3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Jay. @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:31)
I assign "Composite Collision"s to my models and export the collision data, what would be causing my models to have missing faces(from COL) in game? I can see my models perfectly but I'll be driving and all of a sudden, I'm in the water cuz I fell through.

Also something strange, I sit still in my car and my car gets bouncy like it wants to fall through the ground.

I have no clue. I was thinking maybe my models are too large in visual size or the procedural material I'm applying is creating some weird effects. It's a very large model and I have it cut into pieces that seemed logical to me.

Make triangles, not polygons.

nine30
  • nine30

Trick

• Members
  • None
  • Best Map Made From Scratch 2014 [French Rivieria]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 07:47)
QUOTE (Jay. @ Thursday, May 30 2013, 01:31)
I assign "Composite Collision"s to my models and export the collision data, what would be causing my models to have missing faces(from COL) in game?† I can see my models perfectly but I'll be driving and all of a sudden, I'm in the water cuz I fell through.

Also something strange, I sit still in my car and my car gets bouncy like it wants to fall through the ground.†

I have no clue.† I was thinking maybe my models are too large in visual size or the procedural material I'm applying is creating some weird effects.† It's a very large model and I have it cut into pieces that seemed logical to me.

i have the same problem on my map... but its too late.

Tri, can you tell me if i can change the speed of drivers in path editor , i mean they drive like old people, too slow, i want them to drive faster, is there any option in GIMS ?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

There;s a Highway flag

Jay.
  • Jay.

3-D Modeler

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

I converted my mesh to editable patch then back to editable mesh(that should have converted everything to triangles) and I'm still having the same issue of missing collision data in game. My mesh integrity is sound before I export.

I noticed sometimes AFTER exporting OBN/collision, in max, my mesh looks like it has doubled it's polys. It's almost as if every poly has subdivided itself into more polys. Wassupwitdat?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Jay. @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 01:20)

I converted my mesh to editable patch then back to editable mesh(that should have converted everything to triangles) and I'm still having the same issue of missing collision data in game. My mesh integrity is sound before I export.

I noticed sometimes AFTER exporting OBN/collision, in max, my mesh looks like it has doubled it's polys. It's almost as if every poly has subdivided itself into more polys. Wassupwitdat?

Polys're subdivided if they're too big or non - planar. It's OK.

nine30
  • nine30

Trick

• Members
  • None
  • Best Map Made From Scratch 2014 [French Rivieria]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Hi 3Doomer,

is there any way to import wtd from the radar.img, i mean i got pictures but how to reorganize it with gims, i mean i want them on the map in order to make radar for route 66 map...

its impossible for me to load picture one by one because of these which are black (water part)

thx.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 13:28)
Hi 3Doomer,

is there any way to import wtd from the radar.img, i mean i got pictures but how to reorganize it with gims, i mean i want them on the map in order to make radar for route 66 map...

its impossible for me to load picture one by one because of these which are black (water part)

thx.

WTD = textures. They're editable through OpenIV

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

i just tried to make a mod with this tool..
so i convert niko's clothes to johnny's..everything is work well..except the normal map..
i dont know how to explain this..but its look different with the normal map from the original model..
here is the screenshot :
original model:
user posted image
edited by me( import and exported with this tool)
user posted image
i didnt change any material setting..i just fiix the bone and skin modifier then export it..
anyone know how to fix this?is there any way to export the model with proper normal map?or is this the tool's bug..

SasukeUchiha13245
  • SasukeUchiha13245

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm receiving a File Validator error that reads Invalid File "---.odd" It has wrong format or encrypted. I have the latest OpenIV and GIMS.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (indra p @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 16:23)
i just tried to make a mod with this tool..
so i convert niko's clothes to johnny's..everything is work well..except the normal map..
i dont know how to explain this..but its look different with the normal map from the original model..
here is the screenshot :
original model:
user posted image
edited by me( import and exported with this tool)
user posted image
i didnt change any material setting..i just fiix the bone and skin modifier then export it..
anyone know how to fix this?is there any way to export the model with proper normal map?or is this the tool's bug..

I think I've got some bugs in normal information calculator...but only one question: is the "original" model(with the skinning bug)'s exported from GIMS too?
If so, it isn't GIMS fault...

2 SasukeUchiha13245:
Send this .odd please

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 07:38)
I think I've got some bugs in normal information calculator...but only one question: is the "original" model(with the skinning bug)'s exported from GIMS too?

no..that is original niko's jacket file..without any editing...the skinning bug happen because johnny and niko uses different bones..thats what i tried to fix...but seem the exporter still not perfect yet..
i hope you would update this tool soon...

