_z, 29 April 2011 - 07:38 PM.

I'd use it but .asi are always for me 100% guaranteed not to work.

Added .asi loader and the file no worky cryani.gif

fuckIKT
  • fuckIKT

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ Apr 28 2011, 19:01)
New files uploaded to GTAGarage. Remove your old versions, they are buggy.

and I want REACTIONS!

YOU WANT A f*ckIN REACTION YOU LITTLE BITCH?!!!!

WELL U GOT IT MUTHAf*ckA! WAT THE f*ck U THINK U DOIN DELETING ALL THE GODDAMN DOWNLOADS U f*ckIN fa**ot?!!!! YOU WANNA SHOW OFF UR f*ckIN AWESOMENESS AND NOT LET ANY1 ELSE HAVE IT?!!! WE DONT WANT UR f*ckIN KIND HERE SO GET THE f*ck OF THIS FORUM YOU DOG f*ckIN ASSHOLE!

GO SHOVE THAT GAY ASS PHOTOSHOPPED sh*t UP UR ASS

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (f*ckIKT @ May 19 2011, 23:30)
QUOTE (ikt @ Apr 28 2011, 19:01)
New files uploaded to GTAGarage. Remove your old versions, they are buggy.

and I want REACTIONS!

YOU WANT A f*ckIN REACTION YOU LITTLE BITCH?!!!!

WELL U GOT IT MUTHAf*ckA! WAT THE f*ck U THINK U DOIN DELETING ALL THE GODDAMN DOWNLOADS U f*ckIN fa**ot?!!!! YOU WANNA SHOW OFF UR f*ckIN AWESOMENESS AND NOT LET ANY1 ELSE HAVE IT?!!! WE DONT WANT UR f*ckIN KIND HERE SO GET THE f*ck OF THIS FORUM YOU DOG f*ckIN ASSHOLE!

GO SHOVE THAT GAY ASS PHOTOSHOPPED sh*t UP UR ASS

u mad

I have removed the mod (and so its unfinished versions) so I can re-release it properly when it's done.

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 08:02 PM Edited by darkfailure, 21 May 2011 - 09:53 PM.

That sucks. I just read about this mod and wanted to download it smile.gif
Sounds really nice! And in the final version we will be able to switch between the mouse by pressing Mouse3?
Keep up the good work!

Edit: Release the mod, I am ready cool.gif

user posted image

And yes, I know the graphics suck (but try to run the game properly on a notebook with ENB), and yes, I know the model looks crappy.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:08 AM

It looks awesome.

I will release the almost finished version when i get the f*cking Strength mode finished. I can't manage to detect peds you're fighting with (instakill melee) or launching cars. (I'll be happy when either one works). There will also be an .ini file wherin you can choose which button does what. You could use the default Crysis2 ones. I'm still working on the MMB. Also, nice effects. (Glowing red in Armor mode, glowing yellow in speed mode).

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:33 AM

Sounds nice!
Would you mind if I suggest something? I know I should be happy that you are already creating a mod like this, but maybe you want to add some features in future versions.

For example. Strength mode should also you jump higher.

I don't know if you are familiar with HippieCommunist's mods, but there's a mod that allows you to pick up objects and throw them.

Maybe it's possible to pick up cars and throw them?
I guess the animation would be screwed up a bit, but it would be an awesome addition, in my opinion.

But please don't think I am criticizing your mod!
I already like it the way it is, and can't wait to finally get a download link smile.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (darkfailure @ May 22 2011, 10:33)
Sounds nice!
Would you mind if I suggest something? I know I should be happy that you are already creating a mod like this, but maybe you want to add some features in future versions.

For example. Strength mode should also you jump higher.

I don't know if you are familiar with HippieCommunist's mods, but there's a mod that allows you to pick up objects and throw them.

Maybe it's possible to pick up cars and throw them?
I guess the animation would be screwed up a bit, but it would be an awesome addition, in my opinion.

But please don't think I am criticizing your mod!
I already like it the way it is, and can't wait to finally get a download link smile.gif

Higher jumping is included (hold spacebar).
Pick up cars: I'll try. Would look funny I suppose xD

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

Amazing! Guess I didn't read the mod info properly blush.gif

Any vague "release" date in mind?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ May 22 2011, 08:08)
It looks awesome.

