Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rockstar in Possession of new Dev Kits (Nintendo)

75 replies to this topic
Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

I don't think R* would do a GTA exclusive with Wii 2 or whatever it will called. We all know console-exclusive games doesn't sell as well as multi-platform games, look how much flak R* received from PS3 players when the EFLC was Xbox exclusive until they finally released it to PS3. Secondly, Nintendo always market their console towards more family-orientated casual gamers. They would more likely to avoid controversial titles such as GTA in order not to offend their customers. So these are two reasons that Nintendo would never use GTA as their launch title. It would be more likely Super Mario Bros HD Version or something like that.

Rent>A<Line99
  • Rent>A<Line99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

Exclusive or not, I can definitely see this happening.

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

They just release older titles for Mac..

Also don't Nintendo use Arm chips? xD

WilliDK
  • WilliDK

William B.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Dear god no!
Go play freaking Wii-Tennis instead... dontgetit.gif

Rent>A<Line99
  • Rent>A<Line99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I think everyone should stop automatically thinking of the motion gaming aspect of the Wii. This is about a new system, where the control scheme will be different and rumor has it that it will process like a 360. Sure, it would be backwards compatible, but it will also have a standard control system.

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

Why this is BS: Nintendo use ARM chips with on-board low bandwidth graphics.

If anything it's porting old titles or a portable grade title.

but yeah...keep ignoring the logic

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:25 PM Edited by jnzooger, 19 April 2011 - 02:30 PM.

QUOTE (DannyBee @ Apr 19 2011, 06:32)
I can hardly imagine a game on Wii like GTA, isn't it meant to be as family console? I mean they might do a separate GTA for the Wii 2 but I doubt it would get exclusivity to the Nintendo Wii, if these rumours are true then it will probably be a multiplatform release, and then a special version on the Wii for motion control and stuff. Or it could be a separate GTA for Kinect Wii and PS Move. I just don't think Rockstar would make it Wii exclusive.

And yet there have already been at least 2 "GTA Like" games on the Wii. Bully and Manhunt 2. And no, the Wii was never meant to be a "family console" it was meant to be an Everyone console, just as Microsoft is trying to reinvent the 360 to be. But no one has said Wii exclusivity was even on the table. We are talking about the next Nintendo console here.

QUOTE (diablo440 @ Apr 19 2011, 12:29)
They just release older titles for Mac..

Also don't Nintendo use Arm chips? xD

QUOTE (diablo440 @ Apr 19 2011, 14:12)
Why this is BS: Nintendo use ARM chips with on-board low bandwidth graphics.

If anything it's porting old titles or a portable grade title.

but yeah...keep ignoring the logic

Yeah, that's why Windows 8 will be available for ARM... sarcasm.gif

And this post is just wrong. Gamecube and Wii both used IBM Power PC CPUs, and ATi Graphics. Get your facts straight before bashing.

Anyways, the rumor is that the next Nintendo will be running the same CPU or a higher speed variant as the 360.

QUOTE (Little William @ Apr 19 2011, 12:01)
I don't think R* would do a GTA exclusive with Wii 2 or whatever it will called. We all know console-exclusive games doesn't sell as well as multi-platform games, look how much flak R* received from PS3 players when the EFLC was Xbox exclusive until they finally released it to PS3. Secondly, Nintendo always market their console towards more family-orientated casual gamers. They would more likely to avoid controversial titles such as GTA in order not to offend their customers. So these are two reasons that Nintendo would never use GTA as their launch title. It would be more likely Super Mario Bros HD Version or something like that.

Nintendo has no problem with M rated games. They also are focusing more on 3rd parties now. There is absolutely no reason a GTA game can't be a launch title on the next Nintendo console. Nintendo games are always more family-orientated, but the consoles are designed for Everyone. Just because 3rd parties don't seem to take advantage doesn't mean the stigma is true.

Mr.Boonya
  • Mr.Boonya

Respect is Everything

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

newest nintento's console is little bit powerfull than x360 ans ps3, so - why not?

cosmicboy
  • cosmicboy

The Saucer Cop

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Screw nintendo.. they used to be the dogs, now its all gimmicks..

