Quantcast

» «
Photo

WII U

196 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you bought a Wii U? (124 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you bought a Wii U?

1. Yes (10 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

2. No (108 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:05 AM Edited by GTAvanja, 08 June 2011 - 07:53 AM.

WII U

user posted image

http://www.zdnet.com...ming-2012/25420
Meet the Nintendo Wii U, the much anticipated successor to the popular Nintendo Wii. But will it be able to follow in the foot steps of the Wii, which sold more than 86 million units worldwide and expanded the gaming market?

The new console’s name, Wii U, combines the contradictions built into this iteration: it is both a console for everyone and just for you, according to Reggie Fils-Aime, CEO of Nintendo of America. One of the main criticism of the Wii is that its games only appeal to casual gamers, so the mission this time around is to go “deeper and wider” — offer deeper, more immersive experiences and appeal to an even broader user base (read: hardcore gamers). Of course, the new interactive experiences couldn’t exist without the hardware to support them, which brings us to the new Wii U.

The new Wii U will support HD graphics in 1080p, run on IBM’s Power-based multi-core processor and embedded DRAM, feature an AV Multi Out connector and can hook up to your television via HDMI or S-video cables. According to the press release, the system is also backward compatible and can play all Wii games and use all Wii accessories. Because the console itself wasn’t demoed on stage at E3, details on the actual box are limited to the specs below:
    Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
    Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Board™.
    Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
    Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
    Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
    Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
    CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
    Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

According to Nintendo’s legendary game designer and Senior Managing Director Shigeru Miyamoto, he envisions the Wii U “to become a more fulfilling device” in living rooms.” That is why the controller can continue games to free up the television for other entertainment needs, and handle video chats on the same device. (More details and photos of the Wii U controller are available here.)

Don’t be looking for this console in stores this holiday season as it won’t launch until some time in 2012.

However, the question still remains:

Can it run Crysis?

junkie2115
  • junkie2115

Age Of Empires

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

icon14.gif Nintendo might be ahead in the console wars once again?

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:23 AM

I won't be even mildly impressed unless it can handle DX11; HD resolutions are nothing without the proper accoutrements.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

I say DX11 with AA or bust... Still, this is going to really hammer the guesses of the Nerfnow guy...

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:16 AM

You guys do know that the only company that use DX11 is Microsoft, since they own it. Sony and Nintendo use their own software.

Regarding the Nintendo's next console, I really doubt that it is going to get the same attention as the Wii did.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:16 AM

Great! looking forward to the announcement.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

Would be weird seeing a Nintendo console using powerful graphics for its games. Can't wait for E3 now though, always been a Nintendo fan...to a certain extent.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

WIll be surely interesting to see!

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (The General. @ Apr 15 2011, 02:16)
You guys do know that the only company that use DX11 is Microsoft, since they own it. Sony and Nintendo use their own software.

Regarding the Nintendo's next console, I really doubt that it is going to get the same attention as the Wii did.

We do know, but what we mean is, "similar to DX11" or something along those lines... You know what I mean...

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

FF_sniper
  • FF_sniper

A real canadian

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:48 PM

calm down and google search old articles nintendo said there next wii will not have hd/3d. so expect a ps2 style console.
http://www.g4tv.com/...ole-wont-be-3d/

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:58 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 15 April 2011 - 09:03 PM.

Another rumor: http://www.computera...etails-claimed/

Rumored specs:
It says the console will include a custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three cores, a GPU from the ATI R700 family with a shader unit at version 4.1, and at least 512Mb of RAM.

So now they're saying that it's not significantly more powerful than 360 and PS3, instead it's slightly more powerful than 360. If this turns out to be the case I'll be disappointed. I want something awesome.

Keep in mind that all of these are just rumors. We'll have to wait for E3 for official announcement. But speculating and hating is fun so go for it.

