[TimeCycIV] Tutorial

218 replies to this topic
PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Sunday, Dec 16 2012, 09:46)
for roads reflection you need to lower Mid grey value (visual effects)

Thanks for that. I've done alot of TC "messing" and never noticed that. Will give it a try.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Thursday, Dec 20 2012, 19:38)

Thanks for that. I've done alot of TC "messing" and never noticed that. Will give it a try.

Definitely NO, the roads and buildings reflections is from Additional Sky Options from Visual effects section and from Sun (r,g,b and reflections) from Other sections, if these numbers are too high (Additional Sky Options and Sun r,g,b and reflections) then the reflection will be more.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:40 PM Edited by jpm1, 22 December 2012 - 02:43 PM.

QUOTE (T-ru @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 15:20)

Definitely NO, the roads and buildings reflections is from Additional Sky Options from Visual effects section and from Sun (r,g,b and reflections) from Other sections, if these numbers are too high (Additional Sky Options and Sun r,g,b and reflections) then the reflection will be more.

this is not exactly that T . this is not reflection properly said but more the "dazzle intensity" . i tried several times and by playing between mid grey value and exposure you can create violent dazzle or smoother dazzle . you know like if you are in a very sunny place and you look to an area where there's lot of sun then the eyes need time to come back to normal . by doing this you can get rid of constant reflections and make them fade away (more or less fast)

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 07:40)
QUOTE (T-ru @ Saturday, Dec 22 2012, 15:20)

this is not exactly that T . this is not reflection properly said but more the "dazzle intensity" . i tried several times and by playing between mid grey value and exposure you can create violent dazzle or smoother dazzle . you know like if you are in a very sunny place and you look to an area where there's lot of sun then the eyes need time to come back to normal . by doing this you can get rid of constant reflections and make them fade away (more or less fast)

Very interesting. There are 100 ways to accomplish a particular goal between the FX, the INI and the TC. I found that you cannot use too much exposure even with low sky values because you'll rarely be able to compensate throughout the set. It would seem that median values across the set work the best while bringing settings just a little out of spec brings unique look.

I tried for a month or so to retain the look of my set, while trying to get icenhancer 1.25 cloud formation and skies but just wouldn't work. Any more experience on cloud making / tweaking? Information about say, 1.25's skydome, clouds.fx, ini cloud settings, texture and how they tie in together?

These were amazing but don't seem possible in a "bright" set...

user posted image

user posted image

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Sunday, Dec 23 2012, 07:14)
Any more experience on cloud making / tweaking? Information about say, 1.25's skydome, clouds.fx, ini cloud settings, texture and how they tie in together?

These were amazing but don't seem possible in a "bright" set...

user posted image

I guess you can make this cloud on the pic brighter, by increasing "R,G,B Saturate Bottom Clouds" from Other section and also to set the color tint, but Dark top and bottom clouds must be zero because they are always dark icon14.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

How you guys make red skies at sunset?

Also, I found a nice tip for some folks, depending on your set and color choices, choosing the same ambient 0 / 1 multipliers produces a much more balanced, better looking / reflecting effect.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:10 AM Edited by jpm1, 08 January 2013 - 04:12 AM.

for the sky colors there are 3 settings :

sky : main sky color . you can create more bright sky by increasing the multiplier or more dark dusks by lowering it
sun color R/G/B in other parameters : this sets the sky color around the sun . it can be used to create more or less intense dusk for example
additional sky options : this allows you to adjust the sky colors except the area around the sun . i use this to fade sky color with color around the sun (sun color R/G/B)

to get redddish skies just increase the red value in sun color R/G/B or additional sky options depending on where you want that red color .
depending on the colors you choose the sun may "disappear" and it may appear a kind of huge and intense light . this happens cause the sun corona limits are not set by only one contrast value but by the contrast between sun color R/G/B and other parameters like additional sky colors , mid grey value for example

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

@Packet
if you got any problems just pm me wink.gif
I'd held you out if you want.

Some Pics of my new V3 if you're interested in my skills with the clouds...
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (taskforce @ Friday, Jan 11 2013, 14:23)
@Packet
if you got any problems just pm me wink.gif
I'd held you out if you want.

Some Pics of my new V3 if you're interested in my skills with the clouds...
user posted image

Sure man I'll take you up on that. My clouds are just...not so good. I'll package up my full set and maybe we can do some stuff together. My .FX is distilled to pretty much only color / effects tweaks with no DOF, no MB from MasterKontrol (NFS-HR). It's the original file that he sent over, that I personally found to work the best. I'm running DKT70's skydome and a hybrid of ENB/DKT clouds texture.

