.: DARK SOULS :.

186 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

I finally got my Intellegence and Faith up to level 20 each. Which now I can use some cool magic items. Homeward is always nice so I don't have to use a Homeward Bone, especially when farming. I wana try the glitch, but I think I will end up using the item instead of it glitching and I might need the item for later in the game for something so I didn't want to chance it. I would just take the chance if I didn't have the other two games to get to as well. Its not that I don't want to do a second run on this game, but there's nothing like having a "perfect playthrough" on these Souls games. Basically a playthrough where you don't miss anything item/dialogue wise, and no accidental dealths of any kind, all NPC quests played to the fullest, don't miss any areas or bosses of the game.

So now I just need to go speak with Quelana of Izalith thats down in the Blightown swamp, I almost forgot about her. I just need her to modify my Pyromancy Flame to +15, which it is +10 right now. I also need to buy out her magic items as well. I think once I get that out of the way I'll head from Blightown to The Valley of The Drakes to Darkroot Basin to go speak with Dusk of Oolacile again to see if she has anything new to say, I might travel the outskirts of Darkroot Basin since I'm there already, but I think I already got that drop for the outfit that is located down from her and around the big bend in the water. I will make sure though. LOL. Will then travel back up to Firelink Shrine to see Kingseeker Frampt to see what he has to say, if anything new and get rid of some items I'm overstocked on.

• Metalz likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:54 PM

Well, I'm about 115 hours into the game now. I went back to the Catacombs to finish up that area and The Tomb of The Giants. You have to use Cast Light though, which is perfect for that area. Using the Skull Lantern is even better at times, but I like having my shield a little more ready than that. The boss in the Catacombs was really easy though. I forgot, I could have finished the Catacombs alot earlier in the game but I only went there to get a dialouge from Patches early on plus I needed atleast 14 Intellegence to be able to use Cast Light as well.

I'm starting to learn to come prepaired before trying to attempt alot of these areas. Like The Great Hollow and Ash Lake for that matter. As I'm strolling down the big tree in the Great Hollow I question myself, Will I be able to climb out of here if need be? Is there a bonfire somewhere down there? I played it safe, I waited until I was able to get Homeward which is a 18 Faith so I could Homeward back to the bonfire at top of The Great Hollow if I got stuck at the bottome or couldbn't find my way out. I even went one more past that, I waited until I got the Lord Vessel as well.

I'll probably knock out The Tomb of The Giants tonight. I think I found my new Souls farming spot as well. Souls stack up fast down there. Heal has also been a lifesaver at times.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

I pretty much knocked out Anor Londo I think now. It is weird seeing that place so lite up with light all that time and then now its dark as all get out. LOL. The boss Dark Sun Gwyndolin got me a few times though. I lost probably 100,000 souls which was my own fault for not getting rid of it before the fight. LOL. Then after that I went to the beginning of The Duke's Archives and grabbed the item needed for the DLC and then I headed down to the Darkroot Basin to travel to the DLC area finally.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:38 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 13 May 2016 - 12:46 PM.

I need to level up more. I"m to the second boss of the DLC area and they are handing me my head. I think I'm level 91 at the moment. Want to be around 101 for the boss this time. Its about 53,000 Souls a click right now. I know what I'm doing the rest of the night now. Soul grinding. The Covetous Silver Serpent Ring is helping. I just seen though I can use Symbol of Avarice, I know it drains your health pretty quick, but if I Kindle the bon fire where I am at I'll have 10 Estus Flasks plus I'll use Heal miracle if needed as well. Last resort would be to use Homeward Miracle, but I don't think I'll have to. I guess the Miracle Repenish and Soothing Sunlight can be cast to offset the health drain as well. Symbol of Avarice stacks with Covetous Silver Serpent Ring giving you a +44% increase to Souls. I'll just grind the Darkwood Garden area that has the four enemies that fall off the edge of the mountain. If things go right, really quick to do. I just run by them real quick all at once and then they all follow me at once. Should be around 10,080 Souls a trip. Only takes two minutes if that a trip so, not so bad.

The DLC is amazing though. I love how they pick an area of the game and do what they do with it. I loved The Old Hunters in Bloodborne as well.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:04 PM

I'll have to admit that the boss in Chasm of The Abyss, Manus, Father of The Abyss, has a wicked move set. I struggled last night on him. I'm trying to go in the fight with Reverse Hollowing because the first time I fought him I noticed a Summon spot that was actually Sif the Wolfe. Really wana win the fight with the wolfe by my side. So basically I'm trying to hit the summon when the bosses health is about between 1/4-1/2 left. I'm sure by tonight I have it licked but oh the wait till I get to try again tonight. Probably won't get a chance until 9:00pm. The wait is......................its why I love this series so much. The more it punishes you, its  just drives your strive for the game ten times more. Can't wait to see where the game takes me next. I've been visiting all NPCs (thats still alive) right after I finish boss fights, just to see if any dialogue changes occur. I hate to say it, but for Lore purposes, I gotta kill Hawkeye Gough, even though he might be my favorite Souls character I have met so far. I still haven't played DSII or DSIII yet though. 150 hours now into Dark Souls.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

I finally beat Manus, Father of The Abyss. Which I just had to strategize better thats all. He has some dark magic attacks that most of the time are hard to dodge, but I forgot about having the Silver Pendant. It worked awesome, it was like I was completly invinsible against Dark Magic. Awesome. First game I used it, I beat him along with Sif of course. After that I pretty much ended a bunch of NPC quests. I fought and killed Hawkeye Gough which was kinda hard. He is probably my most hated death I had to put on an NPC yet. If you ware armor, and that armor has lore.....I gotta end you, LOL. I also finished off Reah of Thorolund who was hiding in The Duke Archieves. I ended Petrus of Thorolund as well, along with Griggs of Vinheim who was hiding in Sen's Fortress. I fully finished The Duke's Archieves and The Crystal Cave I think. I also had to end Big Hat Logan, who was going nuts anyways. He was basically buck naked somewhere on the way between The Duke's Archieves and The Crystal Caves. I beat Seath The Scaleless as well, and yes I got his tale which was really easy compaired to other bosses on that front. I just let him destroy the bon fire thing and as he came over at the start of the fight and as he was doing that, it gave me plenty of time to run behind him and chop the tail.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

I finished the game over the weekend and I started DSII: Scholar of the First Sin. I'm still getting used to the new rules but I am enjoying the game alot. At first I struggled of course but I'm getting it now more. The game is very detailed and the 60 fps on PS4 is really smooth. Its almost night and day compaired to the framerate struggles I had on Dark Souls for Xbox 360 even using X1 B.C. I just hope the non respawning enemies eventually doesn't catch up to me in future areas of the game. Souls farming was a huge part of my playthrough with Dark Souls and to know those ememies might not always be there is kinda scary at first. I guess I just need to stay alive more. LOL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users