Photo

[IV,EFLC|REL] GIMS IV

2,726 replies to this topic
BlooopedOut
  • BlooopedOut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 19:17)
QUOTE (BlooopedOut @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 22:05)
I'm wondering if someone can help me out with something. I know I've posted a topic in regards to the problem in another part of the forum, but it seems to be a bit of an obscure section and I wasn't aware of this thread. Anyway, the problem I have is this: GIMS will not import any model I extract from OpenIV. It gives me the error message of it not being the correct format or that the file is encrypted. Here's the program info:

OpenIV version 1.3.5

On the GIMS UI, it says it is build 7.11.2011.

3DSM 2013

Anyone know what the issue is?

The reason's you're using a very old GIMS version.
Current's 03.09.2012. Use web installer from gtagarage.
And don't use 2013.

Ah, it's working now, even in 2013. Now I can get modelling. Many thanks. smile.gif

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (BlooopedOut @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 00:30)
QUOTE (3Doomer @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 19:17)
QUOTE (BlooopedOut @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 22:05)
I'm wondering if someone can help me out with something. I know I've posted a topic in regards to the problem in another part of the forum, but it seems to be a bit of an obscure section and I wasn't aware of this thread. Anyway, the problem I have is this: GIMS will not import any model I extract from OpenIV. It gives me the error message of it not being the correct format or that the file is encrypted. Here's the program info:

OpenIV version 1.3.5

On the GIMS UI, it says it is build 7.11.2011.

3DSM 2013

Anyone know what the issue is?

The reason's you're using a very old GIMS version.
Current's 03.09.2012. Use web installer from gtagarage.
And don't use 2013.

Ah, it's working now, even in 2013. Now I can get modelling. Many thanks. smile.gif

It won't work properly in 2013. But it's your own problem...don't ask when your models'll be incorrectly skinned and disappear ingame.

jackusCTB
  • jackusCTB

Peon

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Ah that's way my model is incorrectly skinned...

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Wednesday, Jan 30 2013, 12:25)
Yeah, the painter's a bit laggy.
I recommend you to split your terrain to smaller polycounted pieces(you'll have to do it anyway, because the game can't handle such models properly).

Blend shader uses another mapping channels, so you must retexture it.

Thanks, I'm amazed at how fast it is after I split everything into smaller pieces. Holy crap. My map is working great now and the blended textures are beautiful.

Turns out the problem I had with disappearing was because I did not reset xform before painting and some material ID's were set higher than 1.

I ran into another problem though, I just downgraded to 1.04 for some graphics mods for the first time and my map will not work. The game seems to just ignore it completely. It works fine on 1.07 though, do you have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Also here's the first successful in game test (on 1.07) of my upcoming map smile.gif

user posted image

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

It's a game bug, obviously.
Try to remove all graphic mods, might help.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

How did you get collision materials on blended meshes?

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by JJagwire, 21 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

@3doomer
Well my stupidity probably never fails to amaze you, but the problem was that I didn't know the ASI loader was for 1.07 only. Switched to xlive and its all good now. I can continue creating this map at peace of mind.

@ quechus
Not sure that I understand your question correctly, but for different collision types for example grass and dirt I use 2 different shaders that share the same texture dictionary. Probably a better way to do it, but at this time I really just wanted to see if I could get 500,000 polys worth of blended terrain working. I am very happy with the results, there is pretty much 0 lag

user posted image

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Patch 4 has some anti-mod protection i think. I don't play patch 4 so i'm to totally certain but i think it needs some sort of filelist.pak patch, and maybe an antimodding protection remover .asi by alexander blade.
I wish i could remember the post detailing how to mod patch 4 seamlessly.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 13:12)
Patch 4 has some anti-mod protection i think. I don't play patch 4 so i'm to totally certain but i think it needs some sort of filelist.pak patch, and maybe an antimodding protection remover .asi by alexander blade.
I wish i could remember the post detailing how to mod patch 4 seamlessly.

It's either that or I ditch multiplayer functionality and install Xliveless.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (JJagwire @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 13:49)
@3doomer
Well my stupidity probably never fails to amaze you, but the problem was that I didn't know the ASI loader was for 1.07 only. Switched to xlive and its all good now. I can continue creating this map at peace of mind.

@ quechus
Not sure that I understand your question correctly, but for different collision types for example grass and dirt I use 2 different shaders that share the same texture dictionary. Probably a better way to do it, but at this time I really just wanted to see if I could get 500,000 polys worth of blended terrain working. I am very happy with the results, there is pretty much 0 lag

That reflection looks so wrong. The water has no particles at all , it's just the same as any mirror

IIZACHARIAHII
  • IIZACHARIAHII

The Unprofessional Professional :P

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

can someone help, i cant get my map to load properly.

i made a simple island, in open iv i have,

island.wdr ( loads up realy small on the grid?)
island.wtd (fine)
island.wbn (fine)

Ingame,

colision is fine, im stood on it.
but im floating, sort off in the air.
And i can see a small model sized island in the underneath/middle of the collision map.
it also look really specular like.

can anyone help biggrin.gif

Alber2gt
  • Alber2gt

U say why?-I say goodbye!!!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Original water places are level up than your ground level(and near the spawning place)change your water.dat-in common directory
Reconvert and resize the models

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by JJagwire, 08 March 2013 - 08:53 PM.

