Photo

code 12 error

17 replies to this topic
ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

I tried to play vc and it said that it could not find enough video memory. I have got windows 7 ultimate. When I checked the problems in my pc using the troubleshooting wizard, it said that the video card driver is fine but it can't find enough free resources to run. The driver is on Pci bus 0 and it's mobile intel ® 4 series express chipset family. Please help me.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

Start > Run > Type 'dxdiag' > OK > Display.

Take a screenshot of that page and post it here.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

Sorry for replying so late. when i run dxdiag and change the tab to display it only shows the resolution for the screen not the video card manufacturer, chip type,DAC type , monitor and video driver. Also direct3d, direct draw and AGP acceleration are disabled
cryani.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 23:30)
Sorry for replying so late. when i run dxdiag and change the tab to display it only shows the resolution for the screen not the video card manufacturer, chip type,DAC type , monitor and video driver. Also direct3d, direct draw and AGP acceleration are disabled
cryani.gif

user posted image

This is what the DXDIAG's Display screen should look like on Windows 7...look at this screen on your system and post a screen shot of yours like Girishb has said in his last post...

Also, Is this the Retail(CD) version OR a Downloaded version? If Downloaded, from where? If Retail, Is this the Original CD OR a Copy of the CD? Any No-CD cracks? Any Mods? Trainers? Any Daemon tools installed on your PC?-If so, un-install them, as they can interfere with games...

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:27 AM Edited by ramarar, 07 July 2011 - 06:47 AM.

Well i don't know how to paste the picture and the cd is original. i think windows can't detect the video card and video driver sad.gif . I can't even run games like gta 2 . There are no daemon tools or anything like that , the windows is original but the game is not original. i also tried running original game of vice city , san andreas and liberty city. The glass effects of the windows also do not run. when i run windows media center, it displays a message that i need a video card with atleast 64 mb of video memory

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Please reply. I want to find more glicthes in gta vc that have not been found yet

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Open up DxDiag, and change to the Display tab. Press the print screen button ("Prt Scrn", it's to the right of the F12 key). Open up Paint and press Ctrl + V. Save that image somewhere on your PC. Go here and upload the picture. When done, paste the link here. wink.gif

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:24 PM

Thanks andreaz here's the link

http://i39.tinypic.com/dwcdxe.png

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 07:20)
Please reply. I want to find more glicthes in gta vc that have not been found yet

I highly doubt you will find anything new in the way of glitches, as since this game is 9 years old pretty much ALL glitches has been covered and found which are in the Pinned topic.

But, your problem is: You have no video card. Also, judging by the screenshot, you have Windows 98 and NOT Windows 7?, as Windows 7's set-up looks like the screenshot I posted above. Even if you had an Intel card, like you said, it would look like this in the DXDIAG page: user posted image So, since yours says N/A, that means there is no video card installed, and since you are on a laptop, that means you will have to get a new PC if you want to play games, as you cannot upgrade video cards on laptops(unless you have a Dell XPS model, which do not solder the cards in).

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

That's the Windows 98 theme looks like on Windows 7 I think. But yes, since you have no physical video card you are out of luck I'm afraid.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

I have windows 7 only. I just changed the theme to make it run fast. I also had video card in my laptop.It was running fine but then one day when i started my laptop the look I saw made me think it was safe mode. Then I tried to run vc but it said there is not enough video memory. Then i searched in device manager and found this:

http://i42.tinypic.com/335a1de.png

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 05:15)
I have windows 7 only. I just changed the theme to make it run fast. I also had video card in my laptop.It was running fine but then one day when i started my laptop the look I saw made me think it was safe mode. Then I tried to run vc but it said there is not enough video memory. Then i searched in device manager and found this:

http://i42.tinypic.com/335a1de.png

That could be part of the problem-Change the theme back to the Default one(the normal 7 theme). Also, What is the Vram? and What is the System Ram? Since you have an Intel video card, which is Shared vram(shared with the system ram), your PC could be reading only shared ram and not allowing any(or very little) as dedicated vram-and games use dedicated vram, so you need at least 64mb of dedicated vram to make the game run.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:12 AM

Well I have 3 gb of system RAM but the dxdiag tool tells me that I have no VRAM. How can i increase the size of dedicated RAM? Reverting the theme back to normal did not solve the problem and I know it won't. So what do you recommend? Should I upgrade my video card or if possible increase the dedicated video memory?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 23:12)
Well I have 3 gb of system RAM but the dxdiag tool tells me that I have no VRAM. How can i increase the size of dedicated RAM? Reverting the theme back to normal did not solve the problem and I know it won't. So what do you recommend? Should I upgrade my video card or if possible increase the dedicated video memory?

Since you have 3GB System Ram, that means your shared vram should be a little over 1GB-and Intel cards usually have either 32MB, 64MB, or 128MB-depending on the card and set up. I have never seen an Intel card that has more than 128MB of dedicated vram.

But, since you are on a laptop, the only thing you can really do is make sure your drivers are up to date, as you cannot upgrade a laptop video card, as they are soldered into the motherboard.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Video drivers are up to date and tell me what to do now.

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:39 AM

Will anyone reply?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (ramarar @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 06:39)
Will anyone reply?

I answered that question in my last post-you must have missed it? confused.gif Since you are on a laptop, there is nothing you can do besides get a new PC-either desktop or laptop-as videocards are soldered into laptops, so it would be cheaper to get a new and better one. Cause in order to replace parts for laptops, you would first have to find the parts(which are hard to do for laptops) and then get a new motherboards(which are $500+ alone-according to a local PC repair shop in the gulfcoast area, which this was back in 2007, so that is probably higher now due to inflation), then get a processor, Ram, and a video card-which would all cost at least $1,000 at minimum, and for less than that, you can get an up-to-date and better laptop than the one you have. Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

ramarar
  • ramarar

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Thank you. But what about the code 12. What if some other driver is causing this problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users