Quantcast

» «
Photo

WII U

196 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you bought a Wii U? (124 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you bought a Wii U?

1. Yes (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

2. No (108 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:23 PM

Faked or not, by doing this, Nintendo has basically made a promise, which now they know they have to live up to. Doubt they'd show us it all if they weren't planning on matching the graphics etc.

Nintendo probably had one of the best conferences, and by far better then M$ did. This will probably be pre-ordered for me. I always trust Nintendo not to rip us off with prices.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Monday, Apr 25 2011, 12:04)

There's also been a lot of rumours on different sites that the controller will have a screen built into it.

user posted image

Yes, it will. I saw a video of it.
I honestly think it sounds really stupid. The controller looks really uncomfortable, especially if you're doing a bunch of movement crap like Wii Sports.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

Wii U kinda sounds like a "f*ck U" in disguise when you think about it.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

For those who've played on PSP and gonna play on PSVita, Wii U controller will be OK.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 06:50)
I imagine shooting games can be pretty intuitive now, attach the controller to a new style zapper and you can look through the controller for iron sights view, with hip firing operating the same as it always has.

I'm not sure about the Zapper, but I remember seeing how one can aim the controller at the TV. The controller would have the sights, and then you can aim it at certain parts of the TV with precision (hopefully). You can play shooters like rail shooters, and sorry PC guys, but rail shooting is much more precise than the mouse. If Battlefield 3 uses this on the Wii U, then I would definitely want to get a Wii U.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 07:16)
For those who've played on PSP and gonna play on PSVita, Wii U controller will be OK.

Yeah but the Wii U thing is like twice the size of a PSP.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

It's still gonna sell like hotcakes.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 05:23)
Faked or not, by doing this, Nintendo has basically made a promise, which now they know they have to live up to. Doubt they'd show us it all if they weren't planning on matching the graphics etc.

Nintendo probably had one of the best conferences, and by far better then M$ did. This will probably be pre-ordered for me. I always trust Nintendo not to rip us off with prices.

I love Nintendo for being so affordable, they are out to make money, but they do it by charging less and selling more.

I am glad they have a proper controller this time round though, i am really excited for the Wii U, even though i told myself i won't purchase their next installment.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:59 AM

WOW so many people saying f*ck this because the controller looks kinda dumb? What is this kindergarten? You have no idea how it will feel in your hands. Who said you can't judge a book by its cover amirite?

As it stands Nintendo has my attention again. I was very much moved on with the Wii... I said no thanks but now a Nintendo console might be in my future. I'm still a bit skeptical but I'm be watching this.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (King Mystery @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 20:43)
QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Monday, Apr 25 2011, 12:04)

There's also been a lot of rumours on different sites that the controller will have a screen built into it.

[/IMG]http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/cafe_pad-1.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, it will. I saw a video of it.

You lie! sly.gif

And am not understanding the whole conversation on the controller been to awkward to hold. You get it in your head that because of the size, it will be awkward to hold for long periods of time. Thing is, couple of hours with the 360 controller and I find that its been rubbing my skin that much it's starting to blister, and I doubt I'm the only one who finds the 360 controller awkward. I remember when the original XBOX first came and how much the controller got slated, but everyone shut up after a while and put up with it, and they used near enough the same design for the 360 controller. I don't see how this tablet will be awkward; you lay the bottom part of it on your legs, and just hold the top of it.

Slate it as much as you want, but half of you will be eating your words if they pull this off, and we have something like Battlefield 3 on this tablet, in full graphical detail on a handheld.

Another thing I have always loved about Nintendo is how much they encourage people to actually sit together and play, rather then all this online playing with strangers. What I'm hoping is that you can switch the content between the tablet and the TV, as in have the map for a game on the TV, and then you're playing on the tablet itself. Would just make sitting with your mates playing a FPS game quite fun.

As with 99% of people on here, I also wasn't a big fan of the Wii. Obviously I bought one to see what it was like, but after 6 months of getting sh*tty third-party crap and a lack of 'real' games, I sold the console for a 360, but I never said a bad word about Nintendo. At the end of the day, they tried something new and original, rather then just a console to join in with the other companies. This is what's great about Nintendo, about how they don't stick to the norm, and are always pushing to try something new. Even if it's just smaller discs, they never seem to just go with creating a console to fit in with the other two main ones.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

The only bad thing that Nintendo made is that they allowed crappy third parties to develop software for the platform, leading to games with harsh reviews like what Data Design Interactive did - their games were so shoddy that someone once stated that it may harm the Wii's reputation.