El Digato
  • El Digato

New Kid on the Block

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

The Wii is okay. Although if the next generation nintendo home console will only dish out slightly better specs and HD Support (up to 1080p), it'd be a waste of money. They need to make it more powerful than the ps3 or 360. Maybe 3D support? And maybe disk support (for new technology around 60gb +) but then again, I doubt 8gen games will use more than 25gb.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (FF_sniper @ Apr 16 2011, 06:48)
calm down and google search old articles nintendo said there next wii will not have hd/3d. so expect a ps2 style console.
http://www.g4tv.com/...ole-wont-be-3d/

PS2 style? The Wii was more powerful that PS2 so the Wii 2 will surpass it greatly, just because it doesn't support 1080P doesn't mean it won't be more powerful than the PS3/XBOX360, which is not hard to beat.
The Xbox360 can't even support 1080p since it uses DVD.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:04 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 25 April 2011 - 12:44 PM.

It's official! Nintendo have announced this morning there will be a playable demonstration of the Wii's successor at E3 in June.

Investor Relations Information:

http://www.nintendo....r/en/index.html

PDF:

http://www.nintendo....1/110425_4e.pdf

There's also been a lot of rumours on different sites that the controller will have a screen built into it.

user posted image

user posted image

^ now that does look smexy

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:21 PM

Really looking forward to this. It's always great to have more competition.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

It's more of a catch-up to the other ones..

Besides, what are they gonna do with it? Dance games, Mario and Pokemon can only look so good.

Of course, they could do a complete turnaround and make this the new N64, complete with triple-A franchises and games that are actually fun. I'm not betting on it though..

A candidate architecture for the new IBM PPC processor: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/PowerPC_A2 - seems likely. It is their newest PPC design.

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:51 PM

Here comes another console war

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:01 PM Edited by TheCacti, 25 April 2011 - 02:04 PM.

QUOTE (PHCharls @ Apr 25 2011, 13:51)
Here comes another console war

Stop spamming mad.gif

The only post so far suggesting a console war is yours..

Besides, what are they gonna do with it? Dance games, Mario and Pokemon can only look so good.

Ahem...Zelda, anyone?

I only wish you were right about the turn around though.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 25 2011, 13:37)

This is what I'm worried about. Nearly all Nintendo's games are children's and family themed, with cartoony gfx.

What's the point of all that power if they're not going to have mature or adult themed games with realistic gfx? We'll have to wait and see what the launch titles are - who knows? We could even see a port of GTA IV on the Wii2. I bet if the ports were easy enough, publishers would be throwing all their titles at nintendo.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Apr 25 2011, 15:19)

This is what I'm worried about. Nearly all Nintendo's games are children's and family themed, with cartoony gfx.

What's the point of all that power if they're not going to have mature or adult themed games with realistic gfx? We'll have to wait and see what the launch titles are - who knows? We could even see a port of GTA IV on the Wii2. I bet if the ports were easy enough, publishers would be throwing all their titles at nintendo.

They've done it before - the N64 had games such as Goldeneye and Mission Impossible, not the kind of games one associates with the Wii.

With new hardware, a new name *and* a new controller they might be looking to go back to the mainstream of gaming. Who knows.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:30 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 25 April 2011 - 03:07 PM.

Of course, they could do a complete turnaround and make this the new N64, complete with triple-A franchises and games that are actually fun. I'm not betting on it though..

This is the #1 thing that Nintendo need to do right now. They've given the world something 'fun' to play with for a few hours, but after a while of playing Wii Games 10 or whatever, the fun starts to get tiresome really quickly. The Wii lasted 5 months before I got rid of it for the 360. Nintendo need to get over their fear of offending certain people, and get up to date with what gamers really want. With the Kinect, the Wii lost all it's appeal, especially since the Kinect goes further then the Wii does.

I'm not saying they need to start bringing out more blood-and-guts games, but where the f*ck did all the 'real' games dissapear to? They ruined every series on the Ninty by trying to add all this Wii-motion stuff into it, when all we really wanted is the gameplay itself. I've always classed myself as a big Zelda fan, but have not even paid the slightest interest in the newest game due to me never wanting the Wii again. Don't get me wrong, certain games were top quality, such as Mario galaxy, but they were sometimes made awakward with certain movements you had to do with the controller.

Nintendo need to restore faith back into the hardcore Nintendo gamers, and start delivering us some quality, rather then the trash they're spewing out on us such as all the Party games.

N64.2 FTW!