Their new console will just about be on par if not a tiny bit better than the xbox and ps3
then will quickly become obsolete...

sweaty balls
  • sweaty balls

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (ryan_J @ Apr 19 2011, 00:26)
QUOTE (sweaty balls @ Apr 19 2011, 00:14)
microsoft is already ahead of sony, because they said a while back digital media is the future not disks and i now i realized that seeing how many games i downloaded to my hard drive, they can change the game up and have people download GTA V but will recieve the sound track as the disc think about

Sony also have many games to download so i dont think they are ahead of sony and im not a fanboy i love 360 and PS3. By the way i think sony and microsoft could both fail with downloadable games, as many gamers would prefer to buy there products from stores the old fashion way not to mention the huge businuss of pre-owned games that are not currently availabe on PSN or XBL also real stores can bring a lot more money to local and off shore economies.

Sorry if i sound like some financial adviser or something lol.

no im saying you would still go to the game store to pick up the game. The box would include instructions map obviously etc.. and a code to download the game and the game disk will be replaced by the soundtrack. Microsoft already hinted at a future like that and it would eliminate any space needed for a disk and I actually like it better all my games are installed and they run faster

As far as used games all companies are converting over to the pay to play online for used games EA started now all the companys are doing it. I dont blame them you gotta make money somehow even on used games

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Apr 19 2011, 07:04)
Rockstar isn't going to spend a lot of effort, time and budget developing a major GTA game, and then release it on one console only, let alone as a launch title, when number of the possessors of the console it still in the very early stages, a very low number. Would Nintendo take a new direction in its upcoming console, a more hardcore direction? if so, would this bring the hardcore gamers of Sony and Microsoft to their console? I don't think so. I believe that they would preserve their old school direction, with a more open mind, which means that they would try to bring a bigger slice of hardcore gamers in order to make a more balanced console.

Rockstar will develop for their next console, but nothing major like GTA V neither an exclusive game. They might do a spin off GTA game from within IV era or V era, or they might do a new IP or a sequel to an existing franchise, and they would also release it on Nintendo's console.

http://gameolosophy....ct-cafe-rumors/

Heres a good read above.

Also, so what you are saying is that if Nintendo says hey R* here's a dev kit which we know they have right now for an upcoming game, and oh yea btw here is 50 million upfront, oh wait where did i hear this before, a company giving money to R* for exclusive material for a timed release, oh yea thats right microsoft did with the DLC, so your saying that nintendo wouldnt have R* make GTA5, with 50 or more million up front, for a six month exclusive time period, me, you, my nephew, grandmother, grandfather, and the tooth fairy, and all of gta universe would run out and buy a day one nintendo next machine, for the release of GTA5, rather than wait six months for the release on xbox and ps3. R* is smart and will make a zillion on the next GTA.

So nintendo gives the money up front like dlc, times exclusive, sells GTA5 with the release of nintendo next, makes about 10 million copies on day one, and shatters the box office, then six months later sells it for xbox and ps3 and makes another zillion in sales for those machines, MMM makes sense to me.

sweaty balls
  • sweaty balls

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

nintendo releasing a new hardcore system right now is stupid in my opinion they should wait until next generation, im not shelling out anything on a new console its a freaking investment in itself. but releasing in a few years might be smarter

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

I could see R* porting GTA V to include the Nintendo console as part of a multi-platform release, but no way a launch title - I'm not stating this as fact but hasn't the 3DS not done as well as expected because people are waiting for more games? The 'Wii 2' could be double, triple, the price of the 3DS so for R* it would be too risky. Even a 'Grand Theft Auto Wii' special one-off could work, but not GTA V.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (MissCloud @ Apr 19 2011, 20:56)
I could see R* porting GTA V to include the Nintendo console as part of a multi-platform release, but no way a launch title - I'm not stating this as fact but hasn't the 3DS not done as well as expected because people are waiting for more games? The 'Wii 2' could be double, triple, the price of the 3DS so for R* it would be too risky. Even a 'Grand Theft Auto Wii' special one-off could work, but not GTA V.

