Photo

Share your feelings

2,241 replies to this topic
MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

My granddad passed last year. I think his heart stopped.

When my aunt called my mom to let her know her dad died I was kinda sad but not really, cause I didn't know him too well.

She told us he was really strong and he was very energetic in his last hours so it really surprised them that he died. but then suddently he said he had chest pains and he layed down to rest. A few moment later he had trouble breathing and he passed away almost instantly.

What was most sadening to hear was the fact that he didn't even say "Sorry" to my grandmother for not taking care of her all these years, because he was a drinker and he almost never got out of the house. she always brought him vodka and liquer when he asked and she took care of him like she was his maid, but he never thanked her for it.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ May 3 2011, 07:16)
@Butters,

Thanks for sharing your story. Your failed suicide attempts come across as clear cries for help. It sounds as though you really want to carry on but you're finding difficulty in communicating the issue and your feelings in person.

That sucks about your family (calling you "a waste of space"). Families ought to always be a source of support for each other, but I disagree with Typhus when he says "there are no good people out there." There are. You just haven't been putting yourself in the right places to find them. Have you tried seeking support groups within your local community? I'd imagine you'll meet a lot of people similar to yourself there, and you may make some decent friends knowing that you have likely shared many of the same experiences and whatnot.

I'd say the best thing going for you at this point is that you're only 23. You've still got a long life ahead of you and time to find your true self, and ultimately be happy. Just don't wait too long to take action, life can go by quickly. Carpe Diem.

Lastly, it sounds as though you have a lot of built up emotion but don't express yourself often. Have you ever tried venting your feelings through the arts: drawing a picture, playing a song, writing a poem? Perhaps it sounds silly, but you just may find art to be the medecine that alleviates your pain while also offering you a chance to discover something new and profound about yourself.

The problem wit my family is that they have never actually stopped to listen to how I feel, and just judge me on my past. Like I said, I failed at school because I was physically and mentally bullied every day I was there, so I just never wanted to be in a class with anyone because I felt nervous, due to a lack of confidence. I went to college to try and make something of my life, and just got even more sh*t from my family because I wasn't working. My mum was the only one I could ever turn to, and the relationship I had with her and how she defended me even led my dad to nearly divorce her just before she died, all beause of me (he told me this, am not just making it up for sympathy or whatever).

As the sh*t continued against me, my confidence went down and I just found it better to be on my own, but then the loneliness got to me and this is where the suicide attempts came from. You could say it was a cry for help, but the only thing is, everyone was too blind to notice it. I opened up to my ex GF once and she just mocked me for who I was and how I felt.

Put it this way, the feeling of loneliness has got that bad now that the main reason I only play MW2 is because I feel part of a group when am online...it's sad, a know it is, but I can't help the way it happens. Few years ago, a could just sit and play a game for hours, but now I can't, only MW2.

The reason I get alot of stick on here is because of how thick I am, and I know I am, but I just lack the social skills. It's sh*t!

As I said, the move to a new town was a fresh start for me, and all was going good until I lost my job (working and living in a pub) so when I lost that, I was left homeless and noone to turn to due to me been in a new town. I always feel old at 23 and feel like I'd be out of place at college, but it's something am looking at doing, but at the moment it's impossible due to me owning a home, so the rent would stop if I went to college, leaving me with only one option now. confused.gif

And at the last part, I've tried art a few times, such as drawing, but I lack attention...I have high anxiety problems and I think they stem from my past, but am not sure. Am a big fan of writing and drawing though, and even plan to start a novel, however sad it sounds, one day. I have all the ideas and everything, but just worried it could be a waste of time and effort.

f*ck it, a sound like a charity case, but it's good when someone replies with something nice, so thanks, and you too typhus.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

@Butters, not sure if it will help but so you know. I've had to live an independent life without much family support too. My mother is supportive, but my father has mocked me since I was old enough to think and speak for myself. I have taken care of myself since I was 17/18. Everything I have, I had to struggle for on my own. No one helped me buy my first car, no one helped me buy my house, no one really helped me at all. There were many nights of tear filled panic as I wondered how I was going to eat to survive.

The above isn't what I wanted to relay to you. You are 24. I think that is about the same time I rounded a large bend.

It sucks being an adult - doesn't it?

Try to get a basic job you don't hate, show up everyday with a smile, and be a good person about your job. I hate to admit this but work tends to become the social place replacing the school cafeteria as you get older.

Don't worry about playing MW2 to feel part of a group. I hang here so as to feel part of a group.

