Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

havent affected the size...only the colors xD

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

ok seems the posts are picture limited so i think i'll do a kinda offline tutorial for the noobs (like me) lol

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:27 AM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 05 June 2012 - 08:34 PM.

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 13:10)
ok seems the posts are picture limited so i think i'll do a kinda offline tutorial for the noobs (like me) lol

jpm1, do you follow a routine when editing somewhat like this routine I outlined before? Or is it a different process? I ask because it seems as though everytime I get a 'grip' on knowing exactly what I'm changing, things go off into crazyville again i.e.: bloom stops working, weird graphical changes to color etc.

Edit: Operating system + drive was dead. Everything back up and running - original installation + editing works just fine. yay for compounded and convoluted problems that kick you in the 'az just when you're getting into the good stuff and big projects. devil.gif

cool.gif

EliteGhost
  • EliteGhost

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Does anyone here know how use EditIv with the 1070 patch? I download the latest timecycle Reloader. But if I use the 1030 exe GTAIV crashes sad.gif . So I am wondering if there is another file I need from the 1030 patch besides the exe?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (EliteGhost @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 10:18)
Does anyone here know how use EditIv with the 1070 patch? I download the latest timecycle Reloader. But if I use the 1030 exe GTAIV crashes sad.gif . So I am wondering if there is another file I need from the 1030 patch besides the exe?

It's your lucky day, this works for 1070, same usage as 1030.

EliteGhost
  • EliteGhost

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 20:20)

Yeah that's the same version I have it doesn't work, since gtaiv just crashes if you use the 1030 exe with the 1070 patch. If I use the normal 1070 exe nothing happens if I press F1.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (EliteGhost @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 23:39)

Yeah that's the same version I have it doesn't work, since gtaiv just crashes if you use the 1030 exe with the 1070 patch. If I use the normal 1070 exe nothing happens if I press F1.

F5, not F1

EliteGhost
  • EliteGhost

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 22:41)
QUOTE (EliteGhost @ Saturday, Jun 2 2012, 23:39)

F5, not F1

Lol figures it was something that easy. So you dont need the 1030 exe to run EditIV? If so that great because I really like the look of the 1070 shadows.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:04 AM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 08 June 2012 - 06:18 AM.

Anyone have a quick MS paint or other visual representation of how the skydome bends the cloud textures? Or is literally like what it says: a dome?

A VERY quick demonstration of a simple grid texture I used for clouds. I was 'going to' to check myself...

Obviously, depending on the timecyc the clouds will look very different but for example, in this timecyc, a simple grid:

user posted image

Looks like this in the engine:

user posted image

user posted image

I am guessing the enbclouds.fx / icenuages.fx makes clouds out of just about anything lol.gif

==============================

And when working in "lines" in varying intensities of white to black, you can make jet streams in the clouds. Pretty cool. Very GTAV. Depending on the timecyc and which channel is used in your timecyc (RG or B) the stripes come out like this ingame:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:48 AM Edited by T-ru, 30 June 2012 - 11:17 AM.

nvm

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wow, deader than a Herpes infected hooker's love life in here. confused.gif

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Tuesday, Jul 10 2012, 19:33)
Wow, deader than a Herpes infected hooker's love life in here. confused.gif

Hi, PacketOVerload_x64Bit I know that you understand a lot of sky options, can you tell me how to control (increase or remove) sun halo? Thanks in advance.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Friday, Jul 13 2012, 23:49)
QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Tuesday, Jul 10 2012, 19:33)
Wow, deader than a Herpes infected hooker's love life in here.  confused.gif

Hi, PacketOVerload_x64Bit I know that you understand a lot of sky options, can you tell me how to control (increase or remove) sun halo? Thanks in advance.

Sun halo. whatsthat.gif
Kind of a tough because I don't know exactly what I am doing. If you're talking about the halo around the sun itself, like in this screen , then it's all about the bloom file + the ini. Changing things like:

[INI]
SunIntensity=1
SunMaxBrightness=100
BrightnessUpperLimitMultiplier=5
SunCoronaCurve=1
SunCoronaIntensity=1

and

[BLOOM.FX]

float BloomRadius3 = 64;
float BloomRadius4 = 64;
float MixFactor = 0.9;

float bthreshold = 20;

It depends on what you're going for. I am happy with "abusing" already coded values to come up with something unique (like my dual-oscillating flare alteration of iCEnHancer's bloom). Play with those values, any value you see in the .fx can be tweaked. You just have to be prepared to sit and watch and correct. As for actual halo (small rings of color around some coronas, I have no idea how to change.

============================

Quick weirdo question! I just changed SpecularPeds to nothing and my GLOBAL SPECULAR went to 0 as well! So, by logical dissemination, SpecularPeds IS Global Specular? Anyone get similiar results?