@Joseph, what you have to remember is that every Ninty game/console has been 'cartoony' in the style of graphics, but recently lost all appeal when we lost gameplay. I don't mind playing the 'cartoony' games, but I don't want to be playing games aimed at 4 year olds.

Edit: Found some more articles online, with one even naming the console:

Nintendo Confirms New Console in Wake of 66% Profit Drop

After the internet has been on fire with rumors and speculation about Nintendo’s new system, the company has finally agreed to admit that it exists.

“Nintendo has decided to launch in 2012 a system to succeed Wii, which the company has sold 86.01 million units on a consolidated shipment basis between its launch in 2006 and the end of March 2011.”

“We will show a playable model of the new system and announce more specifications at the E3 Expo, which will be held June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles.”

We’ve featured a number of specifications here before for “Project Cafe,” including its processing power and touchscreen integrated controls, but Nintendo has confirmed none of that yet.

Additionally IGN claims to have uncovered that the system will overall be more powerful than the PS3, it will support 1080p output and stereoscopic 3D, probably retail from $350 to $400 and is likely to be released this fall. Surprisingly what I haven’t heard is any information about motion controls, the original Wii’s staple feature.

Nintendo’s confirmation about the new system comes to quiet investors after some not great fiscal news. The company’s net sales were 1 trillion yen, down 29.3 percent compared to last year, and profits were 77.6 billion yen, down 66.1 percent.

Last year was a record year for the company, and Nintendo certainly isn’t in any danger, but it doesn’t hurt to announce an exciting new project to sugarcoat a news item like this.

More rumors as they surface, but we likely won’t know anything for sure until E3.

http://blogs.forbes....66-profit-drop/

So, Nintendo has finally confirmed that a new console will be out in 2012, six years after the release of the Wii. With Microsoft and Sony not due to release consoles until 2014 at the earliest, is this the death of the “console generation”?

For decades, video game consoles have been released in generations, similar devices competing for market share until they’re replaced at the same time by more similar devices. For every SNES there was a Genesis. The N64 was joined by the PlayStation and Saturn. The PS2 shared shelfspace with the Xbox and GameCube.

Nintendo releasing a new machine so far ahead of their competitors, though, perhaps signals a move away from this.

WARNING: WILD SPECULATION AHEAD!

Of course, you could argue the Wii has already killed the idea of the console generation. While released alongside the Xbox 360 and PS3, it was relatively under-powered, and relied on an innovative control scheme to cover up its antiquated hardware. It was, in the end, a very different machine to its competitors, something that had never really happened before.

A console release two whole years ahead of the competition would be something else entirely. It’s rumoured that Nintendo’s new machine is more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PS3, which will give it temporary superiority on the hardware front. There will be games on the new Nintendo machine, taking advantage of this, that you may not be able to play on older hardware.

That dominance won’t last forever, though. Microsoft and Sony will eventually release new hardware, and unless Nintendo is years ahead of the game – and this is where the wild speculation comes into it – you’d expect those consoles to in turn be more powerful in turn than Nintendo’s machine. As is usually the case when consoles are given a year or two to advance on technology, as faster components become cheaper to include.

(This is assuming, of course, that Microsoft and Sony continue their current strategy of bigger, better, faster. Ever since the Wii broke off from that arms race, though, anything is possible!)

We’d get a repeat of the Wii, in essence. Consoles out of step. Only this time, instead of simply being out of step technically, they’d be out of step technically and in terms of time. Killing the idea of the console generation.

(Imagine the Dreamcast taking on the original Xbox, for example. If the Dreamcast had actually lived long enough to do such a thing.)

What would this mean for gaming? More than you think! It would mean absolutely squat for Nintendo games, because Nintendo games are made for Nintendo hardware. But Nintendo consoles have for a long time now suffered from poor third-party support, and having another console out of step with the competition would presumably do little to help rectify this.

While Nintendo’s new machine was the market leader in terms of hardware, third-party games would – unless specifically built – be presumably built to still be able to run on 360 and PS3 consoles, negating Nintendo’s advantage. And when successors to Microsoft and Sony’s consoles are released, we’d be in the same position we are now with the Wii, third-party games having to be built using “last gen” technology and looking poor by more modern standards.