Completely up to you what to do with the clouds of course. smile.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Is it conceivable that one could:

Take cloud texture.
Take Skydome.wtd
Open/Unlock Timecyc and retrieve cloud settings (not sun, sky settings) -> Transfer to diff timecyc
Take Cloud-specific information from enbseries.ini -> transfer to new set
Produce very similiar results.

???

There are some sets, like DKT70's, which clouds I have seen that are ASTONISHING, and I do lighting throughout the set influences, but on the whole, possible to transfer clouds from one set to another?

I mean check this out from DKT's unreleased works:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

mercie_blink.gif

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Easy to reproduce, just get his skydome & texture... It's not unreleased btw but okay...

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (icelaglace @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 17:51)
Easy to reproduce, just get his skydome & texture... It's not unreleased btw but okay...

I never saw these visuals in any package available for download. And the information I have from the person posting them is that this is a recovered set after his last release.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 21:57)

user posted image

very nice sun is it default timecyc or "enb trick" (i have absolutly no idea what enb is x))

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think it's from the latest ENB that DKT used but never released.

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hi People!!

anyone know how to increase the size of the car sprites during daylight?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (raggazam @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 13:32)
Hi People!!

"Other parametres" - 55 Lights sprite size

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:30)
QUOTE (raggazam @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 13:32)
Hi People!!

"Other parametres" - 55 Lights sprite size

Thanks mate smile.gif
I will try it now.

baw
  • baw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 20:57)
Is it conceivable that one could:

Take cloud texture.
Take Skydome.wtd
Open/Unlock Timecyc and retrieve cloud settings (not sun, sky settings) -> Transfer to diff timecyc
Take Cloud-specific information from enbseries.ini -> transfer to new set
Produce very similiar results.

???

There are some sets, like DKT70's, which clouds I have seen that are ASTONISHING, and I do lighting throughout the set influences, but on the whole, possible to transfer clouds from one set to another?

I mean check this out from DKT's unreleased works:

user posted image

mercie_blink.gif

yes that is awesome ...
how can we get that enb!!!!!! suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (taskforce @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 13:53)
I think it's from the latest ENB that DKT used but never released.

To my knowledge, yes that is correct. Stevie_B_1990 was rocking out these sets and the story goes he has access to "...Recovered ENB settings on X_person's computer because X_Person is a friend of DKT70..."

I recently fired up a new install of GTA IV with DKT70's RealityIV ENB Beta from 20xx and while it has elements of screens like those, it is vastly inferior.

Sad part is that in his released version Adaptation is not working. Without adaptation, man, GTA IV is sooo boring. I realized that when I switched sets with X amounts of other ENBs to evaluate.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

So I've had many successes and failures in the last few weeks. Integrating clouds turned out to be the most mysterious. Forgive me as well, but I unlocked a L3EVO timecyc, put in the texture, skydome and INI settings and it turned out ok. BUT, the texture was PNG. Using a BMP file everything got screwed up.

So can we get any input on the differences between using a PNG and a BMP file? I know PNG can contain the RGB channels as does the BMP. Does anyone have a link to more thorough information on how the clouds / textures work? The first part of the thread has great cloud information. It would be very nice to know even snippets of details of the "other" effects clouds have on the game world.

Take for instance if your clouds are DeAlpha'd, that effect creates an overall "brighter effect." - I would write down my observations but it seems that many disagree with the way I describe different things because of my lack of game engine knowledge. Surely, someone must have written something down, somewhere?

turn.gif lol.gif icon14.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Gosh that DKT's ENB looks sweet... I want it but nowhere to get suicidal.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Can anybody briefly explain the theory behind editing clouds throughout the day?

If you start at a certain offset, do you have to steadily increase throughout the day?
Can any explain how the engine changes or moves clouds?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 17:45)
Can anybody briefly explain the theory behind editing clouds throughout the day?

If you start at a certain offset, do you have to steadily increase throughout the day?
Can any explain how the engine changes or moves clouds?

There are three types of clouds that can be edited from timecyc: dark, fluffy and sharpness clouds.

They can't be explained briefly.

Everything is in "Other Section" :

Red, Green, Blue Saturate Top Clouds - The colours and brightness of some fluffy clouds.
Red, Green, Blue Saturate Bottom Clouds - The colours and brightness of the dark clouds also the reflection of them.

Dark top and bottom clouds - The presence of the dark top and bottom clouds.

Cloud Brightness (14) - The brightness of them.

Dedensity clouds 2 - Dedensity of the fluffy clouds (if you increase the number they are less and reverse).