Like I said, your an adult. You just have to wait until someone pats you on the back and says good job.

Accepting being an adult is pretty much the same as accepting death.
Five Stages Of Grief
1. Denial and Isolation.
2. Anger.
3. Bargaining.
4. Depression.
5. Acceptance.

You come off as a normal human being. I have no doubt that you will make your way through. I don't want to come off as an old man(because I'm not), but the trials and tribulations of being in your 20s/30s turn into proud memories later on.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC. #Glazersout

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:34 AM

@Butters: That was a touching story man. I know someone who went through a similar situation and he got through It, all he needed was his close friends and family to help him and they did.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (tripmills @ May 4 2011, 00:18)
I don't want to come off as an old man(because I'm not)...

You and your parentheses, you're not fooling anyone! smile.gif

Germturtle
  • Germturtle

Big Lee Marvin Fan

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:32 AM Edited by Germturtle, 04 May 2011 - 11:44 AM.

That is some sad stuff, my grandfather raised me as his son, I don't know my dad, and after my mum was diagnosed with diabetes at age 3 my grandparents stopped having kids, so they only had two daughters.
He died last year aged 59. I traveled 6 hours to see him and found out when we got into town that he died an hour before.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

I've lost a grandparent before, my Fathers mother. She died after a long battle with cancer. I was only 5 at the time, so it didn't affect me that much. Still, It would be amazing if she was still alive now.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

My Grandpa is more thinner and doctors said he'll gone in 5 days. They gave up.

sad.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 01:51 PM Edited by Warlord., 09 May 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Use ganja oil. It cures any type of cancer.

Visit this site for more information. It also has testimonials from people who've used ganja oil to cure cancer successfully as well as instructions on how to make the oil yourself.

It's never too late.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

No, there is no way to cure him.

He is second Cancer case.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Doesn't matter. You can cure him with ganja oil. You can read testimonials in the site I linked to about how it cured people who've had multiple cases of cancer.

It's all up to how determined you are to help him.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thanks but I am afraid that it is not in burma.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 9 2011, 14:15)
Doesn't matter. You can cure him with ganja oil. You can read testimonials in the site I linked to about how it cured people who've had multiple cases of cancer.

I'm sorry, but you cannot just say "ganja oil cures cancer." It's misleading and unfair to say that to kmlwin with such affirmation. Testimonials =/= proof.

There are numerous alternative treatments that can help people overcome their cancer, and while I do believe ganja oil may very well be one of these remedies, it may just as well be a placebo for many of the people who have used it with positive results. Nonetheless, it isn't entirely proven to cure cancer.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

@Warlord, not to come off as a prick or anything, but that seems utter sh*t to me. If it cured any type of cancer, then why the f*ck isn't it been used? I know nothing of Ganja Oil, and sorry to come off so harsh, just it seems that you're saying there is something out there that can cure cancer, yet people are still dieing every day from it?

And Tripmills, cheers. Yeah it does suck being an Adult, especially when you've always mixed in with the wrong crowds, only to end up getting rid of them all as they turn out to be two-faced pricks. Don't get me wrong, I know a few decent people round this new area, like a lad who comes down every now and then to just chill out with a few joints and a game of MW2, just they don't come around that often, and makes me always question whether it's me or not, due to lack of confidence again. Like I said, I came to a new town not so long ago to work in a pub, and within 5-6 months, I had already been attacked behind the bar with a stun gun, and that was by someone I trusted alot. I mean, I moved away from my old town after been jumped on, and then this happens again. The world is a f*cked up place, lol.

One of my main problems these days is lack of motivation. I want this and that, but nothing pushes me, and that's me being honest. I lost a job about 1 month ago because the boss had it in for me (no lieing, she is now under investigation as she's a company boss), and it just makes you lose motivation after having it done to you so many times. A previous job I had in Leeds, and they sacked me for no reason, and ended up not getting paid. Seemed like a dodgy company anyway...they said they did advertising/marketing for massive companies such as Disney, Cola etc, yet they were based in a run-down office hidden away in a building.

Tripmills, Think I got off on the wrong foot with you a while back, but this topic's made me realise you're a decent guy, so cheers man. smile.gif

And cheers, Tommy.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ May 9 2011, 20:06)

I'm sorry, but you cannot just say "ganja oil cures cancer." It's misleading and unfair to say that to kmlwin with such affirmation. Testimonials =/= proof.

There are numerous alternative treatments that can help people overcome their cancer, and while I do believe ganja oil may very well be one of these remedies, it may just as well be a placebo for many of the people who have used it with positive results. Nonetheless, it isn't entirely proven to cure cancer.