This basically sums up all of my thoughts on the subject, your head is in the right place miss cloud icon14.gif .

Hurrikane
  • Hurrikane

Chop

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:35 PM Edited by Hurrikane, 19 April 2011 - 09:39 PM.

http://3ds.nintendol...cords_worldwide

Doesnt seem slumping at all.

Money talks, no matter what the game is. Nobody ever thougt that we would see a tattoo of GTAIV on Moore's arm.

Might be double the price of the 3DS which would be 500 dollars, but no game console will cost $750 as you stated three times as much imo. I could see a $499, and $599 price point for two different versions.

NotoriousKiller
  • NotoriousKiller

BITCH STEP INTO MY WORLD

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

They still better have a PC version or else I am going to hate Rockstar very much.

Rent>A<Line99
  • Rent>A<Line99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Apr 19 2011, 21:35)

Money talks, no matter what the game is. Nobody ever thougt that we would see a tattoo of GTAIV on Moore's arm.

Might be double the price of the 3DS which would be 500 dollars, but no game console will cost $750 as you stated three times as much imo. I could see a $499, and $599 price point for two different versions.

I kind of disagree with you guys, here. I believe Nintendo is using 5 year old tech and will be selling it at a reasonable price. (like $350 or something)

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:14 PM Edited by Ispintechno, 19 April 2011 - 11:21 PM.

Bah, Nintendo is the new Sega. No thanks.

I think it's entirely possible and smart for Nintendo and Microsoft to adopt Bluray. Remember Bluray IS the new format for movies.
Video games aside I know people who bought the PS3 as a movie player 1st, video game console 2nd. They hardly play any games on it.

Also you can't make me believe a Samsung or LG Bluray movie player has to funnel all the profits to Sony because it uses Bluray technology. That is totally bought under license. If Sony wasn't flexible with it for other companies it would have became the new Beta Max, not the smashing success it is. Sony learned their lesson in the 80's.

Also creating a console that relies exclusively on DLC would be suicide. Visit the mall and see how many people still buy CDs, DVDs, Blurays, video games and do not even have their game console at home connected to the internet. Join or suffer. Bluray it is.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Hurrikane @ Apr 19 2011, 22:35)

True, money does talk. But at that Take Two conference in March didn't they say GTA IV had sold 20 million units? Can they afford to risk all of those on a new console that costs $500-$600?

And yeah, I didn't mean 3DS isn't doing well, it obviously is. I personally know some people who skipped buying it for now because there's hardly any game choice, even though you can play old DS games on it.

Of course, I would buy the new console no doubt if a GTA exclusive was announced for it, so I would eat my words on that one. I'm just talking from the whole audience point of view.

And after all this, perhaps it's only for Bully?

DCTF
  • DCTF

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (NotoriousKiller @ Apr 19 2011, 22:32)
They still better have a PC version or else I am going to hate Rockstar very much.

The rise and rise of the Mac as a games machine gives me hope. If Macs continue to get releases, I hope that means the PC will be safe. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see GTAV on Mac.

Jyak
  • Jyak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (NotoriousKiller @ Apr 19 2011, 22:32)

If they don't, I simply wont buy the game.
I'd only spend my money on the PC version, cause I like how the mods enhance the game.

mikkenugent
  • mikkenugent

Wolf God

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:56 AM

Totally doubt this, GTA Next (the core game itself) bein an exclusive on any console is complete bs, M$ paid what $20 mill for each GTA DLC and it didnt exactly do what they thought it would for them so i highly doubt a full exclusivity for the core game would be done. Not because it wouldnt do well but because at the end of the day R*'s profits would dip pretty hard from not gettin that PS3 M$ money. DLC exclusive I could see but honestly a Nintendo, PS3 or XBox eclusive GTA Next is just plain ridiculous. IMHO

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:33 AM Edited by diablo440, 20 April 2011 - 07:35 AM.