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for the answer. Yes I meant the halo around the sun. I already guess this parametres they are in "other parametres" - sun color r, sun color g and sun color b, when is ex. sunny, sunny or sunny windy with reduced or removed couds it's nice those RGB colors to be equal each other, something like R-800, G-800, B-800 and if we want more yellow halo we must increase with 1 or 2 the green color smile.gif (R-800, G-802, B-800).
I don't use use ENB or ICEhancer because of performance viewpint, but IT'S WILL BE GREAT, GOODNESS IF SOMEONE MAKE ALL ENB EFFECTS SEPARATELY, I mean enb bloom separately, enb reflection separately, AA separately ... etc.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 02:12)
Thanks for the answer. Yes I meant the halo around the sun. I already guess this parametres they are in "other parametres" - sun color r, sun color g and sun color b, when is ex. sunny, sunny or sunny windy with reduced or removed couds it's nice those RGB colors to be equal each other, something like R-800, G-800, B-800 and if we want more yellow halo we must increase with 1 or 2 the green color smile.gif (R-800, G-802, B-800).
I don't use use ENB or ICEhancer because of performance viewpint, but IT'S WILL BE GREAT, GOODNESS IF SOMEONE MAKE ALL ENB EFFECTS SEPARATELY, I mean enb bloom separately, enb reflection separately, AA separately ... etc.

Good info T.

There's so many different "sun" effects. Indeed, another of them! colgate.gif Some blooms (like iCEnHancer effect immensely, which can lead to weird colors when you combined a 1.0/0.9/0.42 with the bloom color.

OMG and don't even get me started on Ambient Occlusion Scalers! I personally find that setting really "screwed in the head." Because it changes so weirdly in the engine! And, I don't know how it happened, but I had a INI for TimecycIV / OpenIV that stated: "SPECULAR PEDS" which actually controls GLOBAL SPECULAR!

So incase you're wondering...try that.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:05 PM Edited by T-ru, 30 July 2012 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 19:39)
Good info T.

There's so many different "sun" effects. Indeed, another of them!  colgate.gif Some blooms (like iCEnHancer effect immensely, which can lead to weird colors when you combined a 1.0/0.9/0.42 with the bloom color.

OMG and don't even get me started on Ambient Occlusion Scalers! I personally find that setting really "screwed in the head." Because it changes so weirdly in the engine! And, I don't know how it happened, but I had a INI for TimecycIV / OpenIV that stated: "SPECULAR PEDS" which actually controls GLOBAL SPECULAR!

So incase you're wondering...try that.

Great i always wanted to control the glossy effect without the water, the cars, the metal and the windows. I hope that i understood you right - "SPECULAR PEDS which actually controls GLOBAL SPECULAR".
Before i tried many values of "Ambient Occlusion Scalers" and I noticed that it's only change the color of the horizont, but don't remeber in which direction, however all prametres and colors in "timecyc. dat" influence each other, if you change something then must change and other things, maybe we need some better tool than "EditIV" (btw this's the great tool smile.gif ).

Wish you good luck PacketOVerload_x64Bit icon14.gif
If I find something new i'll will share it.

ED: Do you know what is the function of the Temp weather, i think that this's a intermediate time between sunny and rainning; foggy and sunny ... etc. but im not sure?.

legacyy
  • legacyy

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

The "Temp" Weather is called like this because it is never used by the game. It's the one that is "Extra Sunny 2" in the Trainer.

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (legacyy @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 16:40)
The "Temp" Weather is called like this because it is never used by the game. It's the one that is "Extra Sunny 2" in the Trainer.

Thanks smile.gif

I made SPECULAR PEDS - 0.000 at night time and sunrise and there is no change, nothing, there is still glossy rads, grass, walls ..., exept or mybe i imagine that the clouds are moving too fast, you can watch them how they're change.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (T-ru @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 14:05)
ED: Do you know what is the function of the Temp weather, i think that this's a intermediate time between sunny and rainning; foggy and sunny ... etc. but im not sure?.

I don't know what else it does, but I do know for sure that it affects things like the amount of steam coming from sewer drains etc. Might affect smoke effects? I also have a sneaky suspicion (not sure on this one) it might affect car handling, colder makes it harder to stay on road. smile.gif

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (PacketOVerload_x64Bit @ Friday, Aug 3 2012, 01:51)
QUOTE (T-ru @ Monday, Jul 30 2012, 14:05)

I don't know what else it does, but I do know for sure that it affects things like the amount of steam coming from sewer drains etc. Might affect smoke effects? I also have a sneaky suspicion (not sure on this one) it might affect car handling, colder makes it harder to stay on road. smile.gif

Temperature does affect this. Not the temp weather. smile.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (legacyy @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 17:40)

i think what T-Ru wanted to say it's why is that thing there .