It can't be a placebo when it's cured so many people with cancer. Some of these people include those who have been deemed 'uncurable' who've resorted to the ganja oil as a last resort, and guess what? They've been cured.

@Butters, I'm not surprised you think this way. Much of the west has no idea how ganja has been used as a medicine for thousands of years and has been regarded as the most medicinal plant in existence in countries like Bharat, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.

I am saying it cures cancer, because it does. It has been used to cure cancer in Ayurveda for a very long time now, way before Rick Simpson.

If people looked into Ayurveda instead of relying on Big Pharma, they wouldn't be dying everyday.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 14:42)
The world is a f*cked up place, lol.

And yet you'll probably just repeat the same mistakes over and over despite this knowledge.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

Oh and look here for a study on ganja and it's effects on liver cancer.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 9 2011, 14:54)
QUOTE (TheCacti @ May 9 2011, 20:06)

It can't be a placebo when it's cured so many people with cancer. Some of these people include those who have been deemed 'uncurable' who've resorted to the ganja oil as a last resort, and guess what? They've been cured.

@Butters, I'm not surprised you think this way. Much of the west has no idea how ganja has been used as a medicine for thousands of years and has been regarded as the most medicinal plant in existence in countries like Bharat, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.

I am saying it cures cancer, because it does. It has been used to cure cancer in Ayurveda for a very long time now, way before Rick Simpson.

If people looked into Ayurveda instead of relying on Big Pharma, they wouldn't be dying everyday.

Just seems incredible to believe that a cure exists, yet the West apparently has no knowledge of this. Must be a reason why we're dismissing it.

@Typhus, don't know which way to take your comment, but I'm just going to say that mistakes are what teach you, and of course I'll probably make the same mistake again, but it seems normal to me. Mian thing is is to move on and forget the mistake, and try your hardest to correct it, and if you do repeat the mistake, atleast you'll have more knowledge on how to correct it.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 15:11)
@Typhus, don't know which way to take your comment, but I'm just going to say that mistakes are what teach you, and of course I'll probably make the same mistake again, but it seems normal to me. Mian thing is is to move on and forget the mistake, and try your hardest to correct it, and if you do repeat the mistake, atleast you'll have more knowledge on how to correct it.

It just depresses me to think about it. People are miserable because of these behaviour cycles, yet they are almost powerless to break those cycles.
Like, a woman has no self worth because she's attracted to guys who beat her. But every time she gets away from one of those scumbags, she shacks up with one who's exactly the same.
It's like we're all puppets and we'd rather dance the same dance rather than risk cutting our strings. Life is not only f*cked up, it's predictable. Doormats are always doormats, douchebags are always douchebags and sluts are always sluts. Some of us were not born to live a happy life, I fear.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:16 PM Edited by Warlord., 09 May 2011 - 03:22 PM.

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 20:41)
Just seems incredible to believe that a cure exists, yet the West apparently has no knowledge of this. Must be a reason why we're dismissing it.

Well there are a lot of people in the west who know that ganja cures cancer, some have even used it themselves. I mean Rick Simpson is from the west after all.

However, Big Pharma knows about it too and they try their best to suppress this knowledge and mislead people into ingesting their poisons which does nothing other than make the remaining years of a cancer patient's life unnecessarily painful (chemo, etc).

Oh and just think, why would Rick Simpson want to give people ganja oil for free if it doesn't do what he says it does? You could say he's trying to be rich by lying about the medicinal values of ganja oil if he was charging his patients, but he has always provided the oil for free.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Warlord. @ May 9 2011, 22:16)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 20:41)

Well there are a lot of people in the west who know that ganja cures cancer, some have even used it themselves. I mean Rick Simpson is from the west after all.

However, Big Pharma knows about it too and they try their best to suppress this knowledge and mislead people into ingesting their poisons which does nothing other than make the remaining years of a cancer patient's life unnecessarily painful (chemo, etc).

Oh and just think, why would Rick Simpson want to give people ganja oil for free if it doesn't do what he says it does? You could say he's trying to be rich by lying about the medicinal values of ganja oil if he was charging his patients, but he has always provided the oil for free.

It is too late. No can help him.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 10 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ May 9 2011, 15:16)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 15:11)

It just depresses me to think about it. People are miserable because of these behaviour cycles, yet they are almost powerless to break those cycles.
Like, a woman has no self worth because she's attracted to guys who beat her. But every time she gets away from one of those scumbags, she shacks up with one who's exactly the same.
It's like we're all puppets and we'd rather dance the same dance rather than risk cutting our strings. Life is not only f*cked up, it's predictable. Doormats are always doormats, douchebags are always douchebags and sluts are always sluts. Some of us were not born to live a happy life, I fear.