You gotta be a complete moron to believe even for a second GTA is going to flex AI and graphics muscle on cellphone grade CPU and GPU. Nintendo will be using ARM based solutions even in the future. The fastest one currently consists of 4 weak cores, 4 very small single caches, and a integrated GPU that barely handles HD video playback.

They won't be putting a main title on it anytime soon, maybe older titles.

haggard
  • haggard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

if Rockstar has a developer kit for the Wii 2 it will more than likely be for another Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis game than GTA V

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (haggard @ Apr 20 2011, 13:15)
if Rockstar has a developer kit for the Wii 2 it will more than likely be for another Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis game than GTA V

or II/VC/SA like they did for Mac. Maybe a PSP type title but slightly better.

I remember when idiots were saying there would be a Wii port too even though the hardware wasn't even remotely capable of handling the game.

Xtreme921
  • Xtreme921

Not Today Zerg!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

So two more years till new GTA? Giggity.

waitaminute. thought it was 2010, that means next year is 2012 and according to OP that's when Nintendo's new console comes out, and apparently GTA next? ... Giggity Giggity. We'll have to wait and see on this one.

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (diablo440 @ Apr 20 2011, 07:33)
You gotta be a complete moron to believe even for a second GTA is going to flex AI and graphics muscle on cellphone grade CPU and GPU. Nintendo will be using ARM based solutions even in the future. The fastest one currently consists of 4 weak cores, 4 very small single caches, and a integrated GPU that barely handles HD video playback.

They won't be putting a main title on it anytime soon, maybe older titles.

Dude, I really hope you are a troll, because if not you are a complete moron. Read what I said earlier. Nintendo hasn't been ARM based on homeconsoles EVER.

NES was MOS Technology 6502
SNES was a Nintendo-custom 5A22 (65c816 core)
N64 was NEC VR4300
Gamecube was IBM PowerPC 750CXe-based core
Wii is IBM PowerPC-based core (Though the videocard does contain an ARM926 sub-processor for I/O functions only.)

Hell, even on handhelds...

Gameboy was Sharp LR35902
GBC was Zilog Z80

Now if you are talking about the latest gens oh handhelds, yes, they are ARM, but this topic isn't about handhelds...

GBA was the first ARM platform with a ARM7-TDMI
DS also had ARM with ARM946E-S and ARM7-TDMI
3DS is the latest ARM platform with a dual core ARM11

So yeah, I don't know what you are on, but you done screwed up.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:04 PM Edited by valensim, 25 April 2011 - 06:08 PM.

It's possible, that the next GTA will be for Wii, but it will not be a Timed Exclusive title ....... when GTA V is released, it will be released for XBox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii ..... 6-8 months later PC. I can only see a Timed DLC Exclusive for 6 months, like they did with XBox 360 ....... the original V game will never be Exclusive to 1 system, only DLCs.

Edit: Wii 2 will be more powerful than XBox 360, so yes, it is possible and it will be released next year, the year the next GTA will be released.

Wii 2 confirmed for 2012

Moderator X
  • Moderator X

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

if rockstar has dev kits already and its playable at E3 its most likely being ported over and launched on all 3 systems. it will look better on the new nintendo system as well if they say its better then the systems out right now

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

The 360 and PS3 are sh*t compared to PC these days, and so will the Wii2, even if it will be more powerful than them, PC's will always be ahead. However, no one is ready for the next generation of console besides Nintendo fans, A good PC these days is 10 Wii's taped together, a good pc is a million DS's taped together. The only reason Nintendo's console sell is because of amazing exclusives like Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, Zelda, and many more, Nintendo wants to change that, look at 3DS launch titles, Nintendo's using their lesser franchises rather than their more popular ones, and as a result, Super Street Fighter 4, Rayman 2, Lego Star Wars 3, and Super Monkey ball were in the top 5 best selling 3DS games(Pilot Wings being the only 1st party game in the top 5.) GTA5 WILL be a Nintendo Wii2 exclusive, for a few months. Nintendo's only trying to get the hardcore audience and developers back with the Wii2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users