Photo

Helicopters for PC... Really?

16 replies to this topic
fukyourockstar
  • fukyourockstar

?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

Well, I was playing this amazing game, amazing up until i got to the the sh*tty mission called "Sexy Time" in The Ballad of Gay Tony. I thought that stealing the helicopter wasn't so bad, but then, that f*cking rag-head that gave you the mission makes you go and blow up the yacht. First of all, what f*cking pleasure yacht has rocket launchers on it? Well, it takes time to get used to the controls, but the yacht is easy, but THEN you have to chase these little boats with foreigners on it with AKs and heat-seeking rocket launchers. I see, the NPC gets heat-seeking missiles on the newbie player but the the newbie player doesn't get heat-seeking missiles. So after 2 hours of crashing into the water, I finally kill all the boats. As I fly to the sh*thole of that rag-head's helipad, the game starts to lag REALLY f*ckING BAD. It stops after 10 minutes of laggy flying, at the helipad. As I'm landing, my helicopter has the sudden urge to dive forward, making me hit these random radio towers on the helipad building. I spin out and need to fly away. As I start to turn around, the f*cking game crashes. Therefore, I wasted about 3 hours playing the same f*cking mission, crashing into the f*cking water, and not being able to f*cking land because of the terrible controls of the helicopter. My camera randomely spun out like 8 times while flying that piece of sh*t. The main point I'm getting across this rant (which I'm sure to get flamed for) is that the CONTROLS f*ckING SUCK. The lag was just unfortunate issues happening at the "perfect" time. So, I know dipsh*t Rockstar will never fix the controls, or this will help with anything, and I'm just gonna banned and this thread will be locked or something, but I'm just telling people my experience of Rockstar's "genius" ways of having helicopters in a computer game.

Goodbye.

Tuck2103
  • Tuck2103

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:51 AM

You shouldn't flame so much in one post. If you remove all the swearing we'll get your message as well.
Your story made me laugh nonetheless ^^
I do agree that the controls of the helicopter are difficult for PC. Especially flying by using the mouse to steer is hard to control. And don't get me started on aiming with the annihiliator.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:46 AM Edited by ikt, 24 April 2011 - 10:52 AM.

Blaming a game company for your own incompetence, where have we seen this before? The Annihilator in default IV is pretty much very controllable. I can kill others with its guns only and manouvering it isn't hard at all. WASD and Numpad updownrightleft. It's a bit harder than in GTA SA, but it's completely do-able. You don't have any right of speech, especially in a Buzzard. That thing has rockets and guns. Just a few fly-overs and everobdy beneath is dead. Same story in the upgraded Annihilator. I could have agreed with you if you needed to do something near-impossible in a default Annihilator, but you're just saying bullocks.

Have a good day.

Kids these days, going angry-german-kid mode when something even fails slightly. I'd like to see you playing Contra and failing at the end because of something near impossible. Back then, it taked skill to win, and winning the game was the ultimate goal. It took people months to complete a simple 2D platform game. Now games have autoaims, enemies that die when stuck by a single bullet, overpowered player weapons and reduced damage enemy weapons. The only really challenging modern games were CoD4 and the Crysis games on hardest difficulty. Both the mission in the launch facility and Mile High Club on veteran in CoD4 were a bitch to beat, and Crysis 1 had near invincible enemies on Delta. Crysis 2 was less hard, but still a bitch with Pingers.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

interesting name you have there friend.

OGIamLoco
  • OGIamLoco

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

this'll help;

OdDsOcK
  • OdDsOcK

Overseer of the Congregation

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:14 PM

I like how ikt completely misses the point and starts babbling about the difficulty settings of other games, which are in no way related to the controls of helicopters in GTA IV.

I don't have GTA IV for the PC so I don't have a problem with controlling them. Perhaps if you have a joystick or use your 360 controller, you'll find it easier, OP. You can't reassign controls?

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I can control a helicopter perfectly in GTA IV PC with default controls. First person/hood view and there you go. Flying with the camera behind is only useful for shooting. The only case controlling a helicopter is near impossible is when you're using a keyboard that doesn't support more than 2 simultanious key presses when using the realistic flying mod.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

If you change the controls to fly and shoot with the keyboard the mission is easy. I made 100% the first time. If something doesn't work, maybe you should try something else instead of ragging on a company that made such an obviously great game.
Stop banging your head on the wall and then complain when your head hurts. facedesk.gif

fukyourockstar
  • fukyourockstar

?

• Members

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ Apr 24 2011, 16:19)
Stop banging your head on the wall and then complain when your head hurts. facedesk.gif

May I ask why I have to stop my favorite hobby?

