» «
Photo

Collection of realism based modifcations

48 replies to this topic
nobody007
  • nobody007

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:06 PM Edited by nobody007, 12 July 2011 - 07:10 PM.

Ok, now i understand what you mean. You write "If you do not follow the proper order installing them as listed here in this guide then you're going to experience all sorts of differences based on whichever order you personally extracted them in.". I knew that i dont get a super polished game if i dont install icenhancer. But i didn't interpret it in a way that says "your game will look worse" if i install only realismIV. If you write "...experience all sorts of differences..." you wouldn't expect that this difference could mean everything like, my pc would suddenly start to burn, or in this case, that the game would look worse. I don't know if you understand me but at least i didn't expect it.
I read the thread of realismIV, too. There is nowhere a warning that its meant to be installed only with other mods. I downloaded it because so far i didn't find many mods for slow pc's and i couldn't believe that the game would be as bad as in the screenshots. I guessed that the guy who posted the screenshot did something wrong but this wasn't the case. The mod for its self is just, like an other user wrote in that thread, an "epic fail". And its offered for its self, so i wrote my opinion here and in the realismIV thread.

After reading your post I understand your point of view why your thread wouldn't be the best place to rate the realism mod alone but, as i wrote, i didn't interpret your sentnece (experience all sorts of differences) like you meant it. Maybe you understand me, too?

A big thank you for the hint to ENB and the other information in your last post. So far i thought ENB would be to hardware demanding because it looks really nice on many screenshots. Ill give it a try.

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

/thumbsup! I just caught your reply on break and have to say I hope this all works out for you. Good luck and have a great day 007! icon14.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:43 AM Edited by WhiteGoblin, 14 July 2011 - 10:44 AM.

Update: Updated iCEnhancer to the lovely new 1.25 version while also correcting the social media links to reflect the newer release pages. Removed the unnecessary ASI Loader v1.0.2b from version 1.0.4.0 & ASI Loader/ScriptHook 0.5.0 from version 1.0.6.0. Tested reports of compatibility issues with Exaggerated Blood 1.16 by dDefinder and ended up removing the mod from the list as well. After a round of troubleshooting installs I've updated Environment Mod 5 with a warning in bold letting people know it IS NOT compatible with iCEnhancer and that the Trees Mod also isn't needed after installing it. Dropped the Google it recommendation during the install version & downgrading explanation thanks to the freshly updated works posted by moonrail. Corrected a few typos, I also did a complete reinstall from the ground up into this version of the guide inside 1.0.4.0 just to make sure everything was fine before posting. Enjoy! icon14.gif

Cpl.Dunn
  • Cpl.Dunn

LCPDFR Moderation Supervisor

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Bit of an bump but thanks for correcting the spelling on my mod description. Reason why i spelt like that in the first place was 'cuz i was tired and finished the description like around 4AM. biggrin.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:55 AM Edited by WhiteGoblin, 21 July 2011 - 09:14 AM.

Update: Thanks to my recent interaction with nobody007 on top feeling the guide could use some continued work while things have been changing throughout the scene, I've taken a bit of time while on breaks to rewrite a number of sections today. Adding in a wealth of information regarding troubleshooting, understanding the differences between versions, & what type of results to expect. Next I also added a simple colored theme to help identify the separate sections with each header now appearing in Orange. Corrected spelling errors, typos, grammar bombs, & of course some of the worlds worse run on sentences. I played with tables and a number of other ideas to present this information in a better format and settled on the way it looks now when considering ease of use across multiple browsers. This was written in & experienced from Mozilla Firefox which is an excellent free browser. If you've got some ancient copy of Internet Explorer (IE) which makes this thread look jacked up or such then I'd recommend replacing that as well.

One can hope all of these efforts will yield a more informed & able community in the future as more people come in and read through the newer version. (the more we educate now, the less questions will be asked later on) Which will hopefully help bring a greater signal out of the noise found across our communities. (which is never a bad thing) There is over thirty modifications listed and tested here that make up the current version bringing together masterpiece visual enhancements with a realistic approach to redefining game play function & mechanics. By the time you add it all together it's important at least to me to see the connections in the community from one person's works to the next that bring us all the way to the final modified version we end up getting to play and enjoy. Remember all of the developers while you're going through their release sites to get your downloads. Vote their projects 10/10, rank them five stars, even leaving a thank you note or two would be much appreciated I'm sure. It's only thanks to their efforts that we have come to this point today and it's mighty impressive not to mention a whole lot of fun so thank you everybody for all of your effort, time, and works! icon14.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (Cpl.Dunn AKA: Olanov)
Bit of an bump but thanks for correcting the spelling on my mod description. Reason why i spelt like that in the first place was 'cuz i was tired and finished the description like around 4AM.

