Quantcast

» «
Photo

WII U

175 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you bought a Wii U? (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you bought a Wii U?

1. Yes (8 votes [8.42%])

Percentage of vote: 8.42%

2. No (87 votes [91.58%])

Percentage of vote: 91.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (MikeChase69 @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 16:26)
This console is going to fail so badly.

I´m not going to buy this console because although Nintendo thinks otherwise,is not 2006(Wii U´s specs) anymore.
But probably the Wii U will sell really well because"Hardcore gamers will buy them; hardcore Nintendo fanboys will buy it. They could put out a piece of cardboard and say that it'll play Mario and they'll buy it." Pachter.

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

The reason why I'm not getting is mostly because well the First Party games aren't for me.

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

So now I'm hearing that you won't be able to play actual games on the tablet anymore. Is that true?

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Nintendo Announces the Wii U's 23 Launch Titles:
http://gamingeveryth...ii-u-on-nov-18/

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (GamingEverthing.com @ Wednesday, Sep 26 2012, 12:00)
Nintendo Announces 23 Games Launching with Wii U on Nov. 18
September 26th, 2012 Posted in News, Wii U
Posted By: Valay
An Additional 29 Games Are Planned Through the End of March

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo is unleashing the largest launch-day video game lineup in its history for its new Wii U™ home console. When Wii U launches in the Americas on Nov. 18, 23 games from Nintendo and its third-party publishing partners will be ready to play as well. These include Nintendo-published games like Nintendo Land™, New Super Mario Bros.™ U, SiNG PARTY™ and NINJA GAIDEN™ 3: Razor’s Edge, as well as third-party powerhouses like ZombiU™ from Ubisoft, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II from Activision Publishing, Inc., Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two from Disney Interactive, EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 13 from Electronic Arts and Scribblenauts™ Unlimited from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

“We’re making sure that Wii U owners will have great games to play from the moment they open the box, and that a steady stream of fun new games is always on the way,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s president and COO. “We have something for everyone, from new franchises to creative new approaches to familiar favorites.”

The high-definition Wii U system is available in two versions in the Americas, and each comes with a touch-screen Wii U GamePad controller. The Basic Set will be offered in white at a suggested retail price of $299.99 in the United States, while the Deluxe Set, which includes higher storage capacity, additional accessories and Nintendo Land, will be offered in black at a suggested retail price of $349.99 in the United States.

Wii U owners who connect their systems to the Internet also unlock a vast array of features to enhance their gaming, social and entertainment experiences. This includes features such as Nintendo eShop, which allows users to buy and download games directly to their systems, and Miiverse™, an online gaming community that lets players interact in new ways and share playing tips. Wii U owners in the United States and Canada will also have access to Nintendo TVii, which lets users access multiple sources of entertainment through a convenient GamePad interface.

Below is a list of upcoming Wii U games for launch day and beyond.

Publisher  Title  Launch Date
505 Games  Funky Barn  Launch Window*
2K Sports  NBA 2K13  Launch Window
Activision Publishing, Inc.  Call of Duty®: Black Ops II  Nov. 18
Skylanders Giants™  Nov. 18
TRANSFORMERS PRIME™  Nov. 18
Wipeout 3  Nov. 18
007™ Legends  Launch Window
Cabela’s® Dangerous Hunts 2013  Launch Window
Rapala® Pro Bass Fishing  Launch Window
Broken Rules  Chasing Aurora  November
Pwnee Studios  Cloudberry Kingdom  November
D3Publisher  Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game  Launch Window
Ben 10 Omniverse™  Launch Window
Family Party: 30 Great Games®: Obstacle Arcade  Launch Window
Disney Interactive  Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two  Nov. 18
Electronic Arts  EA SPORTS™ FIFA Soccer 13  Nov. 18
Madden NFL 13  November
Mass Effect™ 3  Launch Window
Frozenbyte  Trine 2™: Director’s Cut  November
Gaijin Games  Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien  January
WayForward  Mighty Switch Force HD  November
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.  TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT™ 2 Wii U Edition Nov. 18
TANK! TANK! TANK!™  November
Nintendo  New Super Mario Bros. U  Nov. 18
NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge  Nov. 18
Nintendo Land  Nov. 18
SiNG PARTY  Nov. 18
Game & Wario™  Launch Window
LEGO® City: Undercover  Launch Window
Pikmin™ 3  Launch Window
Wii Fit™ U  Launch Window
The Wonderful 101™  Launch Window
SEGA  Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™  Nov. 18
Aliens: Colonial Marines™  Launch Window
Shin’en  Nano Assault Neo  November
Tecmo Koei America Corporation  WARRIORS OROCHI® 3 Hyper  Nov. 18
THQ  Darksiders® II  Nov. 18
JEOPARDY! ®  Launch Window
Wheel of Fortune®  Launch Window
Tomorrow Corporation  Little Inferno  November
Two Tribes  Toki Tori 2  November
Ubisoft  Assassin’s Creed® III
Nov. 18
ESPN Sports Connection™
Nov. 18
Just Dance® 4  Nov. 18
Rabbids® Land  Nov. 18
Your Shape®: Fitness Evolved 2013
Nov. 18
ZombiU™  Nov. 18
Marvel Avengers™: Battle for Earth  Launch Window
Rayman Legends®  Launch Window
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment  Scribblenauts™ Unlimited
Nov. 18
Game Party Champions
Nov. 18
Batman: Arkham City™ Armored Edition
Nov. 18

