Quantcast

» «
Photo

WII U

196 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you bought a Wii U? (124 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you bought a Wii U?

1. Yes (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

2. No (108 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Just a question, why do they call Wii U an eight generation console?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Ok, so surprisingly, I went into GameStop today to get my special edition pre-order for GTA V. After I paid for it, I was about to leave the store but I spotted the Wii U. I have never, ever played on it in my life before, and the same goes for the Wii (original). I was skeptical about this console. After everyone complained about it, I played one of the demos, I believe it was Sonic All Stars or something along those lines, and you know what? I'll be getting on in October/November. I haven't played a Nintendo console since the GameCube days and I wanted to get a fun gaming experience. Xbox and Playstation are getting too boring for me.

Come October/November I'll have the 32gb Deluxe edition in my room. Can't wait.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:04)
Ok, so surprisingly, I went into GameStop today to get my special edition pre-order for GTA V. After I paid for it, I was about to leave the store but I spotted the Wii U. I have never, ever played on it in my life before, and the same goes for the Wii (original). I was skeptical about this console. After everyone complained about it, I played one of the demos, I believe it was Sonic All Stars or something along those lines, and you know what? I'll be getting on in October/November. I haven't played a Nintendo console since the GameCube days and I wanted to get a fun gaming experience. Xbox and Playstation are getting too boring for me.

After the Xbox One reveal the Wii U looks 10 times better. tounge.gif The sales shot up after the Xbox One was revealed.

Make sure you get some good games like AC III and Black Ops II even if you have played them before. Have fun!

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 18:36)
After the Xbox One reveal the Wii U looks 10 times better. tounge.gif The sales shot up after the Xbox One was revealed.

It shot up 875% after the reveal on Amazon! that's a huge increase.

http://wiiudaily.com...increase-in-uk/

I'm actually thinking of picking up one of these babies after seeing some of the neat exclusive games at E3 like X and the new Smash, maybe in a year or so after the prices go down a bit.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 01:36)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 11:04)

Make sure you get some good games like AC III and Black Ops II even if you have played them before. Have fun!

I just got off of BO2 on xbox... not happy.

I also love the controller/tablet that comes with the Wii U. I'm so excited to get one smile.gif

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

Well speak for yourselves, i'll still gladly get an Xbox One over this peice of sh*t... Now don't start calling me an Xbox fanboy cause I am getting both consoles. But the Wii U... barf8bd.gif

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Whatever you think is the right decision, I just wanted to share my opinion and story.

No need to flame the Wii U smile.gif

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

I too am thinking about getting the Wii U. Or a 3DS.

The Wii U has the new Mario Kart, new Smash, new Mario titles and bunch more exclusives that looks a hell lotta fun. But on the other hand, the 3DS has Animal Crossing and freakin new Pokemon games.

I think the real loser here is my wallet. I might wait for the prices to go down. I really want a new Pokemon game ASAP though. The new features they are putting in X & Y are awesome-sauce. Can we link our 3DS to the Wii U and play it from there?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 15 June 2013 - 07:17 AM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 06:03)
Whatever you think is the right decision, I just wanted to share my opinion and story.

You're right. I don't mean to start a war, I apologize. smile.gif It just angers me how people are flaming the Xbox One when, all in all, it looks like a promising console. confused.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:44)

You're right. I don't mean to start a war, I apologize. smile.gif It just angers me how people are flaming the Xbox One when, all in all, it looks like a promising console. confused.gif

Before the reveal it did show a lot of promise but after that it did show a lot of retardness too.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 07:39)
QUOTE (Flight180Victm @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 12:44)

Before the reveal it did show a lot of promise but after that it did show a lot of retardness too.

Yeah...sure. bored.gif

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

The only thing that would make me buy a Wii U is if they made a Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness sequel for it. I'd buy the f*cking console in no time.

eerik
  • eerik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 05:34)

Well, good for you, but for a 50 dollars more you could get a PS4.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (eerik @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 14:26)
QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 05:34)

Well, good for you, but for a 50 dollars more you could get a PS4.

No thanks.

Like I told my brother, I'm not transfering to the Xbox One/PS4 any time soon. Not until next summer. Want to know why? There will be more games that interest me that are released/will be released soon. Also, there could be a summer deal or something like that. I'm just doing this to save money.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

I just brought the no's to 69. devil.gif

R* would be proud.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

I see no point in buying a Nintendo product until they bring us some good games that can go against Micro$oft and Sony.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:35)
I see no point in buying a Nintendo product until they bring us some good games that can go against Micro$oft and Sony.

Like Mario Kart 8? Gonna defo buy the Wii U once that's out.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 00:44)

Its the same as the last one they made. Nintendo only makes the same game they made last year. Their only good console was NES. They can't compete against Sony and Micro$oft so that's why they don't. Nintendo should try to get hardcore gamers into the Wii U. Wouldn't it be nice seeing a Grand Theft Auto game on a Nintendo product?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

I kinda feel like playing a new Super Smash Bros. I don't like this whole Wii sh*t... Make a Nintendo 128 (64 + 64)

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 01:03)

Its the same as the last one they made. Nintendo only makes the same game they made last year. Their only good console was NES. They can't compete against Sony and Micro$oft so that's why they don't. Nintendo should try to get hardcore gamers into the Wii U. Wouldn't it be nice seeing a Grand Theft Auto game on a Nintendo product?

