Photo

GTA Horror Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic
jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:02 PM Edited by jtr007, 02 May 2011 - 03:11 PM.

Im Currently in the progress of a horror mod with a mate from school.. We've been talking about it for awhile now. So we have decided to start on it. Where in the progress of designing it and make up the story line.. smile.gif

Lil about the Story intro..
You start as a cop at a diner in the city, you get called out to a accident in the city. at the accident there is a petrol tanker crashed between two buildings. as you go to investigate the accident scene, the petrol tanker blows up into two. a car speeds through the explosion and keeps driving. then zombies start appering from behind the exploded tanker... You start shooting them, but they keep coming, So you get to higher ground to radio in, they tell you to get out of there and go investigate another part of the city where somethings happening....

It will be a whole new map, Its all desert based theme, with a city and a couple of small towns and other extras wink.gif it will also have side missions to do aswell. All new weapons and partical effects, Would also like to have a cool timecycle effect..

jtr007 - Modeller and Texture. Scripting (only know a little bit)

Parkey69 - Texture Artist and Designs.

metalistas2 - Map modeller (plus more) wink.gif

We would like some more people to join to help us out, If your intrested in helping or would like to know more about it, Just PM me Or PM For Steam, Xfire, Msn Or Skype Details. Cheers! happy.gif

I will upload some pictures soon! So stay tuned. smile.gif

And we also Need to come up a name For Our Project. Lol icon14.gif

JTR007

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Sounds pretty awesome.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

If you can pull it off this could shape up to be very good, but bare in mind you have a lot to live up too, YAH for example wink.gif

jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:15 PM

Haha, yea bam. I've been thinking about this along time now.. I would love it to be as good as YAH. smile.gif Hope it all works out good. Cause if we pull this off. we would to remake it in Unity. smile.gif
Couple of renders of landscape in 3ds.
user posted image
user posted image

icon14.gif

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Nice i like Horror Mods keep it up icon14.gif

jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

Heres a diner that will be in the middle of the desert, Would like to add 2DFX, lighting. (neon Signs) wink.gif
Its being Textured Right now. smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image

I would also like some ideas for a small city, (how it should look) tounge2.gif Cheers!

And any other ideas in general? smile.gif

JTR007

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

You dont have to use zombies, theres so many zombie mods out there confused.gif , go for something weird like normal characters and peds that act in a strange and creepy way. Peds on the street that stand and stare at you tounge.gif go for something out of the blue.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Apr 29 2011, 16:02)
You dont have to use zombies, theres so many zombie mods out there confused.gif , go for something weird like normal characters and peds that act in a strange and creepy way. Peds on the street that stand and stare at you tounge.gif go for something out of the blue.

Although the idea is nice, what would be the horror of people just staring at you? Something else has to happen.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Yeah go for crazy mutants, or alien invasion, would be a nice change.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Apr 29 2011, 20:16)
QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Apr 29 2011, 16:02)

Although the idea is nice, what would be the horror of people just staring at you? Something else has to happen.

When i was talking about people staring i didnt mean that is what the horror mod revolves around suicidal.gif
use your common sense i mean its obvious that could just be a little feature, and not every single ped would stare at you.

jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

Lol, Yea. there a few zombie mods. But i would like to make a horror mod with monsters like from Dead Space. It would be great.. But my friend (Parkey69) loves zombies. So i guess its gonna be another zombie mod. But with a whole new map. happy.gif

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (jtr007 @ Apr 30 2011, 09:17)
Lol, Yea. there a few zombie mods. But i would like to make a horror mod with monsters like from Dead Space. It would be great.. But my friend (Parkey69) loves zombies. So i guess its gonna be another zombie mod. But with a whole new map. happy.gif

dontgetit.gif lol

jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Apr 30 2011, 09:15)
dontgetit.gif lol

Haha, Parkey69 (GTA name) is helping with the mod, He is like second head leader. And he really wants it to be a zombie mod.. Like Coin-Gods mod, (Biohazard Alert) yawn.gif

GET ME NOW? lol

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:34 PM

lol Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

jtr007
  • jtr007

Sup?

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

Okay, Quick update, metalistas2 has been working on a old desert town, here some quick renders. ;D
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:13 PM Edited by frank.s, 02 May 2011 - 03:38 PM.

Looks good, can't wait to see it textured. icon14.gif
Jtr your building's good but the rocks/ground looks too flat and unrealistic, got any other land done?

Edit: Also i've just noticed the rock texture isn't seamless, go on msn and i'll make it into a seamless texture if you want.

SID TERROR
  • SID TERROR

"The Hardest Working Man In Horror"

• Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:07 AM

The world would be a far better and more original place if people stopped making Zombie movies (and for that matter Zombie mods) for the next 50 years. It's just a unoriginal played out idea that screams "Horror n00b" to me.

Even George Romero admits he ripped off the idea for his zombies in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD from the book I AM LEGEND (which became the Vincent Price movie THE LAST MAN ON EARTH) and another movie called INVISIBLE INVADERS. Romero didn't even want to call them "Zombies" (a term never even used in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, and only used once as a throwaway line in DAWN OF THE DEAD). Anything done since then has been a swipe of a swipe of a swipe of a swipe of a... etc.

All that said, I really do wish you the best of luck with your mod, but realize that you are really going to have to work at giving it a new twist so that it is not the same stale old zombie thing. I'm not here to just crap on it without trying to give you some useful ideas too...

You have already decided on a desert location, it would be so easy to make it on the edge of a nuclear / atomic bomb testing range where radiation is starting to mutate some of the locals. Even throw in some Area 51 overtones. ...Several years ago I was going to do a mod that the police helecopters were replaced with flying saucers that were hunting the player. Feel free to take these ideas and run with them if you choose.

Again, all best to you.

---TERROR

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:43 PM Edited by AB0333, 08 January 2012 - 06:53 PM.

Oops nothing, I didn't see the guy above me bumped the topic. (now I did, too) blush.gif

Sorry.

-_NeO_-GaMeR
  • -_NeO_-GaMeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:47 AM Edited by -_NeO_-GaMeR, 07 February 2012 - 09:16 AM.

i think u should add something more before the zombies come.........
Like the people in area 51 had been trying to make something like bio organic weapon solution which they made for use in the war.... They launched it but it crashed in its way but it crashed ....the B.O.W made human into a zombies.... N if the zombie bites a heathy human the human turns into a zombie...... And so it spread to the whole city.....
On the cop's way back to the headquaters, he is attacked by the zombies * zombies should have weapons like chainsaw, dynamites, axe, crossbow...etc.... N u should also make some big zombies with special power's like immune to bullet's... Or super speed etc.... These zombies should look like the zombies in RE-5 the majinis n all that sh*t...... This will make the story more interesting.... * they r large in no he tries to kill them all but the only weapon he has is a deagle.... So he runs to a mountain n calls for support but the head quater is in deep trouble as it has been a attacked by zombies......
I am thinking about the rest of the story......
I think this should help
note- i think u should change the desert theme into some busy city theme......
The more the people the more the zombies
. Sorry for bad english i'm a indian.......

-_NeO_-GaMeR
  • -_NeO_-GaMeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:58 AM Edited by -_NeO_-GaMeR, 07 February 2012 - 09:19 AM.

Make it awesome!!!
smile.gif

jman99
  • jman99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

Is this alive? or dead? (orlivingdeadokxd)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users