[IV|rel] MOD PACK!

473 replies to this topic
lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (HippieCommunist @ Apr 27 2011, 15:13)
oh... (now i see) in that case ill try to make a script to open those scenarios, since it does sounds pretty cool!

Yeah, some guy already managed to do it but I believe his script is far from releasing - he managed to make a script which lets you manipulate scenarios, his nickname is iriedreadlock24 I believe. The scenarios thingy is really great for making mods, cause instead of totally scripting from scratch you can use existing event and then edit it. For example instead of making a script where you call bodyguards and they come, you can launch the scenario where Dwayne goons come in, then find them using the same script, and edit them so they have other models, weapons.
I'll drop you a vid, his project is really amazed, however ppl barely know bout it cause he posted it in other section:
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
his dope wars mod. You can see he used scenario (there is sh*tload o' them in the game; some aren't really present at all but are still hidden there) where Jacob picks up Niko, then he edited it so you can buy drugs from him (another script launches)

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

daaaaang! O__O i didnt know that mercie_blink.gif cant wait for release!

u think he might wanna share his work? sigh.gif

it looks like some elite sh*t right there user posted image

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Yeah me too, he's really epic scripter, some hardcore sh*t coming thru - he managed to get co-op (2 players) on single player as well, also a radio mod that includes some hard-coded things, you can insert IV music into EFLC, make your own radio with the tracks from the game...sometimes I think he's ex-rockstar without the proper tools, lol

You guys are both epic and should work both, at least contact lol, please write in his topic:
http://www.gtaforums...ic=460602&st=60
or PM him.

I was already working with him on a bodyguard script back in the day when IV was rollin' on 1.3 patch, it had some cool stuff (you could even control the bodyguard yourself using numeric keys, and they followed you without crashing into each lamplight) then he dissapeared like a chink in crop of rice, then came back in style with his epic scripts.
And remember, not hi-jacking your topic, both of you guys are epic and should work togetha' icon14.gif

m1ke
  • m1ke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

MegaModPack has me gob smacked I loves it !!!! any chance of making the pick pocket steal peds cars also like gta3 ? just a thought

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

F@CKING A!

cant wait to see it!
if theres anything i can help u with, just ask!

Ambient = not only music

Thanks for the offer, it is much appreciated. Right now, two people drive to the abandoned car, one steals it, they both drive off. If there is no abandoned vehicle, they take a parked one. Can't decide if I like the car or would rather random walking peds.

I would love to see what you do for a hijacking mod, if you do. Right now, my script excludes cars with drivers (who are still breathing) wink.gif . If not, I may edit mine later.

And the ambient mods are the best ones, as they just happen. This is why I love these little mods you have like ticket, and pickpocket. I don't have to do anything, and the game world is changed.

irie's mod is shaping up to be something huge as well.

@lolleroz - Is there a scenario editor as well? I was only aware of the script editor. Or are we talking about the same thing?

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

ok here comes:

CriminalActs.CS - some peds will try to rob and carjack (more random action)

-optimized the pickpocket
-added carjacking
-changed the file's name (delete the old pickpocket.cs)

you turned me on to make this turn.gif tell me what u think...
the code was optimized to not eat that much memory (longer tick intervals, smaller chances variance)

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:41 PM

the scenarios.dat (or whatever is named) is merely 10% of what you can see and gain thru scripting...there are only about 20 scenarios you can actually see in the game, rest is still there but it needs to be manipulated to be launched through a script, I am pretty sure they are scenarios like ped robbing Niko for example or someone else, the thing is, it isn't launched at all.
Scenarios.dat editing won't do much at all, it's completely useless to fool around with. And yes there is scenarios editor in IV needle program but..it's already easier to edit it thru the notepad.

EDIT, Lol, posted in the same time ph34r.gif
Great job Hippie, testin' it nao.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:44 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 28 April 2011 - 03:46 PM.

great minds think alike! give it a go smile.gif

u can manipulate the chance of the criminal act if u want...