@ Pol64b : i had the problem you're mentionning frequently , when you are takling of when you think you reached the line , everything messes up . it happens when you search too accurate results . timecyc is very complicated with numerous parameters , and as always in these cases when you want a good result you should use intuition only . i tried to get a very accurate Florida weather , and everything turned quickly into a huge mess . then i tried using intuition only and i got results beyond my expectations . what is intuition in that precise case , just imagine the sky you want and put the same color in the boxes , as simple as that .
but there's one thing i would like to know myself it's how to completely remove the fog particles on foggy days . as as far as i can remenber there's rarely fog in Miami . sorry for the late answer but these things happens confused.gif

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 10:24)

@ Pol64b : i had the problem you're mentionning frequently , when you are takling of when you think you reached the line , everything messes up . it happens when you search too accurate results . timecyc is very complicated with numerous parameters , and as always in these cases when you want a good result you should use intuition only . i tried to get a very accurate Florida weather , and everything turned quickly into a huge mess . then i tried using intuition only and i got results beyond my expectations . what is intuition in that precise case , just imagine the sky you want and put the same color in the boxes , as simple as that .
but there's one thing i would like to know myself it's how to completely remove the fog particles on foggy days . as as far as i can remenber there's rarely fog in Miami . sorry for the late answer but these things happens  confused.gif

Thanks for the reply jpm1 colgate.gif Sometimes I thought I was going crazy. And of course, EditIV / TimecycIV must corrupt the timecyc "once in a while." This "intuition" was the direction I used for current tweaking. :thumbs up:

Fog: I found working with LEVO based and iCEnHancer based ENB sets if you set the FarClip between 2500-3000, and the FogStart to 2500 it gets rid of the fog. I can't confirm in other sets right now, but some .fx files have the function to "Defog" as well.

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

@Packet
You're joking right? about the "defog"; that's just color opacity using 3 floats (rgb) nothing else.
To get rid of the fog; put your Top Color Sky in main to BLACK, it sets the intensity of the fog.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Puritan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:37 PM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 15 August 2012 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE (icelaglace @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 11:15)
@Packet
You're joking right? about the "defog"; that's just color opacity using 3 floats (rgb) nothing else.
To get rid of the fog; put your Top Color Sky in main to BLACK, it sets the intensity of the fog.

iCe, iCe, iCE. YOU are the expert, I am the noob. I am not kidding with my descriptions for most things. I know little tiny bits of information here and there. I get stuff done - but it's the low-tech method man. blush.gif colgate.gif

Thanks a heap for the information re: Black Top Color Sky. That makes sense. So, the color usnig three rgb floats can operate indepandtly of cross process? Nice to see you here btw, clears up crap REALLY quick. happy.gif

BTW: What the hell did you do with the new visualsettings.dat you included in 2.1? It's fast. Really fast. Meaning: it added many, many FPS to my configuration (although changed the visuals quite a bit).

monocle.gif icon14.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

thanks guys .

@ icelaglace : the problem is that the totally black 0, 0, 0 doesn't work here , it crashes . i have to put something like 0, 0, 24 that kind of thing . i'll try again , but as far as i can remember i can't set a totally black sky

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 18:38)
thanks guys .

@ icelaglace : the problem is that the totally black 0, 0, 0 doesn't work here , it crashes . i have to put something like 0, 0, 24 that kind of thing . i'll try again , but as far as i can remember i can't set a totally black sky

Yeah I figured it the hard way that it crashes only on 1070 patch.
pure black works perfectly on 1040 patch.

Just put fog start to 25000; no matter what far clip you give. it'll disappear.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (icelaglace @ Wednesday, Aug 15 2012, 19:56)

Yeah I figured it the hard way that it crashes only on 1070 patch.
pure black works perfectly on 1040 patch.

Just put fog start to 25000; no matter what far clip you give. it'll disappear.

i'm fine with 1.0.7.0 it is very stable you know . well i tried both tips none works

user posted image

i think it has to be with a setting beside the timecyc like the rain

T-ru
  • T-ru

kamikadze

• Members

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:36 PM Edited by T-ru, 16 August 2012 - 04:38 PM.

WOW i noticed that the top sky color from the Atmosphere section control the noise effect like in TLAD, so if you want to add a noise effect make your color like this:
Nuance must be between 90 and 160; Saturation must be 238-239 and 240; Brightness must be between 10 and 60.

jpm1
If you want to remove the fog try to reduce the Multiplier from Direct color in Atmosphere section or increase the brightness of the color something like 237; 238; 239. Also the color corection from visual effect section control the fog. Make fog start more than far clip.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

tried all , nothing works . but i think that maybe this has to be set beside , in the visualsettings maybe

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

somebody knows how to make the sky looks like this , how to get that beautiful blue (upper right part)

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users