It’s certainly an interesting move by Nintendo, almost as if the company is intent to upturn the boat it started rocking in 2006 with the release of the Wii.

http://www.kotaku.co...ole-generation/

To be showcased at E3 in June
Nintendo has officially confirmed that it will introduce a new gaming console in 2012 to replace the venerable Wii.

The company plans to showcase the new console at E3 in Los Angeles in June, but no precise launch date has been set. Punters believe the launch should take place sometime in the first half of the year.

The console, dubbed Stream, Project Café or just Wii 2, is said to feature a faster IBM PowerPC processor, AMD HD 4770-derived graphics and an innovative controllers with built in touchscreens.

At this point it is unclear what Nintendo plans to do with its best selling Wii once the successor is introduced. The Wii has already seen a small price cut last week and if Nintendo chooses to keep it on sale next year it might end up the biggest bargain in the gaming industry.

http://www.fudzilla....onsole-for-2012

Retro styling with fresh and juicy hardware
Earlier this week we reported on a number of Nintendo Wii 2 rumours, and as more pieces fall into place it appears that all of them were spot on.

Analysts have suspected for quite some time that Nintendo will try to cater to the somewhat more serious gaming crowd with the new console. While the Wii was successfully aimed at casual gamers, its successor, reportedly dubbed Stream, could also appeal to the core gaming community. It will be styled along the lines of Nintendo’s legendary SNES from the early nineties. Nowadays, retro is all the rage, so why not – at least they are not bringing back Vanilla Ice hairstyles.

The hardware front is anything but retro. The console should feature an interesting novelty in the form of controllers with built in touchscreens. Here is the interesting bit, Nintendo plans to use what it calls ‘Screen Stream’ technology to stream games directly onto the screens, which opens up some very interesting options, at least if you have four controllers and as many people willing to join in on the fun.

In addition, the new console should be able to outpace the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Its tri-core IBM PowerPC processor should end up with a higher clock than the one used in the 360, so we can only guess that it will run at 3.2GHz or 3.4GHz. Coupled with AMD R700 graphics, probably in the HD 4770 class, the new console should pack quite a punch, especially in light of Sony’s and Microsoft’s apparent decision to postpone their consoles until 2014.

At this point the really big question is when Nintendo actually plans to introduce the new console. If it manages to introduce it in early 2012, Nintendo could have at least an 18-month technological lead over the competition. However, all the new technology will come at a price and the new console is expected to sell for $350 to $400.

So much for cheap and cheerful. Nintendo is apparently planning to attack a much more serious consumer base and take on the PS3 and Xbox on their own turf.

http://fudzilla.com/...y-dubbed-stream

This last article is what got me hyped up. The idea of bringing back the aracde feel of Nintendo, mixed with more grown up games for the hardcore gamers. It seems, if true, that Nintendo have finally realised their mistake and seem to be aiming at pleasing the whole games market. I'm loving the idea of holding a controller with a screen it it, making 4 player multiplayer more intense when playing locally now. Yes, online has killed the local multiplayer, but this could see it been brought back.

The one thing that online gaming for consoles spoilt IMO is the feeling of fun whilst playing with friends. Nothing can ever beat Goldeneye with 4 mates (one of them always choosing OddJob! mad.gif ).

I highlighted the tech specs of the console for those who understand it more.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (jelly @ Apr 25 2011, 10:24)
QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Apr 25 2011, 15:19)

They've done it before - the N64 had games such as Goldeneye and Mission Impossible, not the kind of games one associates with the Wii.

With new hardware, a new name *and* a new controller they might be looking to go back to the mainstream of gaming. Who knows.

After the Wii, I don't know if I could take Nintendo seriously again. Who knows, they may try to market the system towards an older audience (ie.not seniors).

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Apr 25 2011, 14:30)

This is the #1 thing that Nintendo need to do right now. They've given the world something 'fun' to play with for a few hours, but after a while of playing Wii Games 10 or whatever, the fun starts to get tiresome really quickly. The Wii lasted 5 months before I got rid of it for the 360. Nintendo need to get over their fear of offending certain people, and get up to date with what gamers really want. With the Kinect, the Wii lost all it's appeal, especially since the Kinect goes further then the Wii does.