Dedensity clouds and Cloud varible - One of these is about sharpness and the other make the clouds more low, put them on the horizont.

Brightness top sky - The brightness of the fluffy clouds and the reflection of them and the brightness of the top sky.

Cloud cover adjust? - I don't remember clearly about this, if you lower it some clouds disappear or make all fluffy clouds like one on the whole sky.

Top Cloud R,G,B, - The colours of some fluffy clouds.

This's briefly.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:55 AM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 18 June 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Thanks for the info T-ru. Still no luck though. It's like my clouds, maybe because I'm using a texture I don't understand, or a timecycle + enb set that is too high coloring/intensities to accurately reflect the changes I'm making...leading me to not understand why it's going to extremes or not working in an intuitive way.

On the timecyc editing note, stupid me.:
I was using Ambient 0 as what I thought was left or right of the street, it's more the "bottom half of buildings."

Ambient 1 is more "top diagonal half of buildings and environment." This allows one to use adaptation and direct lighting but still have shadows lighter (once you enter into the shadow) if you use the right intensity and multiplier of the color. Ambient 0 should always be darker than Ambient 1, and at night "Can" be used darker than Ambient 0.

Direct Light is the light color and saturation and light coming from above.

Sky color and saturation of color (top color) makes sky brighter / darker and Bottom color changes the "street level" color and lighting. Darker makes more contrast and less fogging-type lighting and effects...lighter colors produce more ambience and fog-type lighting. A less saturated lighter color produces a nice lighting underneath overpasses and in dark areas not affected by direct lighting.

Exposure in timecycle so the picture can be lightened and darkened as needed.

Sunrise: Higher exposure allows you to see the bulk of a defined corona in the sun, thereby allowing you to create a really nice "Rising Sun" when combined with the right intensity direct light (to mimic sunlight coming from the sun - which isn't actually light coming from the sun but the light used to fool the viewer into thinking there is light - this light also creates the shadows under cars and other structures). Lower saturations + higher multipliers create nice realistic lighting.

Interestingly enough, I found that less-saturated greens can actually make the environment look more realistic at certain times (early morning 4-6 AM + evenings).

I am opting out of most distance fog and particle HDR because it's just too hard to control in a meaningful way. Of course, I'll probably go back on that statement once I started editing again. It is quite a nice effect when used very sibtly.

Sky Top and Bottom colors + higher multiplers at night combined with higher exposure create brilliant reflections on cars.

Higher Gamma Far at night creates a really nice light effect from city buildings in the distance.

I'm using less saturation in the enbeffect.fx and using more saturation in the colors in the timecyc as the balance mechanism.

Wish I knew how to make the orange/yellowish sky around the corona of the sun...and the clouds...don't grasp that yet.

user posted image user posted image
user posted image user posted image

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

orange corona around sun is very easy in timecyciv you have 3 values sun color R/G/B . to get that light orange around sun keep red above other values . it depends on the color of the sky (additional sky options) too . depending on what color these values are the sun may simply disappear in a kind of nuclear explosion

user posted image

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for that info JPM. Just last night i found out why I had so many problems with timecycle editing. In the set/files I am using my sun desaturation was 1 or higher. All the changes to the sun color were unnoticeable, practically. I've sinced removed that and have granular control over the look and feel.

This is the type of critical information that more people need. I'll be putting together a PDF + JPG's for timecycle editing because nobody has done it or is doing it extensively. Quite a shame actually. So get your corrective gear ready, I am hoping it will become a lightning rod for corrective comments and technique comments.

colgate.gif
cookie.gif suicidal.gif icon14.gif lol.gif
-Packet

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Good sound paquets smile.gif

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

I'm trying to make my own TimeCyc that uses IV's default colors and weather settings but remove that "Gray Filter", so I'm trying to remove the color correction - and I assume I have to increase Desaturation as well. But when I set Color Correction's colors to 0 0 0, or even 1 1 1 like DKT70, there is absolutely no visibility when I walk outside. Is there some other setting I'm missing that will fix this?

Also, I see a lot of mods that use custom TimeCyc files also include custom Timecycmodifiers files. These are for interiors, and every one has it's own setting. How do modders go about making their own Timecycmodifiers? Isn't that a load of work?

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 22:19)
I'm trying to make my own TimeCyc that uses IV's default colors and weather settings but remove that "Gray Filter", so I'm trying to remove the color correction - and I assume I have to increase Desaturation as well. But when I set Color Correction's colors to 0 0 0, or even 1 1 1 like DKT70, there is absolutely no visibility when I walk outside. Is there some other setting I'm missing that will fix this?