I will release the almost finished version when i get the f*cking Strength mode finished. I can't manage to detect peds you're fighting with (instakill melee) or launching cars. (I'll be happy when either one works). There will also be an .ini file wherin you can choose which button does what. You could use the default Crysis2 ones. I'm still working on the MMB. Also, nice effects. (Glowing red in Armor mode, glowing yellow in speed mode).

If you manage to, temporarily change the strength of player (that is in pedstats.dat) to 100 instead of 5...and after strength mode's off, revert it back to 5.
It will work the same way and won't require checks, I'm just not sure if it's possible to interfere in .dat files thru .net scripts

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ May 22 2011, 11:54)
QUOTE (ikt @ May 22 2011, 08:08)
It looks awesome.

If you manage to, temporarily change the strength of player (that is in pedstats.dat) to 100 instead of 5...and after strength mode's off, revert it back to 5.
It will work the same way and won't require checks, I'm just not sure if it's possible to interfere in .dat files thru .net scripts

Thanks for the info, I'll try if that's possible.
I'm using Scripthook by the way. The problem with launching cars is the games coordinate system. When a car is facing north, everything is fine. If a car isn't facing north, sh*t goes wrong. The problem with detecting peds is that peds are no longer peds when they do something other than walking. Once they interacted with anything in any way, they're no longer peds.

smile.gif

Vague release date: Somewhere between next week and the week after it. Somewhere in the beginning of June, because next week I'll be very busy (starting today).

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ May 22 2011, 04:02)
I'm using Scripthook by the way. The problem with launching cars is the games coordinate system. When a car is facing north, everything is fine. If a car isn't facing north, sh*t goes wrong.

What are you using to launch the cars? Heading?

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:05 PM Edited by ikt, 22 May 2011 - 05:08 PM.

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ May 22 2011, 18:03)
QUOTE (ikt @ May 22 2011, 04:02)
I'm using Scripthook by the way. The problem with launching cars is the games coordinate system. When a car is facing north, everything is fine. If a car isn't facing north, sh*t goes wrong.

What are you using to launch the cars? Heading?

Nope, I use ApplyForceToCar.

I like how nobody is able to explain their functions and keeping the magic to themselves. Once this mod is finished I'll upload the source with sufficient commentary, because making this gave me herpes.
Next one works AWESOME.

ApplyForceToCar(otherVeh, 3, 7*offsetX, 7*offsetY, 7*offsetZ, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0, 0, 1, 1):

ApplyForceToCar( vehicle , don't ask me what the f*ck this is , x, y, z direction, rotx, roty, rotz, neither do i know what this is , vehicle heading in consideration , 1, 1 );
Dunno about the last two, but I suppose it has something to do with it being true or false, because 0ing them makes nothing happen.

Also check first post & GTAGarage.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

This site might help a little: http://www.gtamoddin...ative_functions

It has info on some native function parameters and such, although there's still a lot of info missing/unknown.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

yay!

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:05 PM Edited by darkfailure, 27 May 2011 - 05:20 PM.

This looks incredible! I can't wait for you to release it. Hopefully it's compatible with 1.0.4.0 (unlike your old version). Keep up the great work!

Edit: Will the mod be open source when you release it, so that we can actually change some settings like how fast the energy from the suit drains, or do you plan to let us change other settings in the ini?

Edit 2: Played around with the mod a bit. It's a shame it isn't compatible with the Simple Native Trainer. Not because of its cheats but because I use Episodic weapons, who do not have any sound since I have to disable the trainer to use the Nanosuit mod.

Also, it's a shame that Armor does not really seem to protect me from a tough firefight.
And like I said, strength mode or armor mode should also disable/reduce the fall damage and other damage (e.g. when you get hit by a car). The car should crash when it hits you and not cause you to take damage tounge.gif
Sadly, beating a guy in strength mode does not make him fly away -.-

I know it's still a BETA but maybe you should consider changing the stuff I mentioned, if possible.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

I'll release the source. On those other things, I'll work on them smile.gif

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:39 AM

Sounds great! Like I said: I know it's still a beta wink.gif

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hey, how is it going? Any news on the mod?

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

Armor mode works properly now (shot damage reduced to 0.5) and some other small things.

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for the info.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Awesome, checking for anims instead of keypresses works perfectly. Expect another version at the end of this week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users