IV Released
2,801 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

ok so Dre says it works in '13 but '13 is not available anymore for students . hope we aren't screwed there :dozing:

jin007
  • jin007

Player Hater

• Members
  • China

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:19 AM

2n8vcz5.jpgvevgnt.jpgscgmc1.jpgatxd2h.jpg2gwztpl.jpgn532wy.jpgin my computer the terrain blend show that,but, the others is not ,just have a look, why my 3ds max do not ?how can I do ? anyone can help me? thanks. :lol: 14nka3a.jpg

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

3D MAX renderer can't display blend. It's only possible in viewports, and only when shader preview function's active in the GIMS material editor, and in blend painting mode.

===

I've decided to discontinue old GIMS IV support since I haven't got enough time and not interested in GTA IV modding anymore.

It's time to move on to the next GTA and other awesome projects like new GIMS Evo and that kind of stuff.

I'm releasing GIMS IV sources to public domain for anyone who wants to learn or do mods for GTA IV.

You can download them at GTAGarage.com, or >HERE<.

Good luck everyone!

• Gforce and Deadly Target like this

jin007
  • jin007

Player Hater

• Members
  • China

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:59 AM

thanks man. have a good luck, :evilgrin: ,I think you should make games which like GTA, haha ,

3D MAX renderer can't display blend. It's only possible in viewports, and only when shader preview function's active in the GIMS material editor, and in blend painting mode.

===

I've decided to discontinue old GIMS IV support since I haven't got enough time and not interested in GTA IV modding anymore.

It's time to move on to the next GTA and other awesome projects like new GIMS Evo and that kind of stuff.

I'm releasing GIMS IV sources to public domain for anyone who wants to learn or do mods for GTA IV.

You can download them at GTAGarage.com, or >HERE<.

Good luck everyone!

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BisonSales, 2 weeks ago.

3Doomer....or anyone for that matter. How do I import WFT models along with the level models using the WPL file import option with GIMS IV? When I import, I am missing all WFT files only. Iv'e broken up the WPL files into seperate files so the image below is of bronx_e_stream0 so 3ds max can handle one section at a time. I've exported all WFT files using OpenIV and I even used the "Use IDE" option when using WPL import. I'd rather not hand import and place each individual WFT model because I'd be dead of old age before completing all of Liberty City.

Czka7Xa.jpg

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jpm1, 2 weeks ago.

AFAIK, GIMSIV doesn't handle wft. but with ingame wpl tool you can place vanilla animated objects

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, this is for a different project and not used in IV and I really need the WFT models already in place when importing from the WPL. If there are other suggestions from anyone, please let me know. :)

jin007
  • jin007

Player Hater

• Members
  • China

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, this is for a different project and not used in IV and I really need the WFT models already in place when importing from the WPL. If there are other suggestions from anyone, please let me know. :)

hi,friend, I can help you ,you just need the other software named "Open Formats I/O " or" OFIO" ,it can import *.wft and *.oft.  alright, you can live your Email ,I will send to you,   :lol:

• BisonSales likes this

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have OFIO installed and only see the OFT single import option. This is what happens when I import bronx_e_stream0 from the WPL import option with models and then try to import bm_nylamp1 from the OFT file import from OFIO. Bronx_e turns black and bm_nylamp1 is imported at 0,0,0. Is there an option to import WFT with OFIO? I need to bulk import WFT files with correct locations for each WPL so I do not have to hand import each one and move them to the correct locations.

6Lw5Yco.jpg

jin007
  • jin007

Player Hater

• Members
  • China

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm sorry for that ,I don't konw about that..

cando
  • cando

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

How do I install this?

Clara Lille
  • Clara Lille

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted A day ago Edited by Clara Lille, A day ago.

Hey Guys, I have a short question about importingfiles to 3ds Max 2014 with GIMPS 2.8....

I try to convert a ped model to a player model following this tutorial:

Thing is, I'm getting stuck at importing the .odd file to 3ds Max (1:30 in the vid).There is an error appearing saying: 

Error_File.jpg

I can get rid of this Message by edditing ig_anna.odd with notepad and changing the Version to 110 10 for the .odd and to 107 10 for the skels. 

Version_Pic.jpg

But then I get the following errors:

GUI::Mass import ODR/ODD
ODR/ODD import::bone import error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
ODR/ODD import::bone import error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
ODR/ODD import::skeleton import error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
ODR/ODD import::get_odr error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
ODR/ODD import::load_mdl error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
ODR/ODD import::get_drawable error:-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
GUI::Mass import ODR/ODD error in file "ig_anna":-- Unable to convert: undefined to type: Quaternion
=====Log end=====
Progressbar state: Importing model: ig_anna - lowr_000_u | 80 bones 

So, do I need an older version of OpenIV (currently using 2.8, read something bout 0.9.3 tho) or is there another problem?

Anyone some clues how to solve this? I did everything acording to the YT Tutorial, but still, there's this error.... thanks for ur help :D

-CL-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users