I know too many of them types of people, and to me it seems they either crave the attention, or are messed up in some way. I know in extreme cases some women stay with their beating BF's due to fear or something else, but you get these lasses who all you hear come from their mouth is, "Men are all pricks", then continue to get with lads who have a bad reputation. I think it's wrong to say that all these traits will continue for everyone, but around 90% of them continue to live a life they always complain about, or making the same mistakes.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ May 9 2011, 14:42)

Tripmills, Think I got off on the wrong foot with you a while back

Pretty hard to get off on the wrong foot with me...at least on my side biggrin.gif . And we are still dudes with the inherent ability to not hold grudges anyway.

This topic is too deep for me to really participate - I just figured I would respond to Butters. Everyone go back to what you were doing.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:44 PM

Your a good dude, Warlord, you got knowledge and everything, I'm cool with you, but please, take it to the OFS topic or something, I believe in what you're saying, but it's pretty harsh to come up on a dude who's on th edge of losing his grandpa and tell him do this, it helps, as if kmlwin could just get his hands on some ganja oil in the blink of an eye.

This is a pretty deep topic, and my opinion is that you shouldn't just pop up and start showing scientific evidence of how a certain substance can cure cancer when the OP's grandpa has been given a maximum of five days to live.

kmlwin, I could have been pretty hard on you sometimes, as if I were an OG in the boards with the rights to criticize your posts due to childish behavior or incorrect grammar or something like that. Keep ya head up man, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I never got to know my mum's dad so well, but after he passed away I realized I should've stayed in touch.

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

My Granddad died yesterday. When he was dying on his bed. I was at my grandma's house didn't know that he is dead. devil.gif I wish I could rewind the times back and then stay besides it. My f*cking education center don't let me to go to my beloved granddad's funeral. cryani.gif

Letters to Granddad: "You'll be in my prayers.. You'll be all the time in my heart. Rest In Peace. God Bless you. May you resting in hevean"

P.S to My Education Center: F*ck you! Because of it, I can't even go to the funeral that I want to see my beloved Granddad.

sad.gif sad.gif nervous.gif nervous.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (kmlwin.1996 @ May 11 2011, 03:53)
My Granddad died yesterday. When he was dying on his bed. I was at my grandma's house didn't know that he is dead.† devil.gif I wish I could rewind the times back and then stay besides it. My f*cking education center don't let me to go to my beloved granddad's funeral.† cryani.gif

Letters to Granddad: "You'll be in my prayers.. You'll be all the time in my heart. Rest In Peace. God Bless you. May you resting in heaven"

I'm sorry to hear that buddy. confused.gif

May your grandfather rest in peace.

Just remember, you'll always have the memory of him, so he'll always be with you. smile.gif

EmoNinja909
  • EmoNinja909

Loveless

• Members

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I've had a lot happen this year, my father passed away in february, just after my birthday. I broke up with my girlfriend in December, last year. She just didn't love me, the feeling was mutual. I was pretty down for a week, but I got over it. I used to be really suicidal, I have a lot of visible marks on my left wrist and my forearm. I didn't want to live anymore, just because the way people were treating me. It was annoying and I was really tired from everything. So one day, one of my close friends saw me crying, he asked me what was wrong and I poured my heart out. It was weird, he hugged me and told me he loved me. I didn't know how to react to that, but it made me feel a lot better. So anyway, we're kind of going out now, I really don't care what people think about us two together. Most people are supportive, some aren't. I just stay away from them, I'm very happy and nobody will take that away from me. Love really isn't about gender, it's the love of two minds that really brings people together.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear man, my condolences.

But seriously, your school won't allow you to attend the funeral? What the f*ck? I'd rage over something like that, man, 'cause that, that is f*cked up.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

Your grandfather died? Oh I'm so sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences to you, may he rest in peace. sad.gif

Also I'd like to join you in saying "f*ck you!" to the school, if my school never let me attend a funeral of a loved one I'd tell them where to stuff their big words and just attend the funeral. School can wait, family comes first.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

kmlwin, sorry to hear that. I hope you at least feel relief for him and not having to suffer anymore. Sometimes there is a positive side of death.

You must go to the most heartless education center. I can't believe they didn't excuse you for the funeral.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users