*cops will chase criminals, chance for a robber to have a gun! suicidal.gif
**also, i dont know if u know, when throwing peds you can direct the camera to where u want it thrown turn.gif

CODE
int r=Ra(1,16); //chance to make a criminal act

makes criminal acts realistic and rare.

**** did any1 tried to hold a criminal down the station? (im surprised no1 finds interest in that, as it allows to complete missions without violence and still get all the money from the mission as well as the ped's carrying money $$$)

*** a good idea is to set Arrest/BodyThrow/Trunk to 1 button, and the Dart/Knife to some other button. its working great for me whatsthat.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Woo, improved pickpocket thugs is awesome indeed. Some LSD cleaner robbed me, I managed to throw him onto grass while chasing him, then kicked him down to death - I got my 2k back, so I had 102k in total. Then a cop approached me and I had to pay a ticket that was 10k, lmao.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:21 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 28 April 2011 - 08:17 PM.

yeah i love the randomness that always surprises and brings a new meaning to the game smile.gif

i should have probably put on some kinna warning like:

**SCRIPT MAY CAUSE SEVERE PARANOIA!**

-optimized the Ticket to work better

biggrin.gif

** lol i just got robbed in prison... good thing i always have my shank to throw devil.gif

-fixed few bugs
-optimized CriminalActs (was still causing the mid air bug)
-re-optimized the Ticket (think/hope i finally solved it)

-tweaked the Ticket furthermore, more stable.
-no more randomness around the fine limit (just need to have more than 1K)
-small bugs fixed

pretty sure the mid air bug is gone now... i need to rest catspider.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

Goddamn this is so f*cking awesome, I just failed first mission for Roman due to fact, while checking if the loan sharks will come, some black dude punched me in the face and drove off with Roman's cab lol.gif
Pickpocket thingy works great as well....However the corrupted-scripts bug that is active after 30 mins of playing is really annoying, even the hotdog servants are bugged...but I see you fixed it, so checking it right now, thanks Hippie!

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:44 PM

yeah you welcome! smile.gif the script had some holes in em that needed to patched, i think its fixed since i left niko to stand in the street overnight, when i woke up; he had no money, no weapons and in prison O_O (which till this point i dunno how it could have happened since u need 3 stars for that) point is, no1 was hanging in mid air so im optimistic dontgetit.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

LMAO wtf O.o and yeah it's cool to experiment, after 15 mins when I was preparing bread my damn car was gone, and I lost about 5k. I seriously gotta love this, you, my friend, are a genius ^^ With your mods the game actually DOES have the sandbox game feel, not just cause you can go where you want without limitations...it always annoyed me in IV, without missions there was literally NO potential in the damn game. Your mods have fixed that ^^
And I didn't notice the corrupted-scripts bug for now as well, so I'm optimistic *_*

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:59 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 28 April 2011 - 09:05 PM.

thanks for that!
its pretty cool indeed! tell ya the truth i never expected to achieve such depth in a sandbox game, mods give alot more balanced and equal feeling between the NPCs and the player in a modern chaotic megapolis, as it should be.

another goal i feel i achieved is increasing the value of MONEY u earn, since there are nowhere to spend it besides weapons =\

i also use the C06alt's Vehicle shop mod to spend money sumhow sneaky2.gif

*edit - btw the ticket giving cop now keeps ALL the money he fines you, not just the last one wink.gif FIX!

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Same, I use his great (although old-dated) mod as well, I don't see any other point of spending money on, except weapons (that I mostly find anyway). Oh right, forgot about the fact I spend sh*tload of money on your bodyguards from contact missions mod, hehe.

Perhaps after we'll done with the ambient thingy we will get some ideas on scripts where Niko has more opportunities to spend money on...
I'm thinking of a business mod like in Vice City, imagine buying Majestic Hotel...we could save game there, and collect money from the business. Would be pretty neat. Buy the hotel for 250k, then earn 2,5k each few ingame hours, hehe ^^
Gokaic made (a little primitive) business script, you can buy the russian shop and collect money from there...the problem is randomness, the lack of it...you only get described amount of money per few ingame hours, either 0$, 250$, 1000$, 500$ etc, and if you don't pick it it's lost. So if I'll wait for 10 paydays and pick it up I only get 1 payday.
Here's a link, maybe you should check it out: http://gokaicegaci.y...m/downloads.php 'business man', download it bro.
Ah it seems I am going offtopic too far again ^^ for now we should still focus on making the game even more amazing by random events. And all.