* Launch window is defined as the period beginning Nov. 18, 2012, and ending March 31, 2013.

Broadband Internet access is required for online features. For more information, go to http://support.nintendo.com. Remember that Wii U features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu.

For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.

SimmerE15
  • SimmerE15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

^This is off-topic, but do you have a bigger version of your sig?
I'd like to use that as my facebook wall pic biggrin.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (SimmerE15 @ Tuesday, Oct 9 2012, 23:24)
^This is off-topic, but do you have a bigger version of your sig?
I'd like to use that as my facebook wall pic biggrin.gif

user posted image

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

So anybody buying one?

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (MikeChase69 @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 02:49)
So anybody buying one?

Probably won't buy one until the next Zelda game comes out. Only reason I have a Wii is for Zelda games tounge.gif

I might also buy it if GTA V comes out on Wii U, not sure though.

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:57 PM Edited by MikeChase69, 18 November 2012 - 09:01 PM.

It came out today.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

http://www.gamingvog...irmware-update/
The Wii U will brick if you shut it down during an ongoing firmware update.
Ben Fritz, Film business reporter for Latimes, has bricked his Wii U without playing a singlegame. The reason? Shutting down the system during an update. The size of the update is something that is not pretty either.
It's a known fact that many hardware manufacturers tell you not to turn any system off if it's updating, but there is always a backup mechanism in place if things go wrong, for example, the PS3 will retry the update as soon as the console starts.

Warning: don't unplug your Wii U during the 2 hour plus software update or the console stops working, he tweeted .
The Wii U firmware update is 5 GB in size and adds the Nintendo Network to the console. Weird way to install a required service, but hey, it's Nintendo
user posted image

Not really interested in the Wii-U btw, it doesn't feel like a real next gen console.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 16:18)
it doesn't feel like a real next gen console.

Because it's not, it's more of an update to the wii and better gameplay. smile.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

I've been watching people play it, and I'm really uninterested.
The whole thing is going to be so out of date when the next xbox and playstation come around and it'll be stuck with shovelware again.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:02)

Because it's not, it's more of an update to the wii and better gameplay. smile.gif

Nintendo says otherwise

http://www.kotaku.co...ole-generation/

“This is absolutely the beginning of a new generation,”

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:59)
QUOTE (GTA3Rockstar @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 13:02)

Nintendo says otherwise

http://www.kotaku.co...ole-generation/

“This is absolutely the beginning of a new generation,”

Nintendo can say what they want but they're wrong.

Been watching a few videos of some games they've got going and Mario looks just as fun as always, Zombie U although looked promising at the start just seems like a bit of a letdown and the pad thing just seems like a massive annoyance for this game.

Not seen a whole lot of hype surrounding the Wii U on these forums so lets see where we're at with a lil poll. Didn't buy one myself and can't see myself buying one in the future.
*Just realised that it's only available for North America at the moment.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

http://www.nowgamer...._light_dev.html
Nintendo’s Wii U is out in the US and with reports coming in that it is struggling in a number of areas, many are claiming its third party games aren’t quite up to the visual standard of their Xbox 360 and PS3 cousins.
That the Wii U struggles to render games (that run perfectly on the Xbox 360 and the PS3) is a worrying trend for Nintendo. In fact, some games currently scheduled for release on the 360, PS3 and PC won’t be heading to the Wii U at all because of the differences in processing power.
One of these titles will be 4 A Games’ Metro: Last Light. Chief technical officer, Oles Shishkovtsov, explains why Metro’s sequel won’t be appearing.
“The Wii U has a horrible, slow CPU” said Shishkovtsov to NowGamer.
Even his colleage, Huw Beynon, confirmed there would not be a Wii U version of Metro: Last Light, and couldn't justify the effort required to bring a comparable version to the Wii U.
“We had an early look at it, we thought we could probably do it, but in terms of the impact we would make on the overall quality of the game – potentially to its detriment – we just figured it wasn’t worth pursuing at this time. It’s something we might return to. I really couldn’t make any promises, though.”
Despite Nintendo’s console offering Metro: Last Light new experiences to its players with it dual screens, when asked Benyon was adamant that the Wii U would ever seen Metro: Last Light when asked directly.
“We had an initial look at the Wii U, but given the size of the team and compared to where we were last time, just developing for the Playstation 3 is a significant addition.”