I'm not saying they need to start bringing out more blood-and-guts games, but where the f*ck did all the 'real' games dissapear to? They ruined every series on the Ninty by trying to add all this Wii-motion stuff into it, when all we really wanted is the gameplay itself. I've always classed myself as a big Zelda fan, but have not even paid the slightest interest in the newest game due to me never wanting the Wii again. Don't get me wrong, certain games were top quality, such as Mario galaxy, but they were sometimes made awakward with certain movements you had to do with the controller.

Nintendo need to restore faith back into the hardcore Nintendo gamers, and start delivering us some quality, rather then the trash they're spewing out on us such as all the Party games.

N64.2 FTW!

@Joseph, what you have to remember is that every Ninty game/console has been 'cartoony' in the style of graphics, but recently lost all appeal when we lost gameplay. I don't mind playing the 'cartoony' games, but I don't want to be playing games aimed at 4 year olds.

I don't know why you would change the font and colour, making your text difficult to read. Fixed

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:08 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 25 April 2011 - 03:11 PM.

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Apr 25 2011, 15:03)
*snip*
I don't know why you would change the font and colour, making your text difficult to read. Fixed

Must be the skin I'm using since it looks fine on mine, sorry.

Edited the post to add some new articles I found.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

If Nintendo releases this in 2012 and Microsoft and Sony stick to their plan of a 2014/2015 release, I can see it potentially having a huge effect. Some developers are beginning to get annoyed at the limitations of the current console hardware. Assuming the next Nintendo console has a signifanct boost in power of the 360 and PS3 and they managed to find a better balance of games that utilize standard controls vs motion controls, they could draw the attention from both major groups of gamers. If they could pull this off well enough and bring in sales, developers could turn their attention to the new Nintendo forcing MS and Sony to rush out their latest efforts.

Whilst you could argue developers won't completely ditch 360 and PS3 support, it also wouldn't be wise for Nintendo to release a next generation console with little to no support from 3rd party developers.

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

Even though I don't own the Wii, I'm all for a new Nintendo console. New games, new potential and new competition. Hopefully they branch out their target audience a little bit this time!

I suspect Microsoft and Sony will release of their consoles earlier then planned, 2013 perhaps? Developers are already complaining about the restrictions they face on the current consoles. Give it another year, and with the release of the new console, they'll probably be begging for MS and Sony to re-think their release dates.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

Gamespot has a new article about the rumours that came about when the Wii was first announced, trying to basically say how much of this "real information" could actually turn out to be true. The controller is still a big rumour, and it sounds quite good to me. I just hope, if they do add this feature, that the whole gaming isn't done via the screen, and rather the controller still has buttons, and maybe the screen could show the map or something like that.

Apparently the new console is to be called Nintendo 21, but I rather doubt this.

Anyway,
Gamespot

Another thing am hoping for is backwards compatability, as I've missed quite a few good Wii games, such as the newest Zelda, and I still own a few GC games.

Also quite skeptical about the release date as been this year, but we'll see what happens at E3 I guess.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

Thought I would chuck this into the mix, it's about this screen that is going to appear on the controller. If the rumour is to be believed this screen is going to be something very very special. Apparently it is going to have tactile feedback, that is you will be able to feel textures on the screen. This is just a rumour though and I have absolutely no idea how they would pull this off :-

Haptic technology is a form of tactile feedback Used To Simulate the experience of Different objects best moments on screen. The player cannabis move their fingertips across a surface and Clearly Feel the Difference Between Soft, smooth or rugged texture. Electronic companies across the World Have Been Conducting research in this field for years. It’s Been rumored that Apple is close to patenting a similar technology, and we’ve seen the Toshiba demonstration of ‘New Sensation UI Solution’ That Applies a thin film over a screen in order to Achieve a haptic effect. In Nintendo’s case, this is a natural progression of Both the Nintendo DS touch screen & the Wii technology.

http://nintendoscene..._medium=twitter

I personally cannot see this happening myself, I mean the tech even if it exists would be extraordinarily expensive. But I guess people probably thought the same about motion control when the Wii was rumoured to incorporate it.

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:48 AM

They better 1up the corporate copycats known as Microsoft and Sony by just going all out and including virtual reality goggles. Who knows, they might get it right this time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users