No problem at all fine sir! I didn't notice what you were speaking about originally until I saw your release page edit on the next run through of installs. I was actually referring to changes to my own thread in the update notes where I added in your mod because my spelling / grammar / general English ability is atrocious. Which is why you see with almost every update I've still been correcting spelling errors and much more. I'm honored you'd run with it, actually I had only tweaked your description a little bit to make it more understandable because I'm by no means the person to represent what's proper in language! Though if you'd like I touched it up again in this most recent update fixing a number of spots where it was a bit confusing thanks to my own poor choice of wording. This mod is so much fun & really adds to the experience because without it I had really never noticed all the different locations they actually show up. Now that they're doing something it's much easier to notice their presence in the world which is great. Thank you for your wonderful addition to the game. Love the work and your attitude, so keep it up! biggrin.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Not really an update as no content was added or really even changed but I fixed a couple of links throughout the guide. If anyone is having problems in the future please keep in mind I'm not available to hold your hand while walking you through everything, no matter how many times you PM me. For anything from down links to your mom I'd suggest using a search engine to look for updated locations & more information. Also, if you're worried the intarwebs is falling apart, please use a service like Down For Everyone Or Just Me before asking others.

Have a great one everybody! /cheers icon14.gif

rippi
  • rippi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:59 AM

Hi smile.gif

at the moment I'm using 1.0.4.0 patch. is the graphic will look better if I use updated VisualIV 1.7.8b2 and H1Vltg3 iCEnhancer1.3FinalModifiedSettings ?

and could you show me what is your best setting for Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation?

cheers icon14.gif

WhiteGoblin
  • WhiteGoblin

I am one with the net

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (rippi @ Friday, Oct 28 2011, 01:59)
at the moment I'm using 1.0.4.0 patch. is the graphic will look better if I use updated VisualIV 1.7.8b2 and H1Vltg3 iCEnhancer1.3FinalModifiedSettings ?

Wow it's been a long time since I've looked at this thread. I've moved from one coast of the United States to the other for business, completed a contract, and moved back since I last looked at this thread. I'm going to assume that keeping with the most updated releases across any mod mentioned in this thread is probably a good idea but I don't even have GTA installed to check right now to be honest. Give me a while & I'll see if I can't whip up a reinstall of the complete list and update it while I'm at it. Though for the time being use your best judgement. smile.gif

Much love & Happy Holidays everybody!

'Goblin

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (WhiteGoblin @ Friday, Dec 23 2011, 18:18)
QUOTE (rippi @ Friday, Oct 28 2011, 01:59)

Wow it's been a long time since I've looked at this thread. I've moved from one coast of the United States to the other for business, completed a contract, and moved back since I last looked at this thread. I'm going to assume that keeping with the most updated releases across any mod mentioned in this thread is probably a good idea but I don't even have GTA installed to check right now to be honest. Give me a while & I'll see if I can't whip up a reinstall of the complete list and update it while I'm at it. Though for the time being use your best judgement. smile.gif

Much love & Happy Holidays everybody!

'Goblin

Merry Christmas to you too

Have a look at this thread for ENB. http://www.gtaforums...pic=480297&st=0

First post has alot of links already there. Some cannot be found anywhere else (I've personally uploaded them). Use whatever you want from it but link it into your thread if you do - because as you can see, the realism component of the ENB thread is important too. I'm mostly ontop of updates in many areas and tie them into the first post. Your thread is very valuable for "another dimension" of the realism aspect to GTA IV too.

Some great stuff in this thread too. inlove.gif colgate.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
-Packet

sukkafree63
  • sukkafree63

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

Great list you got here. I use some of the vehicle ones but cant use the visual enhancers due to a extremely low spec PC.

I was wondering if there's a .net script that keeps cars from trying to pass you at stop lights when using the wanted mod. I like that mod a lot but it breaks immersion when you have a cab pull up along side of you when stopped at a red light lol. I'm trying to play the game as realistically as possible and i even have a car pack installed that is way more modern than what the game originally comes with.