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (fukyourockstar @ Apr 24 2011, 13:21)

You don't have to stop your hobby.
If something doesn't work for you, maybe you should try something else.
Sounds like you kept doing the same thing over and over.
Did you try remapping your controls to make it easier? I tried several things before I found what worked for flying and shooting with the helicopter. I also tried with rockets, but I found it's so much easier using the miniguns.
Why do you blame someone else if you can't figure out how to do it?
Or why didn't you come someplace like here and ask what works better.
Instead you rip Rockstar who has clearly made a superior game that appears is beyond you.
This game has the best missions of any GTA game, at least since GTA 2.
And this mission is one of the best. There is no way this one is hard at all.

DamageIncM
  • DamageIncM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:05 PM Edited by DamageIncM, 25 April 2011 - 04:08 PM.

I agree that the (default) controls suck for the helicopters.
It's been mapped really weird, and even if you know what does what, it doesn't respond well.
You can only concentrate on keeping the chopper straight rather than moving around the way you want to.

It's implemented so badly because it was made to work with analog sticks.
Just like with the Darts and Pool, it's all mapped to keys and doesn't work as well,
as the software counts on subtle movement and input of the analog sticks.

Anyway, I must agree anyway that Rockstar failed at the controls for the PC-version.
Don't take this as if I totally hate Rockstar for everything they made, just talking about the controls (for PC) here.
It's only disappointing to me...

Also, they did it great in 'Battlefield 2', which is a whole different story,
but that game was basically a partial very simplified flight-simulator.
I mean, just the accuracy you could fly helicopters, with just the mouse and keyboard.
Could only dream it would be the same in 'GTA IV' and other games, cause they're not even close.

Oh well, guess they're just not good at that part. Happens...

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran Previously KingBulleT 8747

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Helicopter controls for the Helicopters is better on PC, i hate the console controls.
Whats so hard about that controls? I can Fly through that tunnel in dunkes and my heli wont crash, whats up with you to flame so hard?

gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Sunday, Apr 24 2011, 10:46)
Blaming a game company for your own incompetence, where have we seen this before? The Annihilator in default IV is pretty much very controllable. I can kill others with its guns only and manouvering it isn't hard at all. WASD and Numpad updownrightleft. It's a bit harder than in GTA SA, but it's completely do-able. You don't have any right of speech, especially in a Buzzard. That thing has rockets and guns. Just a few fly-overs and everobdy beneath is dead. Same story in the upgraded Annihilator. I could have agreed with you if you needed to do something near-impossible in a default Annihilator, but you're just saying bullocks.

Have a good day.

Kids these days, going angry-german-kid mode when something even fails slightly. I'd like to see you playing Contra and failing at the end because of something near impossible. Back then, it taked skill to win, and winning the game was the ultimate goal. It took people months to complete a simple 2D platform game. Now games have autoaims, enemies that die when stuck by a single bullet, overpowered player weapons and reduced damage enemy weapons. The only really challenging modern games were CoD4 and the Crysis games on hardest difficulty. Both the mission in the launch facility and Mile High Club on veteran in CoD4 were a bitch to beat, and Crysis 1 had near invincible enemies on Delta. Crysis 2 was less hard, but still a bitch with Pingers.

ok, so we got a 5th grader here acting mature huh? well you seriously fdailed doing that. Come back here when you have some education, thank you.
Also, look at the long ass essay you wrote, YOU MAD HUH? hahhahah

gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (fukyourockstar @ Sunday, Apr 24 2011, 18:21)

OHHHH SNAAAPPPPP! that's a WIN there bro! CLEVER REPLY. Just clever. You are a badass

gta saaaaaa
  • gta saaaaaa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (DamageIncM @ Monday, Apr 25 2011, 16:05)
It's been mapped really weird, and even if you know what does what, it doesn't respond well.
You can only concentrate on keeping the chopper straight rather than moving around the way you want to.

Just like with the Darts and Pool, it's all mapped to keys and doesn't work as well,

Anyway, I must agree anyway that Rockstar failed at the controls for the PC-version.
Don't take this as if I totally hate Rockstar for everything they made, just talking about the controls (for PC) here.

I mean, just the accuracy you could fly helicopters, with just the mouse and keyboard.
Could only dream it would be the same in 'GTA IV' and other games, cause they're not even close.

If only all people in the world would be like you, have an attitude and education level as high as you, it would be a much better place.....sigh.
Look at all those uneducated people in this post, bet they have nothing better to do than being a " mean internet ass" lmfao.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

What's up with people bumping old threads just for adding stupid comments?

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (gta saaaaaa @ Tuesday, Aug 6 2013, 01:03)
QUOTE (DamageIncM @ Monday, Apr 25 2011, 16:05)

If only all people in the world would be like you, have an attitude and education level as high as you, it would be a much better place.....sigh.
Look at all those uneducated people in this post, bet they have nothing better to do than being a " mean internet ass" lmfao.

No need to triple post dude. Oh and yeah, that topics like ancient history

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users