QUOTE (IIZACHARIAHII @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 16:50)
can someone help, i cant get my map to load properly.

i made a simple island, in open iv i have,

island.wdr ( loads up realy small on the grid?)
island.wtd (fine)
island.wbn (fine)

Ingame,

colision is fine, im stood on it.
but im floating, sort off in the air.
And i can see a small model sized island in the underneath/middle of the collision map.
it also look really specular like.

can anyone help biggrin.gif

In the hierarchy tab - Affect pivot only, center to object, reset transform, scale.

In the utilities tab, reset xform, reset selected.

When you are doing materials, make sure the specularity slider is set to 0. Your map will look horribly shiny when it is raining even if there is no specularity btw. Also make sure all material ID's on all polygons are set to 1 before exporting for future reference, anything higher than 1 will show up as pure white

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hey Doomer, is there a way I can make a very low LOD model switch to a regular model when I move close to it? I can't figure out a way to make the low LOD model disappear, so the regular model just renders on top of it currently.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (JJagwire @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 20:50)
Hey Doomer, is there a way I can make a very low LOD model switch to a regular model when I move close to it? I can't figure out a way to make the low LOD model disappear, so the regular model just renders on top of it currently.

No idea...try to research some original game models.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (JJagwire @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 19:50)

Use the lod manager in gims to link them.
The lod model should be in the root wpl
and regular model in streamX.wpl.

The regular model in the stream wpl get's a lod number. This number indicates at which line the lod model is in the root wpl.

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 20:18)
QUOTE (JJagwire @ Monday, Mar 18 2013, 19:50)
Hey Doomer, is there a way I can make a very low LOD model switch to a regular model when I move close to it?  I can't figure out a way to make the low LOD model disappear, so the regular model just renders on top of it currently.

Use the lod manager in gims to link them.
The lod model should be in the root wpl
and regular model in streamX.wpl.

The regular model in the stream wpl get's a lod number. This number indicates at which line the lod model is in the root wpl.

You are awesome. Thanks!

Gameinator
  • Gameinator

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:40 AM Edited by Gameinator, 28 March 2013 - 09:03 AM.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue when exporting my player model. For some reason on export a heap of my vertices break apart from each other creating about 2-5 in its place. It looks fine in gameplay but as soon as I enter a cutscene those vertices start causing problems making several areas of the face invisible and possibly unrigged in some cases. I have tried welding the vertices and exporting again to get the exact issue. I am using 3ds Max 2012 with the latest version of GIMS IV
Screenshot from 3ds Max. Click for full size
user posted image
Ingame. Click for full size
user posted image
EDIT: Managed to fix most of the errors, caused by UV breaks or something like that, so just smoothed them out and fixed up the issue

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Problem: 3D object non-existant in game.

Solution: ?

QUOTE (Specs)
Windows 8
Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 64bit
GIMS IV build 27.8.2012 8:34 GMT +4
OPEN IV Version 1.3.5
GTA IV Product Version: 1.0.7.0

My attempt:

I opened my 3d mesh into 3ds max, started the GIMS IV script and activated the “MAP” helper. Moved and rotated my 3d mesh into place on the map (one model/mesh with 3,923 verts; 2,643 polys). Named my model(mxobdgchurch), reset pivot, centered pivot on object, hit transform and scale then ResetXform and collapsed all.

Applied textures with the Material Editor (converted mapped textures to GTA IV). I then opened the Hierarchy manager put the name “mxomara” in “File name” under IDE/IPL and clicked the “Assign” button. Opened the “IDE OBJS/TOBJ/ANIM editor” dropdown. For WTD texture dictionary: “mxomara” and I set Draw distance: “2000” and clicked the “Set” button. Opened the “WPL editor” dropdown and hit the first “Set” button.
Exported IDE and WPL.

user posted image
(Image directly before IDE/WPL export.)

Had a cigarette. Came back from havin a ciggy and opened Hierarchy manager. I selected my one object and under “openFormats” I pressed the button “Assign” after making sure “File name” was the same name as my one object.
Exported as ODR after unselecting “Split smooth groups”.

user posted image
(Image directly before exporting ODR.)

Having my object selected, I went back to Hierarchy manager to create my collision model. Under “openFormats” I selected “Collision” and checkboxed the “Composite collision”. After making sure “File name” was the same as my object, “mxobdgchurch”, I pressed the “Assign” button.

Exported OBN.

user posted image
(Image directly before exporting to OBN.)

Opened Open IV and created a new folder in game/data/maps/mxomara/. Imported IDE and WPL to this directory. Created IMG archive named “mxomara”.

user posted image

I opened mxomara.img and imported my OpenFormats ODR and OBN files and created a new texture dictionary “mxomara.wtd” and imported all of my textures for my “mxobdgchurch” object. Hit save and rebuilt archive.

