WHAT IT DOES
— Slowed Movement
This script decreases your speed on foot, depending on the weapons, ammo, and cash you're carrying. (All speed penalties can be tweaked.)
Holding ALT increases movement speed by 20%. Doing so while sprinting uses Adrenaline, shown as a white bar under the radar. (This can be tweaked or disabled.)
— Weapon Bag
Large amounts of cash and all weapons except the knife and pistols are stored in a backpack or duffel bag, not in your magic pockets. (This can be tweaked or disabled.)
— Weapon Removal
Pressing * on the numpad drops the current weapon permanently. While unarmed, hold PageDown and press * to remove armor. (This can be disabled.)
HOW TO INSTALL
This is a script for HazardX's .NET scripthook. Just place the files in the 'scripts' folder of the .NET scripthook.
Last updated October 28, 2012
- Tweak the settings in the INI file to suit your preferences.
- Carrying lots of guns and ammo can have a major effect on your speed. Drop weapons you don't need.
- I recommend using my Weapon Storage mod if you want to get rid of weapons without losing them forever.
- Having 1 armor affects your speed the same as 100 armor. When your armor gets low, it might be a good idea to just remove it.
- To avoid being slowed down too much by your cash, use my Bank Account mod to store money at ATMs. Or set the cash speed penalty to 0.0.
- For realism, I recommend editing your WeaponInfo.xml file and decreasing the max ammo for every weapon to something realistic.
- Adrenaline recharges more slowly when you're moving fast.
- After the "MaxTotalPenalty" is reached, additional weight just makes the hurry button less effective, until hurrying has no effect.
- Unfortunately, you can't get weapons back after dropping them, due to script limitations. See this post for an alternate (sometimes buggy) version that I use, which allows dropped weapons to be picked back up.
- Melee weapons disappear when dropped, instead of falling to the ground.
v1.2.8 — October 28, 2012
- When bags are unavailable for the current player model, they are disabled to prevent errors.
- Fixed bug where OtherMeleeBag INI setting applied to all melee weapons.
v1.2.7 — October 23, 2012
- Added support for non-vanilla thrown/melee weapons (INI settings OtherThrownPenalty, OtherMeleePenalty, OtherMeleeBag).
- Fixed bug where grenades slowed you down much more than intended.
v1.2.6 hotfix 2 — September 29, 2012
- Fixed bug where cash never gave you a bag.
- Very minor optimization when loading.
v1.2.6 hotfix — September 3, 2012
- Fixed constant player animation twitching caused by updating the bag too often.
v1.2.6 — September 3, 2012
- Added INI settings for bag behavior.
- Fixed incorrect setting in INI file (was RemoveArmorModifier instead of RemoveArmorModifierKey).
- Renamed AdrenRechargePerSec INI setting to AdrenRegenPerSec.
- Code cleanup.
v1.2.5 — September 1, 2012
- Ammo is measured per round instead of per clip.
- Fixed bug where sniper rifles and heavy weapons wouldn't give you a duffel bag.
- Fixed bug where dropped melee weapons weren't removed from your inventory.
- Minor optimization and significant cleanup.
v1.2.4 — December 31, 2011
- Added readme.
- Fixed bug where sprinting while the sprint key wasn't pressed wouldn't drain Adrenaline properly.
- Fixed bug where the cell phone could be dropped like a weapon.
- Minor optimization and cleanup.
v1.2.3 — September 27, 2011
- Added MaxTotalPenalty INI setting, default is 30%. This prevents super-slow-mo movement.
- Removed AdrenBarHeight INI setting. The bar now approximately matches the health/armor bar size.
- Fixed bug where a very high total penalty would make you slide around really fast.
- Minor optimization.
v1.2.2 — September 6, 2011
- Cash is now carried in a backpack if you have at least $65,000, a duffel bag for at least $500,000.
- Cash also has a speed penalty now, 0.003% per $1,000. Adds up if you carry a lot of money.
v1.2.1 — August 8, 2011
- Adrenaline is now shown as a bar under the radar.
- Adrenaline now recharges faster when not running.
- Minor fixes and optimization.
- Changed version numbering scheme.
v1.2 — May 6, 2011
- Compiled script and included INI file for settings.
- Incorporated my "Hurry Up" script into the mod. Holding Alt increases movement speed, and while sprinting it drains adrenaline. Without adrenaline, sprinting speed is normal.
- Changed default drop-weapon key to * on the numpad.
- Added "ModifierKey" (PageDown by default), which has to be held down to remove armor, to avoid removing accidentally.
- SMG, grenades, and molotovs are stored in backpack instead of duffel bag.
- Misc. fixes
v1.1b — April 26, 2011
- Removed guns now fall to the ground instead of disappearing (melee weapons still just disappear, all weapons still can't be picked up again)
- Pressing the remove weapon key while unarmed will remove armor
v1.1 — April 26, 2011
- Added ability to remove weapons with Y