At least they tried to do something different rather than just stick to the old box-and-joystick mantra, but then again they should be careful with allowing devs this time.

AmyJones
  • AmyJones

ADVIL CHAMPION

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:42 AM Edited by AmyJones, 13 June 2011 - 01:46 AM.

Being one who has played nintendo games since the late 80's I truely feel that this time the WiiU will be another "virtual boy" and will fail. I just don't see why this is needed to be that much included into next gen gaming, i may be wrong it's just how I feel about it.

EDIT also, the NES had stupid plastic things back in the late 80's just like the wii. Instead of forking over 20 bucks for a plastic steering wheel for mario kart you can literally duct tape your wii remote to a glass plate, think about it.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 04:45)
Wii U kinda sounds like a "f*ck U" in disguise when you think about it.

Nah, I think it's just Nintendo's way to show that they love pissing on all over us.

Machiavelli's Prophecy
  • Machiavelli's Prophecy

Mo money mo problems

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

Holding the Wii U controller is similar to holding a small laptop. f*cking retarded if you ask me, and since you can only look at one screen at a time I can imagine it being pretty annoying to have two. Oh well, imo the first Wii was sh*t and this one is too but it'll still sell like crazy. I'm just not gonna buy this little kids console.

King Of Monra
  • King Of Monra

When someone close to you dies, move seats

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

I'll probably get it, and I sure will get the new smash brothers as well.

I wonder if you'll be able to play old wii games on the new wiiu though.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

The Wii-U is fully backwards compatible with the Wii, allowing you to play it's games as well as use it's hardware.

From what I heard the Wii-U only supports one Wii-U Screentroller at a time, so I wonder if they'll change that before release.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 11:56)
Holding the Wii U controller is similar to holding a small laptop. f*cking retarded if you ask me, and since you can only look at one screen at a time I can imagine it being pretty annoying to have two. Oh well, imo the first Wii was sh*t and this one is too but it'll still sell like crazy. I'm just not gonna buy this little kids console.

Yeah thats why everyone who got a chance to play with it said its very light and almost like holding a portable. Looking at the screen isn't all its about moron its ironic that you call it a little kids console (third party support with games like Battlefield 3 and Arkham City sure doesn't sound like kiddie to me) when you plaster Justin Beiber all over your profile...

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Rockworm @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 09:37)
QUOTE (Machiavelli's Prophecy @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 11:56)

Yeah thats why everyone who got a chance to play with it said its very light and almost like holding a portable. Looking at the screen isn't all its about moron its ironic that you call it a little kids console (third party support with games like Battlefield 3 and Arkham City sure doesn't sound like kiddie to me) when you plaster Justin Beiber all over your profile...

You do realise he wasn't the one who put Bieber up as his avatar and pip, right?

Although I do agree with your other parts. tounge.gif

What you lot see as a big failure (Wii), other people see as a revolutionary console. Yes, we have Kinect and Move, but Nintendo did it first, and MS and Sony only took that idea and tweaked it a little bit to personalise it. The Wii failed because of terrible 3rd-party support that it got with it's games.

The thing is, Nintendo have yet again come up with something far from the norm, something that sounds ingenious, and have clearly stated that they are aiming at the Hardcore audience and trying to bring them back, and that they have great 3rd-party support this time round....yet, simply because the word "Nintendo" is on it, you're all slating it.

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Wii U console won't support DVD and Blu-Ray Disc
Source

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Here nintendo, just take my wallet, take it.
I hope you have fun with it.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Chinatown Wars @ Friday, Jun 17 2011, 20:53)
Here nintendo, just take my wallet, take it.
I hope you have fun with it.

Care to elaborate?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (PHCharls @ Friday, Jun 17 2011, 06:38)
Source

No big deal. I have a DVD and Blu Ray player. Never have I used my Wii to watch DVDs.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Friday, Jun 17 2011, 22:57)
QUOTE (PHCharls @ Friday, Jun 17 2011, 06:38)
Source

No big deal. I have a DVD and Blu Ray player. Never have I used my Wii to watch DVDs.

Exactly what it says in the statement, that everyone already has a DVD/Blu-ray player, so to keep prices down they have took that function out. Sounds good to me. smile.gif

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I apologise for the massive bump, but it saves making a duplicate topic that will hardly get any replies. I've seen many rumours circulating the net at the minute that state the Wii U is already failing to live up to all expectations, and sifting through all of this crap is quite tedious, so was wondering if anyone could provide some good, worthy information on the new system? I'm on a slow connection at the minute so can't be trawling through lots and lots of sites, but anyone care to summarise the latest news?