Open IV can seem to render my model just fine with textures and can even find it on my map.

user posted image

user posted image

gta.dat:
CODE
# map files
IDE platform:/DATA/MAPS/MXOMARA/MXOMARA.IDE

# map files
IPL platform:/DATA/MAPS/MXOMARA/MXOMARA.IPL

images.txt:
CODE
platforming:/data/maps/mxomara/mxomara    0

Why I cannot see this model in game is beyond me. I’ve placed this model higher and lower on the Z axis thinking there may be some kind of offset, I’ve even tried dividing my object’s mesh into multiple objects. I have no collision data in game or 3d object. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. My map addition is simply non-existent to the game.

-J

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

@Jay.

When you go to the object's location, can you at least view the collision? Like can you bump into an invisible version of your object?

If so, it means that your object is definitely not underground where you won't be able to see it.

In this case, you just need to re-export the EXACT same file again and it works. Maybe check your images.txt, copy the sample line from rockstar and paste it. Replace rockstar's names with the name of your img file. The reason is, the space between the end of the line and the "0" character is sensitive. (eg...Few space bar types is different then a tab key press and a space)

The above procedure works wonders for me any time my object refuses to show up even after proper export.

Cheers,

Limiter

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

Actually there is a problem..

You need to have your model at 0.0.0 and not export everything at 0.0.0 just the model...

Make a copy of the model and place it to 0.0.0 then center pivot to object and reset xform and collapse it.
The other copy you have will be your IDE and WPL.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Wow, don't tell me GIMS reverted back to its primitive state when you MUST export .wdr at 0.0.0.

Because I never need to do that ever since July 2011 Update... All WDR gets automatically centered at 0.0.0 even if I don't do it at export.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:13 PM

Nope, it doesn't. I did a few tests recently that are meant for placing objects outside map boundaries... ofcourse it had to do with the pivot which was centered while the actual model was few miles away tounge.gif

Basically, no this reset shouldn't happen

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Oh, I set the model at 0,0,0 as instructed by previous posts anyway. It's good to know I don't have to keep doing that, I'd lose my f*cking mind.

Thank you Limiter, quechus13 and GTARandom. I got everything in game finally.

Do I have to keep remaking my IDE and WPL everytime I add models? Is it possible to just append new data to existing files? Seems a little tedious plus I think my schematic views are going to look a little messy when I have 50+ models.

Say I have a box and I want this box in three different places, do I have to treat each box as if it's a new model?? I would have to name each box the same exact name but then I'd still have to create collision data for all three? I guess my question is, how do I go about places multiple objects of the same model around the map? In my mind I would create the IDE with one box, export WPL after all my objects are placed on the map and create collision data with all three boxes selected(I haven't tried creating collision with multiple objects selected yet).

-J

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

@Jay

Do I have to keep remaking my IDE and WPL everytime I add models? Is it possible to just append new data to existing files? Seems a little tedious plus I think my schematic views are going to look a little messy when I have 50+ models.

There is a trick to this. smile.gif Just export each model independently as you would. When you export ide, just add the ide mesh to the bottom of the hierarchy. For example, in my GIMS version from way back, I go by dev_map->"name of file"->base->objs->"object1." In this scenario, object1 is the first model's ide. If you have a second model, just attach it to the bottom of objs so now t is side by side wih object1. In other words, "objs" in the hierarchy leads on to both object1 and object2 ect... smile.gif

If you want to edit an existing ide, just import the ide file into 3ds max and perform the steps outlined above. smile.gif

Say I have a box and I want this box in three different places, do I have to treat each box as if it's a new model?? I would have to name each box the same exact name but then I'd still have to create collision data for all three? I guess my question is, how do I go about places multiple objects of the same model around the map? In my mind I would create the IDE with one box, export WPL after all my objects are placed on the map and create collision data with all three boxes selected(I haven't tried creating collision with multiple objects selected yet).

Do not treat them as separate objects. Just export the model ect the usual way. The only difference comes in WPL. By the time you export WPL, place your model on the desired location on the map. Attach it with the hierarchy. Then duplicate that mesh, place it to the next desired location that the object also exist. Make sure that it is also connected in the hierarchy if it is not already. Repeat for all duplicates as necessary. smile.gif

Hope this solves the problem. smile.gif

Limiter

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:27 AM

I have a ton of objects to place on the world map, I'll post again if I have questions but I'm fairly confident now. Thanks for the valuable info Limiter.

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Sorry for the double-post. I'm able to do everything I want except when it comes to having multiple instances of the same object. I can successfully see them all in game but there's only collision data in game for ONE(the one I made the collision from) of them. I'm assuming I'm exporting the collision wrong?

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

@Jay

You did not do anything wrong. smile.gif

Two options here:

1. If you export as .wbn, you will have to duplicate a collision mesh and export for every duplicate object on your map.

2. Otherwise export as .wbd, where you only export one colision and it get placed automatically for every duplicate object on your map.

The second choice seems VERY appealing for duplicate objects, but bear in mind, Rockstar doesn't really use wbd on major map objects, but you can still use it and it shouldn't hurt.

Cheers,

Limiter

kumoku
  • kumoku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

devil.gif Thanks the team for amazing works.

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks again Limiter! Got everything I need now:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users