Hells yeah it would, but they always seem to make the weaker console so it'd be watered down. But that screen on the pad would be a nice addition to GTA.

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

I'll definietly be getting a Wii U once Smash Bros. comes out, I'm not really into Mario or Mario Kart anymore, but I still love Smash bros. and can't wait to get my hands on the new one.

Probably be getting a 3DS soon to, it's starting to get some games that peek my interest like Animal Crossing, and Pokemon X and Y will be coming out for it in October, and they look amazing.

GTAKing3197
  • GTAKing3197

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Haven't bought the Wii U but I'm considering it but not sure if I should get this or the PS4 first.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 17:03)

Yeah, because Nintendo is known for the shoddy quality and awful gameplay of their games, right? Oh yeah, no.
And they are always releasing the same titles? As opposed to the two other consoles who ONLY have new and interesting IPs every year, right? Oh yeah, no. At least they mix up their series with enough spice to make them fresh and interesting.
Their only good console was the NES? Seriously? SNES, N64, DS would like to say hello to you.
They don't compete with Microsoft and Sony because they are making a killing in their niche, arguably more than the other two. They go after a different demographics and make quality games for them as well as making a nice load of money, while leaving the other two to destroy one another in a market that's not growing as strong or as large anymore.

On the Wii U, as soon as I move into a more permanent home I'm getting one. Because Nintendo games are damn fun.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

The WII U needs a price cut and/or more games on the system for me to be interested. The tablet controller does nothing for me. I'll buy one at some point maybe just as I did with the WII if only to play a handful of exclusives but that won't be a long time yet.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 14:03)
. Their only good console was NES.

And I guess the SNES, N64, Gameboy and Gamecube don't count?

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm getting a WiiU for my birthday! Isoessited! panic.gif

It's a bittersweet victory though, as GTA V comes out a short 25 days later... But those 25 days will be sooooo good.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by KilnerLUFC, 08 June 2014 - 10:46 PM.

The WII U needs a price cut and/or more games on the system for me to be interested. The tablet controller does nothing for me. I'll buy one at some point maybe just as I did with the WII if only to play a handful of exclusives but that won't be a long time yet.

For me, it seems Nintendo have actually got ahead of the competition with the tablet style controller, but are seriously lacking behind due to the actual software available for the console. It was the same exact story for the Wii, with the motion control being the main focus, of which was copied by Sony and MS, but not so much so as a main focus point. The Wii flopped though because it became too much of a gimmick, too many sh*te games being released that only saw you having to wave your arms in a different motion, rather than focusing on bringing out some top quality games instead. Don't get me wrong, some games were quality, but the Wii had already flopped. I'm wanting to actually buy a Wii, but only because it's like £30 now...

Now, the Wii U. For me, the technology is something that will no doubt be copied at some point down the line, it's inevitable. How many of you out there own a tablet, or even a smart phone, and play games on it whilst away from your TV/PC etc? No doubt Nintendo asked themselves this, and the result of this being the tablet controller, allowing us to play the games whilst away from the TV. For me, the reason they have yet again failed is because of the gimmicky, cartoon-ish games, rather than putting some time and dedication into making a game to blow the market away.

Seriously, what happened to this -

96925_zelda_hd.jpg

But instead, we get this -

zelda-hyrule-warriors.jpg

Nintendo are doing themselves no favours at all, and how long will it be before they realise why they keep getting outsold by Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo once ruled the market.

I am seriously considering buying a WiiU, and I guess this E3 will be the decider for me. Mario kart 8 is tempting enough, but one game is not enough to purchase a console for. I see rumours of a new Zelda game on certain sites, so here's to E3...

EDIT: OK, So reading some articles seems to clearly confirm that Nintendo are set to announce the new Zelda title at E3...f*ck YEAH!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

I don't think Nintendo are trying to compete with MS/Sony. They're in their own bubble tbh.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 08 June 2014 - 11:07 PM.

I want one for Mario Kart and Super Smash, but not any time soon.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Credits: 0

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:44 AM

For me, it seems Nintendo have actually got ahead of the competition with the tablet style controller, but are seriously lacking behind due to the actual software available for the console. It was the same exact story for the Wii, with the motion control being the main focus, of which was copied by Sony and MS, but not so much so as a main focus point. The Wii flopped though because it became too much of a gimmick, too many sh*te games being released that only saw you having to wave your arms in a different motion, rather than focusing on bringing out some top quality games instead. Don't get me wrong, some games were quality, but the Wii had already flopped. I'm wanting to actually buy a Wii, but only because it's like £30 now...

How did it flop though? It's sold over 100 million units, almost 20 million more than Sony and Microsoft's respective 7th gen consoles.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that the motion control was too gimmicky and central a focus for some people's tastes (mine included) but it obviously worked for them.

As for the Wii U, I'll wait until it's on sale at some point down the road before I consider picking it up myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users