Nuka1000
  • Nuka1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

How can I export few meshes at once to openFormats? Should i select "Dictionary" option?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Nuka1000 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 13:37)
How can I export few meshes at once to openFormats? Should i select "Dictionary" option?

No, it's for ODD.
Proper hierarchy'll allow you to export a lot of models at once - you can import few in same time and see how it should be made.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (indra p @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 08:28)

no..that is original niko's jacket file..without any editing...the skinning bug happen because johnny and niko uses different bones..thats what i tried to fix...but seem the exporter still not perfect yet..

Well all I can see is the intensity of the bump map.

You need to make it 1.0

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 22:12)

You need to make it 1.0

i already set all setting exacly same as the original model.. but i cant get the same result ingame..for sure here is the file..you can download it..
if anybody can fix it.. tell me please..

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (indra p @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 01:36)

You need to make it 1.0

i already set all setting exacly same as the original model.. but i cant get the same result ingame..for sure here is the file..you can download it..

It could also be the shaders.
EFLC has different shaders than IV.

Try adjusting the intensity to 2.0

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 02:05)

You need to make it 1.0

i thought 1.0 is the maximum setting...
that might fix the intensity problem...but if you notice the comparison the normal map direction is also different..

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (indra p @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 03:51)
QUOTE (quechus13 @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 02:05)

You need to make it 1.0

i thought 1.0 is the maximum setting...
that might fix the intensity problem...but if you notice the comparison the normal map direction is also different..

Actually there is no limit if you do it manually (not literally).

I've gone all the way up to 25.00

Just type in 2.0

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

^

Yeah, just open .odr with notepad and manually type it in. You can go past 1.0 as quechus mentioned.

About the normal map direction being different, did you accidentally invert one of the axis for your normal map?

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 08:02)
^

Yeah, just open .odr with notepad and manually type it in. You can go past 1.0 as quechus mentioned.

About the normal map direction being different, did you accidentally invert one of the axis for your normal map?

That's not the only way.
You can just type it in GIMS.

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Sunday, Jul 21 2013, 08:02)
^

no. i dont edit any file ..and i dont edit any setting...
i think its the exporter bug..
each time i re exported original model from gta 4..i never get the same result as the original model..maybe you all can try it...

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

sorry for the double post..but i found another bug...
user posted image
as you can see..there is a something like dark glow on the collar.. i think the smoothing group didnt exported properly..i see in the second post of this thread this tool can export smoothing group perfectly..how i can do that? is there are something that i miss? i used 3ds max 2012 anyway..

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

^

When you export ODR, there is a checkbox to split smoothing groups. Keep that checked and it should work.

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Limiter @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 07:40)
^

When you export ODR, there is a checkbox to split smoothing groups. Keep that checked and it should work.

..i did that..the result still same...any other idea?

JJagwire
  • JJagwire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by JJagwire, 25 July 2013 - 07:48 AM.

Also having trouble with smoothing groups.. in this case between 2 different objects there is always a shadow/crease showing unless the bordering polygons of the objects are 100% planar to eachother. (For example all 8 vertices of 2 side by side polygons must be planar) The split smoothing groups checkbox made no difference for me either.

Just want to make sure there is no better way to fix this than manually moving a crapload of verts.

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (indra p @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 08:25)
QUOTE (Limiter @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 07:40)
^

..i did that..the result still same...any other idea?

There used to be a problem with GIMS smoothing group. In other words, even if you have the box checked, it won't work. 3Doomer claims it works, but you never know...

What I do is to manually split the smoothing groups before export. Go into your smoothing groups and select each smoothing groups individually and press the "Detach" button for every smoothing groups you have. Then manually press attach back. Do NOT weld the vertices after they are reattached.

Now you should have a smoothing groups detached model and it will show in game.

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

^
that is a good trick..i need to rig again my model..but i can deal with it..thank you..

btw i found another bug that i just realize..
so this is the texture of my character and johhny's texture..
as you can see,,the lightness and darkenss almost same..
user posted image
but what happen in game its like my character is twice lighter than johnny..
user posted image
here is the material setting of my model :
user posted image
anyone know what i did wrong?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

You copy-pasted the material settings from the stock model, right? I seem to be encountering that problem too.

indraCG
  • indraCG

3d Modeller

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 14:18)
You copy-pasted the material settings from the stock model, right? I seem to be encountering that problem too.

exacly..any suggestion how i should make the setting?

Limiter
  • Limiter

GTA Modder

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

This happens with all my map models that are newly created from scratch.

Apply vertex paint. If you don't, the default exported vertex paint for your model is white. Making the model look very light in game. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users