I'm in no rush to find a working script but being pointed in the right direction would be much appreciated since i searched the forums and came up empty handed except for the taxi fix scripts which as i mentioned i cant use.

I'm running version 1.0.7 of the game so it would hopefully have to work with that if possible. I don't know a lot about modding but maybe you could point me in the direction of a way to fix this. Also i cant use any of the taxi fix scripts because for some reason with any of them running my textures wont load at all. I load a save and walk out the door into a blue world with just cars and people (yes i have fully updated drivers for my video card and i also have DX11).

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:00 PM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 14 February 2012 - 09:10 PM.

QUOTE (sukkafree63 @ Wednesday, Dec 28 2011, 07:29)
I was wondering if there's a .net script that keeps cars from trying to pass you at stop lights

There is! HazardX wrote a .NET script like that in this thread: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=399852

I modified it slightly for my personal use. You can download my version here: http://www.mediafire...23nmzet37nambkl

What I added to HazardX's original script:
- Press Right Alt to turn on your hazard lights, making NPCs pass you like normal.
- If the NPC car is moving, the script forces them to brake until they stop.

Minor changes:
- Converted from VB.NET to C#
- Replaced metadata with a List, which fixed big lag spikes for me.

sukkafree63
  • sukkafree63

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:40 AM Edited by sukkafree63, 29 December 2011 - 02:25 PM.

Thanks for the reply. Should make the game a bit more real now since I'm trying to play it as an RPG.

Edit: Initial testing proves that your script works beautifully thank you smile.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Excellent post. Thank you so much for putting this together. Just finished TBOGT and wanna give these mods a try,

Also thanks AngryAmoeba for the traffic mod. I always hated it when the stupid taxis would scratch my shiny car trying to overtake me. tounge.gif

sama92
  • sama92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

white goblin, could you please post your enb settings, do you use the default 1.25 or H1Vltg3s settings? as i tried the default icenhancer 1.25 with realizmiv, ultimate textures 2 and visualiv 1.7.7 and it looked awfull, all grainy and fps was about 10. I have a i7 2630qm and gt 555m which is better than a 360m so would like to know how you get it running so well. Apart from all your things you do to your machines, defrag and ccleaner every hour.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:45 AM

Sorry to ask, but I thought considering it's a Realism Script pointer thread, someone might know...

Does anyone know what the "shift gears" animation is in GTA IV? I've seen it in numerous Machinimas but haven't found it yet...or maybe it's a script mod or something?

Gertrude73
  • Gertrude73

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:50 AM

user posted imageThanks, hopefully this will make it easier for everybody who just got their hands on the game or others who are just starting to check out what modding can do to extend the experience.

DBG
  • DBG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:50 PM

I like your collection of realistic mods..

personally realistic mods are the only mods I like (and also extra things like carlocking, carshops and other things that make the game more realistic in the sense that it's more realistic than for example stealing a new car every 5 min.), and they can make the game so much better, and more fun..

I already tried modding before, but mostly in GTA SA, and very few in GTA IV but it takes lots of time to find all the mods you like, put them in the game, make them work, find out why the game crashes, errors and so on..
I spent way to much time to make a GTA SA with all the realistic mods I could find (I had around 65-70 mods installed) and it was a bit waste of time cause GTA IV was coming out right after I finished..

so can someone please just make a torrent of his/her GTA installation folder so I (and others that want) can download a game that is already completely modded with these realistic mods?
Or at least all the modded files from the installationfolder so you can just copy all the modded files and replace the original files with them and the game is ready to play without all the work of download and putting the mod yourself.

If you want something in return, I can send a copy of my complete GTA SA game with all the mods installed, I have it still on my external hardisk.

Davidos667
  • Davidos667

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

*MASSIVE BUMP*

Considering the OP of this post has been gone for a very long time, I still had a few questions:

The game seems to regularly crash with these mods installed in order, is there a specific version of GTA 4 to be used instead of 1.0.7.0?

Some of these mods (Specifically the Brazilian guy's ones) cause people in your car to freak out and leave, most notably Roman when injured during the Bleed Out section, making it impossible to get started with the main storyline/freeroaming.

Is there any specific countermeasure against this? Is it possible to spawn in a clone of said actor and make them behave as if they were the mission based AI?

Are there any other people around experienced in combining this mod list with 1.0.7.0 and, if so, what did you do to make the game playable? What other mods would you run alongside these?

Thank you for your time.

-D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users