Photo

Key to the city...

36 replies to this topic
Xeth
  • Xeth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

One of these sold for $350 on eBay a few weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290673573165

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Xeth @ Friday, Mar 30 2012, 19:23)
One of these sold for $350 on eBay a few weeks back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290673573165

I wouldn't be surprised by the sum. You can't get those physical keys to the city anymore.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:35 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 07 June 2012 - 06:38 PM.

My most frustrating contact ever with Rockstar was over one of these keys.
I completed the game 100% under the timelimit (even check my social club 'SamRosevelt') but because the server was overloaded and didn't update in the 'competition time' (Rockstar's words not mine) I was in their eyes a few minutes out of being eligible for a key.
This annoyed me so much because I had spent hours back to back to complete it in time after hearing about the competition. Well yeah Rockstar refused to give me one and I'll never forget that especially considering how cool they are and how much they are worth on ebay now confused.gif
Their value is around $525 at the moment SOURCE

SARDYNA108
  • SARDYNA108

Spammaster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

wow this is really interesting, I never heard about it before, anyone has some official info about these keys? Maybe an archived news on R* website or something? I found that on wikipedia:

Eligible players who completed the game with 100% between 12:00 am 29 April 2008 and 11:59 pm 19 May EST were sent a 'key to the city' to mark their achievement.

And interesting topic with pics

I dont like playing game like it was a race, I like to enjoy the storyline for a longer time, stunting, sightseeing etc betwen doing missions but I hope there will be same competition at GTA V release also for PC players (here it could be unfair becouse on PC you can use mods). Anyway this guys who got the keys had to have a lot of luck finding all 200 pigeons in 20 days without any guides etc icon14.gif

adam_fozz
  • adam_fozz

Respect is Everything

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Thursday, Jun 7 2012, 18:35)
My most frustrating contact ever with Rockstar was over one of these keys.
I completed the game 100% under the timelimit (even check my social club 'SamRosevelt') but because the server was overloaded and didn't update in the 'competition time' (Rockstar's words not mine) I was in their eyes a few minutes out of being eligible for a key.
This annoyed me so much because I had spent hours back to back to complete it in time after hearing about the competition. Well yeah Rockstar refused to give me one and I'll never forget that especially considering how cool they are and how much they are worth on ebay now confused.gif
Their value is around $525 at the moment SOURCE

I certainly feel for you on this one. That is exactly what Rockstar said to me. In the end I emailed them (this was about my 10th message) copying in every Rockstar employee I could find on the internet and offered to post my xbox hdd to them so that they could verify that in fact I was eligible! Finally after all that they sent me the application form which you had to fill in to accept their terms.

It was a lot of hard work but in the end it paid off and I really did feel like it was worth it because GTA has been my favourite game since my friend and I first got PC's and played GTA 1.

Adam_Fozz

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

That really is a shame, If I would've known that being relentless in my approach would've paid off I would've kept asking too.
This really is one of those things I will never ever forget because I know now I'll never own one of them keys because of their ridiculous ebay value. I have always made it my mission that If I ever speak to someone inside Rockstar I am going to make a point of bringing this up. I missed work to sit up and complete that challenge and for them to then say I was a minute or two out was absolutely infuriating.

adam_fozz
  • adam_fozz

Respect is Everything

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Wednesday, Jun 20 2012, 09:12)
That really is a shame, If I would've known that being relentless in my approach would've paid off I would've kept asking too.
This really is one of those things I will never ever forget because I know now I'll never own one of them keys because of their ridiculous ebay value. I have always made it my mission that If I ever speak to someone inside Rockstar I am going to make a point of bringing this up. I missed work to sit up and complete that challenge and for them to then say I was a minute or two out was absolutely infuriating.

I feel for you. You should keep an eye on ebay as I get the feeling that they might sometimes slip through the net and sell quite low here in the UK.
Its worth a shot.

Did you get my PM by the way?

Adam_Fozz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users