Also, I see a lot of mods that use custom TimeCyc files also include custom Timecycmodifiers files. These are for interiors, and every one has it's own setting. How do modders go about making their own Timec, ycmodifiers? Isn't that a load of work?

I think what you're looking for is the distance fog. In much editing I have found that in "some" cases, such as cloudy, drizzle, no fog is cool but for sunny weather you really need to have it in there. Usually it's linked in direct relation to the view distance, so if you have 2500 view distance, perhaps starting fog at 2250 or 1850 (for a heavier effect) may help.

I have never edited IV with only timecyc. But I admit, it sounds kind cool. I would guess that the color correction as used in default IV timecyc is used for a type of "Foreground brighteness." So, a median value, such as mid-gray, or desaturation blue, Luminance ~125, might be what you're after. Don't forget that colors are relevant, so if it is sunny, perhaps a desaturated cream-yellow might in order?

A few tips, not sure how relevant because I use ENB for everything, but...:

Ambient 0 = Using darker colors, Bottoms of buildings / ground is darker. Use darker colors but less saturation i.e.: Greyish blue because this is the color that shadows are on a sunny day - greyish blue. Or, use a slightly brighter color with less multiplier.

Ambient 1 = Tops of buildings, seems to be picked up in bloomy areas as well. Use a blue in sunny days. Less saturated, less multiplier ~2-4. Should be brighter than Ambient 0, but roughly the same color/hue/saturation.

Direct Light = The direct light on cars, street etc. Multiplier makes shadows darker / more pronounced. Typically a salmon, cream-yellow or desaturated orange is what you're looking for. Bluish colors make cars look the environment look cold. As with all settings in timecyc, it's a balance between multipliers, color saturation and color's luminence. Find the combination that works for you.

Cloud Low Color = Color/intensity of clouds. I think it's supposed to be medium grey or black.
Cloud Bottom Color = Color/intensity of clouds. I think it's supposed to be medium grey or black.

Sky Top Color = Dictates the color of the sky and it's brighteness, saturation. Darker, saturated colors give more saturation, darker skies. Baby blues are realistic, while darker mediteranian or medium blues are stylistic.
Sky Top Color = This is a doozy. This color creates a color which is reflected on cars and ground, and the general color on many things on the ground. Lighter colors breathe air into the game as they create a type of "smokey" or "foreground brightness." Less saturated is the key phrase here. Higher multiplier gives better reflections on cars, but also increases brightness and overall coloring of your screen.

Water Color = ALWAYS needs to be close to black to make realistic water. Pick your color, then bring the color slider down to near black. Watch the reflection value (MAX 1.5) in drizzle, rainy, lightning or other weathers where reflection values are high. Sometimes reflection values over 1 (and sometimes below 1 wherre reflections are high + color saturation is dark/saturated) the water will go neon-yellow or neon-pink. Transparency is cool, 145 - 200 is cool. But lower can be wicked too. Have to play with it. Clear water on the beaches with a touch of blue is awesome. In IV:SA I can see potential for some truly wicked "tropical" uses.

Sun Area = Never had to play with this area. I would assume that the areas described are the controls they state. If it works in timecyc only modification, then should be straight forward.

You have to balance sun with direct color, with Sky bottom color, with brightness of the sky, with gamma, with contrast. I found high contrast numbers in the Visual Effects tab (using ENB) make hyper realistic settings when coupled with the right intensities throughout the Ambient0,1,Sky and Exposure settings.

You will need the GTAIV.exe at version 1030 + TimecycIV or EditIV's other "alice" files to edit the timecyc in real time (using F1 to reload the timecyc). There should be 5 files total + the GTAIV.exe (1030) to do that.

Check my sig for a little more information about timecyc's + unlocking them.

Maybe that helps a bit. cool.gif
-Packet

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by cp1dell, 27 June 2013 - 06:12 PM.

Thanks. But what about the Timecyclemodifiers files? I see mod packs like VisualIV, or RealityIV include custom ones. Is there something they're using to edit it? There are settings for every interior and area, which is a lot.

Also, didn't Blaster_nl link a version of the Time Cycle Reloader for 1.0.7.0? I tried it out, but the link was dead.

EDIT: Yeah, this is it right here. But the link is dead. Does someone else happen to have it?

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 20:20)
QUOTE (EliteGhost @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 10:18)
Does anyone here know how use EditIv with the 1070 patch? I download the latest timecycle Reloader. But if I use the 1030 exe GTAIV crashes sad.gif . So I am wondering if there is another file I need from the 1030 patch besides the exe?

It's your lucky day, this works for 1070, same usage as 1030.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users