Prof_Farnsworth
  • Prof_Farnsworth

Ambient Modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:40 PM Edited by Prof_Farnsworth, 29 April 2011 - 02:27 AM.

I come back not even a day later to let you know about a script error, and there are 4 new versions and new features!! WTF! Awesome.

I'll be testing the criminal acts now.

edit: it works great. I turned down the chance (rand(1,25)) of crimes to happen as I was getting robbed non stop. Then this bum jumps off the corner, jacks some guy's GTO, crashes it a half block away, jumps out and runs like superman down the block into a jeep, and finally limps away injured. Then my crew come in and steal his empty car from the middle of the street. lol.gif lol.gif

And all I did was stand on the corner minding my business. Really brings the world to life. Well scripted also.

lolleroz, the business mod has been on my mind a while now, but need to figure out a few more techniques first.

Hippie, if you start working on a business mod and want some help, let me know. I have some locations and ideas to implement. Although I doubt you would need it. tounge2.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

damn its very tempting... coz i know that if ill start such a thing, i can say bye bye to my last semester, im affraid ill put it on queue for now... tounge.gif now is the time for small projects (to maintain ^_^)

and yeah random peds very much get jacked! very fun to watch the police chase them... inlove.gif

try it dude!
sigh.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (HippieCommunist @ Apr 28 2011, 23:55)
damn its very tempting... coz i know that if ill start such a thing, i can say bye bye to my last semester, im affraid ill put it on queue for now...  tounge.gif   now is the time for small projects (to maintain ^_^)

and yeah random peds very much get jacked! very fun to watch the police chase them...  inlove.gif

try it dude!
sigh.gif

Naturally, it's just a project for future, when you have time ^^
And Prof, you should release your mod soon, it would be very nice and realistic - it annoys me that after a goddamn bankrob I finish, there is sh*tload of cars on street and no one does anything to move them. Cars just take the other road.
Your mod fixes that.
And also you should make a half of chance (50%) for carjackers to either spawn or foot or with a car smile.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:56 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 29 April 2011 - 10:52 PM.

ok last update for now biggrin.gif

-added BasicNeeds.CS
-optimized Knife and Dart to not work while ragdolled etc
-optimized the TEMP's F10 reset button to disable the drunk camera

BasicNeeds.cs press B to drink/smoke/eat depending on what object you've picked up (manipulating the health accordingly)
drink alcohol and you will get drunk
smoke a pipe and you will get high
while not holding any objects, pressing the B key will make the player urinate (dropping the alcohol level in the blood)
controlling the player might become harder the more drunk you get
if the police see you pissing, you will recieve a wanted star

you know how annoying it is to pick up objects and have nothing to do with them but throw them away? no more! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

start from the Internet Cafe, they all have food in the cafeteria.
strip clubs/bars have alcohol/drinks (coffee/cups/bottles/etc)
lost apartments have pipes/smokes

*so nice that you can get sh*tfaced in a bar and always sum1 will try to steal cash from you, no matter where you are at that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif
the script writes itself!

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:31 PM Edited by HippieCommunist, 30 April 2011 - 12:09 AM.

-added the food/drinking objects from the apartment in Broker
-added the food/drinking objects from the majestic suite
-optimized the player pissing direction

good night ppl! turn.gif

user posted image

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:30 AM

Oh my god....I love you &_&
I always wanted a simple mod where I could go get myself drunk in a bar without calling gay friends...you made the same, but 10x times better.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

NO f*ckING WAY...
Some f*cker just stole a Oracle from my backyard that I bought for 100k cry.gif
I wanted to chase him when I found out (due to fact I had vehicle blips enabled) but the car was already gone...f*ck!
Also I saved my game before, and ecountered a bug, but REALLY fun one - the pickpocket dude teleported to me when I was sleeping (saving game) and pickpocketed me lol.gif at first that bug annoyed me but then I thought it makes some sense - Niko is sleeping 6 hours, the house is open...seems like Niko isn't the only home invader ^^