Always been a big fan of Nintendo, up until the Wii, but only because it seemed to forget about the gamers who wanted some actual games, rather than concentrating on the gimmick. Nowadays, people attack Nintendo and think it's cool to hate on it, but don't ever get it into thei heads that it wasn't Nintendo that failed, but instead it was the 3rd part support that let them down. Nintendo failed in the sense that it became too worried about offending people in terms of violent games and whatnot, and hopefully they learn from this mistake with their next console.

I'm not after some hardcore, violent games on the next system, but want to see them produce a console that can handle high-graphic games. Ever since I saw a rendered image of Zelda on the Wii U portable device, it got me all hyped up, but I'm worried that this was just a load of crap to get us all worked up.

Nintendo have some top quality titles, and these titles deserve a console that can push them further. Imagine a highly-detailed Mario game, or Zelda game, the way they should be? Imagine having all the old classics revamped and brought out in HD packs, such as the full Mario collection etc?

Just hope they realise that being 'friendly' is what's their major downfall at the minute.

-----------------------------

Just a suggestion, but maybe this could be changed into the official Nintendo topic?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

What'll be most important to anyone here is whether Rockstar will support it, I've little interest other then what Rockstar might propose for the system, and even then, I may sit on the sidelines

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 00:56)
What'll be most important to anyone here is whether Rockstar will support it, I've little interest other then what Rockstar might propose for the system, and even then, I may sit on the sidelines

If Nintendo sort all this bullsh*t out about not wanting to offend families, then I don't see why Rockstar wouldn't release their titles on the Wii U. Even if it doesn't get GTA, I'm sure they'd still offer them some other titles. It would be stupid not to.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

i honestly wont be getting the WII U if it gets poor ports/ horrible controls/ horrible games/ slow specs
the upcoming xbox and playstation is supposed to be announced this yr or nxt yr
and nintendo, stop with your wiimote bullsh*t. if i wanted wiimote, i would have just gotten the kinect and psmove which to me are 2 horrible add ons tbh

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

I wonder how well Wii U will do in the used market?!? That should be rather interesting, if it shows up in Goodwill thrift stores at some point?!?

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:58 AM Edited by mincemate003, 21 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 19:58)
I wonder how well Wii U will do in the used market?!? That should be rather interesting, if it shows up in Goodwill thrift stores at some point?!?

Well at least there's a chance it will a. be even more affordable and b. still be working, compared to the game of chance you used to play when you bought a used Xbox 360 tounge.gif .

I still plan to get one of these things when they come out. I've enjoyed my Xbox 360, but I'm tired of the crap that has come along with it. Bland FPS games dominating the market, ads everywhere on my console, nickle-and-diming through pointless DLC, etc. And even if I buy a Wii U at launch I'm sure it will be cheaper than the Xbox 720 and PS4 (speculative names of course) at launch. And if the rumors about the "serious business" next gen systems are true, with no optical drives and/or the inability to play used games, screw that, I'm hopping off the train.

I've had a GameCube, GBA SP and Nintendo DS (all years after their release), but I never had many games for them. I'll change that this generation and fully embrace Nintendo. Maybe I'll realize I should have been a Nintendo kid all along inlove.gif .

Just to clarify, didn't the Wii use an SD card slot for storing games and save files and the like? Perhaps the Wii U will keep this, but allow for USB drives or at least an SDXC slot. (just read the opening post. USB hard drives is awesome!)

edit- and another thing I love about the Wii U so far is its size! It looks to be even smaller than the Wii doesn't it? I'd say it's about 25% bigger than the controller! And if the original Xbox 360 and PS3 are anything to go by, the new Xbox and PlayStation will end up being more huge power-drawing systems.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (junkie2115 @ Thursday, Apr 14 2011, 17:18)
icon14.gif Nintendo might be ahead in the console wars once again?

I wouldn't say they're ahead of anything.

The Wii, should have been a last gen console. It would have "competed" much better with the Xbox/PS2 generation.
The Wii U, should have been released in the same window as the Xbox360/PS3.

But that's not how it went. Now, Nintendo is releasing a console that is a little more powerful than the 360, to compete with Nextbox/PS4...
sarcasm.gif

I'm still going to buy the damned thing. But, Nintendo consoles are only good for First Party games IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users