On Topic: No, i won't be buying it anytime soon, i'm going to wait for the PS4.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

I don't plan on buying this console, at least until Super Smash Bros U comes out

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

I'm not really sure who this console is catered for. WiiU doesn't seem to be immediately drawn to casual gamers, and 'hardcore' gamers see the gamepad as an unnecessary gimmick. There are so many issues with the console, too. For example, why can I not plug headphones/mic into the pro controller?! How am I meant to talk to other players, or am I forced to use the gamepad for games that are more suited for the pro controller?!

Apparently Unreal Engine 4 can run on the WiiU but like most of you have already said, once Xbox and Sony release their new consoles, both of the consoles will both overshadow the WiiU.

Seeing as all the launch titles are underwhelming and most can already be played on the Xbox, why would Nintendo think anyone would want/need a WiiU? The gamepad definitely isn't interesting enough on its own.

I just... I just don't get it. I'm all for new consoles, but it really seems Nintendo have no idea what consumers want with this new console.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

That's pretty conclusive 17-0! 100% non-buyers.

I won't be getting one, it seems like a step down from the current gen tbh. The first party titles don't appeal to me any more, which I suppose is pretty sad really having owned their second and third consoles, and playing a heck of a lot on their first.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Wii U 'Has A Horrible, Slow CPU' Says Metro Last Light Dev

http://www.nowgamer...._light_dev.html

Share your thoughts.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

If I remember correctly, the only games that were ported to the original Wii were ones from the PS2/Xbox, because its processor was ~750 MHz, compared to the 3.2 GHz processors both the PS3 and Xbox 360 have. The Wii U uses a more powerful one, but they have yet to release its specs, probably because it's still incomparable to the previous generation ones.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:19 AM Edited by whatsstrength, 22 November 2012 - 02:31 AM.

I really don't have any right to say this, because I'm not a Wii U owner, but I'll say it anyway. The thing is just complete garbage. Nintendo killed themselves by not putting more juice into the system. It's going to end up exactly like the Wii did; it will lack third party AAA titles next gen and the third party games that are made specifically for the Wii U will sell like sh*t again.

It's absolutely shocking to hear devs say the console isn't as powerful as the 360 and PS3. That's 7 year old hardware for f*ck's sake. I shouldn't be surprised though, Nintendo is a Japanese company, and it's been blatantly obvious this past gen that they have no f*cking idea what the west wants.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Like I mentioned in the WiiU thread, the Wiiu can run the Unreal Engine 4.

faizanali
  • faizanali

Proud PC Gamer

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:29 PM Edited by faizanali, 22 November 2012 - 01:31 PM.

NOOOOOO, There is no DX11 on Wii U, I think OpenGL is way better uses less power consumption and does everything what DX11 does but im sure it doesn't support DX11.

GPU: The Wii U's graphics processing unit is a custom AMD 7 series GPU. Clock speed and pipelines were not disclosed, but we do know it supports DirectX 10 and shader 4 type features. We also know that eDRAM is embedded in the GPU custom chip in a similar way to the Wii.

http://www.eurogamer...he-wii-u-really.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

I dont want a wiip-u

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I believe the Wii U is Nintendo's 'bridge' It's only here to cash in on the AAA titles releasing within the next few months. A new Nintendo console will be released in 2014-15 that will be the real Next-Gen Nintendo console.

I haven't bought a Wii U yet. Only because my card isn't working and there are no stores in a 250 mile radius that have them in stock.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

I like Nintendo, i don't hate them, but damn!

Wii U's CPU and GPU Clock Speeds revealed, slower than PS3/360:
http://gamingbolt.co...wer-than-ps3360

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

So anybody else on here have one of these?

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (MikeChase69 @ Tuesday, Jan 1 2013, 03:37)
So anybody else on here have one of these?

I got a Wii U the other day biggrin.gif

MikeChase69
  • MikeChase69

A guy on this website

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Anybody else got one of these things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users