So I ask you...is it possible to make a script where you can lock your car? You could both lock it when inside, and from the outside, then unlock it again to enter... or at least some kind of car alarm to put on, so when someone jacks your car you can chase him down ^^

I really gotta love the madness of this mod...some thug was chasing me due the fact I stole his grenades from his car, I hid my weapon and then we went on fist fight..he lost, of course. The ambulance came, and after healing him instead of saying 'thanks' he jacked the ambulance and drove off mercie_blink.gif

Gameman246
  • Gameman246

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:12 PM Edited by Gameman246, 30 April 2011 - 04:16 PM.

Love this mod, and don't think I can go back from using it tounge.gif . If you're taking suggestions, could you add basic dodging like from one of your previous mods? As in, roll and slide, maybe even flips and dancing if you want tounge.gif . If it's too much effort, or you can't be bothered, no problem, love this mod anyway biggrin.gif

Edit: Nvm, I found that the old mod you made still works for 1.0.7 biggrin.gif . Also, I have a crime story. A hobo in the middle of the city asked me for some money. Being a friendly criminal mastermind, I agreed, and gave him $10. He replied by saying "You're a nice lady." He then proceeded to push me to the ground, steal $1000 of my hard earned dollars, pull a gun, and stare at me while I got up. One thrown knife later, I had my money back, and the police confiscated the knife from me, then fined me a much larger sum of $10,000. I learned a lesson then; Never steal money back from a hobo. You'll end up losing a lot more tounge.gif

hkboondoggle
  • hkboondoggle

Fail

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 04:47 PM Edited by hkboondoggle, 30 April 2011 - 04:51 PM.

Really love the random madness of your mods! Open trunk & CriminalActs are just epic! I still can't believe I got robbed at a police station then some cops shoot that SoB right away.
Instant coffee was working smoothly either, yet not the case of Sliding gate, knife and dart throw.

Weirdly, it drop me at the same spot after the green mist of sliding gate opening; indeed I remain stationary at all. Same situation happened even I've set a viewpoint on the map. Then there's an army of homeless spawned & surround me. I swear to god it is definitely fishy as there's no way for appearing 50+ homeless ppl in the middle of the day [game time = 12:08 pm]
Similar to what I'm experiencing in your Contact Mission mod, there's no response when I tab or press + hold the knife / dart throwing key, no matter how close the target was, whether he/she was facing me or not.

Hope the info helps and keep up the nice work Hippie! icon14.gif

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

When I thought the dart isn't working for me (because knife is) I realised it isn't 'throwing dart' anymore, its 'sticking dart'. You need to be REALLY close to the person you want to stick the dart to, and facing him, then HOLD DOWN the button.

hkboondoggle
  • hkboondoggle

Fail

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yup, that's what I did: point blank, face to face, hold the button for few sec.

m1ke
  • m1ke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

awesome bag-of-mods very funny time in Liberty City now will have to check this page more often as you update faster than I can use them biggrin.gif

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:09 PM

I am currently using the Arrest mod from the mod pack, as well as the free running mod. Sadly, I need to press G on both mods to activate them, which is why the arresting does not work...Is there a way to bind another key to the arrest action or maybe even the other mod?
I would really appreciate your help!

hardsty1e
  • hardsty1e

GLITCHED

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

@darkfailure Open up arrest.cs script and find "GetValueKey("Key", Keys.G)" then change "G key" to whatever key you need to, ex: GetValueKey("Key", Keys.T)

darkfailure
  • darkfailure

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:34 PM Edited by darkfailure, 30 April 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Thanks a lot! However, I already managed to change the key from the Free Running Mod to another one. Sadly, I do not arrest a ped when holding down the 'G' key (I haven't changed anything in the script file).
And I can not drag dead bodies, too. I can only throw them.

I don't know if I am acting stupid or something, but I really don't get it to work they way it should.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users